The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. Empty Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks.

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 03 2011, 01:16

Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks.

Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. Kyle_walker_sj_637
    With
    January coming up, it's not just the sales we should be looking at or
    only Beckham we should be trying to bring in. Kyle Walker has been on
    loan at QPR this season and has really highlighted why we signed him
    from Sheffield United. After finally getting a run of games in a very
    successful season so far, Walker has been one of the brighter assets in
    QPR's very strong team.

Of course, the Championship
    is not the same level as the Premiership although with Hutton leaving
    the Fulham game injured, maybe it could be the chance to give Walker the
    run of games in the side he deserves. He's confident going forward and
    is very strong when pressed back and defending. Walker's due to return
    to Spurs lodge this week as his loan spell at Loftus road is close to
    expiring and Harry should really consider keeping the boy and giving him
    a run in the side.

Although, why interrupt a
    player that's having a run of games and doing well in the side? We could
    give him the rest of the season and give him the chance in the side in
    the summer and possibly for the start of next season. Whatever the staff
    at Tottenham decide to do, we have a very promising player in our ranks
    that's performing consistently week in week out for the Championship's
    top side and the loan spell seems to be doing its' job.

Young, English and playing very well. This isn't a boy we should look to be letting go permanently any time soon.

Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. Empty Re: Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 03:13

Good find Baz. Rep. Yup, time to call this lad back and see what he can do for us . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks. Empty Re: Spurs have a 'new Bale' in their ranks.

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 03 2011, 03:46

Cheers Vis.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 06:17

Cor blimey guv ! errr sir baz! you get repped for mentioning the fantastic kyle walker, he should be our right back at the moment and i have been singing his praises for over a year now and didnt even get a "yeah ok lew " let alone a rep............... lol!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jan 03 2011, 06:49

I Have to go with lought on this one, the lad is only playing championship football " micky mouse" division , so this cant really be taken seriously , im sure he'll get good experience in that Division but hes not ready to step up yet imo
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Jan 03 2011, 21:23

Whats happened to Townsend??? He looked amazing during pre-season, has real pace & skill about him, where's he gone??

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04 2011, 05:34

LOBO wrote:I Have to go with lought on this one, the lad is only playing championship football " micky mouse" division , so this cant really be taken seriously , im sure he'll get good experience in that Division but hes not ready to step up yet imo

lol!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04 2011, 06:25

thanks lobo . people go on about adel saying its only a crap league now they big up walker lol you couldnt make it up. either its a good league or its crap.

for the record i think its a decent league and they can both do a job in the prem.

if your good enough then you old enough

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04 2011, 06:44

Loughtonlegend wrote:thanks lobo . people go on about adel saying its only a crap league now they big up walker lol you couldnt make it up. either its a good league or its crap.

for the record i think its a decent league and they can both do a job in the prem.

if your good enough then you old enough

I think both you and lobo have forgotten the difference between the 2 players , and that is the fact that walker is still a spurs player and has gone there for playing time rather than warm the bench in the hope that hutton or corluka get a knock or gets on in the 88th minute to help play out time.

Taarabt has been sold for a niggardly sum and has found his level in that division and is doing well, walker has a spurs future and wont stay there unless he doesnt progress , and i would ask the question that " would you rather walker loaned out to a fellow premiership competitor" ? or "loaned out to a club in another division whose results dont affect us in any way at all" ?

I have never said its a crap league, only the fact that its a division below the prem, and most prem defenders would eat taarabt for breakfast.

Lought i am pretty certain this is a wind up because ? and answer this please ! "WHY CANT YOU WAIT UNTIL HE BECOMES A PREMIERSHIP PLAYER WITH 20 PREM GAMES UNDER HIS BELT BEFORE DECIDING TO SAY HARRY MADE A MISTAKE"......its strange why you cant do that very thing ?

I have a feeling that walker too could end up like bale, playing on the wing rather than at full back, but lets see what happens before we go off on speculations as you have with taarabt.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 04 2011, 06:53

He may be back sooner than you think Lew. Newcastle are rumoured to be interested in him.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04 2011, 07:18

so adel 21 and walker 20 . so lets wait and see what walker like after 20 games under hes belt. i doubt he wil get that long with us though.

so a guy 1 year older has found hes level. lets hope its not walker level and he dont go in the black hole like so many spurs kids. is bostock still alilve.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jan 04 2011, 08:01

lewspurs wrote:
    I think both you and lobo have forgotten the difference between the 2 players , and that is the fact that walker is still a spurs player and has gone there for playing time rather than warm the bench in the hope that hutton or corluka get a knock or gets on in the 88th minute to help play out time.

Taarabt has been sold for a niggardly sum and has found his level in that division and is doing well, walker has a spurs future and wont stay there unless he doesnt progress , and i would ask the question that " would you rather walker loaned out to a fellow premiership competitor" ? or "loaned out to a club in another division whose results dont affect us in any way at all" ?

I have never said its a crap league, only the fact that its a division below the prem, and most prem defenders would eat taarabt for breakfast.

Lought i am pretty certain this is a wind up because ? and answer this please ! "WHY CANT YOU WAIT UNTIL HE BECOMES A PREMIERSHIP PLAYER WITH 20 PREM GAMES UNDER HIS BELT BEFORE DECIDING TO SAY HARRY MADE A MISTAKE"......its strange why you cant do that very thing ?

I have a feeling that walker too could end up like bale, playing on the wing rather than at full back, but lets see what happens before we go off on speculations as you have with taarabt.

I suppose David Beckham had found his level when he joined LA Galaxy at 32 , you see lew its not about level its about playing football , spurs didn't give Taraabt first team football whereas QPR offered him first team football, he was there on loan and then the laon was made permanat after Taraabt demanded he was sold, you see what your forgetting is Spurs didn't originally have plans to sell him, he was sent there to develope as a player, how can he return to spurs to warm the bench when he had the chance to play all the time, he obviously wanted to play whether it was the DR martins league or the prem, can you blame him, for people to say hes found his level is stating the Obvious ..and next season he will be back in the prem ..

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04 2011, 17:09

This rubbish about taarabt has been doing the rounds on here via lought for ages now ! trying to switch the situation over to walker because he plays in the same league and same club is pathetic and doesnt work at all lobo and lought! lol! are you brothers ?

Where lobo gets all this stuff " demanded to be sold " lol! and i suppose he dictated the pathetic sum of £600,000 rising to a paltrey £1 mill on appearances.further chuckling here boys because here was a big mouth who spoke up and said he should have gone to arsenal or barcelona and there he was being flogged off at £600,000, £1 mill if we are lucky.........listen lads, harry aint a mug when it comes to player values, and definately not the money orientated levy, if taarabt was worth a light harry would have kept him happy and given him games, as he did pav when pave started making noises.

Trust me lads, taarabt is at his level and will stay there, he aint prem quality, whether he comes up with qpr or someone buys him in the prem, he wont impact as he has at his own true level.....and thats the championship.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jan 04 2011, 19:18

lewspurs wrote:This rubbish about taarabt has been doing the rounds on here via lought for ages now ! trying to switch the situation over to walker because he plays in the same league and same club is pathetic and doesnt work at all lobo and lought! lol! are you brothers ?

Where lobo gets all this stuff " demanded to be sold " lol! and i suppose he dictated the pathetic sum of £600,000 rising to a paltrey £1 mill on appearances.further chuckling here boys because here was a big mouth who spoke up and said he should have gone to arsenal or barcelona and there he was being flogged off at £600,000, £1 mill if we are lucky.........listen lads, harry aint a mug when it comes to player values, and definately not the money orientated levy, if taarabt was worth a light harry would have kept him happy and given him games, as he did pav when pave started making noises.

Trust me lads, taarabt is at his level and will stay there, he aint prem quality, whether he comes up with qpr or someone buys him in the prem, he wont impact as he has at his own true level.....and thats the championship.

Lew this is the correct information, you should really use all the facts when posting , this is from wikipedia, and trust me mate i remember Taarabt burning his bridges at the club by going on the record stating his desire to leave, to say he was sold cos he was no good basically is nonfiction lol...as spurs put a 4.5 million price tag on his head. below is taken from wikipedia

Tottenham confirmed in October 2009 that Taarabt could stay at QPR
    for the season providing that a Premier League club did not make a bid
    for him in the January transfer window.[11]
    QPR were unable to make the transfer a permanent one because they could
    not afford the £4.5 million valuation placed on Taarabt by Spurs.[12]

In March 2010, Taarabt was quoted in an interview as being sorry that
    he signed for Tottenham. He had said "The big mistake was to sign for
    Tottenham and not go to another club when I first came over". He stated
    that he wished he had signed for Arsenal instead but had opted for Spurs
    after Damien Comolli moved from being a scout at Arsenal to director of football
    at Spurs. He stated that he felt he would have been given more chances
    to play at Arsenal and was advised at the time not to sign for Spurs by
    his friends Armand Traore and Abou Diaby, who play for Arsenal.[13]

Taarabt went on to state his intention to sign for one of the top
    clubs in Spain "I hope to be playing for one of the top four in Spain
    next season — Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia or Sevilla. I have contact with good teams and I know that they want me. Now I just have to hope they can agree a deal with Tottenham."[13]
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 04 2011, 21:56

Does he play for one of the top teams in Spain? No, he plays in the fizzy pop league. Says it all really.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jan 04 2011, 22:39

David beckham plays in the USA does that make him shight then.. answer NO say it all really

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04 2011, 23:54

lol!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 04:17

[quote="LOBO"]
    lewspurs wrote:This rubbish about taarabt has been doing the rounds on here via lought for ages now ! trying to switch the situation over to walker because he plays in the same league and same club is pathetic and doesnt work at all lobo and lought! lol! are you brothers ?

Trust me lads, taarabt is at his level and will stay there, he aint prem quality, whether he comes up with qpr or someone buys him in the prem, he wont impact as he has at his own true level.....and thats the championship.w this is the correct information, you should really use all the facts when posting , this is from wikipedia, and trust me mate i remember Taarabt burning his bridges at the club by going on the record stating his desire to leave, to say he was sold cos he was no good basically is nonfiction lol...as spurs put a 4.5 million price tag on his head. below is taken from wikipedia

[color=blue]Tottenham confirmed in October 2009 that Taarabt could stay at QPR
    for the season providing that a Premier League club did not make a bid
    for him in the January transfer window.[11]
    QPR were unable to make the transfer a permanent one because they could
    not afford the £4.5 million valuation placed on Taarabt by Spurs.[12]

In March 2010, Taarabt was quoted in an interview as being sorry that
    he signed for Tottenham. He had said "The big mistake was to sign for
    Tottenham and not go to another club when I first came over". He stated
    that he wished he had signed for Arsenal instead but had opted for Spurs
    after Damien Comolli moved from being a scout at Arsenal to director of football
    at Spurs. He stated that he felt he would have been given more chances
    to play at Arsenal and was advised at the time not to sign for Spurs by
    his friends Armand Traore and Abou Diaby, who play for Arsenal.[13]

Taarabt went on to state his intention to sign for one of the top
    clubs in Spain "I hope to be playing for one of the top four in Spain
    next season — Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia or Sevilla. I have contact with good teams and I know that they want me. Now I just have to hope they can agree a deal with Tottenham."[13]

Lobo i dont deny all that stuff reported by wikipedia regarding his transfer fee, what i was saying is that lought has been spouting this off since taarabt left , and whats the point because he has gone, there is nothing to be gained from moaning off every now and again that taarabt is doing this and that for qpr and that he could be doing it for spurs and harry was wrong, and levy was wrong and what happens to youth talent at spurs ? blah blah blah etc etc etc. mad mad mad

Taarabt is doing it at championship level and good for him ! but when i tell lought to wait and see when the lad is back in the prem he still goes on and on.

What it proves is that if taarabt doesnt get his way he will just demand a move wherever he is, his head was turned by a*se players telling him he shouldnt have signed for spurs ! and the mug believed it coming from fcking goons, surely if he is so good as lought says he is then by now he would have been a spurs regular, though who he would have replaced out the present spurs team is debatable........? who would you shift for him lought..come on be truthful now.

It proves also that he would have been trouble for spurs, had he made the first team for spurs this season and had he played a couple of stinkers and harry was forced to drop him he would have cried all the way to the transfer list, he,s that type of bloke who believes what his own ego tells him.

It seems also that the goons played a big part in taarabt forcing a move out from spurs, the same way erikson told campbell years ago that he would be a better player with regular champions league football...look what happened there and the trouble it caused, as it seems campbell might well have taken eriksons advice, and how qualified is that loser........digressing a bit i know but i feel its relevant.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Jan 05 2011, 04:31

Let me chip in my two penneth worth here,,,,,,,,,,,,, I said at the start of the season Walker in my opinion would finish the season as our first choice RB & everybody laughed at me. Walker is an exceptional player that has a big future at Spurs. I also remember Lew championing him too.

As for Taarabt i've said all i want to on that subject & everybody knows my stand point as well. But what you have to remember is anyone can add to Wikipedia so you not always reading spot on facts.

I remember the interview where Adel slated us, said he wished he went to a*se-nal & that Barca & Real wanted him, but as has been pointed out at an asking price of just 1 million he ended up at QPR says all i need to know.

But i do think he can play in the Premiership but not with a top six team he's at his perfect club now to give it a go if they get promoted.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 04:39

lew its you the one keep bringin adel up with your little comments.

baz why aint walker playin for real madrid then.

the facts or adel doing stuff in the league which other players cant do. hes got bags of skill and we could of done with him in some games.

and harry dont always get it right with players. naughton is crap. defoe has hardly been a hit since comming back although he does seem to be injjury prone. selling boatang now hes at ac milan.

lets hope qpr dont come up and he scores the winner aganst us
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jan 05 2011, 05:46

Because he is contracted to Spurs Lought. The difference is Adel said he wanted to play in Spain. Walker hasn't to my knowledge.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 06:05

Walker looks to be very promising. I would like to see what he can do in a Spurs shirt but if 'arry dosen't think he is quite ready to step up to Europe & top 4 contention football then let him stay at QPR and keep learning his trade for the rest of the season to benefit us (Spurs) next season . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 06:45

so because hes a spurs player then its differnt.

i hope walker been recalled because he will get game time at spurs and not because other teams want to buy him.

time will tell
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jan 05 2011, 07:10

lol kyle walker could sold to villa apparently accourding to sky sports villa have made an enquiry for him

another youngster could bite the dust

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 18:14

Loughtonlegend wrote:lew its you the one keep bringin adel up with your little comments.

baz why aint walker playin for real madrid then.

the facts or adel doing stuff in the league which other players cant do. hes got bags of skill and we could of done with him in some games.

and harry dont always get it right with players. naughton is crap. defoe has hardly been a hit since comming back although he does seem to be injjury prone. selling boatang now hes at ac milan.

lets hope qpr dont come up and he scores the winner aganst us

Lought i only talk about taarabt in response to you and now lobo has joined the bandwagon, and thats his and your opinion, my answer is lets see what he does if he gets the chance to play in the prem, i have always said that i would congratulate you on your opinion that taarabt was sold prematurely if he proves you right.

But lets tackle 2 things here and i hope posters respond to this.

1) Who talks about taarabt on here ? who mentions when he scores for qpr ? who every now and again waffles on about how harry was wrong to sell him?

2) For both you and lobo ? if taarabt was in the spurs first team this season whose place would he be taking?

OK...simple enough questions Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05 2024, 16:08