The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harrys buys EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harrys buys EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harrys buys EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harrys buys EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harrys buys EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harrys buys EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harrys buys EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harrys buys EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harrys buys EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harrys buys Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

harrys buys

harrys buys Empty harrys buys

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03 2011, 12:36

Imagine if we had kept Darren Bent. At the time, i thought it was completely wrong to sell Bent and keep Defoe. Bent never has 12 month spells with out scoring. Also hes quite good at comtrolling, passing, shooting and heading. None of which Defoe can do.

When you think about it, Redknapp is terrible at signing players. PLayers he has signed: Defoe, Keane, Palacios, Crouch and Krancjar. All of these players have had terrible seasons. The best players this season: Modric, Ekotto, Dawson, Gallas, Lennon, Bale and Gomes. Most have been Commoli signings bar Gallas. Im really missing Commolli. He was so gung ho and self assured when it comes to signings. Redknapps "Im not sure if we're after him/have bid for him" waffle is infuriating. He said it again yesterday about Wickham. "I dont know if we've bid for him". WTF? Why does he keep saying this? As if he has no choice over who the club signs?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

harrys buys Empty Re: harrys buys

Post by LOBO Sun Apr 03 2011, 20:35

Loughtonlegend wrote:Imagine if we had kept Darren Bent. At the time, i thought it was completely wrong to sell Bent and keep Defoe. Bent never has 12 month spells with out scoring. Also hes quite good at comtrolling, passing, shooting and heading. None of which Defoe can do.

When you think about it, Redknapp is terrible at signing players. PLayers he has signed: Defoe, Keane, Palacios, Crouch and Krancjar. All of these players have had terrible seasons. The best players this season: Modric, Ekotto, Dawson, Gallas, Lennon, Bale and Gomes. Most have been Commoli signings bar Gallas. Im really missing Commolli. He was so gung ho and self assured when it comes to signings. Redknapps "Im not sure if we're after him/have bid for him" waffle is infuriating. He said it again yesterday about Wickham. "I dont know if we've bid for him". WTF? Why does he keep saying this? As if he has no choice over who the club signs?

I think from what ive read in the past that Levy does most of the buying nowadays since commoli departed for liverpool , i agree with you to a degree that harry does stutter alot when it comes to buying new players , but that just might be a front for the media , even though it does come across as though hes a little niave , even though we still aint scoring amazingly we are still in with a shout for 4th

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:04