The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
3 points dropped - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
3 points dropped - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
3 points dropped - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
3 points dropped - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
3 points dropped - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
3 points dropped - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
3 points dropped - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
3 points dropped - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
3 points dropped - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

3 points dropped - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
ionman34
djfitzo
HotspurRoper
BazSpur
LOBO
9 posters

3 points dropped

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

3 points dropped - Page 2 Empty Re: 3 points dropped

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Feb 23 2011, 18:31

When do we ever do anything easy DJ, lol!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 19:21

LOBO wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Yup and the anti-fans will have a field day with there bitching & moaning . . . . . .
    yea it must be bliss to be the biggest fan in the world & happy as larry when we lose , oh what it is to be Vis lol!

It's fine thanx Lobo. I can hold my head up knowing that I dont cheer in victory but bitch in defeat. Y'know I still cheer in defeat ? Win, draw or lose, I'm not happy with defeat but I won't spend my time blaming one different player at a time. It's a team game after all . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Feb 23 2011, 21:19

[quote="djfitzo"]But according to Lought we have a world class striker in Pav, who in two headers in the six yard box found the keeper on two occaissons and whos shooting was poor, then apparently he set up Defoe numerous times, i counted one that he fired into him and he controlled it well, but blasted over, nothing about the Defoe cross that rolled across the line that Pav arrived 5 minutes late for. Yes, we needed to buy another striker, but there wasnt one available and if your going to count a Geordie thug for 35 million and Suarez who so far for 23 mill has got an underhit shot that the defender should have cleared, then your really desperate.

Wanna clarify who you're talking to there DJ?

If it was me then I'd remind you of the number of strikers, Carroll not included, that I put forward as potential targets. Suarez most definitely was one of them and yes, he hasn't done anything of note just yet, but then neither has Torres for Chelsea and we all know the quality he has.

Suarez, I believe, would have been mustard for us. He plays off the shoulder of the last man and has exquisite timing in his runs. He may well struggle with Pool, particularly if Gerrard is missing, as he is the only player they have with the quality to put the kind of through balls he thrives off through. With us he'd have had Modric, VDV and The Hudd feeding him just for starters.

I think we missed a trick here.

But Carroll I'm not so sure about. Unlike a few on here, I actually like the way he puts himself about. Nothing wrong with that. I also think he'd have scored for fun with the kind of service he'd get from flanks and midfield.

But 35 million?

Mental.

I believe I also suggested Torres pre season as well as Anelka, both proven and I reckon, had we gone about it the right way, we might have snuck Torres in under the radar before Dalglish arrived.

We got priced out of our targets by Liverpool who it seems just wait for us to identify a target then gazzump us. They did the same with Kuyt if memory serves me correctly.

Thank God lol!

Quite simply, and I said it earlier, none of our strikers are good enough to lead a line, they're support strikers. We may have missed out in January but we really can't afford to miss out in the coming closed season.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 23 2011, 21:48

[quote="ionman34"]
    djfitzo wrote:But according to Lought we have a world class striker in Pav, who in two headers in the six yard box found the keeper on two occaissons and whos shooting was poor, then apparently he set up Defoe numerous times, i counted one that he fired into him and he controlled it well, but blasted over, nothing about the Defoe cross that rolled across the line that Pav arrived 5 minutes late for. Yes, we needed to buy another striker, but there wasnt one available and if your going to count a Geordie thug for 35 million and Suarez who so far for 23 mill has got an underhit shot that the defender should have cleared, then your really desperate.

Wanna clarify who you're talking to there DJ?

If it was me then I'd remind you of the number of strikers, Carroll not included, that I put forward as potential targets. Suarez most definitely was one of them and yes, he hasn't done anything of note just yet, but then neither has Torres for Chelsea and we all know the quality he has.

Suarez, I believe, would have been mustard for us. He plays off the shoulder of the last man and has exquisite timing in his runs. He may well struggle with Pool, particularly if Gerrard is missing, as he is the only player they have with the quality to put the kind of through balls he thrives off through. With us he'd have had Modric, VDV and The Hudd feeding him just for starters.

I think we missed a trick here.

But Carroll I'm not so sure about. Unlike a few on here, I actually like the way he puts himself about. Nothing wrong with that. I also think he'd have scored for fun with the kind of service he'd get from flanks and midfield.

But 35 million?

Mental.

I believe I also suggested Torres pre season as well as Anelka, both proven and I reckon, had we gone about it the right way, we might have snuck Torres in under the radar before Dalglish arrived.

We got priced out of our targets by Liverpool who it seems just wait for us to identify a target then gazzump us. They did the same with Kuyt if memory serves me correctly.

Thank God lol!

Quite simply, and I said it earlier, none of our strikers are good enough to lead a line, they're support strikers. We may have missed out in January but we really can't afford to miss out in the coming closed season.

And there you have it Ion, targets, but realistic? like you said with Torres always going, Pool had the resources to outbid us and levy just wont pay over the odds anymore having been caught several times. All the other strikers put forward either wouldnt come or their clubs wouldnt sell, but instead of getting behind Defoe, he constantly gets the brunt from Lought and Lobo, no patience for a striker that has been out for 3 months and just needs a shinner to get going again, like i said his career record is very good and you dont become a bad striker overnight, then we have the enigma that is Pav, Lought and Lobo clammering for his inclusion, then 2 point blank headers and a couple of other reasonably easy chances and its because he aint been playing regular!! But typical, no patience shown, yet we still sit 4th , better off then last season and the moaners still bombard us with the same drivel and no, i dont have blue and white specs on, i call a spade a spade, but because i dont share in the doom and gloom, me and others get accused of just accepting it when we lose, shame they couldnt hear me slating certain players during the 90 minutes of squinting at the computer last night and how gutted i felt after a game we dominated and had enough chances to win 3 games and leets not forget sometimes teams get lucky and Blackpool had all theres in one game last night.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 02:42

when has he been out for 3 months. had had the run in last season and didnt score. he had this season and he did get a little injury when he was told to rest for 2 weeks but decided to play for england in a friendly.

hes stil played 29 games for us.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 02:45

ion suarez is gettin rave reviews from liverpool fans. ok hes not scored yet but is looking good. we could of got him if we acted quicker.

andy carrol i would of like him aswell. ilike the way he ussses hes strengh and he would score goals in our team and 35 is not bad considring torres is 50mill
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Feb 24 2011, 02:52

Loughtonlegend wrote:ion suarez is gettin rave reviews from liverpool fans. ok hes not scored yet but is looking good. we could of got him if we acted quicker.

andy carrol i would of like him aswell. ilike the way he ussses hes strengh and he would score goals in our team and 35 is not bad considring torres is 50mill

Carroll wouldve been good even for £35 million had we just sold a player for £50 million but we hadnt so we shouldnt lay out that sort of money for a player ...There were plenty of cheaper options to freshen our attack but I think Harry was confident we had the players to score the goals .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 02:52

Loughtonlegend wrote:ion suarez is gettin rave reviews from liverpool fans. ok hes not scored yet but is looking good. we could of got him if we acted quicker.

so whats the point of that? VDV gets rave reviews and scores, if you pay 23 million for someone, you only want rave reviews on their scoring ability

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 02:55

Carroll hasn't started a game for Liverpool yet. Big lay-out for a crock . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Feb 24 2011, 02:59

VisionarySound wrote:Carroll hasn't started a game for Liverpool yet. Big lay-out for a crock . . . .

Theres that too ,,, Vis cyclops

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 04:12

give him chance to get used to hes team mates unlike defoe 29 games and knows what the prem is about

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 07:24

What Lought ? Being crocked is giving a player chance to bed in ? The only bed's Carroll knows are the physio's and some wannabe page 3 slappers ! £35M was far too much to pay for an untested forward. Suarez ? - started the bidding at £13M, then £18M, ended up at £23M. Big bucks for a cannibal. Bottom line is we are stuck (for wont of a better word) with what we have, all the rest is if's, but's & maybe's . .. . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 07:40

i wasnt talkng about carrol.

how is 23million to much for suarez.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 09:08

i wasnt talkng about carrol.

how is 23million to much for suarez.

But you were Lought. You posted the above. I've said it before and will say it again. We have what we have left for the rest of the season. The rest is just if's, buts & maybes. Let's hope our strikers refind their form. As for Suarez, well for me the jury is still out on him but as an avid Ajax watcher I did big him up after the World Cup then went off him after watching him bite players. We will see just what he has to offer . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Feb 24 2011, 10:06

Vis Wrote
    But you were Lought. You posted the above.

Are some of you, telling porkies about your ages?

As a neutral poster with no rep buddies to upset, I must say that I am shocked a the petty bickering and lack of tolerance for the views of others / one another.

Vis, I'm marking you out for this one. As a poster on here, i expect the Moderators to moderate not, only other posters, but, themselves also. Vis you used the " if your not part of the solution you must be part of the problem, line, on a previous post. You would do well, to put it to use and not get dragged down in to the views / opinions of others that are not inline with your own. I would like to the rhetoric taken down.. Over the last few weeks we have had posters wanting to leave and some driffting away. Very sad.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 18:57

cstmrsking wrote:Vis Wrote

As a neutral poster with no rep buddies to upset, I must say that I am shocked a the petty bickering and lack of tolerance for the views of others / one another.

Vis, I'm marking you out for this one. As a poster on here, i expect the Moderators to moderate not, only other posters, but, themselves also. Vis you used the " if your not part of the solution you must be part of the problem, line, on a previous post. You would do well, to put it to use and not get dragged down in to the views / opinions of others that are not inline with your own. I would like to the rhetoric taken down.. Over the last few weeks we have had posters wanting to leave and some driffting away. Very sad.

So are you saying Kingy that I'm not allowed my opinions ? I have to accept the opinions of others and not put forward my own ? OK fine, from now on when someone posts what I feel to be nothing but unbalanced negativity I just have to accept that ? As a mod I am not allowed my input to debate ? The part of the solution quote was part of a larger generalisation about negativity my friend. I don't think I have resorted to anything personal or a level that is unacceptable. If I have I would ask posters to point this out to me and I would step down as a Mod immeadiately. But I do feel that I am allowed to reply to posters who opinions change & also those that differ from mine. . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 19:18

Kingy, we have gone over this many times, debate is healthy, thats what this forum is for and everybody is entitled to their opinion, Lought says that him and Lobo only post what other people are thinking, I disagree with that in that most posters say what they have to say and leave it at that. Opinions are a two way street, so if I or Vis or anyone else feels that the constant digging out and moaning of Spurs players and the management is detrimental to this board, we are entitled to say so too.

That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Fri Feb 25 2011, 02:26

Course you're entitled to your opinion Vis, what's being attempted to be pointed out are two things... (1) don't let your opinion influence what needs to be 'modded' and what doesn't, (2) when you have your mod hat on, don't be condescending.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 25 2011, 03:34

Everyone has an opinion whether Mod or not. I will have my opinion and if anyone don't like it ............tough. I don't think it's about being condescending with a Mod hat on at all. the problem is we are always wearing out Mod hats, it's part and parcel of what we do. I don't take mine off to make a post on here.
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Fri Feb 25 2011, 06:44

This thread is far enough off topic already Baz for me to reply.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 25 2011, 06:55

LOBO wrote:I'm writting this 53 mins into the game, commentators just said ' take vdv & bale out the team who have we got that can score, so freaking true , this is embarrassing to watch .. Defoe is costing the team, we struggled when he played the other week and we score in the last min of extra time but i can see them scoring again take Defoe of hes crap

Original post.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Feb 25 2011, 09:18

VisionarySound wrote:
    cstmrsking wrote:Vis Wrote

So are you saying Kingy that I'm not allowed my opinions ?

NO!, there is nothing in my post that says you cant have an opinion,is there?

I have to accept the opinions of others and not put forward my own ?

NO! there is nothing in my post that says that you cant put your own, views forward is there?

OK fine, from now on when someone posts what I feel to be nothing but unbalanced negativity I just have to accept that ?

NO! Please continue to be the forums counter balance. But remeber, what you think is, unbalanced negativity. Is just another posters view, thats all no harm ment.Its just sounding off just letting off steam. I might be wrong, but i dont think, Arry or Defoe are reading this board, so they wont get offended.Its a bit like shouting at the TV when ones Team misses a sitter.

As a mod I am not allowed my input to debate ?

[b]Where do i say that? Input to a debate, yes. Condescending, Aggresive, Goading. No. As a poster i expect friendly Mods. Your a Mod not a Rocker.

The part of the solution quote was part of a larger generalisation about negativity my friend.

My friend, lets not get away from the fact that this is included in the "Generalisation".
    Its a bit like they say to reporters. Report the story, dont become the story.
    Who moderates the moderators. Themselves.
    I don't think I have resorted to anything personal or a level that is unacceptable.

No, you have not been "personal" But reading some of the post on here from the 3-1 lose to
    Blackpool. Your usual friendly Bedside manor appeared to have gone walk about

If I have I would ask posters to point this out to me and I would step down as a Mod immeadiately.

Vis, this aint election year, and you are the Deputy PM so no need to step down. the coalition is Ok. So please, not so DRAMatic. "step down"But I do feel that I am allowed to reply to posters who opinions change & also those that differ from mine. . . . .

Who said you shouldn't? You are Allowed, because i will allow it. This is a fairly small forum, that have stuck together, despite in my view it feeling a bit cliqy at times. It is important that we are all listend to. For the small amount of post and posters that post perhaps a neg view from time to time, such a large amount of time and energy goes into argueing. to the point , where football and spurs get lost in it all.

Moderation in all things.
    [/b]

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25 2011, 18:52

Very fair points Kingy . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Feb 25 2011, 19:38

Ok, enjoy the rest of your day. Have a good weekend.

Kingy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:35