The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The case for warnock. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The case for warnock. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The case for warnock. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The case for warnock. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The case for warnock. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The case for warnock. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The case for warnock. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The case for warnock. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The case for warnock. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The case for warnock. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
ionman34
philip
LOBO
BazSpur
8 posters

The case for warnock.

The case for warnock. Empty The case for warnock.

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 06:40

If harry goes ? and it is a big if, and i aint asking for harry to go or be sacked, warnock is the man i would want in charge.

Bit of a risk i know at this level, he has it all to prove, for instance what would he do with tottenhams transfer budget......first thing is bring taarabt back i suppose. lol!

If levy has ditched the continental manager then what choice does he have, coyle or warnock :?

The case for warnock. Empty Re: The case for warnock.

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 07:07

LOL there is no case for Warnock. We are Tottenham not a fizzy pop yo-yo team . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 09 2011, 07:36

Out of the two I would rather it be Coyle.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 09 2011, 08:09

we have to remember arry had only managed portsmouth & southampton westham and a few lower league teams, spurs was the ticket to bigger things , so his cv wasnt exactly world class, it was a risk, i think warnock you know where you stand , as for coyle i like him , i like his rapour with the players, arry seems very distant from the players to me
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon May 09 2011, 09:50

Definitely not Warnock, he talks too much
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon May 09 2011, 11:50

Warnock has had his chances in the Prem and blown them. If Harry were to go then I fancy Coyle. My first choice would be 'The Special One' but I was having a discussion with a Juve fan this morning who tells me that they will have Mancini over there next season. If this happens then you know that Jose will be at the reins at Citeh and spending 50 squillion on just about everyone.

Damn.

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 16:51

VisionarySound wrote:LOL there is no case for Warnock. We are Tottenham not a fizzy pop yo-yo team . . . . .

No ! doesnt matter if we are tottenham, ramos would have made us a fizzy pop team, and there is certainly a case for warnock, a bloke who gets his teams promoted with hardly any budget.

That to me means that he is good at his job, working with what he has and making the best of it.

I just wonder what he would do with £50 mill for new players at spurs ? according to you lot he certainly couldnt do any worse than harry has in the transfer market.

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 17:06

ionman34 wrote:
    Warnock has had his chances in the Prem and blown them. If Harry were to go then I fancy Coyle. My first choice would be 'The Special One' but I was having a discussion with a Juve fan this morning who tells me that they will have Mancini over there next season. If this happens then you know that Jose will be at the reins at Citeh and spending 50 squillion on just about everyone.

Damn.

Ion, he has only had one chance in the prem with sheff utd, and they got relegated because of an unusual set of circumstances.

Firstly fulham too were involved in the relegation scrap that year and beat liverpool who fielded a weakened side because they had a champions league final to play a few days later.

Then you have the west ham controversy playing tevez who was ineligible, incurred a heavy fine but that didnt help sheff utd to stay up.

I think he can motivate players, my only worry is what type of players he would sign for us because of his long history in the lower divisions.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 09 2011, 17:45

Warnock? Definately not for me. As I posted before. Graham Taylor was brilliant in the lower divisons but couldn't cut it in the Prem. It depends who we could realistically get and Levy I am sure will go for a proven Premiership manager. Coyle fits the bill for me. He took Burnley into the Prem, OK he took them down again but he didn't really have the money to keep them in the Prem. He's got Bolton playing well. I think he would do well for us.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon May 09 2011, 18:35

Warnock in my opinion would be a disaster. There was a good article in the Mail on Sunday about Warnock and how he gets a team up one year and straight down the next. Apparantly he has done it 3 times now and I fully expect QPR to go down next season also.

Can you honestly see him managing a Prem side and trying to get them in the CL, I can't. He's Micky Mouse and can only handle Micky mouse clubs and players. If he came to us that would certainly show that Levy and the board have no ambition.

We need a top European manager that has the experience with the big players and in Europe. Many of the possibles have already been mentioned here like Ancelloti, Hiddink, Van Basten etc that's the type of manager we need.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 18:43

lewspurs wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:LOL there is no case for Warnock. We are Tottenham not a fizzy pop yo-yo team . . . . .

No ! doesnt matter if we are tottenham, ramos would have made us a fizzy pop team, and there is certainly a case for warnock, a bloke who gets his teams promoted with hardly any budget.

That to me means that he is good at his job, working with what he has and making the best of it.

I just wonder what he would do with £50 mill for new players at spurs ? according to you lot he certainly couldnt do any worse than harry has in the transfer market.

I don't see what Ramos has got to do with Warnock Lew ? Basiacally Warnock has plied his trade in lower leagues managing a string of teams who are nearly but not quite theres. Unlike Spurs who have been in the Premier since it's inception. As for transfer funds well I would imagine Trabbant would be high on his list & maybe some player with 3rd party ownership . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon May 09 2011, 19:51

The only case for Warnot is a Suitcase.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 09 2011, 19:54

cstmrsking wrote:The only case for Warnot is a Suitcase.

Yeah, in the Thames lol. Don't like the bloke and wouldn't want him at Spurs.

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 07:18

VisionarySound wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

I don't see what Ramos has got to do with Warnock Lew ? Basiacally Warnock has plied his trade in lower leagues managing a string of teams who are nearly but not quite theres. Unlike Spurs who have been in the Premier since it's inception. As for transfer funds well I would imagine Trabbant would be high on his list & maybe some player with 3rd party ownership . . . .

Ramos would have turned us into a fizzy pop yo yo team vis, that was my point, nothing to do with warnock whatsoever but as you mentioned the fizzy pop league where warnock has plied his trade i would like to make you aware of other managers that have come up the leagues the hard way.

Brian clough was one, then of course we have pulis doing a grand job at stoke.......need i go on.

You know you blokes go on about how harry said fck all about the bale incident and that you would like a manager who has a go, and then when a name is named who would or does !you dont want to know.....crazeeeeeeeee !

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 07:22

Yeah kingy, he is so fcking bad that his team walked the championship, lol! as we are talking cases......does nut come to mind with these silly unfounded opinions about warnock?

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 07:28

BazSpur wrote:

To tell the honest truth baz ! i preferred coyle, but i didnt like that 5-0 against stoke, something went wrong for coyle that day and probably would if he ever became spurs manager.

Warnock is passionate, he would moan the same way wenger and ferguson do at poor decisions made by the ref, and that is what you blokes have been on about lately that harry doesnt voice up enough.

My only concern is that warnock wouldnt have the right contacts for a £50 million transfer budget, but he couldnt do any worse than harry has this season in the transfer stakes.

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 07:36

how can you say ramos is so bad. 8 games. theres no way we was going down. look at west brom now. they where dead and buried 4 weeks ago.

warnock not for me.

i do want harry to go now. after not moaning about that bad tackle aganst bale. and now hes sayin he dont want 5th. how bad is that. a manager dont want european football. its not as if hes used to it so he shouldbe wantin it.

i want jose here. if not him then hiddink but i wouldnt mind clive allen givven the job
    wobberler
    wobberler
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by wobberler Tue May 10 2011, 07:53

would bring jol back,, if not martin oneil
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue May 10 2011, 08:23

lewspurs wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:

To tell the honest truth baz ! i preferred coyle, but i didnt like that 5-0 against stoke, something went wrong for coyle that day and probably would if he ever became spurs manager.

Warnock is passionate, he would moan the same way wenger and ferguson do at poor decisions made by the ref, and that is what you blokes have been on about lately that harry doesnt voice up enough.

My only concern is that warnock wouldnt have the right contacts for a £50 million transfer budget, but he couldnt do any worse than harry has this season in the transfer stakes.

So you think we only need somebody who screams at the officials and that makes him a good manager. Warnock screams and shouts because he likes the sound of his own voice not because he's any good.

The guys an absolute waste of space and will be found out in the prem next season as will Tarabt.

Be careful what you wish for Lew you just might get it.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 08:42

you mean like most of harrys buys have been found out.

defoe crouch cant score. pinnar just a sqaud player. mr averge.

i think if adel played up front for blackpool saturday we would of lost
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue May 10 2011, 09:45

The Case for King Kenny. lol

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 16:08

totalytot wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:

So you think we only need somebody who screams at the officials and that makes him a good manager. Warnock screams and shouts because he likes the sound of his own voice not because he's any good.

The guys an absolute waste of space and will be found out in the prem next season as will Tarabt.

Mikey M

Read my posts correctly mike , dont attribute things to me that i havent said, its some of the posters on here that say we need a manager that rants and raves wenger and ferguson fashion at wrong decisions , bad tackles etc etc, i was pointing out with warnock they would get that.

Funny that he,s a waste of space and yet his team has walked the championship all season, but of course he is such a bad manager that we all must be hallucinating.

I dont have to be careful mike, its my opinion that the bloke is good at his job , he,s really unproven with a club with any money to throw around and that would be my only concern with him really.

If you look at his prem record with sheff utd, that he almost kept them up, and the circumstances behind their relegation, ie that liverpool fielded a weakened side against also relegation threatened fulham, and the west ham debacle with ineligible players...thats his only prem record as far as i know.

Its funny how people hate warnock because he does have a lot to say for himself, yet they dont hate mr wonderful mourinho, mr i am bigger than any club myself lol! ............
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue May 10 2011, 16:17

lewspurs wrote:
    totalytot wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:

Mikey M

Read my posts correctly mike , dont attribute things to me that i havent said, its some of the posters on here that say we need a manager that rants and raves wenger and ferguson fashion at wrong decisions , bad tackles etc etc, i was pointing out with warnock they would get that.

Funny that he,s a waste of space and yet his team has walked the championship all season, but of course he is such a bad manager that we all must be hallucinating.

I dont have to be careful mike, its my opinion that the bloke is good at his job , he,s really unproven with a club with any money to throw around and that would be my only concern with him really.

If you look at his prem record with sheff utd, that he almost kept them up, and the circumstances behind their relegation, ie that liverpool fielded a weakened side against also relegation threatened fulham, and the west ham debacle with ineligible players...thats his only prem record as far as i know.

Its funny how people hate warnock because he does have a lot to say for himself, yet they dont hate mr wonderful mourinho, mr i am bigger than any club myself lol! ............

Unfair Lew, I don't think anyone 'hates' Warnock, he's just not seen as an improvement on Redknapp. Ask yourself honestly, do you believe that Warnock has that 'little something extra' that would see us going that bit further than we already are?

Granted other 'unknowns' have done it before, 'Man who sucks Lemons' being a prime example, but Warnock isn't exactly an unknown quantity is he?

My honest opinion is that he is a great motivator ....................

And that is it.

Even Lought has been derogatory about the Football QPR play. Long ball Football is what he knows, he played it with Sheffield Utd and he does the same with QPR. The Taarabt cameo's have done nothing more than camouflage that trait. He'll get found out when they come up and I believe they'll get hammered on more than one occasion.

Not for me mate, there's much better out there.

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 16:35

neil warnock lol, i cant say anything about that. ps he took notts county to the old div 1, he lasted 1 season, he took sheff utd to the prem and yes they lasted one season, a lower league manager at best and the fact hes 63 years of age tells me he aint one for the future either. you dont want mourinho lew but is putting a shout for warnock. dont ring off the same breathe mate, only my opinion tho.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 10 2011, 19:56

Lew Wrote: To tell the honest truth baz ! i preferred coyle, but i didnt like that
    5-0 against stoke, something went wrong for coyle that day and probably
    would if he ever became spurs manager.

Bloody hell Lew that was a freak result it happens doesn't it it's one of those things like Arsenal winning 4-0 at Newcastle at half time. How many of us thought they were going to finish 8 or 10-0. Arsenal 2-0 up at the scumerites against us. Be honest who could see us winning that game? Bolton have been superb under Coyle this season. He has turned them from a Signet into a Swan. He has them playing some lovely football. If he had our squad I think he would be good for us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 14:27