The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The Kyle Walker problem. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The Kyle Walker problem. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The Kyle Walker problem. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The Kyle Walker problem. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The Kyle Walker problem. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The Kyle Walker problem. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The Kyle Walker problem. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The Kyle Walker problem. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The Kyle Walker problem. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The Kyle Walker problem. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

The Kyle Walker problem.

The Kyle Walker problem. Empty The Kyle Walker problem.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 06 2011, 23:26

Not good enough right now for tottenham but chosen by england and getting rave reviews at aston villa.

Many of you know that i have been saying this lad is the future right back for spurs and i stick by those comments, but there is a problem insomuch as that when he does make the spurs right back slot his , that there is a danger that lennon once again will suffer for service as he has done with hutton this season.

Though different from bale i see him doing a similar job for us on the right, he is definately a match winner bombing forward.

The question is can he work in tandem with lennon ? will he know when to bring the little winger in to do his stuff or go the hutton way and bang over the crosses that are usually cut out by towering centre backs rather than use lennons pace and trickery to get to goal.

This is not a knock hutton post because he has done really well since he has gotten back in the team, he defends better than he did when he first came from rangers and i reckon he is one of the most improved players at spurs this term.

I suppose some will say i am jumping the gun and seeing the worst ! lol! yeah maybe i am, i just hope that when (not if ) walker is our right back regular that we dont once again read threads of lennons lost form, loss of confidence, etc etc...because kyle does bomb forward and him and lennon have to gel for the good of spurs.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

The Kyle Walker problem. Empty Re: The Kyle Walker problem.

Post by cynicsid Sun Feb 06 2011, 23:37

Nothing defends better than creating the fear of attack

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 06:45

Sure it is sid ! until the oppo counter !
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Feb 07 2011, 08:29

lewspurs wrote: Sure it is sid ! until the oppo counter !

For sure, but if he cant attack he will be under all kinds of pressure so will the rest of the team.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 12:49

cynicsid wrote:
    lewspurs wrote: Sure it is sid ! until the oppo counter !

For sure, but if he cant attack he will be under all kinds of pressure so will the rest of the team.

No doubt sid, not saying he shouldnt attack, its knowing when to utilise other players that seems to bypass huttons brain at the moment, its no coincidence that lennon plays better with corluka than he does hutton, and the simple reason is that he sees more of the ball with corluka, while hutton will bomb up and try to deliver a final cross usually cut out by the oppo cbs, lennon will try and play through defenders getting nearer to goal.

I was thinking when walker makes the right back slot will he try to go all the way too, or use what could be a great right sided attack, ie play in tandem with lennon...........?

Lennons too good a player to bypass on the field, too skilful and has proved his worth, i wouldnt want him undermined by a full back who thinks he,s a winger, as hutton seems to do at the moment.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 07 2011, 21:10

Lew, they have to try to work together, better to have two people on the right and left to cross, then only one.

All the successful teams have attacking fullbacks and it doesnt stop the wingers contributing.

Chelsea : Cole/Malouda Boswinga/whoever plays there

Manu : Fabio/Nani Evra/Giggs

Arsenal : Glichy/Arshavin Sagna/Walcott

Funny have those 3 are top 4 year in year out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:16