The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Didier & Dimitar ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Didier & Dimitar ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Didier & Dimitar ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Didier & Dimitar ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Didier & Dimitar ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Didier & Dimitar ? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Didier & Dimitar ? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Didier & Dimitar ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Didier & Dimitar ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Didier & Dimitar ? - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
HotspurRoper
BazSpur
LOBO
ArnieArdiles
8 posters

Didier & Dimitar ?

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Didier & Dimitar ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Didier & Dimitar ?

Post by totalytot Sat Apr 30 2011, 18:21

cstmrsking wrote:It does appear that, that succsess is related in part to the amount that a club spends. I'm just hoping that, after the savings we made by not spending in the Jan window, that we will spend proper wisely in the summer window. Just hope that players want to join us, if they dont and we dont spend, then we will really be up against it.

The thing is there are a lot of players that we know are not going to get in the team unless there are a lot of injuries. Bentley is one Keane and Palacious are others and there are more, all of whom would fetch a good price.

To my mind there is no point in keep putting them out on loan that is no good to the club as they are getting older and their value is getting lower. Keane is a prime example he is what 30 now? We should have sold him and Bentley last season and used the money for other players.

If you take all the players out on loan and the others in house we have one of the biggest if not biggest squads in the Premier. A lot of them are either over the hill and can't offer us anything or are never going to make the top.

We should be prunning out those we are not going to use and bring in some quality to add to the quality players we already have.

Now I know that sounds logical and simple but we don't seem to do logical, do we?

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Apr 30 2011, 19:13

Spot on Mikey. How much longer are we going to persevere with Ledders and Woody? Even if they managed to overcome their long term injuries they are that much older now. We should concentrate on the likes of Dawson, Kaboul and for the time being Gallas. Who's coming up through the ranks that is a good prospect for CB in the future? As has been said before, we really should have a reserve team again.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 23:46

yep i agree. we got livermoor towsend who both look good. caulker i think will become a good player.

i duno whats happend with robbie keane he must have fallen out with harry otherwise surley he could have featured in some of our games before he got loaned out.

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 02:07

Loughtonlegend wrote:yep i agree. we got livermoor towsend who both look good. caulker i think will become a good player.

i duno whats happend with robbie keane he must have fallen out with harry otherwise surley he could have featured in some of our games before he got loaned out.

Honestly lought ! harry has a bit of a temper, keane fcked him off with that irish shindig and bentley really p*ssed him off with a bucket of iced water over his head on qualifying for the cl last term.

It wasnt high spirits, bentley got his own back for being a spurs bit player and saw his opportunity to make harry look stupid , and harry fcxking well knows it, and made him pay.......personalities lought..i would have dropped the thick cnut as well for such a load of crap.

Keane , looked sh*t when he did play.................and then took the lads off partying against harry,s orders.

Just put yourself in harry,s place, would you put up with such crap when the club pays these idiots millions over a year?

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 02:23

what load of rubbish lew. bentley did that as a joke im sure harry not that petty.

harry just had lennon and vdv above bentley in the peckin order.

now robbie keane i agree with. he got the lads to go on a trip withouth harry permisson. i still rekon keane would of been a decent option off the bench when we needed goals aganst the likes of blackbppl wigan wolves ect

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 02:47

Loughtonlegend wrote:what load of rubbish lew. bentley did that as a joke im sure harry not that petty.

harry just had lennon and vdv above bentley in the peckin order.

now robbie keane i agree with. he got the lads to go on a trip withouth harry permisson. i still rekon keane would of been a decent option off the bench when we needed goals aganst the likes of blackbppl wigan wolves ect

Everyone says that about that iced bucket incident lought ! replay it mate, harry aint amused but it was a happy moment and he forced a smile.

Trust me lought, he hated that and bentley has been rewarded........loaned out fodder who will be sold next season.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sun May 01 2011, 02:59

totalytot wrote:
    cstmrsking wrote:It does appear that, that succsess is related in part to the amount that a club spends. I'm just hoping that, after the savings we made by not spending in the Jan window, that we will spend proper wisely in the summer window. Just hope that players want to join us, if they dont and we dont spend, then we will really be up against it.

The thing is there are a lot of players that we know are not going to get in the team unless there are a lot of injuries. Bentley is one Keane and Palacious are others and there are more, all of whom would fetch a good price.

To my mind there is no point in keep putting them out on loan that is no good to the club as they are getting older and their value is getting lower. Keane is a prime example he is what 30 now? We should have sold him and Bentley last season and used the money for other players.

If you take all the players out on loan and the others in house we have one of the biggest if not biggest squads in the Premier. A lot of them are either over the hill and can't offer us anything or are never going to make the top.

We should be prunning out those we are not going to use and bring in some quality to add to the quality players we already have.

Now I know that sounds logical and simple but we don't seem to do logical, do we?

Mikey M

Mikey, I Couldn'y Agree More..
    Use Em Or Lose Em.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 21:31