The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Crying out for Crouch EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Crying out for Crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Crying out for Crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Crying out for Crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Crying out for Crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Crying out for Crouch EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Crying out for Crouch EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Crying out for Crouch EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Crying out for Crouch EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Crying out for Crouch Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
SuneJim
djfitzo
cstmrsking
LOBO
8 posters

Crying out for Crouch

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Crying out for Crouch Empty Crying out for Crouch

Post by LOBO Mon Mar 21 2011, 20:42

I was going to keep silent until the end of the season so i could burst in and say i told you so but none of us really know what will happen and i promise i wont mention Saurez's name to Dj as im not in the habbit of saying i told you so lol!

Ok joking aside afro

Saturday's game and the result was dissapointing and most of us predicted we would spank wetspam, but you have to give them credit they defended brilliantly and it was up to us to take the game to them, the only beef i have is with the substitutions, im not a great fan of crouch but this game was crying out for him and i was surprised arry chose not to use him "the another option" approch that he always rattles on about, we tried everything to break wetspam down, defoe should have scored but again credit to green he had the game of his life imo and he made all the difference.

getting back to crouch was he injured? im not sure if he was but after 70 mins of throwing the kitchen sink at the spam im sitting there thinking when all else fails lets get crouchie on and dink some long balls into the box and see how they deal with that, pav i love but i thought he was the wrong option for that game , ok maybe take defoe off and use pav & crouch, but i was surprised arry didnt use that option i think when you run at a team and try to play through them it dont always work wetspam wasnt giving anything away , i just feel arry made a mistake , but all in all we cant complain wetspam had there chances to , but i still think we should have got saurez ...dohh dam i said i wasnt gonna say that lol!
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Crying out for Crouch Empty Re: Crying out for Crouch

Post by cstmrsking Mon Mar 21 2011, 20:49

Morning Los and welcome back.

Crouch was probably on Paternity leave. lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 21 2011, 21:59

was going to keep silent until the end of the season so i could burst in and say i told you so but none of us really know what will happen and i promise i wont mention Saurez's name to Dj as im not in the habbit of saying i told you so

Say what you like Lobo, until Pool got their money for Torres, they wernt even in the running for Suarez, but thats the Spurs way isnt it, throw money at it and it will work and tell me what? that Suarez for 26 million pound couldnt score against West ham (bottom of the league at the time) has got one deflected goal and one good goal, hardly proflific. Bet you and Lought cant wait to see if Pool finish above us and then you can come on here and say i told you, some supporters you two are.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 02:03

LOL our midfeild is better then liverpool so he would get more chances

torres has not scored yet neither has carrol. so your telling me these players wouldnt score in our set up.

suarez looks a great player but again we try to get him on the cheap.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 02:05

i thought when pav came on we started to play well again.

i thought crouch should of come on perhaps for defoe. when a player misses as many as he did then you relise its not your day.

i thought hutton was the wrong sub and vdv should of come off earlyer.

kranker would of been a good option for bale
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 22 2011, 02:15

Lought, Charlie was having a shocker, my only surprise was that he didnt take him off for Hutton at half time. As for Defoe, perhaps he shouldt wear a tshirt underneath for his 100 goals, put far too much pressure on himself and I agree he should have had a couple of goals.

Im not saying Suarez would not have been a good signing, we had him in the bag and last minute Pool knew they was getting money for Torres and outbid us, nothing we could have done Lought.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Mar 22 2011, 02:51

djfitzo wrote: was going to keep silent until the end of the season so i could burst in and say i told you so but none of us really know what will happen and i promise i wont mention Saurez's name to Dj as im not in the habbit of saying i told you so

Say what you like Lobo, until Pool got their money for Torres, they wernt even in the running for Suarez, but thats the Spurs way isnt it, throw money at it and it will work and tell me what? that Suarez for 26 million pound couldnt score against West ham (bottom of the league at the time) has got one deflected goal and one good goal, hardly proflific. Bet you and Lought cant wait to see if Pool finish above us and then you can come on here and say i told you, some supporters you two are.

lol that is priceless, how many games has he played for liverpool 3 or 4 games in the league and has scored 2 thats a good return imo and proof he is good enough for the prem and money well spent seeing it notmally takes time for a player to settle in , im sure Dalglish would agree don't you old bean Basketball

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 02:57

we was after him way before liverpool was. but we left it later and later.

on what basis was charlie having a bad game.
    because he had a spell in the 1st half where hes passing was awfull.

yet defensivley he was great. so he did hes job and defoe didnt yet charlie u rekon was our worst player.

blackpool and wolves we let in 6 goals and today our defence keeps west ham at bay and you pick on our defence.

pricless
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 22 2011, 03:49

Are you two the same persons?

Whats pricesless is you two whingers coming on here moaning all the time, Suarez has played more then 4 times and no matter what he does, we didnt sign him because Liverpool was able to offer more money for him, do you honestly think that when it was public knowledge he was for sale, his agent wasnt hawking him round every top club in Europe? what makes you think that we didnt try to buy him,
    we have done all the spending a fortune on a player and time will only tell if he will be a consistent performer in the prem, its all a bit new and once defender get to grips with him, he wont look as good as he does now, spose you two think we should have outbid Pool and paid 40 million for Carroll, jeeeez.

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Mar 22 2011, 04:09

Suarez,,, looks like a decent player but he's not worth the money paid for him, give him a season of getting clattered & we'll see what they've brought. He's not going to be a top prem striker & we're only looking at him because Defoe & Pavlyuchenko haven't exactly been prolific this season.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 22 2011, 04:21

SuneJim wrote:Suarez,,, looks like a decent player but he's not worth the money paid for him, give him a season of getting clattered & we'll see what they've brought. He's not going to be a top prem striker & we're only looking at him because Defoe & Pavlyuchenko haven't exactly been prolific this season.

Jim, dont know about you, but im guessing we have both seen serious drubbings over the years, namely Chelski's regular 6-0s or 6-1's at out place, we are so close at the mom and Lought and Lobo, instead of getting behind our players, rip into them at every opportunity, even Lennon now and as for i told you so's, lets see what Taraabt does next season in the prem and what Suarez may do in a Pool team that probably wont be in Europe, Lobo, why do you think Suarez went to a team in the Europa league and not much chance of any European football next season, let alone Champions League? Money, he was always holding out for a better deal, yet you a Lought thinks that we could have signed him, if my auntie had bollox.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 06:26

we was looking at him even before kenny went to liverpool. we could of got him then left it really late then in the last week of the transfer week liverpool put a bid in and get him.

harry had loads of time to get a striker in but he was to intrested in getting beckham here.

i dont think harry was keen on him or we would of got him earlyer.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 06:33

Loughtonlegend wrote:we was looking at him even before kenny went to liverpool. we could of got him then left it really late then in the last week of the transfer week liverpool put a bid in and get him.

harry had loads of time to get a striker in but he was to intrested in getting beckham here.

i dont think harry was keen on him or we would of got him earlyer.

Liverpool reportedbly are going after another spurs target in charlie adam lought ! we had man city doing it to us over the last 2 seasons and now liverpool, but if harry had wanted suarez i think he would have done so , he didnt want him and thats the end of it, no good dwelling on what might have been lought !

I am glad we didnt sign gareth barry or craig bellamy, i think harry wanted them but in hindsight i think we breathe a sigh of relief, and i think we will with suarez too.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 06:37

exactley lew. if harry wanted him we would of got him sooner but i dont think harry really new who he wanted.

im glad we didnt get barry. hes so overated

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 06:42

Loughtonlegend wrote:exactley lew. if harry wanted him we would of got him sooner but i dont think harry really new who he wanted.

im glad we didnt get barry. hes so overated

From the evidence , when you look back to the last day of the transfer window i actually think that carroll was the main target and once that had gone out the ...."wait for it" transfer window, harry and levy half heartedly tried to appease the fans by signing charlie adam, i dont know lought but he definately didnt want suarez.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 22 2011, 06:43

Spot on about Carroll Lew.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 06:47

I would have liked to have seen carroll at spurs but it wasnt to be, maybe baz a lot of effort went into signing him and it was too late to turn attentions and get things moving for another player.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 06:52

yea i wouldnt mind andy carrol. people moan about 35 mill but by the time we sold some dead wood it would end up peanuts

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 07:03

One thing i did hear lought was that carroll wanted to stay up north, if that was the case and i honestly dont know then it would have been a battle to get him at £35 mill, we might have had to bidded higher.

But we had been after him for a long time, a lot of effort went into signing him with newcastle waiting for a bid they couldnt refuse.

As i said liverpool are latching onto our targets the way city did a couple of seasons back.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Mar 22 2011, 07:37

It does annoy me DJ it's why i've not been on here to often,,,,,,,,, we've made such great strides in the right direction from what i've seen in the last 20 years that it breaks my heart to see people whinging about the slightest setback or unwanted result.

Yes our last 3 results have been disappointing in the league. But i'd be more fed up if we weren't making any chances or not playing good football. But we are so the wins will follow.

Everyone has a right to an opinion as i always say,,, but some don't even seen like the reactions of Spurs Supporters, Spurs Fans yes, but little or no bloody support that's for sure.

I still think our squad is better than Citeh's & they will implode leaving us 4th & that will do for me this season & if we could pull off a win against Real what an added bonus. But from what i read on here you'd think we where still in the dark days of not being safe till a few weeks before the season ends & getting dumped out of cups by the likes of Grimsby, no Europa League that alone the GREAT CL Adventure we're having at the moment.

I consider it an extreme honour to be witnessing what i'm seeing at the moment & i know we can only get better so give the Team, Harry, Us & Yourselves a break & enjoy what's happening at our Fantastic Club!!!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 07:39

We have 3 strikers at the club at the moment. Pavy, Defoe & Crouchinio. None of them scoring for fun, hey ho. All these if's,but's and maybe's won't change a thing. This is what we are left with to win us 4th place. It also seems that the goals from midfield have dried up of late.
    Suarez, couple of goals. D'Zeko not much yet; same as Carroll. Torres nothing. So who should we have gone for guys ? Drogba wouldn't have been a bad move. Also the Dutch lad from Bolton. If's, but's and maybe's yet again.
    Whatever happened in the transfer window happened. Nothing will change that now. We have 3 mis-firing strikers and thats what the odd's are for Spurs. So rather than criticising how about we get behind them, whatever their faults, and enjoy the roller-coaster just as we did last season when expectations weren't so high . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 22 2011, 08:24

SuneJim wrote:It does annoy me DJ it's why i've not been on here to often,,,,,,,,, we've made such great strides in the right direction from what i've seen in the last 20 years that it breaks my heart to see people whinging about the slightest setback or unwanted result.

Yes our last 3 results have been disappointing in the league. But i'd be more fed up if we weren't making any chances or not playing good football. But we are so the wins will follow.

Everyone has a right to an opinion as i always say,,, but some don't even seen like the reactions of Spurs Supporters, Spurs Fans yes, but little or no bloody support that's for sure.

I still think our squad is better than Citeh's & they will implode leaving us 4th & that will do for me this season & if we could pull off a win against Real what an added bonus. But from what i read on here you'd think we where still in the dark days of not being safe till a few weeks before the season ends & getting dumped out of cups by the likes of Grimsby, no Europa League that alone the GREAT CL Adventure we're having at the moment.

I consider it an extreme honour to be witnessing what i'm seeing at the moment & i know we can only get better so give the Team, Harry, Us & Yourselves a break & enjoy what's happening at our Fantastic Club!!!

Jim I'm past all that where I get annoyed by opinions of other Spurs supporters on messageboards ..Okay there are times when the broken record ones can get mind numbing and Im sure Ive been guilty of one or two myself but its just the dissapointment of seeing a talented team perform well in all areas of the pitch except for putting the ball in the opposition net ...

Whatever happens in the CL from here on in , I think the vast majority of Spurs fans will accept anything that awaits us and say a big well done to all the players ....

Its in the league where we have let ourselves down against the lower league sides ( yet again) where most of the angst arises ... Myself like yourself , I put it down to in the main, to poor finishing... For all our heroics last season to get us to fourth it was abundantly clear for all to see our striking options needed rectifiying for this season ...Some chose not to, prefering to show faith in what we already had and we're now seeing what many of us feared , 19 goals scored at home , less than the boring defensive Mancini at Man City and 5 fewer goals scored than Wolves who currently sit third from bottom in the league ... Sorry if Im coming across as a moaning fan but we're just chatting about our team and thats what we're here for ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 22 2011, 08:44

Funny that Arnie. My Daughter and I were just talking on the phone and we were saying exactly the same thing. We all knew last Summer our strike force needed adjusting yet here we are with the same mis-firing players. Yes on his day Defoe can be sublime and I really have no problem with him per se but he needs the help of a prolific striker. Defoe is not a prolific goal scorer. Pav is not a prolific goal scorer and Crouch certainly isn't and yet here we are with the same non prolific strikers we have had for 2-3 seasons. Not since Keane and Berbatoss have we had a partnership up front that can get hatfuls of goals.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 08:45

vdv the problem. if hes fit he starts then we go 451. its ok away from home or in champions league but not aganst west ham.

our last game was wolves and both our strikers scored and yet pav gets dropped again.

pav 2 games 2 goals and gets dropped just because vdv fit.

we had bettter league form last season and scored more goals

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 08:47

well baz from your replys to other posters on here latey it comes across that your happy with defoe and the way the team are doing in the league

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content