The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
see ya - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
see ya - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
see ya - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
see ya - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
see ya - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
see ya - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
see ya - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
see ya - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
see ya - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

see ya - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
LOBO
BazSpur
djfitzo
7 posters

see ya

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

see ya - Page 2 Empty Re: see ya

Post by anicoll5 Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:14

So you reckon the bloke who could have the choice of virtually any job in World football, club or country, that is likely to fall open would choose to join a club that has modest resources, is soon to see those resources stretched further by a ground move, and has not put in a serious championship challenge for 25+ years and has not won any serious trophy for two decades.

Hmmmm - well, as they say, its all about opinions

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:17

Loughtonlegend wrote:and i would like harry to take us to the next stage. we will never have a better chance then now to get in the top 3 but once again we stand still.

suarz was our target we should have sown this up in the 1st week of jan but trying to get beckham.

levy tried to get players on the cheap and it backfired.
    this shows by trying to get charlie adams at the last minute.

Lought ive already explained in detail above why in my opinion we ddnt get anyone in, Torres was gone as soon this season began,
    the second Pool got wind of our Suarez deal, they gave the green light for Torres go (no matter what they put in the press) and was always going to outbid us.

So you want us to pay way over the odds and do a Leeds and almost go bankrupt?

What striker was plan b then if we didnt get Suarez? who exactly could we realistically have got?

What do you think bringing in another no.1 striker would have done to the confidence of the strikeforce that
    got us where we are now?

And its not just about disagreeing, you NEVER have anyhing positive to say or come up with any viable options.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:18

Oh Lought and how boring this site would be if we just had moaners like you on it!!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:21

how boring would it be with people who just agree with somone because they dont wana upset them. we offer everton captian 1.5mill lol our 1st offer was even less. how disgracfull to evertone
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:26

Loughtonlegend wrote:how boring would it be with people who just agree with somone because they dont wana upset them. we offer everton captian 1.5mill lol our 1st offer was even less. how disgracfull to evertone

Why do you always sidetrack, our main problem is scoring goals, so come up with a viable option, other then getting into a dutch auction with Pool over Suarez and i will debate it with you, i didnt get upset with you because you talk rubbish sometimes, i got upset with your constant moaning and contributing to the board by copying and pasting other peoples messages and stats, is not the
    same as coming up with your own.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:38

its not bloody rocket science is it. all harry has to do is play hes best finnisher. give pav the same amount of games he gives defoe and the beanpole. hes got 5 league goals. hes our top scorer and also our top scorer in 2010/

drop lennon or play him on the left until bale back. play pav and defoe up front . play vdv on the right or bench him. 442. it works.

and in the games we are strugglin bring on the b plan
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:40

Loughtonlegend wrote:its not bloody rocket science is it. all harry has to do is play hes best finnisher. give pav the same amount of games he gives defoe and the beanpole. hes got 5 league goals. hes our top scorer and also our top scorer in 2010/

drop lennon or play him on the left until bale back. play pav and defoe up front . play vdv on the right or bench him. 442. it works.

and in the games we are strugglin bring on the b plan

So we didnt need to buy anyone afterall, just move everyone about, I wonder if in training harry thought about doing that?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:47

well clearly he hasnt or he would do it. but we know harry has not got the guts to drop vdv.

who drops a player after he scored aganst the champions. thats what harry has done and since then we play 3 lost 2 and drawn 1 and pav not featured in any of them games.

is harry stubborn.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:56

Loughtonlegend wrote:well clearly he hasnt or he would do it. but we know harry has not got the guts to drop vdv.

who drops a player after he scored aganst the champions. thats what harry has done and since then we play 3 lost 2 and drawn 1 and pav not featured in any of them games.

is harry stubborn.

But we just dont see what goes on behind the scenes Lought, look at the bigger picture, three losses in 18 games and the last one was a freak result, Dawson has been rock solid until Sunday, Gomes has hardly anything to do in the last 10 games.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 04:04

i didnt see the game sunday. i organise a 6aside team and play sundays and the game was 5pm kick off. i got to see the last 20minutes though.

we have really dropped of the pace in recent weeks. everybody knows we need a striker. liverpool have strenghtin there team so have chelsea.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 04:06

our 1st offer for phill n was 250k lol how insulting
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 04:09

Loughtonlegend wrote:our 1st offer for phill n was 250k lol how insulting

all paper talk Lought, as for the game, we didnt even get a chance to get into our stride, Dawson just had
    one of those games and the game was over in the first 10 minutes. nothing to do with dropping off,
    but i will say something, we missed Palacios,

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 04:18

Loughtonlegend wrote:and i would like harry to take us to the next stage. we will never have a better chance then now to get in the top 3 but once again we stand still.

suarz was our target we should have sown this up in the 1st week of jan but trying to get beckham.

levy tried to get players on the cheap and it backfired.
    this shows by trying to get charlie adams at the last minute.

Lought isn't it just possible Spurs bid for Suarez was hijacked ? True 'arry baulked at the £18M price tag 1st quoted but then Liverpool end up paying £23M for him. Maybe Ajax (as another Yid club) were playing it cute and holding out for a much better price. Which they got. We bid for Carroll & Liverpool ended up paying £35M for him. The continental clubs tied down the players we bid for with exrended & improved contracts. At least we didn't end up signing a 'Rasiack'. We won't know what happened behind the scenes and in all fairness Adams was also a Liverpool & Villa target . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 04:24

Loughtonlegend wrote:the specal 1. he is having problems at real madrid. the board and him dont see eye to eye. he will be gone.

he wont go back to chelsea. arsenal wont sack wenger man u have fergie.

so its us liverpool man c . i cant wait.

get in a winner. someone who wont put up with players not trying.

Mourhinio with his blend of sucsess mixed with a huge helping of negativity ? PMSL. The Special One. More like The Special Brew. If we can't compete with transfers in the January window how will we tempt Jose to The Lane ? Players not trying ? Time to name & shame Lought. This has about as much chance of happening as Sid & DJ having beautifull, bonny babies together . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 04:25

its true we had a bid of 25ok for everton captian turned down and thenwe up the bid to 1.5mill

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 04:31

The paper I read today said £500K now & £500K later. £1M in total which Moyes was reported as saying was an insult to Eveton. I suppose it all depends which meeja your sourcing as to how you view the transfer window. All speculation at the end of the day . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:16