The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What Now ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What Now ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What Now ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What Now ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What Now ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What Now ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What Now ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What Now ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What Now ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What Now ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
totalytot
ArnieArdiles
7 posters

What Now ?

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

What Now ? Empty What Now ?

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun May 08 2011, 12:09

Is it time to say thank you very much Harry but we need to go our seperate ways?

Harry has made no secret that before he retires he would love a crack at the national job and next summer we could well see Harry leading the three lions ..He's no spring chicken so even if were not to get the England job is he our long term answer ?

I looked at the long faced Levy watching the game versus Blackpool and I were left wondering if the two have different ideas , certainly when it comes to new players bought into the club ..

We all know Levy likes a young player with a sell on value but Harry is talking of highly paid experience.... Is Harry wanting these types merely because he sees his time at Spurs as short term or is lack of experienced players the reason for our poor run in the PL these past few months ?

I find myself not agreeing with Harry on this and Im looking at the manager himself ..

This is not knee jerking because tacticaly Harry has baffled me aplenty...

Today I was mortified with his substitution of Bale for Crouch , it just didnt make sense .. The first 15 minutes in that second half with Lennon on for Pav , we were having our best period of dominance ...With Bale's injury, Harry chose to revert to the two upfront with VDV in midfield alongside Sandro and with Modders going on the left so we lost our momentum ...Why no like for like , Niko for Bale ? What advantage did he see in reverting back to the two upfront which was not bearing dividends and in the process disrupt a midfield that were at last getting to grips with a resiliant Blackpool ?

A problem Ive had with many of Harrys teams are that when our possesion breaks down in our opponents third we dont win it back quickly enough so we often see an end to end game .. This of course is great entertainment for the neutral and is why I believe we've often carried the entertainers tag this season ..

Having VDV and Sandro in the two midfield places allowed Blackpool back in to it and it were only in the 89th minute that Harry decides to introduce Kranjcar!

So the question is, tacticly is he up to it?

After today I dont think he is ..I just cant get around my head that a manager with these players available, despite the poor form of our strikers should be so poor in getting results againt these teams in the lower regions time and time again.

No talk of the CL games getting in the way please and none of those 'Harold McMillan never had it so good' type speechess from Harry thank you very much ...

The manager has fallen short far to often this season in the PL whilst glorying it up in the CL and though to be fair, its been a learning curve for him too, I do feel when taking in all the considerations perhaps Levy should be looking for Harrys successor this summer rather than the next ...

We have a good young squad that the right manager can use as a base to really build somthing good here, I think we are an attractive job for some top managers
    however, that good young squad that is so attractive could well look a lot worse in a years time if we lose Bale and Modric etc.. It could be now is the time to entice the right guy for the future here. This isnt about Redknapp, it`s about THFC and whats best for us may not be what is best for him.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

What Now ? Empty Re: What Now ?

Post by totalytot Sun May 08 2011, 19:40

Harry has made a few bad decisions this season I agree, with tactics and selections and he doesn't often seem to have a plan b. But the players have to take most of the blame in my opinion. These last few weeks they have performed as if they don't care and had this been the beginning of the season then we could have been fighting relegation with the likes of West Ham etc.It doesn't make any sense.

I did say at the beginning of the season that I believed we had a good squad but not a great team to win the prem with. To many OK players but nothing special, especially in defence.Ekotto,Corluka, Hutton are not class full backs to worry to many forwards. CD has to many crocks in the squad to make a stable side.In midfield I didn't think we would have to much trouble as on paper it looked pretty healthy with Modric, Lennon and Bale and Huddlestone.....although not a great favourite of mine, to many indifferent games....I thought up front we would see a great season from Defoe but the rest of the strikers to me should have gone as they were not good enough, Keane,Pav and crouch.

As I say a good squad not a great one, certainly not one to win us the title and next season could be worse if we lose the only 2 or 3 class players we have and no major ones coming in. With no CL next season and a possibility of no Europa either the likely hood of attracting any player of class is unlikely.

Levy has to stop treating it as his own private business and more like a football club.I accept we have to please shareholders and balance books but he needs to show us that he is serious about winning trophies.

I think there are at least 7 or 8 players that we could get rid of and 4 or 5 need to come in. If not then it's back to middle table mediocrity and a chance of a cup if we are lucky. However like the rest of us I'm not interested in Harry's buddies like Cole, Johnson etc or even old Drogba who is not the future. The problem as I see it is that Harry is not a negotiator and Levy wont let him anyway, and Levy is looking for a deal which has left us high and dry this season.

Liverpool have already started building for next year and I see them as a real force and with the other usual suspects means it will be unlikely top 4 next year or the for see able future.

I don't think Harry will be leaving unless he is pushed because I have always felt the FA will not give him the job, he's not their type of man.If he stays I wouldn't be to unhappy about that as the players seem to like him and this year has been a big learning curve for him but he needs the backing of the chairman and the chairman needs to spend big and sell players that have no part in the future of the club and there are many of them There is a lot of money to bring in with the "dead wood" lets do it and get going or we will be left behind possibly never to recover.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 08 2011, 21:13

I agree with that Mikey. I said early on in the season our eyes were firmly fixed on the CL at the expense of our bread and butter i.e. the league. How many CL hangovers did we have when we played league games after a CL game? It really wasn't good enough was it? I also think players eyes were fixed on playing in the CL at the expense of good performances in the Prem because they didn't want to get injured, especially when playing lower opposition. Added to that I think we were far too complacent when playing the likes of Wigan etc. I don't know that the answer is getting rid of Arry. We can't keep going down that route IMO. Looking at other Spurs forums across the net and on facebook general concensus seems to be Arry's tactics are not all they should be. However, the players have got to look at themselves too and Levy must release funds for new players and I am sure he will. The club must also look at the youth. If players like Walker are that good then they should be playing for Spurs not other teams.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun May 08 2011, 22:07

I have noticed this season that there has been a lot of unrest with the players i.e arry vs the players, Keane , kranky , bently , and now it seem lennon & crouch , so it's little wonder the team hasnt played well, i think harry is losing the dressing room , a wild stab in the dark maybe, but ive seen the signs , our team yesterday didnt look organised one bit, the players didnt seem to know there positions at times and we was constanly open on the break , i don't like whats happened to us this season, i dont think it has nothing to do with CL we was in the europa season before and before that, so its not like we are playing more games, i think imo that the players are un happy and there is unrest, since november we have been in religation form its a total joke and everyone is saying cos of the CL ..thats rubbish ..

Ive gone of harry, ok im not gonna start a arry out thread , but i honestly think hes took us backwards this season, and i dont get why we didnt strenghen when we had to in the winter, its stinks of bad management and to many ego's, arry is out of his league we found that out when we played Real Madrid
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun May 08 2011, 23:06

why was harry out of his league when we played real madrid ? he could only pick from the players we had at the club, probably the team most of us would have picked so surely it is the players who were out of their league as you sugest is the problem. what should harry have done differently v madrid.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 09 2011, 00:50

Whilst I agree with you Mickey about the squad and that it needs improving in some positions ....I feel , like Lobo that something is not right concerning the manager too and this is what Im saying needs looking at ...

You're missing it guys this is about the manager too and not just the players... Harry's Vibes are all wrong and this I believe has contributed to our lucklustre performances in the PL.

Agreed we need replacements but are we happy to bring in the players Harry wants only for him to perhaps move on in the summer of 2012? Are we happy to offer him an extended contract so it stops all this media talk about the England job , talk that will go into overdrive next season ?

Do you believe in the manager enough to say, you as chairman, would be happy to hand over, say £30 million to Harry for him to spend on whom he wants without your input ?

Im sorry but Im no longer trusting his ideas on players and his use of them and I also think his attitude stinks of, Im not to blame for anything but Im in my rights to bask in the glory when it goes well ..He's attidute is not one of a winner ... All these nagatives have found its way to our players and have I believe contributed to the poor performances this season...

e.g.s

....Harry has recently come out and said he does not want Europa qualification if he cant get Champions League ... For us on a message board to say stuff like that is one thing but the manager of players that need to be pushed on to be saying it is surely not right and could well have a detrimental effect on players ? Meanwhile , Kenny Dalglish and his new forward Suarez this week both stated Liverpool has to be in Europe, its where Liverpool FC belongs , we want to win all our remaining games ...

What about last week at Chelsea in his after match interview, he jokingly comments on the two major decisions that go against his players for the goals ... Yes, can see Fergie responding that way .... Yes, Harry , put a man on the moon but cant have goal line technology snigger snigger , smile for the camera , for the fcking twats at the FA ...

And yesterday ... Gareth Bale suffered due to a bad challenge, out on the left wing not to far from the managers dugout ....
    What would be Vengers or Fergies reactions be if one of their players was taken out in similar circumstances? I tell you , they would be going apeshit on the touchline and be in the face of the fourth official .. Fergie would probs be shouting at the ref that his job is not to book Gallas for an innocuous challenge and then be turning a blind eye to a potential leg-breaker you imcompetant fcker !

Harrys reaction? Not a peep, not a fcking peep .. This guy cares so much about the England job that its going to be a wet day in hell before he's gonna say so much as boo to an official and thus damage his chances with the FA ... It all stinks...!

This Harry demeanour and aspiration for the England job is having a negative effect for THFC and Im not liking it ...

Sorry but for me this summer is the time for change....

If available managers such as these I'd hope would be on Levy's list ....

Mark Hughes
    Jurgen Klinnsman
    Gus Poyet
    Jose Mourinho
    André Villas Boas
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 09 2011, 01:06

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    And yesterday ... Gareth Bale suffered due to a bad challenge, out on the left wing not to far from the managers dugout ....
    What would be Vengers or Fergies reactions be if one of their players was taken out in similar circumstances? I tell you , they would be going apeshit on the touchline and be in the face of the fourth official .. Fergie would probs be shouting at the ref that his job is not to book Gallas for an innocuous challenge and then be turning a blind eye to a potential leg-breaker you imcompetant fcker !

Harrys reaction? Not a peep, not a fcking peep .. This guy cares so much about the England job that its going to be a wet day in hell before he's gonna say so much as boo to an official and thus damage his chances with the FA ... It all stinks...!

This Harry demeanour and aspiration for the England job is having a negative effect for THFC and Im not liking it ...

Mark Hughes
    Jurgen Klinnsman
    Gus Poyet
    Jose Mourinho
    André Villas Boas

I didnt know he just sat there , damn that is f**ked up

As for the england job, that stinks too, because you can't come out and say i want the england job or ill give it serious consideration, that's basically saying yep im off when they come calling, i don't care what anyone says but the day he said that in a live press conference was the day he lost my support, you just can't say those kinda things , if i were to go into work and say to the owner " high there but i thought i would let you know that if i get a better offer than this job im offski OK " i just wouldnt say it !! to me it shows total disrespect to the fans & the club ..
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 09 2011, 01:37

I didnt know he just sat there , damn that is f**ked up

As for the england job, that stinks too, because you can't come out and say i want the england job or ill give it serious consideration, that's basically saying yep im off when they come calling, i don't care what anyone says but the day he said that in a live press conference was the day he lost my support, you just can't say those kinda things , if i were to go into work and say to the owner " high there but i thought i would let you know that if i get a better offer than this job im offski OK " i just wouldnt say it !! to me it shows total disrespect to the fans & the club ..[/quote]

Well Ive not seen anything from Harry on the touchline during the Bale incident ...Nothing from him at Adam , Hollowway or the officials ..The cameras would show it surely?

As for his comments about the England job , they can only be viewed as negatives for THFC so why would he say them even if he thinks them ?

Managing is all about choosing your words for the good of the team and not oneself!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 09 2011, 02:20

What i don't understand is why with a better squad of players this season did we perform so badly in the league especialy with the new additions , i thought we were on paper this season much stronger than last season , the theory is that we suffered due to playing CL football and that arry was aving the players for that, i don't buy into that, because CL football was few & far between Matches, it wasn't like we played CL every week, the player this season have looked flat, arry has had problems wih the team, i mean look at the talent he sent out on loan , O'Hara , Gio , Bentley , Keane , he hardly played Kracjar 5 talent players, who i feel we should have kept at the club if we serious about anything, why leave yourself short of a striker and send out on loan? is that bad management , or am i missing the point , we now know we struggled and we left ourselfs short of options all because arry was to big and clever , he messed it up, we should have atleast kept Gio or keane or both at least then we would have had striker option, no he decided to only have 3 and if i remember correctly defoe was injured from sep to Nov , so we only had 2 .... that is why we have struggled i believe, cos we have lacked goals this season, i bet arry wont hold his hands up though, sooner england come for him the better .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 09 2011, 03:20

But Lobs and Arnie. We are always the same. We can't keep changing managers every couple of years. Where is the continuity in that. We had it with Graham, Hoddle, Jol, Ramos and now Harry ffs. Before that it was Gross and Ardiles. When Arry vacates the WHL job and the new manager comes in, if he hasn't secured the Prem or at least got us 4th spot after a year or so the same thing will be happening. You will all be calling for his head. We really can't carry on like that. So many managers and not one of them saw his contract out.

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 04:02

ArnieArdiles wrote:Is it time to say thank you very much Harry but we need to go our seperate ways?

Harry has made no secret that before he retires he would love a crack at the national job and next summer we could well see Harry leading the three lions ..He's no spring chicken so even if were not to get the England job is he our long term answer ?

I looked at the long faced Levy watching the game versus Blackpool and I were left wondering if the two have different ideas , certainly when it comes to new players bought into the club ..

We all know Levy likes a young player with a sell on value but Harry is talking of highly paid experience.... Is Harry wanting these types merely because he sees his time at Spurs as short term or is lack of experienced players the reason for our poor run in the PL these past few months ?

I find myself not agreeing with Harry on this and Im looking at the manager himself ..

Today I was mortified with his substitution of Bale for Crouch , it just didnt make sense .. The first 15 minutes in that second half with Lennon on for Pav , we were having our best period of dominance ...With Bale's injury, Harry chose to revert to the two upfront with VDV in midfield alongside Sandro and with Modders going on the left so we lost our momentum ...Why no like for like , Niko for Bale ? What advantage did he see in reverting back to the two upfront which was not bearing dividends and in the process disrupt a midfield that were at last getting to grips with a resiliant Blackpool ?

A problem Ive had with many of Harrys teams are that when our possesion breaks down in our opponents third we dont win it back quickly enough so we often see an end to end game .. This of course is great entertainment for the neutral and is why I believe we've often carried the entertainers tag this season ..

Having VDV and Sandro in the two midfield places allowed Blackpool back in to it and it were only in the 89th minute that Harry decides to introduce Kranjcar!

After today I dont think he is ..I just cant get around my head that a manager with these players available, despite the poor form of our strikers should be so poor in getting results againt these teams in the lower regions time and time again.

No talk of the CL games getting in the way please and none of those 'Harold McMillan never had it so good' type speechess from Harry thank you very much ...

The manager has fallen short far to often this season in the PL whilst glorying it up in the CL and though to be fair, its been a learning curve for him too, I do feel when taking in all the considerations perhaps Levy should be looking for Harrys successor this summer rather than the next ...

We have a good young squad that the right manager can use as a base to really build somthing good here, I think we are an attractive job for some top managers
    however, that good young squad that is so attractive could well look a lot worse in a years time if we lose Bale and Modric etc.. It could be now is the time to entice the right guy for the future here. This isnt about Redknapp, it`s about THFC and whats best for us may not be what is best for him.

Arnie i am disappointed..........long standing poster and joining the "not happy club" what more can harry do ? emulate ardiles ?hoddle or even jol 5th ?

Disappointed mate and i can only say if harry goes in the summer then its to the tune of the rolling stones "you cant always get what you want" very apt.....baz might put the song up from u tube ?

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 04:50

So many of us have said that we need a manager to build for the future, and we need to give a manager time. So many of us hoped that 'arry was that manager. BUT our form of late suggests he is not. The attitude of the players on the pitch of late suggests that they expect a change of leadership in the not too distant future. Maybe some players have bought into the C/L hype and feel that those are the only games they should be involved in ? So many doubts seem to be circling the club at present. Is 'arry the man to build for 5 or more years ? I have posted elsewhere that should he get the England job I would wish him well & harbour no resentment if he quits for it. Do you think Levy thinks the same ? I have posted elsewhere that this close-season & next season are pivitol, IMO, for Spurs. It is my belief that we can keep this present squad together for one more season without more sucsess. I also think we need the Europa League to acheive one more season. Is 'arry the man to trust for that season ? Is he the man to trust to bring in new recruits this summer ? Or will he just accept Keane back from the Bubble Blowers, along with the likes of Carlton Cole & Scott Parker & Robert Green ? Will he chase Joe Cole ? Kenwayne Jones ? And a plethoria of players of a similar stature ? We, unfortunately, do not know and that is my one & only fear. We have to have the right person in charge to continue to build on what 'arry has acheived for us. Should that be 'arry ? I don't know, and to tell the truth I'm not sure. I would like it to be, but wishes don't always come true and we all know that Levy is a cold-hearted b*stard and will do what he thinks is right for the club . . . . . .

Arnie, I would add Ancellotti to your list of targets . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon May 09 2011, 05:53

we have all bandied around all these players names we THINK harry might go for but none of us know whether its true or not, also all the players we want might not be available to harry because of price or that player not wanting to come to spurs. just cos we rate that player and think harry should have brought him in, whos to say harry might have wanted them as well but is powerless to get them either financially or a big enough draw for them.at the end of the game yesterday there was certain sections of the crowd who booed the team off which is bloody deplorable if you ask me, what they think that will acheive is beyond me and just make some of those players w so want to keep maybe have doubts about staying, to be honest i felt bloody ashamed to hear them. pathetic

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 06:08

Booing is deplorable Shear. We come on here & bitch & moan but we haven't paid 50 odd quid to go to The Lane. Saying that I do understand some of the frustrations of supporters because I'm feeling them my-self. It almost seems that players & management seem disintrested. That, to me, says that something is happening behind the scenes that we the fans are unaware of . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 09 2011, 06:15

BazSpur wrote:But Lobs and Arnie. We are always the same. We can't keep changing managers every couple of years. Where is the continuity in that. We had it with Graham, Hoddle, Jol, Ramos and now Harry ffs. Before that it was Gross and Ardiles. When Arry vacates the WHL job and the new manager comes in, if he hasn't secured the Prem or at least got us 4th spot after a year or so the same thing will be happening. You will all be calling for his head. We really can't carry on like that. So many managers and not one of them saw his contract out.

Baz continuity is important of course it is , but not for the sake of it.. The same arguement couldve been spewed out when we had Ramos on 2 points from 8 games and though Harry is not at those depths there are other questions that have to be faced ... He is not here for the long term or is he ?
    Should the FA offer him the national job he will go and if they dont, how long will he stick around ?

Ive tried to look at it from Levy's viewpoint and Ive asked you guys here to do so also ... Would you be happy for Harry to have control of the transfer funds baring in mind the possibility of a short stay at WHL ?

Will we be happy if Harry goes out and gets in the high waged experience he talks about , players like Neville, Parker , and Joe Cole , then in the summer of 2012 he goes to his dream national job ?

If the manager that Levy had in mind to be Harrys successor becomes available this summer then I think he should go for it ...

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 06:31

ArnieArdiles wrote:Whilst I agree with you Mickey about the squad and that it needs improving in some positions ....I feel , like Lobo that something is not right concerning the manager too and this is what Im saying needs looking at ...

You're missing it guys this is about the manager too and not just the players... Harry's Vibes are all wrong and this I believe has contributed to our lucklustre performances in the PL.

Agreed we need replacements but are we happy to bring in the players Harry wants only for him to perhaps move on in the summer of 2012? Are we happy to offer him an extended contract so it stops all this media talk about the England job , talk that will go into overdrive next season ?

Do you believe in the manager enough to say, you as chairman, would be happy to hand over, say £30 million to Harry for him to spend on whom he wants without your input ?

Im sorry but Im no longer trusting his ideas on players and his use of them and I also think his attitude stinks of, Im not to blame for anything but Im in my rights to bask in the glory when it goes well ..He's attidute is not one of a winner ... All these nagatives have found its way to our players and have I believe contributed to the poor performances this season...

e.g.s

....Harry has recently come out and said he does not want Europa qualification if he cant get Champions League ... For us on a message board to say stuff like that is one thing but the manager of players that need to be pushed on to be saying it is surely not right and could well have a detrimental effect on players ? Meanwhile , Kenny Dalglish and his new forward Suarez this week both stated Liverpool has to be in Europe, its where Liverpool FC belongs , we want to win all our remaining games ...

What about last week at Chelsea in his after match interview, he jokingly comments on the two major decisions that go against his players for the goals ... Yes, can see Fergie responding that way .... Yes, Harry , put a man on the moon but cant have goal line technology snigger snigger , smile for the camera , for the fcking twats at the FA ...

Mark Hughes
    Jurgen Klinnsman
    Gus Poyet
    Jose Mourinho
    André Villas Boas

Usual suspects arnie, draw specialist hughes, part timer klinnsman, old failure poyet, bigger than the club mourinho..........boas...no thanks.

Last edited by lewspurs on Mon May 09 2011, 06:33; edited 1 time in total
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 09 2011, 06:31

lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:Is it time to say thank you very much Harry but we need to go our seperate ways?

Arnie i am disappointed..........long standing poster and joining the "not happy club" what more can harry do ? emulate ardiles ?hoddle or even jol 5th ?

Disappointed mate and i can only say if harry goes in the summer then its to the tune of the rolling stones "you cant always get what you want" very apt.....baz might put the song up from u tube ?

Ive not taken this stance lightly Lew and Im no knee jerker believe me ..I understand that as a supporter I will not always agree with the managers decisions but the stance Ive taken regarding Harry is due to the junction we have now arrived at ...

Do we stick with Harry , does Harry want to stick with us ? Perhaps you can tell me but I personally feel things are a little up in the air at our club regarding the manager and I believe a malaise has filtered down to the players which in turn has affected their performances ..

I want to see a bullish Tottenham manager, a man at the helm that in the past few weeks wouldve been making noises at press confrences, that officials should note that Bale has been targeted by other teams... The Goons were at it a couple of weeks back too so were the Chavs last week and yesterday against Blackpool we saw the end result ..But we dont hear nothing in the way of Harry looking out for the best intrests of THFC not if it may affect his national job prospects that is..

Also, whilst one win in twelve at the tail end of a season is not a sackable offence or is it ? One win in twelve at the begining of next season is, or again , is it ?

Sorry but I no longer believe Harry is best for our club but I do believe THFC is best for Harry's England job prospects where he can continualy remind us the supporters and perhaps more important to him, the casual onlooker, that Spurs are up against the big spenders and that finishing sixth , seventh or there about is in itself an achievement ...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 09 2011, 06:58

Mark Hughes
    Jurgen Klinnsman
    Gus Poyet
    Jose Mourinho
    André Villas Boas

Usual suspects arnie, draw specialist hughes, part timer klinnsman, old failure poyet, bigger than the club mourinho..........boas...no thanks.[/quote]

Both Harry and Hughes have drawn the same amount of games this season Lew ... Klinsmann is a risk but I think worth sounding out ..Poyet has worked with many of our players and if theres no bad feeling why not ? Mourinho a past target of Levy's, is a long shot I know but should he be shown the door in Madrid , again why not ?
    Boas no thanks but yes to Warnock
    silent pale shock lmao

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 07:13

And don't forget Ancellotti may be be available! ! ! Now there is a manger who HAS done it all. Arnie it was me last week, you this week. As you rightly point out you are not given to knee-jerk responses. I don't think I am either. So why are we now questioning the judgement of a manager we have both supported ? There is a certain, hard to pin point, "something" around the whole situation at Spurs at present that is making many people, not just us, question what is best for the future . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 09 2011, 07:30

VisionarySound wrote:And don't forget Ancellotti may be be available! ! ! Now there is a manger who HAS done it all. Arnie it was me last week, you this week. As you rightly point out you are not given to knee-jerk responses. I don't think I am either. So why are we now questioning the judgement of a manager we have both supported ? There is a certain, hard to pin point, "something" around the whole situation at Spurs at present that is making many people, not just us, question what is best for the future . . . . .

I wouldve preffered to have been having this debate at the end of the season Vis but yesterday the fat lady started her singing so why not have the debate now ?

I just feel there are way to many bad Harry vibes in the air and I dont mean by the supporters but from Harry himself and that they have filtered down to the players which has contributed to our poor run ... If we fail to win one of our remaining three games , it will be one win in 15 going into next season ..
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon May 09 2011, 07:39

Arnie I agree with a lot of points you have made especially the following:
    1. Definitely Rednap has got one eye on the England job this is why he does not want to be outspoken cue Bale's injury
    2. I was perplexed by his substitutions I don’t know what he has got against Kranjar; remember it was after his introduction that we equalised to save our blush. Also I am beginning to see Lou’s point that Rednap has got his favourites. What about Pienner
    3. Trying to rubbish the Europa cup is not the right thing to do, like Arnie I think it sends the wrong message to the players. Why not use the Europa Cup to field young and untried players
    4. He always uses the same players, his policy of sending all young players on loan p**ses me of to be frank, you can see that players are getting tired which has coincided with the poor form. Why no refresh and change players around like what Ferguson does?

However I do not agree with you on these two points:
    1. In a whole Rednap has done wonders for the club, he has stated on TV and newspapers that we only need a few players to improve the team
    2. I would not recommend to get rid of Rednap now before a replacement manager is in place. I would say the best approach is to let Rednap groom one of the back room staff for the next two years ready to take over otherwise there is a danger of losing players who are comfortable with Rednap and the backroom staff

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 07:43

Philip, do you think 'arry's famous man-management skills have become petty rather then inspired ? His treatment of players like Kranky seems a touch perplexing at best . . . . . .
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon May 09 2011, 08:10

VisionarySound wrote:Philip, do you think 'arry's famous man-management skills have become petty rather then inspired ? His treatment of players like Kranky seems a touch perplexing at best . . . . . .

Yes you are right he keeps on holding grudge against some players for whatever reason. This is not a mark of a good manager like Ferguson.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 09 2011, 08:21

What we need is not only a good manager but someone that is Tottenham, someone that comes out every press interview and says i love this club & players and the players love me, someone like Jol, i dont get that feeling with arry, Arry like it or not is " the grass is always greener " type of bloke , the cut n thrust of it is he should never have made it know he would want the england job so publically , he could have done that in private, to me it signals his desire to leave spurs for England, not only that he has a lot of support from all quaters, the chances are he will be a consideration, but and i say this... his court case could ruin that
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon May 09 2011, 09:07

LOBO wrote:What we need is not only a good manager but someone that is Tottenham, someone that comes out every press interview and says i love this club & players and the players love me, someone like Jol, i dont get that feeling with arry, Arry like it or not is " the grass is always greener " type of bloke , the cut n thrust of it is he should never have made it know he would want the england job so publically , he could have done that in private, to me it signals his desire to leave spurs for England, not only that he has a lot of support from all quaters, the chances are he will be a consideration, but and i say this... his court case could ruin that

I never thought of that before Lobo but after taking on board what has been said so far by yourself, Arnie, Vis and others I am beginning to think like you guys

Rednap is normally loud and speaks his mind by nature, I am really surprised that he has been very quiet on Bale's issue maybe trying not to show the FA how bullish he is. To be fair when first asked about the England job he did respond to question by being diplomatic as much as possible saying that everybody would like to take the England job

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 14:12