The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Refs playing there part EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Refs playing there part EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Refs playing there part EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Refs playing there part EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Refs playing there part EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Refs playing there part EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Refs playing there part EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Refs playing there part EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Refs playing there part EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Refs playing there part Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Refs playing there part

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Refs playing there part Empty Refs playing there part

Post by LOBO Wed Dec 29 2010, 03:59

They are trying there damned hardest to make sure we don't get top 4 again.

I may well be paraniod but we played Villa defoe sent off for a no nothing challenge and play 75 mins with ten men, today newcastle should have had a man sent of instead we get kaboul sent of and have to play the second half with ten men again, it seems to be a conspiracy against us atm..lol

Refs playing there part Empty Re: Refs playing there part

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29 2010, 04:02

how that guy didnt get sent of is beyond me. kaboul though can have no complaints hes an idiot. hes now going to have to fight for hes place again now galas and king wil be back by the time hes 3 game ban is up

silly boy
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Dec 29 2010, 04:06

Kaboul was a cnut. As soon as you make a gesture like that with your head you are in trouble these days. You just can't do that with the modern Refs. i knew if the ref had seen it he would be off.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29 2010, 04:14

Playing with 10 men suited us. It made the Barcodes push up and attack rather than clogging midfield in an attempt to stiffle us. This allowed us to counter-attack at pace and open them up. The ref was correct to send-off Kaboul but he was incorrect in not showing Ti(tty)ote a 2nd yellow just before that. I sure don't think it's a conspiracy just ineffectual refereeing . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29 2010, 04:51

PMSL some wag has posted this on the Ref's Wikipedia entry . . . . . .

Premier League career
    His first ever Premier League game came on February 3, 2010 at Craven Cootage between Fulham and Portsmouth. The game ended 1-0 to Fulham. He refereed one more game in the top flight during the 2009-10 season before being promoted to the Select Group of Referees at the start of the 2010-11 season. On 18 September 2010 he took charge of the Premier League fixture between Blackburn and Fulham at Ewood Park. The match ended 1-1, but Taylor was heavily criticised by both managers for reportedly failing to see a handball outside of the penalty area by Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer in the seventh minute, and later awarding Blackburn the opening goal despite an apparent foul on the Schwarzer.[11]

On December 28, 2010, he refereed a match between Tottenham Hotspurs and Newcastle United. His decisions and overall performance were below par and dismal. While secretly wearing a Newcastle United shirt under his referee attire, he went on to hand out multiple bookings for petty offences and a red card to Tottenham Hotspurs. Despite these setbacks, Tottenham, already in the lead before being reduced to 10 players, fought with burning desire and spirit to win the game 2-0 with a wonderful strike from the brilliant Gareth Bale. Tottenham were triumphant, overcoming the odds of playing 10 versus 12.

May have been changed but the link is below . . . . .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Taylor_%28referee%29#Premier_League_career

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Taylor_%28referee%29#Premier_League_career

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29 2010, 06:17

Tottenham were triumphant, overcoming the odds of playing 10 versus 12. lmao
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed Dec 29 2010, 07:14

Today was a classic example of a referee losing control because he didn't take a firm stance with Newcastle from the start. They came with a get a point at any cost attitude and heavy tackling right from the kick off should have been stamped on. At half time the discussion round me was that a Spurs player would retaliate and get sent off. Well as we know it happened and while I agree Kaboul was an idiot it looked from where I was sitting that the tackle was two footed studs up and that should have been a straight red.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 20:56