The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Real Madrid & Barca  example EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Real Madrid & Barca  example EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Real Madrid & Barca  example EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Real Madrid & Barca  example EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Real Madrid & Barca  example EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Real Madrid & Barca  example EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Real Madrid & Barca  example EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Real Madrid & Barca  example EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Real Madrid & Barca  example EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Real Madrid & Barca  example Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Real Madrid & Barca example

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Real Madrid & Barca  example Empty Real Madrid & Barca example

Post by LOBO Mon May 02 2011, 04:42

Look at how many managers they go through, i don't see nothing wrong with that to be perfectly honest, if a manager is a success they keep there job, if they are a failure they lose there job, so why should it be any different for arry ?

I think he has failed this season, not the players , because at the end of the day arry is responsible for how we play, from tactics to picking the team , i can't really see how it is the players fault , if arry had been managing Real or Barca he would lose his job , i don't know the answers but i think we have to stop all this support your manager BS even if hes crap

Harry is a nice guy, he talks a great fight , a lovely jubly bloke

Thanks arry but you been found out and the words of el presidente of Real Mardrid

ADIOS AMIGO
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Real Madrid & Barca  example Empty Re: Real Madrid & Barca example

Post by BazSpur Mon May 02 2011, 05:23

What works abroad may not necessarily work here. Who are the most successful managers in the Prem? SAF and Wenger. Both of them are long term managers.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon May 02 2011, 05:45

How much time would you give a manager to become a success Lobo and how long do you think he should remain in charge as a failure. Should a manager be sacked after say a season,or a couple of season's if he does not deliver. I was gutted when Jol got the sack after achieving what he did and would have him back should Harry leave, but there is no way I want the same thing to happen to Harry, he should be given another couple of season's and if after going a step forward last season we start taking two or three back then perhaps it would be time to say goodbye Harry.I know I sound like a cracked record, but I can not get over the fact we have had 8 managers since Wenger took over at the Arsenal so it seem's to me that up to now your idea has not worked mate.

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 05:57

Well at least len seems to got over his attachement to big mart. lol!

Lots to like about that post len.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 02 2011, 05:59

Repped Len. We can't carry on getting shot of managers willy nilly. They should be given the length of their contract unless of course it is obvious they just cannot cut the mustard.

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 06:01

why is the font so big lol

anyway i would only get rid of harry if we can get sumone better.

harry got to sort our sqaud out and not start vdv all the time.

this summer going to be intresting thats for sure
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon May 02 2011, 06:22

Thank you Baz, and Lew no I have not, I just feel that an injustice was done to him by Levy and wish he had had more time to prove if he could have been a big success or a failure. I do not want the same thing to happen to Harry and then we bring in someone to take his place and its back to the drawing board once again and the club is forever in limbo, that's not a step forward, it's forever taking backward step's.

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 06:39

Len like you I also feel a manger should be allowed time to build, yet here I am saying I wonder if 'arry has had long enough after just a couple of years ? For me that will always be the travesty about Jol. The other guys make good & fair points about the European way with managers. A few of years at best, and it also seems to work for Chelsea. I do question if 'arry is the man to take us forward ? If not then it is time to say thank you & adieu. If he is that manager to take us forward then it is time to get behind him. At this moment in time IMO he is not the answer for the future, and by that I mean 5/10 years down the line . . . . ..
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon May 02 2011, 07:24

Isnt it ironic that on a weekend where a terrible decision cost us, that MJ is mentioned when it was an even worse decision that cost him a champions league place and the following season he was sacked. However now is now and I can't see how getting rid of Harry will help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 08 2024, 11:27