The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Ref for sundays game EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Ref for sundays game EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Ref for sundays game EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Ref for sundays game EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Ref for sundays game EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Ref for sundays game EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Ref for sundays game EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Ref for sundays game EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Ref for sundays game EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Ref for sundays game Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Ref for sundays game

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Ref for sundays game Empty Ref for sundays game

Post by LOBO Fri Jan 14 2011, 20:56

I hope for a good game , more importantly a decent ref, my favourite would be Phil dowd alan wiley, or steve Bennet , all 3 are pretty pretty fair and wont lick fergies ars-e , the worse case senario would be to get Atkinson - Webb - Clattenberg

M.Atkinson 86 yellows and 7 reds.
    Mike Dean 80 and 3.
    Howard Webb 75 and 3.
    A. Marriner 70 and 7.
    Steve Bennett 73 and 3.
    Phil Dowd 69 and 4.
    Alan Wiley 66 and 4.

Ref for sundays game Empty Re: Ref for sundays game

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 03:10

phill was fair when we played the goons but i stil wouldnt trust him aganst man u. i think hes another 1 thats a freind of fergie

i would hope for mike dean or allan wiley
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jan 15 2011, 03:26

Loughtonlegend wrote:phill was fair when we played the goons but i stil wouldnt trust him aganst man u. i think hes another 1 thats a freind of fergie

i would hope for mike dean or allan wiley

anyway we can find out? must of allocated one by now

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 03:29

we got mike dean its just been confirmed
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jan 15 2011, 04:11

Umm, he let Hudds goal at Fulham stand, could have been worse, he even gives pens for shirt pulling in the penalty area

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 05:16

This from April last year,(2010)

The Premier League referee Mike Dean has been demoted to the Championship this weekend, as a punishment for his erratic display in Manchester United's 2-1 defeat by Chelsea at Old Trafford last Saturday.

Simon Beck, an assistant referee in the same match, will join him in the second tier after failing to raise his flag when Didier Drogba was clearly offside for Chelsea's second goal. The pair will take charge of Bristol City's home game against Swansea on Saturday.

After the United vs Chelsea match the two officials were criticised by Sir Alex Ferguson for their "poor, poor performance". United's manager was also unsparing in his match report to the Premier League. However, Professional Game Match Officials Limited decided the mistakes were serious enough to demote Dean and Beck without any interference from Old Trafford.

Beck has not been informed when he will next be involved in a Premier League match and is missing from the list for next week's midweek fixtures. Dean, a member of the elite group of Fifa referees since 2002, will be the fourth official for Wigan Athletic's home game against Portsmouth on Wednesday 14 April.

It follows Dean's failure to award penalties for United, when Yuri Zhirkov tripped Park Ji-sung, and Chelsea, when Gary Neville barged into Nicolas Anelka. The 41-year-old also allowed Federico Macheda's goal to stand, rather than awarding a handball against the teenager.

Dean's appointment for such an important game had come under scrutiny because of his performance in Burnley's 1-0 defeat by Blackburn Rovers the previous weekend.

Brian Laws, the Burnley manager, said Dean had been "conned" into awarding a match-winning penalty when Martin Olsson went to ground despite there being no contact from the goalkeeper, Brian Jensen. Olsson has since admitted that he went into the game aware of Dean's reputation for awarding penalties.

Laws said Dean's subsequent appointment to the biggest match of the Premier League season to date was "mad".

After the loss to Chelsea, Ferguson said: "When I saw it was Mike Dean I did worry, I have to say."

I bet old red nose has him in his pocket by now!

BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jan 15 2011, 06:06

Mike dean , could have been far worse

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 06:24

Max, maybe he has big enough Bollox to say to Ole Red Nose "I'm my own man & your snipes don't bother me" then award us everything just to P*ss him off . . . . .. lmao

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 07:22

Which would be nice!! lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 08 2024, 13:07