The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Blackpool EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Blackpool EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Blackpool EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Blackpool EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Blackpool EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Blackpool EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Blackpool EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Blackpool EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Blackpool EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Blackpool Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Match Thread Vs Blackpool

Match Thread Vs Blackpool Empty Match Thread Vs Blackpool

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 06:37

Well for me this is a must win game. These are the games we need to start picking 3 points up in to be in with a shout come next May. I mean no disrespect to Blackpool who are holding their own, playing nice football and have a fine manager in Ian Holloway (who I think we will see a lot more of in years to come !). The thing is we have a better team then them. That dosen't mean 3 points are a given but it should mean we can acheive them. Gotta admit I'm really looking forward to this game as this was a game I remember from being a young lad (showing me age lol) when I was first getting intrested in Spurs & football. Will post stats up soon but I don't think there will be much after the very early '70s apart from a cup game or two so the form book won't amount to much. Anyway, this is one 'arry should fire the lad's up for and demand a performance & a result . . . . .

Match Thread Vs Blackpool Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Blackpool

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 06:47

At Blackpool (26 games)

Results Total %

Blackpool 6 23.08% (wins)

Tottenham Hotspur 11 42.31% (wins)

Draws 9 34.62%

Goals Total Av.pg

Blackpool 29 1.12 pg

Tottenham Hotspur 34 1.31 pg

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 06:49

Record Scores

Highest Aggregate 7 Tottenham Hotspur 6 - 1 Blackpool 1963/1964

Highest Blackpool score: 5 Blackpool 5 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur 1954/1955

Highest Tottenham Hotspur score: 6 Tottenham Hotspur 6 - 1 Blackpool 1963/1964

Match-by-match

Season Date Home Score Away Competition
    2007/2008 Wed 31 Oct Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 0 Blackpool League Cup
    1990/1991 Sat 05 Jan Blackpool 0 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur F.A. Cup
    1977/1978 Sat 11 Feb Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 2 Blackpool Second Division
    1977/1978 Sat 17 Sep Blackpool 0 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur Second Division
    1971/1972 Wed 17 Nov Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 0 Blackpool League Cup
    1970/1971 Mon 12 Apr Blackpool 0 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur First Division
    1970/1971 Sat 12 Sep Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 0 Blackpool First Division
    1966/1967 Sat 05 Nov Blackpool 2 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur First Division
    1966/1967 Sat 15 Oct Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 3 Blackpool First Division
    1965/1966 Sat 05 Feb Blackpool 0 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur First Division
    1965/1966 Fri 27 Aug Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 0 Blackpool First Division
    1964/1965 Sat 13 Mar Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 1 Blackpool First Division
    1964/1965 Mon 28 Sep Blackpool 1 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur First Division
    1963/1964 Sat 18 Jan Blackpool 0 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur First Division
    1963/1964 Sat 14 Sep Tottenham Hotspur 6 - 1 Blackpool First Division
    1962/1963 Sat 19 Jan Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 0 Blackpool First Division
    1962/1963 Sat 08 Sep Blackpool 1 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur First Division
    1961/1962 Sat 16 Dec Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 2 Blackpool First Division
    1961/1962 Sat 19 Aug Blackpool 1 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur First Division
    1960/1961 Wed 31 Aug Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 1 Blackpool First Division
    1960/1961 Mon 22 Aug Blackpool 1 - 3 Tottenham Hotspur First Division
    1959/1960 Sat 30 Apr Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 1 Blackpool First Division

Opps silly me, had completely forgot we have played them in the League in the mid-seventies . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 07:53

i heard it called get called off. i hope not. the games will start to come thick and fast soon. dont want any fixture congestion witht he fa cup and champions league soon upon us

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 09:07

Loughtonlegend wrote:i heard it called get called off. i hope not. the games will start to come thick and fast soon. dont want any fixture congestion witht he fa cup and champions league soon upon us

I heard that too lought ! i suppose it gives the injury list a chance to clear up if you are looking for something positive.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Dec 16 2010, 18:04

CALLED OFF? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Iv arranged my Sunday afternoon around this game!!!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 19:30

It's still on at present but if Blackpool gets very bad weather it may be called off as Blackpool do not have under-soil heating . . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Dec 16 2010, 22:52

The thing that stands in my mind more than anything about Blackpool is the 1953 semi-final when they played us at the villa ground. I was 13 years old (shows you how old I am) and went up to the game with my Dad on the train that was full of Spurs supporters singing all the way and not a bit of bother.

It was 1-1 with just a couple of minutes to go and Alf Ramsey.....who was having a great game.... passed the ball back to Ted Ditchburn very casualy and I think it was Stan Mortensen nipped between them and scored and we lost 2-1. The rest is history they went on to win a classic final that was known as the Stanley Mathews final and Mortensen scored a hat trick which was the first time anyone had and I do believe nobody has since. I think Mathews was 50 at the time and he scored the winning goal I believe.

It was sad that we didn't make it to the final but it was a classic as I say and had so much drama,goals and injuries.

Mikey M
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Dec 16 2010, 23:35

If this gets called off it will ruin my weekend Sad

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17 2010, 02:16

DJSR (Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:35 pm) wrote:If this gets called off it will ruin my weekend Sad

Good chance of it dj ! snow forecast for that area saturday..........? blackpool in devon is ok though ! santa

Post by Guest Sat Dec 18 2010, 23:20

Blackpool v Tottenham

Sunday, 19 December 2010
    Barclays Premier Leagu
    Blackpool v Tottenham 13:30

Barclays Premier League
    Venue: Bloomfield Road Date: Sunday, 19 December Kick-off: 1330 GMT
    Coverage: Watch live on Sky Sports 1 and highlights on Match of the Day 2; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and local radio; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

TEAM NEWS

The lack of undersoil heating at Bloomfield Road has put Blackpool's match with Tottenham in doubt.

If it goes ahead, the Seasiders will be without captain Charlie Adam, who serves a one-match suspension.

Tottenham's Jermaine Jenas has had to delay his comeback from a calf problem and will be absent on Sunday.

Rafael van der Vaart and Younes Kaboul could both return from injury, while Wilson Palacios should be fit despite picking up a knock last weekend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackpool

Suspended: Adam (one match)

Doubtful: Cathcart (knee), Halstead (illness), Vaughan (ankle)

Injured/unavailable: Almond (shoulder), Baptiste, Clarke, Gilks & Martin (all knee), Basham (leg), Harewood (hamstring), Rachubka (ineligible), Sylvestre (hamstring)

Tottenham

Doubtful: Kaboul (hip), Palacios (ankle), Van der Vaart (hamstring)

Injured: Huddlestone (ankle), King & Woodgate (both groin), Jenas (calf), O'Hara (back)

MATCH PREVIEW
    The last time these sides met at Bloomfield Road was in 1991 when a 1-0 win in the third round of the FA Cup set Tottenham on their way to a famous Wembley victory. Football folklore says Spurs win a trophy when the year ends in one, and given their scintillating form so far this season the odds on a first title triumph since 1961 are shorter than they have been in a generation.

A record of only one win outside London in all competitions this season has given Spurs a reputation for travel sickness, yet Harry Redknapp's men are protecting a six-game unbeaten run and have not lost to Blackpool since 1966.

Only Arsenal and Manchester City have won more away games than Ian Holloway's men this season, but the Seasiders' form at home has been built on shifting sands, and they are the only side not to have kept a clean sheet in front of their own supporters.

It's a statistic that must concern Holloway with the likes of Jermain Defoe, Roman Pavyluchenko and Gareth Bale strutting into town.

But it's been a tangerine dream so far for the club on their debut in the Premier League, and they fear nobody. Tottenham have regularly succumbed to newly promoted clubs and few eyebrows would be raised if Blackpool added another scalp to their growing collection.

MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head

• Their last meeting came in the League Cup in 2007 with Tottenham recording a 2-0 home win in the fourth round. Their last league meeting came in the old Division Two in February 1978, with the Seasiders earning a draw at White Hart Lane. Tottenham won the reverse fixture 2-0 at Bloomfield Road earlier that season.

• The last time Blackpool beat Spurs in any competition was eight games ago back in October 1966 when they triumphed 3-1.

• This will be the 58th meeting between the sides. Tottenham have won 30 matches, Blackpool 13 and there have been 14 draws.

Blackpool

• The Seasiders' only defeat in the last seven matches was when they made 10 changes to the starting line-up at Aston Villa (W3, D3, L1).

• Blackpool have allowed the opposition 106 shots on target against them this season, more than any other team in the league.

• David Vaughan notched an impressive 91% pass completion rate at Stoke last Saturday.

• Blackpool have scored six goals from outside the box, more than any other side in the top flight.

Tottenham

• They have only won one game outside London this season in all competitions (v Stoke).

• Tottenham have thrown away eight points from winning positions this season, having drawn against West Brom, Sunderland, Birmingham and Chelsea. But they have recouped 16 points from losing positions, which is more than any other top-flight side.

• They scored with their only shot on target against Chelsea last Sunday and they had just 38% possession.

• Spurs have scored 52% of their goals with their left foot, a higher proportion than any other side.

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Blackpool

Harewood & Varney: 5 goals (5 league);
    Adam: 4 goals (3 league)

Tottenham

Bale & Pavyluchenko: 9 goals (5 league)

MATCH OFFICIALS
    Referee: Lee Probert

Assistant referees: Dean Mohareb & Ceri Richards

Fourth official: Anthony Taylor

LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS
    Blackpool (W1-0 v Stoke, a): Kingson, Eardley, Cathcart, Evatt, Crainey, Grandin (Phillips 80), Adam, Vaughan, Taylor-Fletcher, Campbell, Varney. Subs not used: Halstead, Southern, Ormerod, Euell, Edwards

Tottenham (D1-1 v Chelsea, h): Gomes, Hutton, Dawson, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Palacios (Sandro 89), Modric, Bale, Pavlyuchenko (Keane 78), Defoe (Crouch 60). Subs not used: Cudicini, Bentley, Giovani, Corluka.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19 2010, 01:42

its off. what a surprise
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Dec 19 2010, 03:27

Gutted its off Sad

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19 2010, 03:58

Yup me too. Looks like I will have to walk up pub for a pint now. Oh the hardship . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Dec 19 2010, 04:34

Yeah balls to it am going out tonight, walloped my Sunday afternoon that bloody snow!!!
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Dec 19 2010, 04:46

Just been thinking about this lads and maybe its a blessing in disguise, it gives the likes of VDV, Kaboul and Jenas an extra week to get fit with the busy xmas schedule coming up. Yeah its an extra game in the coming months but coming were good enough!!! COYS

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19 2010, 05:27

im happy now most prem games have been called off.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19 2010, 06:15

Blackpool P-P Tottenham

Blackpool's Premier League match at home to Tottenham on Sunday has succumbed to the cold weather and has been postponed.

The Seasiders held a meeting involving both clubs, police, the local authority and the Premier League.

It was decided that because of fan safety - and despite the Bloomfield Road pitch being playable on Saturday - Sunday's game should be postponed.

A new date for fixture will be announced in due course.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19 2010, 06:18

So the pitch was playable today. In these days of health & safety no risks must be taken or minimised & controlled to the extent they are no longer a risk. Yup a week off into the busy Xmas period may not be such a bad thing Lee . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22 2011, 09:41

Bringing this one back up guys for the simple reason it's so long since we played 'em in the league it deserves a thread. Still see the game along the lines of the original post and it would be luverly to see 3rd place in our hands . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22 2011, 09:50

TEAM NEWS
    Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart will miss the game at Blackpool with a calf injury, but should be back for the match against Wolves on 6 March.

Defenders Jonathan Woodgate (groin) and Vedran Corluka (ankle) also miss out with injuries sustained during the Champions League win at AC Milan.

Blackpool have reported no new injury concerns ahead of Tottenham's visit.

Keeper Matthew Gilks and fellow Scot Stephen Crainey are still a few weeks away from returning to action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackpool

Doubtful: Kornilenko & Sbai (both fitness)

Injured: Basham (leg), Crainey (ankle), Clarke, Gilks & Rachubka (all knee)

Tottenham

Injured: Bale (back), Corluka & Huddlestone (both ankle), Kaboul (knee), King & Woodgate (both groin), Van der Vaart (calf)

MATCH PREVIEW
    From the San Siro to the seaside; Tottenham follow up their famous victory over seven-time European champions AC Milan with a trip to seven-time Lancashire Senior Cup winners Blackpool.

The last time these sides met at Bloomfield Road was in 1991, when a 1-0 win in the third round of the FA Cup set Tottenham on their way to a famous Wembley victory. Football folklore says Spurs win a trophy when the year ends in one, and given their scintillating form in Europe this season, anticipation is building in north London.

By contrast, early-season expectations at Blackpool have been tempered by a collapse in form since the turn of the year that has seen Ian Holloway's men plummet down the table. The Seasiders have managed only one win in 2011, collecting just four points from an available 27.

Blackpool haven't beaten Spurs since a 3-1 victory at White Hart Lane in October 1966, but they have to go even further back for their last home victory over the London club: a 4-1 win in September 1956, back in the days when Jimmy Armfield and Sir Stanley Matthews were regulars in Tangerine.

MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head

• This is their first meeting since 2007, when Tottenham recorded a 2-0 home win in the fourth round of the 2007 League Cup.

• Their last league meeting came in the old Division Two in February 1978, with the Seasiders earning a draw at White Hart Lane. Tottenham won the reverse fixture 2-0 at Bloomfield Road earlier that season.

• Blackpool have not beaten Spurs in any competition for seven matches since a 3-1 league victory back in October 1966.

Blackpool

• Blackpool's draw with Aston Villa last time out ended a run of five consecutive league defeats, but they remain winless in six.

• The Seasiders have the worst home record in the Premier League: 12 points from as many matches.

• Only West Brom have conceded more league goals than Blackpool this season.

Tottenham

• Spurs are unbeaten in their last five league matches, winning the last three - their longest winning run of the season.

• They are unbeaten in all three Premier League matches against promoted clubs this season, but have failed to win either of their away matches against them - drawing 1-1 at West Brom (11 September) and 1-1 at Newcastle United (22 January).

• Benoit Assou-Ekotto is poised to make his 100th Premier League appearance for Tottenham.

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Blackpool

Campbell: 9 goals* (9 league); Adam: 7 goals (6 league)

*Includes 1 goal (1 league) for Leicester

Tottenham

Van der Vaart: 12 goals (10 league);

Bale: 11 goals (7 league)

MATCH OFFICIALS
    Referee: Chris Foy

Assistant referees: Dean Mohareb & Trevor Massey

Fourth official: Jon Moss

LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS
    Blackpool (D1-1 v Aston Villa, h): Kingson; Baptiste, Evatt, Cathcart, Carney, Adam, Vaughan, Grandin (Puncheon 39), Campbell, Harewood (Phillips 67), Varney (Reid 72). Subs not used: Kettings, Southern, Eardley, Beattie.

Tottenham (W2-1 v Sunderland, a): Gomes; Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Pienaar (Lennon 78), Jenas, Sandro, Kranjcar, Defoe (Palacios 87), Pavlyuchenko. Subs not used: Cudicini, Crouch, Bassong, Khumalo, Woodgate.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22 2011, 10:02

make the most of this game lads because we only have 3 games in march.

we have this weekend off aswell.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Feb 22 2011, 17:48

this has got to be 3 points, cant see anything else! And we will leap frog Man sh*tty into 3rd!! Its in our own hands once again! COYS!
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Feb 22 2011, 17:57

Any links for this game lads seeing as tho sky have ditched us!!!
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Feb 22 2011, 18:29

Links for the game will evetually appear here >> LINKS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 09:21