The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
3 points dropped EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
3 points dropped EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
3 points dropped EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
3 points dropped EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
3 points dropped EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
3 points dropped EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
3 points dropped EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
3 points dropped EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
3 points dropped EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

3 points dropped Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
ionman34
djfitzo
HotspurRoper
BazSpur
LOBO
9 posters

3 points dropped

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

3 points dropped Empty 3 points dropped

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 23 2011, 08:17

I'm writting this 53 mins into the game, commentators just said ' take vdv & bale out the team who have we got that can score, so freaking true , this is embarrassing to watch .. Defoe is costing the team, we struggled when he played the other week and we score in the last min of extra time but i can see them scoring again take Defoe of hes crap

3 points dropped Empty Re: 3 points dropped

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 08:21

Commentators also said when Pavy missed his easy chance that a striker playing in the Premier League should bury them type of chances. Seems like both our strikers are crap . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 23 2011, 08:26

big difference is pav can pass

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 08:29

And miss 2 absolute sitters FFS . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 08:32

Hmmmmmmmmm Defoe can't pass but just sets Moddle up. You moaners make me really wonder . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 23 2011, 08:37

I think it's just one of those games. We have had chances but it's not to be. I have seen loads of games like that over the years.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 08:39

Yup and the anti-fans will have a field day with there bitching & moaning . . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Feb 23 2011, 08:48

carnt remember the last time we dominated a game like this a lose! holy sh*t. Plus side we played really well, Lennon is back Modric is not human, Pienaar looking good, just a shame we had to rely on Bassong at the back due to injuries i really dont like this fella
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 23 2011, 08:57

30 attempts to their 5, calamitous defending (thanks Flamini) and Lought, Super Pav got his start and missed at least 3 sitters and dont even mention his goal, as it was deflected. And again we see the other side to Ekotto, brilliant against Milan and Blackpool not good enough for him to turn up tonight. I just watched the whole match on sopcast and cant believe we did not score, Blackpool used up all their luck in this one game.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:01

Spot on Dave, HOW THE HELL IT TOOK TILL THE 90th MIN FOR THE BALL TO CROSS THE LINE???

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:09

we didnt play that well. it was not like blackpool was hanging on. did the goalie have to make world class saves.

defoe is crap . he dont pass.

pav got hes 6th of the season and if you think that header was a tap in you need your eyes tested. yes he should of scored but he still had defenders and a keeper around him and he couldnt generate power on that header.

pav is our best finnisher FACT
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:12

Bollox Lought i think that little accolade goes to Van Der Vaart! FACT

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:16

striker not attacking midfeilder......

in fact pav was our top striker in the whole of 2010. not bad for a guy that has not had a run of games under harry unlike hes love childs defoe and crouch

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:23

LOBO harry now sayin it wil be a miriacle if we finnish 4th lol
    go back 6 weeks and he sayin we in the title race
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:LOBO harry now sayin it wil be a miriacle if we finnish 4th lol

Shall we sack him then Lought?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:34

Well, I didn't see the game but I did listen to it on the net. According to the commentating team we battered Blackpool and had how many cleared off the line 5-6? Two very good pen shouts turned down. Sounds like we really played well but it was just one of those games. It seems some just love to find the negatives in the positives. Listen, sh*t happens. We lose to Blackpool so what? we move on. It's not over yet. All to play for.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:37

On another day most of those chances would have gone in and we would have battered them 5/6 but heyho. COYS

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:46

nope cause not ion. if anything i thought he picked a team good enough to win tonight although i would of started nico.

have to say i dont remember seeing any clear cut pen appeals turned down
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:54

VisionarySound wrote:Yup and the anti-fans will have a field day with there bitching & moaning . . . . . .
    yea it must be bliss to be the biggest fan in the world & happy as larry when we lose , oh what it is to be Vis lol!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:59

ionman34 wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:LOBO harry now sayin it wil be a miriacle if we finnish 4th lol

dunno ion what do you think ?

Personally lought i think arry is just trying to take the pressure of the team , i think we can still make fourth, but i say this and say this once, our failure in the winter market to buy a class striker may come back to haunt us , because every game that passes we are having to rely more and more on our goals coming from the midfield , our strikers still cant score in the prem and i can't believe im still talking about this issue
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 23 2011, 10:13

LOBO wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Yup and the anti-fans will have a field day with there bitching & moaning . . . . . .
    yea it must be bliss to be the biggest fan in the world & happy as larry when we lose , oh what it is to be Vis lol!

Whose happy to lose Lobo. I don't remember anyone saying they were happy to lose. All anyone is saying is we played well and lost. At least we played well. that's all we can ever ask.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 23 2011, 10:14

Loughtonlegend wrote:nope cause not ion. if anything i thought he picked a team good enough to win tonight although i would of started nico.

have to say i dont remember seeing any clear cut pen appeals turned down

Well, as I say I only listened but the commentators said there were two good shouts for a pen.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Feb 23 2011, 14:11

[quote="LOBO"]
    ionman34 wrote:

dunno ion what do you think ?

I think you have a strange way of spelling your name Lought. lol!

Personally lought i think arry is just trying to take the pressure of the team , i think we can still make fourth,

There's a few more twists and turns yet mate, 3rd is still up for grabs.

but i say this and say this once, our failure in the winter market to buy a class striker may come back to haunt us , because every game that passes we are having to rely more and more on our goals coming from the midfield , our strikers still cant score in the prem and i can't believe im still talking about this issue

Bang on lobo, something we have agreed on for a while now. Not a one of the strikers we have is a 'lead the line' striker. We badly need one if we are to challenge IMO.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 23 2011, 18:15

But according to Lought we have a world class striker in Pav, who in two headers in the six yard box found the keeper on two occaissons and whos shooting was poor, then apparently he set up Defoe numerous times, i counted one that he fired into him and he controlled it well, but blasted over, nothing about the Defoe cross that rolled across the line that Pav arrived 5 minutes late for. Yes, we needed to buy another striker, but there wasnt one available and if your going to count a Geordie thug for 35 million and Suarez who so far for 23 mill has got an underhit shot that the defender should have cleared, then your really desperate.

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Feb 23 2011, 18:29

i wouldnt count us out of 4th place yet, but we've just made it harder for ourselves, it was in our own hands and we've blown the first hurdle, more hurdles to come not just from spurs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:07