The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Surplus players and transfer rumours. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Surplus players and transfer rumours. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Surplus players and transfer rumours. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Surplus players and transfer rumours. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Surplus players and transfer rumours. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Surplus players and transfer rumours. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Surplus players and transfer rumours. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Surplus players and transfer rumours. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Surplus players and transfer rumours. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Surplus players and transfer rumours. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
HotspurRoper
ionman34
BazSpur
DJSR
8 posters

Surplus players and transfer rumours.

Surplus players and transfer rumours. Empty Surplus players and transfer rumours.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29 2010, 22:50

So lets have your thoughts on the below mentioned players ! do you rate them ? would you like them to stay? who would you replace them with if they go in the jan window? should we persevere with them?

These are players rumoured to be bottom of harrys list when it comes to first team selection ! and rumoured to be on their way out of spurs at some time or another, they are not chosen by myself so dont get on your high horses and give me a hard time.....its just a topic to be disgussed on here..... lol!

Dos santos.......good for mexico ! crap for spurs.........question has he been given enough games to prove himself?

Robbie Keane !......how can a player like robbie go from what he has been to a has been.......is something wrong somewhere?

O,Hara ! the no necked muppet !...injured back but would he get a game anyway ?

Danny Rose ! wants out because of lack of first team opportunities ! if you want him to stay who,s place could he take.

Bentley ! actually he has been professional and kept his mouth shut at lack of playing time, injured for a long spell but still cant get in the team ! personally i would like him to stay, if only to keep the player selected ahead of him on his toes.

Niko Kranjcar ! some love him on here and i can see why ! lought once said that he doesnt beat anyone and i agreed, i also think he has lack of mobility......in his favour is a great shot.

Finally woody woodgate ! does harry send him out on loan,? does he include him in his named 25 for the new year? its a gamble but i love woodgate because he is class, whether the long term injury will affect him or not is questionable and he isnt getting any younger.

Last edited by lewspurs on Wed Dec 29 2010, 23:05; edited 1 time in total
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Surplus players and transfer rumours. Empty Re: Surplus players and transfer rumours.

Post by DJSR Wed Dec 29 2010, 23:01

I would stick Jenarse on that list too, he was back to his old ways yesterday, i would flog him, along with Keane, Bentley, O'hara,Santos.

And bring in Diarra & Dzeko

Surplus players and transfer rumours. Empty Re: Surplus players and transfer rumours.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29 2010, 23:04

Didnt see the game dj but others on here reckon jenas has improved ? bom
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Dec 29 2010, 23:31

Lew mate, he was doing ok, but once he gets dropped he goes back to his old ways, flapping his arms doesnt know who to pass to, lost the ball trying to take players on in our half, flog him bring in Diarra.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29 2010, 23:35

At this moment in time I would be loathe to ship anyone out. It depends on any targets (or loanees coming back) 'arry may have in mind but should we start to pick up injuries again we will need the whole squad. So I will now look from a replacements are in place view point -

O'Hara - after his Cup semi-final comments I don't care if I never see this lad in a Spurs shirt again. He may have had a place in the squad and a job he could he have done but he sullied his reputation with a selfish attitude.
    Corluka - Thanx for the service Charlie but we have better options in front of you and a ready made right-back ready to come back from loan.
    Keane - time to find your next favourite boyhood club.
    Woody - a loan deal only to see if he can regain his fitness & mojo . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 00:47

DJSR wrote:Lew mate, he was doing ok, but once he gets dropped he goes back to his old ways, flapping his arms doesnt know who to pass to, lost the ball trying to take players on in our half, flog him bring in Diarra.

As i said dj i havent seen much of jenas at all recently, probably like many others through his long standing injury.

I have never thought much of jenas because of his misplaced passes (usually to the opposition) he used to frustrate me by breaking down so many moves and starting the other team off on one.

Having said that i used to like his runs down the middle of the pitch, and he did try a pop at goal,(successfully at times)

I didnt mention him simply because others on here were saying he was back to his best ! and why wasnt he in ahead of palacios in the newcastle game?

Perhaps thats why harry is still hopeful of getting scott parker !? Cool
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 30 2010, 00:56

Personally I thought Jenas had a cracking game against Newcastle and I have never particularly been a lover of the player but credit where it's due I think he offered something different when he came on and seemed to be involved in everything.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 30 2010, 01:10

Bit harsh on Jenas DJ, he lost the ball once in our half trying to be clever but that was the only foot he put wrong. Not long ago I was also stating that he needed to be shipped but I've seen a reinvented player in his last 10 games where I never believed he could string two good games together. I'd most definitely keep him now because it seems the competition, in the middle, is finally bringing out the quality that everyone knew was there, but never thought would be realised.

Dos Santos, I believe, has had opportunities but has not taken them by the throat. We are seeing something at Spurs that has never been there in my lifetime, a squad so strong that you have to show something extra to make it into the first team midfield. If you don't then there are others who will. Just think how the likes of Thudd and Santos are going to have to up their game to get back in. Dos Santos has shown less than Bentley on the right, couldn't get a start on the left if he tried and hasn't a prayer of slotting into the middle. I wanted to see him get a shot up front, as I honestly thought that was his last chance of maintaining a presence at Spurs, but that hasn't happened and never will now I think. So Dos Santos will have to go.

Danny Rose, I think, will simply have to go if he can't remain patient. He has two hopes of getting a regular starting berth on the left ................. Bob Hope and No Hope!

I'd shift Bentley too, replace him with Pienaar, if the stories are true. We'd get around 8 mill for Bentley whilst Pienaar, if the sums are correct, will cost 2 mill.

O'Hara? Surplus to requirements. We have midfielders, ahead of him in the pecking order, who can't get a game at the moment, even with the like of Thudd injured and VDV being out for a bit. Sell him on, the likes of Fulham or the spam would pay good money for a player like him, we'd be able to squeeze either of them for 5-8 mill.

Keane? Lost his edge completely and I think he knows it. With the edge lost the passion goes, closely followed by the game. I think it's a foregone conclusion that he will go to the first team that bids for him.

Now Krancjar I'm a bit more reluctant to see go. I no longer see him as a replacement left sided player, the reasons have already been mentioned by Lought and Lew. He doesn't have sufficient pace to fit into the way we play on the flanks, as with Bentley, and if played there would need to have Benny going beyond him while he covers. I actually see him more as a central midfielder. While not quick he is mobile, can tackle and break up play, and can also pick a pass. Here, though, he is still only my third choice with Thudd and Jenas ahead of him. Unfortunately for Niko, he doesn't even rate thirs as Palacios gets picked ahead of him, although after his mare yesterday he may get pushed further back. I have to be honest though, I'd rather see Palacios go than Krancjar.

And finally Woody. The whole thing balances on his fitness and his ability to remain injury free. The thing is, though, we have three young and gifted Centre Half's who, I believe, can become everything that King and Woodgate are and were. I see Kaboul as the natural successor to King, he just has that air of confidence about him and the all round game that King posesses. IMO he is well on his way to being top class. Dawson is, well, Dawson, an absolute rock who just continues to grow and grow. The bloke was out for weeks after rupturing knee ligaments. Did anyone notice in the last 2 matches? Did he ever look like he'd been away, on crutches, unable to keep match sharp?

Me either. I can't begin to say just what an achievement that is, particularly when you consider who he was at war with yesterday. How many other CH's can boast that they kept Andy Carroll quiet for 90 minutes only 2 games back from an extended lay off?

The there's Bassong. How often have we seen him come into a game, cold and whilst we are under pressure defencively, only to slot in seamlessly and perform excellently? He reads the game well and will only get better.

Basically, I'd rather Woodgate was loaned out to allow the development of these three carry on apace.

I can't really think of any more serious contenders. I'd like to see if we could swoop for Given, if Citeh would ever entertain it, as I think he'd end up first choice. I have far more confidence in Given than Gomez. Given is also a great shot stopper but he very rarely makes mistakes. Cudders would probably go then with Gomez needing to work his socks off to get his place back. Charlie is the other but not yet. Even with Walker back, Charlie can still offer quality cover for the position. We've already seen just how badly we can be hit, in defence, with injuries. As long as he's willing to stay I'd keep him for eventualities.

Sorry chaps, long winded I know, but that's my assessment.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 30 2010, 02:13

REPPED for that appraisal ion. Dawson was as you say a rock yesterday and would vy for MOTM with Modders in my opinion. His battle with Carroll yesterday rminded me of the titanic battles Mike England used to have with Peter Osgood, there was no quarter given there either. Dawson effectively showed the rest of the Prem yesterday how to snuff Carroll out of a game. Lets hope he can do it again in 3 weeks for the return match at St James's Park but Carroll could be playing for us if the rumours are true. Who knows?
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Dec 30 2010, 04:49

Jenas stays for me, like Baz iv never been a great lover of the lad but you have to credit him he has been fantastic since his return from injury.

O'Hara can go, puts a shift in but offers very little else

Keane, loved him in his 1st stint at the club but since his little jolly on Merseyside looks half the player and getting no younger.

Bentley, admire his attitude at getting very little game time just think Harry sees him as money to play with in the January market along with...

... Dos Santos and Kranjcar, personally id keep Niko cos i think hes a great player.

Woodgate stays for me, if needs be send him to the championship on loan to get his fitness levels up and he be raring to go next term

Corluka may also be sacrificed to make funds for in coming players wether it be January or the summer market.

Players in... Piennar is constantly linked and they say no smoke with out fire and also id throw a cheeky bid for Torres, iv said on here on more than once id love to see him pull on the white shirt for Spurs

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 05:27

dos santos. i dont mind if he stays but if he goes i wont cry

bentley i think he should stay unless we get good money back for him 8/10mill

ohara. he can go. i felt sick listinin to him sayin he wants the club who pay hes wages to lose.

krankar. i want him to stay and i also perfer him in the middle.

keane he can go

corluka can go. i perfer hutton to him and hopefully walker will be huttons back up

jenas def stays.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Dec 30 2010, 06:24

Far play we always want to be looking to improve, but before rocking any boats lets see who can replace these players,

What we have now is working, do we want to ship out 5 players only to replace them with 5 other players that wont make the team? Or are we saying we want to replace players like Lennon or Bassong in which case, will we be upsetting the very productive applecart we have right now.
    Ship out all 5 and replace with 1 or 2 top top players as harry might say, makes the best sense to me.

I think we are a torres or a Drogba type player short of taking the league by storm, I really do.

Who that is I'm not at all sure, they would have to fit into a bloody good squad without demanding special treatment.

Carroll would think he'd died and gone to heaven if he joined Spurs & like him or not he's a very effective player I know he's not top draw yet, question is, will he be.

PS: Always said Jenas was a good player but like all players, surround them with cack and they will look cack, right now he's surrounded with class.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 06:30

We might as well get rid of Sandro, for all the good he's done us.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 06:41

yep sandro look woefull in the games hes started. i wish we kept the prince
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 30 2010, 07:37

Yep on the face of it Sandro looks like another player who is destined to be part of those who promised much but gave little.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Dec 30 2010, 07:47

Sandro will take a season to settle in, we will probably see what he is made of next season, but looked promising on some performances. He played a long season for his previous club and moved straight to spurs without a break. we shall see, but i would give him a chance, the scouts must have seen something in him which we havent seen yet, he looks quite big and strong and skillful.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 10:48

pav never got a break and came straight in the team. hes had a long enough break now. surley hes ready to play. if he has to much of a break then he will need to get hes fitness up again.

if he was that good he would be involved more
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Dec 30 2010, 11:31

DJSR wrote:Sandro will take a season to settle in, we will probably see what he is made of next season, but looked promising on some performances. He played a long season for his previous club and moved straight to spurs without a break. we shall see, but i would give him a chance, the scouts must have seen something in him which we havent seen yet, he looks quite big and strong and skillful.

Yep tottally agree, those who say get rid of him need there fcuking head seeing to cos they no fcuk all about footy if thats how they feel, fcuk sakes the bloke has played abit part all season hes new and needs time to bed in wtf do they expect fcuking pele this is spurs not man city lol!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 30 2010, 11:33

Loughtonlegend wrote:pav never got a break and came straight in the team.

Yeah, and Pav didn't actually uprooting any trees in his first spell and had to be rested.

hes had a long enough break now. surley hes ready to play. if he has to much of a break then he will need to get hes fitness up again.

if he was that good he would be involved more

He's young, he has size, strength, mobility and no little skill. There are few out there who can develop this like Redknapp. Sandro was instrumental in his previous side winning the South American version of the CL, he's no mug. All he requires is time to aclimatise to the game and the surroundings.

We're back to that patience thing again Lought.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Thu Dec 30 2010, 11:52

[quote="VisionarySound"][color=orange][b]

O'Hara - after his Cup semi-final comments I don't care if I never see this lad in a Spurs shirt again. He may have had a place in the squad and a job he could he have done but he sullied his reputation with a selfish attitude.
    I agree and go further to say that I was really p***ed off with his comment recently saying that if he does not play regularly he is off. For someone who has been paid and on injury list for 6 months it is really taking the p. So good riddance

Corluka - Thanx for the service Charlie but we have better options in front of you and a ready made right-back ready to come back from loan.
    I think he should stay as he can cover several positions without moaning being on the bench

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Dec 31 2010, 09:48

ionman34 wrote:Bit harsh on Jenas DJ, he lost the ball once in our half trying to be clever but that was the only foot he put wrong. Not long ago I was also stating that he needed to be shipped but I've seen a reinvented player in his last 10 games where I never believed he could string two good games together. I'd most definitely keep him now because it seems the competition, in the middle, is finally bringing out the quality that everyone knew was there, but never thought would be realised.

Dos Santos, I believe, has had opportunities but has not taken them by the throat. We are seeing something at Spurs that has never been there in my lifetime, a squad so strong that you have to show something extra to make it into the first team midfield. If you don't then there are others who will. Just think how the likes of Thudd and Santos are going to have to up their game to get back in. Dos Santos has shown less than Bentley on the right, couldn't get a start on the left if he tried and hasn't a prayer of slotting into the middle. I wanted to see him get a shot up front, as I honestly thought that was his last chance of maintaining a presence at Spurs, but that hasn't happened and never will now I think. So Dos Santos will have to go.

Danny Rose, I think, will simply have to go if he can't remain patient. He has two hopes of getting a regular starting berth on the left ................. Bob Hope and No Hope!

I'd shift Bentley too, replace him with Pienaar, if the stories are true. We'd get around 8 mill for Bentley whilst Pienaar, if the sums are correct, will cost 2 mill.

O'Hara? Surplus to requirements. We have midfielders, ahead of him in the pecking order, who can't get a game at the moment, even with the like of Thudd injured and VDV being out for a bit. Sell him on, the likes of Fulham or the spam would pay good money for a player like him, we'd be able to squeeze either of them for 5-8 mill.

Keane? Lost his edge completely and I think he knows it. With the edge lost the passion goes, closely followed by the game. I think it's a foregone conclusion that he will go to the first team that bids for him.

Now Krancjar I'm a bit more reluctant to see go. I no longer see him as a replacement left sided player, the reasons have already been mentioned by Lought and Lew. He doesn't have sufficient pace to fit into the way we play on the flanks, as with Bentley, and if played there would need to have Benny going beyond him while he covers. I actually see him more as a central midfielder. While not quick he is mobile, can tackle and break up play, and can also pick a pass. Here, though, he is still only my third choice with Thudd and Jenas ahead of him. Unfortunately for Niko, he doesn't even rate thirs as Palacios gets picked ahead of him, although after his mare yesterday he may get pushed further back. I have to be honest though, I'd rather see Palacios go than Krancjar.

And finally Woody. The whole thing balances on his fitness and his ability to remain injury free. The thing is, though, we have three young and gifted Centre Half's who, I believe, can become everything that King and Woodgate are and were. I see Kaboul as the natural successor to King, he just has that air of confidence about him and the all round game that King posesses. IMO he is well on his way to being top class. Dawson is, well, Dawson, an absolute rock who just continues to grow and grow. The bloke was out for weeks after rupturing knee ligaments. Did anyone notice in the last 2 matches? Did he ever look like he'd been away, on crutches, unable to keep match sharp?

Me either. I can't begin to say just what an achievement that is, particularly when you consider who he was at war with yesterday. How many other CH's can boast that they kept Andy Carroll quiet for 90 minutes only 2 games back from an extended lay off?

The there's Bassong. How often have we seen him come into a game, cold and whilst we are under pressure defencively, only to slot in seamlessly and perform excellently? He reads the game well and will only get better.

Basically, I'd rather Woodgate was loaned out to allow the development of these three carry on apace.

I can't really think of any more serious contenders. I'd like to see if we could swoop for Given, if Citeh would ever entertain it, as I think he'd end up first choice. I have far more confidence in Given than Gomez. Given is also a great shot stopper but he very rarely makes mistakes. Cudders would probably go then with Gomez needing to work his socks off to get his place back. Charlie is the other but not yet. Even with Walker back, Charlie can still offer quality cover for the position. We've already seen just how badly we can be hit, in defence, with injuries. As long as he's willing to stay I'd keep him for eventualities.

Sorry chaps, long winded I know, but that's my assessment.

Repped.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 00:06