The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The case for warnock. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The case for warnock. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The case for warnock. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The case for warnock. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The case for warnock. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The case for warnock. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The case for warnock. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The case for warnock. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The case for warnock. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The case for warnock. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
ionman34
philip
LOBO
BazSpur
8 posters

The case for warnock.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

The case for warnock. - Page 2 Empty Re: The case for warnock.

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed May 11 2011, 01:59

Well initialy I thought Lew you were having a laugh , was all tongue in cheek, I really did ...

Okay heres two major things that go against Warnock as our manager .. Both been touched on by other posters but worth saying again .

1)....His age ....63.

2)....His football philosophy , playing style of his teams.

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 05:55

ArnieArdiles wrote:Well initialy I thought Lew you were having a laugh , was all tongue in cheek, I really did ...

Okay heres two major things that go against Warnock as our manager .. Both been touched on by other posters but worth saying again .

1)....His age ....63.

2)....His football philosophy , playing style of his teams.

and thats it arnie, is that what you have against him lol! fergy is 70 and people moan on here about the long ball game that harry employs with crouch, well perhaps warnock could play the passing game with more money at his disposal, what class of player do you think is available in the lower divisions, because if any of them show an iota of skill the prem teams take them off them.

I am serious because i see passion in the bloke, and ability as a manager.

So much more than a history of shite, hoddle, ardiles, graham,gross (by name and nature) and all the other fcking w*nkers we employed and paid massive money to go and watch their teams play and turn us into a mid table team.

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 06:00

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]how can you say ramos is so bad. 8 games. theres no way we was going down. look at west brom now. they where dead and buried 4 weeks ago.

warnock not for me.

Says the man singing the taarabt song all season, telling us how great he is and why the fck did we sell him.

Wanting everyone on here to know how wonderful taarabt is and doesnt give a fcking iota of credit to the bloke who made him a championship star.

Warnock made him what you have been bashing on about all season lought....but of course he is not for you. lol!

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 06:19

ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    totalytot wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:
    cstmrsking wrote:The only case for Warnot is a Suitcase.

Yeah, in the Thames lol. Don't like the bloke and wouldn't want him at Spurs.

To tell the honest truth baz ! i preferred coyle, but i didnt like that 5-0 against stoke, something went wrong for coyle that day and probably would if he ever became spurs manager.

Warnock is passionate, he would moan the same way wenger and ferguson do at poor decisions made by the ref, and that is what you blokes have been on about lately that harry doesnt voice up enough.

My only concern is that warnock wouldnt have the right contacts for a £50 million transfer budget, but he couldnt do any worse than harry has this season in the transfer stakes.

So you think we only need somebody who screams at the officials and that makes him a good manager. Warnock screams and shouts because he likes the sound of his own voice not because he's any good.

The guys an absolute waste of space and will be found out in the prem next season as will Tarabt.

Be careful what you wish for Lew you just might get it.

Mikey M

Read my posts correctly mike , dont attribute things to me that i havent said, its some of the posters on here that say we need a manager that rants and raves wenger and ferguson fashion at wrong decisions , bad tackles etc etc, i was pointing out with warnock they would get that.

Funny that he,s a waste of space and yet his team has walked the championship all season, but of course he is such a bad manager that we all must be hallucinating.

I dont have to be careful mike, its my opinion that the bloke is good at his job , he,s really unproven with a club with any money to throw around and that would be my only concern with him really.

If you look at his prem record with sheff utd, that he almost kept them up, and the circumstances behind their relegation, ie that liverpool fielded a weakened side against also relegation threatened fulham, and the west ham debacle with ineligible players...thats his only prem record as far as i know.

Its funny how people hate warnock because he does have a lot to say for himself, yet they dont hate mr wonderful mourinho, mr i am bigger than any club myself lol! ............

Unfair Lew, I don't think anyone 'hates' Warnock, he's just not seen as an improvement on Redknapp. Ask yourself honestly, do you believe that Warnock has that 'little something extra' that would see us going that bit further than we already are?

Granted other 'unknowns' have done it before, 'Man who sucks Lemons' being a prime example, but Warnock isn't exactly an unknown quantity is he?

My honest opinion is that he is a great motivator ....................

And that is it.

Even Lought has been derogatory about the Football QPR play. Long ball Football is what he knows, he played it with Sheffield Utd and he does the same with QPR. The Taarabt cameo's have done nothing more than camouflage that trait. He'll get found out when they come up and I believe they'll get hammered on more than one occasion.

Not for me mate, there's much better out there.

Lought has been derogatory about most things ion, mainly harry all season and praising of taarabt who warnock had the foresight to get in when no one else was interested, but he gives no credit to warnock for this at all , just blames harry and levy for letting taarabt go.

But yeah point taken about the long ball, and i actually think qpr will do ok and finish mid table with warnock, but it remains to be seen ?

I have said my worry with warnock is what contacts he has for tranfers in the higher echelon ? and what he would do with £50 mill for a transfer budget, he might end up the next roy hodgson..out of his depth with a big club.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed May 11 2011, 22:38

lewspurs wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    totalytot wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:

To tell the honest truth baz ! i preferred coyle, but i didnt like that 5-0 against stoke, something went wrong for coyle that day and probably would if he ever became spurs manager.

Warnock is passionate, he would moan the same way wenger and ferguson do at poor decisions made by the ref, and that is what you blokes have been on about lately that harry doesnt voice up enough.

My only concern is that warnock wouldnt have the right contacts for a £50 million transfer budget, but he couldnt do any worse than harry has this season in the transfer stakes.

So you think we only need somebody who screams at the officials and that makes him a good manager. Warnock screams and shouts because he likes the sound of his own voice not because he's any good.

The guys an absolute waste of space and will be found out in the prem next season as will Tarabt.

Mikey M

Read my posts correctly mike , dont attribute things to me that i havent said, its some of the posters on here that say we need a manager that rants and raves wenger and ferguson fashion at wrong decisions , bad tackles etc etc, i was pointing out with warnock they would get that.

Funny that he,s a waste of space and yet his team has walked the championship all season, but of course he is such a bad manager that we all must be hallucinating.

I dont have to be careful mike, its my opinion that the bloke is good at his job , he,s really unproven with a club with any money to throw around and that would be my only concern with him really.

If you look at his prem record with sheff utd, that he almost kept them up, and the circumstances behind their relegation, ie that liverpool fielded a weakened side against also relegation threatened fulham, and the west ham debacle with ineligible players...thats his only prem record as far as i know.

Its funny how people hate warnock because he does have a lot to say for himself, yet they dont hate mr wonderful mourinho, mr i am bigger than any club myself lol! ............

Unfair Lew, I don't think anyone 'hates' Warnock, he's just not seen as an improvement on Redknapp. Ask yourself honestly, do you believe that Warnock has that 'little something extra' that would see us going that bit further than we already are?

Granted other 'unknowns' have done it before, 'Man who sucks Lemons' being a prime example, but Warnock isn't exactly an unknown quantity is he?

And that is it.

Even Lought has been derogatory about the Football QPR play. Long ball Football is what he knows, he played it with Sheffield Utd and he does the same with QPR. The Taarabt cameo's have done nothing more than camouflage that trait. He'll get found out when they come up and I believe they'll get hammered on more than one occasion.

Lought has been derogatory about most things ion, mainly harry all season and praising of taarabt who warnock had the foresight to get in when no one else was interested, but he gives no credit to warnock for this at all , just blames harry and levy for letting taarabt go.

But yeah point taken about the long ball, and i actually think qpr will do ok and finish mid table with warnock, but it remains to be seen ?

I have said my worry with warnock is what contacts he has for tranfers in the higher echelon ? and what he would do with £50 mill for a transfer budget, he might end up the next roy hodgson..out of his depth with a big club.

And there's the rub mate. He finds himself out of his depth, we end up floundering in the relegation mire ..............

And the Vultures pick off all our brightest talent because the club is basically saying that they'd rather gamble on Warnock getting it right than bring in a manager who has been there, done that and bought the T shirt.

Yes, I know the same could be said for Coyle too, which is why my first choice will always be Jose. I couldn't give a sh*t about his ego, it's his ability to win titles that has my focus.

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 22:52

i watched a lot of qpr. as much as i repesct warnock for puttin faith in adel i still find them boring to watch. when he or roughledge dont have the ball then they dont look like scoring.

plus there set up is so defensive

i cant see them staying up next season because there strikers or rubbish and there defence aint great. they will need to bring in a lot of good players

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 00:17

ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    totalytot wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:

Mikey M

And that is it.

And there's the rub mate. He finds himself out of his depth, we end up floundering in the relegation mire ..............

And the Vultures pick off all our brightest talent because the club is basically saying that they'd rather gamble on Warnock getting it right than bring in a manager who has been there, done that and bought the T shirt.

Yes, I know the same could be said for Coyle too, which is why my first choice will always be Jose. I couldn't give a sh*t about his ego, it's his ability to win titles that has my focus.

Thats a dream ion ! mourinho wont ever come to spurs, the club isnt big enough for him, he will always go to giants, and as much as we like to see ourselves in that bracket, we aint, we are the tier below, we have the potential to be a giant in the world of football clubs but the truth is we are not.

As for warnock, everyone has him down as a failure and he isnt even being mentioned as a possible candidate for the harrys job, lol! only by me !

I reckon a load of warnock put you downs will be surprised next year,thats just my opinion, i aint going to argue over another prem teams manager and what he might achieve, thats for their club to worry about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21 2024, 01:16