The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Didier & Dimitar ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Didier & Dimitar ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Didier & Dimitar ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Didier & Dimitar ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Didier & Dimitar ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Didier & Dimitar ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Didier & Dimitar ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Didier & Dimitar ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Didier & Dimitar ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Didier & Dimitar ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
HotspurRoper
BazSpur
LOBO
ArnieArdiles
8 posters

Didier & Dimitar ?

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Didier & Dimitar ? Empty Didier & Dimitar ?

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:14

That's Drogba and the Berba...

Would we like , if we could ?

Drog for 10 million and likewise for Berba ...

So says the Telegraph:

As he approaches the final year of his contract this summer, Berbatov’s ‘book value’ at United will be no more than £7.5m.

Due to amortisation of contracts and depreciation of assets (i.e players), most clubs divide the transfer fee of a player over the duration of their contract and reduce his value accordingly with each passing season.

Last summer, Berbatov was valued at £15m by United. This summer, the figure will be halved due to the final quarter outstanding on his contract.

20 million outlay to be part financed with selling Keane and one of the other strikers ( my choice Crouch )...

Get them two in and perhaps a big signing if we shift another forward someone like Sturridge or Anderlecht's Lukaku...?

[i]
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Didier & Dimitar ? Empty Re: Didier & Dimitar ?

Post by LOBO Mon Apr 25 2011, 20:24

Has to be a joke seriously
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 25 2011, 20:26

Fraid not Lobo. It's a rumour that is gaining ground.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 21:14

Man utd might have the flaming cheek to offer dimi as a makeweight in a deal for bale.

I will go fcking mad if ferguson fcks our team up again.

Chelsea might pursue the same goal with bale a target, drogba might be an option but not at the expense of bale.

They were right to dump cole, they might be doing the right thing too with drog ?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 23:02

I'd have both with possibly Wickham from Ipswich, a couple of seasons for him to bed-in to the higher level. A season or maybe 2 out of 2 proven goalscorers at the highest level. As Arnie said maybe thank Crouchinio and send him on his way. These 2 would get you 30 goals between them in a season, throw in Pavy & Defoe to alter front-lines continuosly and someone like Wickham to gain experience and we would get the goals we have been missing this season & a young player who would benefit enormously for the future . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Apr 25 2011, 23:34

Hold on a minute guys

It's all very well saying you would want these guys, but we have to remember this is THFC who have for the past several season done nothing but drag there heel's in the Transfer market , any deals will not be done until the last minute of the window , because we just don't as a club understand the Transfer market, we have lost commolli who has already identified several top young talents that liverpool are keen to sign, yet here we are again being linked to ever old player going and as fan this worries me deeply , drogba 34 berbatov 31 , parker 34 , neville 34 your aving a laugh arry , i say this and i say this every window don't expect any quick signings , it will be a last minute rush deal or summit or were end leaving us selfs short up front again all because were to tight to buy top class players so we alway go for the second option, same old levy , great with money , but has no undertanding of transfers.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 01:49

i would love drogbra at spurs but for 10 mill for 34 year old lol

berbatov yes please. hes the top scorer and yet hes not featued in loads of man u games.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 02:33

£10M for Drogba is a bargain when you compare it to £35M for Carroll . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 03:09

why is it. carrol wil be great. suarz even better. whats 20 30 mill these days.

fact if we got them 2 we would have more points and b sittting 2nd now.

andy carrol and suarz for 50 mill and they swapped him for torres.

when you think of the players harry wants al the old players then re buyin defoe and crouch back lol

kennys done more in hes 1st trasfer window then harry done in 4 at spurs
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Apr 26 2011, 04:04

VisionarySound wrote:£10M for Drogba is a bargain when you compare it to £35M for Carroll . . . .

yea it would be a bargin, but for how long, 3 season ? carroll would last another 10 aleast and could be sold on at a profit , drogba i like he defends and is a brilliant team player , cant see it though, he will end up at inter or Ac they like old player

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 04:29

but i would love drogbra here.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 06:40

Lobo I relly don't see Carroll having another 10 seasons at the very top & he most deffo would not be worth more than £35M (real terms) in 10 years time. Maybe 2 seasons for a Drogba type player. We got mugged by the Scousers in January thanks to Torres money. Thats what happens. I would certainly look at a Drogba type (proven at the highest levels) for a couple of seasons while bringing younger players on . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 26 2011, 07:04

Drogba is not 34 till next March and Im sure hes got two PL seasons in his tank .... He could play that lone striker role ahead of VDV or in a three up top with fast players like Bale and Lennon either side of him ...

It seems good sense to me that if we buy Drogba, I'd like us to also buy the young Anderlecht forward Lukaku who is billed as the new Drogba .

[url=Spurs Ready £30m Deal for Goalscoring Wonderkid ]Spurs Ready £30m Deal for Goalscoring Wonderkid [/url]
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Apr 26 2011, 17:10

Yeah i wouldnt mind The Drog at the Lane knows where the bak of the net is and im with Vis, we need to get the kid Wickham in he is going to be top draw!!
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Apr 26 2011, 19:21

It seems to me that Harry is scared of taking anyone without premiership experience and thats why these names keep being linked to Spurs. It's also why Wickham will go somewhere other than WHL methinks Liverpool.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Apr 28 2011, 21:17

I said in the transfer window in January that Wickham and Chamberlain were our future and could even play a big part now. But again we seem to be taking a long time in making our mind up and they will probably go else where. Although I read somewhere that Spurs are prepared to let Wickham stay at Ipswich for another year and to also loan out 2 or 3 of our players to them like Townsend, Livermore etc.That is something if true but I would rather he gained his experience with us if we bought him.

As for Drogba and Berbatov coming to us forget it. Drogba's best has gone and 10mil for a 34 year old is ridiculous, it would be just another stop gap and not building for the future. As for Berbatov he will probably go abroad as I don't see him wanting to try another Premier side and I'm not sure he's what we are looking for with his sulks and moods.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28 2011, 22:38

all this stuff about players are to young and need to be loaned out is stupid. look at lennon he was here and was eased into the team at 17. whats the point in loaning out livermoor again. these players should be around our sqaud and play when are needed
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Apr 29 2011, 00:52

I agree Lought, I think this is where we need a reserve team playing week in week out so that Harry can be informed which youngster is making good progress, also to allow those that are under performing to have a spell in the reserves to get there form back, it did not make sense to me doing away with reserve games. I went to the reserve games back in the 60s and saw for myself who looked as though they were to be our future stars and also those that would not make the grade. Mind you back in the days of the double season people were saying our reserves could have beat many a side in that 1st division.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29 2011, 01:58

ye i went to a few games when we they played reserves at leyton orient.

was good to see the reserves and fringe players
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Apr 29 2011, 23:47

This is not knee-jerk cos I've rated this player for sometime now ....Falcao of Porto ...

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29 2011, 23:59

its got to the stage now where anyone young will do now. but harry likes them old
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Apr 30 2011, 07:00

I heard today that there is a big rumour that Spurs want Gyan of Sunderland. Well if we don't get CL next season then that is the calibre of player we are likely to go for and he is certainly not better than what we already have even if they can't score at the moment.Although Defoe's had a poor season I would not say that Gyan is a better goal scorer than him. So I hope it doesn't happen and Levy and Harry don't start the bargain basement stuff while the other sides get stronger.

Next season will be a lot tougher than this with MC,UTD,CHELSEA even Arsenal all spending heavily and then Liverpool adding more players it will be very hard to break in there with 6 clubs going for 4 places.

Mikey M
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat Apr 30 2011, 07:13

It does appear that, that succsess is related in part to the amount that a club spends. I'm just hoping that, after the savings we made by not spending in the Jan window, that we will spend proper wisely in the summer window. Just hope that players want to join us, if they dont and we dont spend, then we will really be up against it.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 07:23

People, it may well be that there will only be 3 places available the season after next. If whoever qualifies fails to make the grade (beyond play-off round & group stages) English clubs will lose the 4th spot qualifiying team. Better hope all involved do as well as we have this season . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 07:29

yea i dont want him either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 22:06