The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
see ya EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
see ya EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
see ya EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
see ya EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
see ya EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
see ya EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
see ya EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
see ya EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
see ya EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

see ya Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
LOBO
BazSpur
djfitzo
7 posters

see ya

djfitzo
    International
    International

see ya Empty see ya

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 01 2011, 18:44

Sorry guys, but this forum has gone the way of Aol, ive really enjoyed debating on here, but this transfer window
    has brought out the worst in some posters and I just cant bear reading post after post of how the team I love are crap now and Harry cant do this or that and lets start all over again, just like we used to. I certainly dont want to sit in the crowd again and watch 6-1 home drubbings to Chelsea and consistantly losing to Arsenal.
    I and a few others can see what huge progress we have made and the second we have a little blip, we get the usual crap. So thanks Baz and the other mods for setting up what started out a great forum, but I just cant stand the moaning anymore.

see ya Empty Re: see ya

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01 2011, 18:49

Are you not over reacting ever so slightly??? shock
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 01 2011, 19:13

It's a forum. It's what happens on forums. Everyone has a right to say what they think about our club good or bad. I cannot and will not stop posters from expressing their views on here good or bad. If you don't agree with what someone says then put your point of view against it. This forum as someone else said (Lobo) I think it was, is very lenient. I go on other forums that are far more strict about posts. Overeaction? I think so but it's up to Dave. I don't like the comparison with AOHell. Anyone who went on AOHell knows this is nothing like that.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Feb 01 2011, 19:29

Dave this isnt like Aol

I think you have to sit on the fence when other poster get passionate about things, we all express ourselfs in differant ways, Tottenham Hotspurs is every fans bit on the side , seriously !!we have our families and then comes the club, some fan will treat there bit on the side with love and respect , always saying nice things to her, and showing effection , and then there is those fans that will treat her a little harsly but still loves her all the same , its just a point of view mate , we all love spurs at the end of the day no matter how it comes over, if we hate the manager or certain players thats fine, tell us why you hate the manager or certain players, i thought you were more man than this lol
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Tue Feb 01 2011, 19:37

I know how you feel Dave, but the truth is most people just see it as venting their anger while with freinds. It take us more steady as you go fans to keep the balance right.

For every winge'r there's a positive fan, for every season ticket holder there's a casual once every few years fan and for every nut nut that wants to rip the team apart for dropping a point there's you Dave. We need you mate.

Tell you what though, with me on here that means one of you has a tiny pecker and a low IQ LOL
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Feb 01 2011, 21:47

Suck it up DJ. I've been expecting this, even predicted that we'd get this as soon as we even got a hint of trouble.

For the loud minority, the only time they are happy is when they are whingeing. Well bless the little Cherubs, they're ecstatic right now!

The season ain't over yet and we're within striking distance still. I may not have liked the way the window went for us, but I'm looking at us building over the next few seasons, not over a few weeks.

It'd be a shame if you did the off now, especially as you have so many other like minded posters here with you.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Feb 01 2011, 21:59

Dave have a Green Stick for your line.

I and a few others can see what huge progress we have made and the second we have a little blip, we get the usual crap.That makes a point as to why you should Soldier on! Forums are about views, all valid and not valid depending upon the reader point of view. For a minuet consider this. What if this Forum was just full of like minded posters all agreeing and patting each other on the back and repping for every post. Football as you know is a passionate game and raises all sorts of emotions. With Spurs none more so?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 01 2011, 22:09

For a minuet consider this. What if this Forum was just full of
    like minded posters all agreeing and patting each other on the back and
    repping for every post.

I thought it was like that.
    Wink
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Feb 01 2011, 22:14

As Noel Coward would often say " Rise above it dear boy, rise above it"

ffs it is the same on the Arsenal boards - fair enough every fan has a moan from time to time but there are plenty who are ONLY happy having a moan, who have their whingeing all prepared long before the whistle has blown at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, who after a 5-1 home win are straight on to whine about 'why cant we keep a clean sheet etc'

fcuk em - they are and their opinions not worth tuppence

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Feb 01 2011, 22:17

I hadn't Noticed. lol I will look out for it now you mentioned it.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Feb 01 2011, 22:30

ionman34 wrote:
    Suck it up DJ. I've been expecting this, even predicted that we'd get this as soon as we even got a hint of trouble.

For the loud minority, the only time they are happy is when they are whingeing. Well bless the little Cherubs, they're ecstatic right now!

The season ain't over yet and we're within striking distance still. I may not have liked the way the window went for us, but I'm looking at us building over the next few seasons, not over a few weeks.

It'd be a shame if you did the off now, especially as you have so many other like minded posters here with you.

Thats abit unfair on people that have a different view, i could say that most poster on here have there tongues so far up eachothers ars-e and cant see no wrong and wont slate the club in anyway or form cos they is the better supporter and how dare anyone else disagree CLUB " have another rep" !!

But i don't lol

without people like lought this forum would be called " The everything is so rosie and nice club lets all rep eachother and agree on everything Fourm "

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01 2011, 22:45

Dave stick around, if for nothing else then just to throw the odd one up the moaners. Different opinions are healthy. I don't enjoy the continued beratement of our players when it is undeserved. But at times it is. At the present it is all the fault of our strikers. The same strikers who last season where just fine & dandy. Earlier in the season it was the defenders as we were winning but couldn't keep clean sheets ! I suppose it's the turn of the midfield next (did someone mention VDV LOL ?). How long before Bale comes in for some dissection ? I don't always agree with the moans but I have the choice to ignore it or rail against it. Bit of both from me and it help keeps me on my toes . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 01 2011, 22:50

Disagreement is good and healthy. It's what keeps forums like this one going. Other wise it would be boring and very, very dull.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Feb 01 2011, 23:25

LOBO wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

Thats abit unfair on people that have a different view, i could say that most poster on here have there tongues so far up eachothers ars-e and cant see no wrong and wont slate the club in anyway or form cos they is the better supporter and how dare anyone else disagree CLUB " have another rep" !!

But i don't lol

without people like lought this forum would be called " The everything is so rosie and nice club lets all rep eachother and agree on everything Fourm "

You honestly believe I'm part of that Lobo? I'm one of the most contentious posters on here. FFS, how many tear ups do I get onto on here?

Now I've had blow ups with just about everyone on here, but have remained good friends with the vast majority, Lought being one of those.

Be that as it may, even you cannot deny that Lought rarely, if ever, has anything good to say about Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. He'll big up the odd player, actually he'll big up Pav full stop, but will slate everything within the club from the Chairman to the tea lady, mostly without any provocation whatsoever.

I've seen opposition fans with far more positive comments to make about Spurs than Lought.

Were it just me getting on his case about the negativity then fair play, I'd have to re-examine my standpoint, but it's not is it Lobo?

I like Lought but that doesn't mean I have to accept his 24/7 pessimistic viewpoint where every other team, manager, player, supporter et al is superior to what we have at Spurs. The viewpoint where every mistake, or decision that he doesn't agree with, means that the manager/player/Chairman et al is an idiot and needs to be sacked. The viewpoint that if a player has a drop in form then he needs to be sold rapidly.

Admit it mate, it wears on your patience, your mood and your forebearance. Christ Almighty, were he a Spurs fan (which he is by the way), would be telling Lought to turn it in!

I've found myself agreeing with many things that Lought has to say as well as arguing with him. None of this changes the fact that he really does seem to love to stick the boot in when we're on a downer.

He's not alone either, but that is irrelevant. I've spent years trying to get him to see the positives and, in his defence, he really has tried hard at times to see the positives.

Unfortunately his nature tends towards the half empty. lol!

Now this forum is a ways from being the 'Hippy Love-in' you're alluding to. You seem to think that if a number of posters happen to agree on a point then it makes them a clique, particularly if they take an opposite stance to an individual poster.

Ever thought that maybe these posters are united in their stance because their stance is right?

Sharing a viewpoint doesn't make you a sheep or part of a clique, it just means that you share a viewpoint, nothing more sinister than that.

Nor does taking an lone stand mean that you are right or admirable. Mostly it just means your stubborn and argumentative ........................

But not all the time.

We all take a stand, at one point or another, against the popular consensus. It's when you constantly try to jam that point down everyones throat over and over again that friction is created, particularly when that view is constantly negative or derogatory about te club we all love.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 00:48

Right, now ive had a chance to calm down and take stock, firstly I will apologise to Baz as this is a long way short of being anything like the old Aol and didnt deserve what I said after the hard work setting this up. That doesnt mean to say that I dont get fed up with Loughts constant moaning everyday, when we as a club are in the best postition we have ever been in. I dont subscribe to the rosy in the garden stance that Lobo mentioned and will argue and slate the team when I think they deserve it, the manager too. But we have to be realistic and get behind the team when they have a blip and dont go blaming the manager chairman when we do not bring in players in, as i believe that they have tried hard to get the quality in we need and not spending over the odds for players who are no better then what we have, do we really want to be where Leeds are now?

1.We got outbid by Pool for Suarez, because they were getting a lot of money for Torres
    2.We got outbid by Pool for Carroll, when most people didnt even want to pay the 25 million we bid in the first place.
    3.All the strikers we bid for turned us down or their club refused to sell to us,nothing Harry/Levy could do about that.
    4.Because of the above, disappointment was rife that we bid for Neville and Adams, when all we have are flair players and our only tough tackler Palacios is injured.

We just dont have the benfactors that Chelski and Citeh have and Pool had to sell their prized asset to try and salvage their season with no guarantee that Suarez and a crocked overpriced Geordie will fire them into the top 4, cos what they really needed was a some defenders to stop letting goals in.

Then what about Crouch? ive said all along that i didnt want him at the club, but he did score the goal that got us CL football and scored consistently in Europe, so even if he doesnt play him in the league much, he seems suited to CL football, other then that, if nobody makes an offer for him, then again what can harry/Levy do? and dont be fooled by Harry saying he wouldnt sell him, if someone came in with a decent bid, he would have gone.

Defoe has scored all his career and because of his stop/start season (injuries/ban) we are just gonna give up on him?

Pav, I just dont know, worldbeater one minute, lazy git the next, we just are not party to what Harry sees in training, but it seems like we didnt tout him for a move, so Harry must think he still has something to offer.

One last thing, if you take your best player out of the team, you will struggle, Arsenal are not the same without Fabregas, likewise Chelsea without Lampard, yet we have managed to stay in touch with the top 4 and have a game in hand on sopme around us.

I just dont understand the doom and gloom because we didnt pay over the odds for a striker when we still have the three at the club that got us 4th and CL football + VDV.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 02 2011, 01:39

welcome back by the way

|i think liverpool bidded on suarez way before torres was sold

I think levy is being the cautious one here not arry after watching the

recent video , i think if it were up to arry he would have got suarez

despite what we read in the papprs, i think levy was to over cautious

and left it to late
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 01:43

I think Lobo that they already knew Torres was going, because all weve heard was how skint they was,it was just a case of how much they was going to get for him and no matter how much we bid for Suarez, they knew that would have the dough to top us.
    Arent you glad we didnt pay 35 million for Carroll?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:09

Welcome back Dave and a Rep point for having the bottle to appologize although it wasn't necessary mate but thanks anyway. I know how you felt mate believe me there have been times when I have felt like walking away from this forum but I haven't and the reason I haven't is because I would be lost without it. It's the posters that make forums what they are. The posters on this forum are some of the best I have ever seen. Opinions good or bad are vital to forums like this. You made some good points in the above post. I agree with most of it.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:19

djfitzo wrote:Right, now ive had a chance to calm down and take stock, firstly I will apologise to Baz as this is a long way short of being anything like the old Aol and didnt deserve what I said after the hard work setting this up. That doesnt mean to say that I dont get fed up with Loughts constant moaning everyday, when we as a club are in the best postition we have ever been in. I dont subscribe to the rosy in the garden stance that Lobo mentioned and will argue and slate the team when I think they deserve it, the manager too. But we have to be realistic and get behind the team when they have a blip and dont go blaming the manager chairman when we do not bring in players in, as i believe that they have tried hard to get the quality in we need and not spending over the odds for players who are no better then what we have, do we really want to be where Leeds are now?

1.We got outbid by Pool for Suarez, because they were getting a lot of money for Torres
    2.We got outbid by Pool for Carroll, when most people didnt even want to pay the 25 million we bid in the first place.
    3.All the strikers we bid for turned us down or their club refused to sell to us,nothing Harry/Levy could do about that.
    4.Because of the above, disappointment was rife that we bid for Neville and Adams, when all we have are flair players and our only tough tackler Palacios is injured.

We just dont have the benfactors that Chelski and Citeh have and Pool had to sell their prized asset to try and salvage their season with no guarantee that Suarez and a crocked overpriced Geordie will fire them into the top 4, cos what they really needed was a some defenders to stop letting goals in.

Then what about Crouch? ive said all along that i didnt want him at the club, but he did score the goal that got us CL football and scored consistently in Europe, so even if he doesnt play him in the league much, he seems suited to CL football, other then that, if nobody makes an offer for him, then again what can harry/Levy do? and dont be fooled by Harry saying he wouldnt sell him, if someone came in with a decent bid, he would have gone.

Defoe has scored all his career and because of his stop/start season (injuries/ban) we are just gonna give up on him?

Pav, I just dont know, worldbeater one minute, lazy git the next, we just are not party to what Harry sees in training, but it seems like we didnt tout him for a move, so Harry must think he still has something to offer.

One last thing, if you take your best player out of the team, you will struggle, Arsenal are not the same without Fabregas, likewise Chelsea without Lampard, yet we have managed to stay in touch with the top 4 and have a game in hand on sopme around us.

I just dont understand the doom and gloom because we didnt pay over the odds for a striker when we still have the three at the club that got us 4th and CL football + VDV.

Well, I love you Dave and I want to have your baby's

Glad to have you back mate

Oh, & fully agree with your post (if I'm allowed to?)
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:32

cynicsid wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Right, now ive had a chance to calm down and take stock, firstly I will apologise to Baz as this is a long way short of being anything like the old Aol and didnt deserve what I said after the hard work setting this up. That doesnt mean to say that I dont get fed up with Loughts constant moaning everyday, when we as a club are in the best postition we have ever been in. I dont subscribe to the rosy in the garden stance that Lobo mentioned and will argue and slate the team when I think they deserve it, the manager too. But we have to be realistic and get behind the team when they have a blip and dont go blaming the manager chairman when we do not bring in players in, as i believe that they have tried hard to get the quality in we need and not spending over the odds for players who are no better then what we have, do we really want to be where Leeds are now?

Well, I love you Dave and I want to have your baby's

Glad to have you back mate

Oh, & fully agree with your post (if I'm allowed to?)

Lol, you know thats not possible!!

I just would like Lought or even Lobby to come up with a viable solution to our predicament,rather
    then just say get another strike force in. Been there, done that and it didnt work for years.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:36

djfitzo wrote:I think Lobo that they already knew Torres was going, because all weve heard was how skint they was,it was just a case of how much they was going to get for him and no matter how much we bid for Suarez, they knew that would have the dough to top us.
    Arent you glad we didnt pay 35 million for Carroll?

did you notice in my post abouve i used the phrase " i think " cringes 4 times lol

obviously rubbed of

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:43

and i would like harry to take us to the next stage. we will never have a better chance then now to get in the top 3 but once again we stand still.

suarz was our target we should have sown this up in the 1st week of jan but trying to get beckham.

levy tried to get players on the cheap and it backfired.
    this shows by trying to get charlie adams at the last minute.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:47

so you wanted to leave because people dont agree with you. Well go on other spurs forums and you will see most agree with me on that we have been left standing still. Face it harry not used to a big club we need someone with big balls.

aol used to be really good and it got us all talking and it was only the last year that it got stupid.

like lobo said how boring would this site be if we all agree with everyone..

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:49

And who is this gentleman with 'big balls' Lought who is going to drop everything and manage THFC up to the 'next level' ?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:58

the specal 1. he is having problems at real madrid. the board and him dont see eye to eye. he will be gone.

he wont go back to chelsea. arsenal wont sack wenger man u have fergie.

so its us liverpool man c . i cant wait.

get in a winner. someone who wont put up with players not trying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:20