The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest Empty Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 11 2011, 12:03

We can exclusively reveal that interest from Tottenham Hotspur has 'turned the head' of World player of the Year Lionel Messi.

It was believed that Messi, who has been with the Catalan giants from his early teens, was content to remain for the remainder of his career. Indeed, speculation about his future was not even on the horizon until this point.

Sources at Barcelona have revealed that Harry Redknapp rang Pep Guardiola, who is a personal friend of the North London club's manager, to discuss some young prospects and jokingly asked how much it wold cost to 'take Messi off his hands'. Guardiola was then heard to mention this to Messi during a lull in training where Messi was heard to reply, very seriously, 'Really?'

It turns out that Messi, like his father before him, is a huge Spurs fan following the tenure of Ardiles and Villa, players that Messi's father worshipped. Further to this, the Messi family felt that Spurs were a deeply honourable club following their treatment of both players during the war with Argentina.

Messi, it is believed, is seriously considering a move to Spurs as it would 'be the proudest moment of my Father's life to see me play for the club he loves above all others outside of Argentina.'

It is also believed that he would be prepared to drop his wage demands in order to play for the North London Giants.

Sources close to the star have revealed that he has stated that Barca's asking price may be a stumbling block, but that Spurs and Barca may be able to work a deal where the star returns to the Catalans at a return reduction.

Negotiations are believed to be at an early stage but are underway nonetheless.

Got this from my Nephew who lives and works in Barcelona. Even my Dad, who lives near Valencia, has heard this on the grapevine. Apparently it's the biggest rumour flying around Spain at the moment.

Told you I had a good feeling about this window.

Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest Empty Re: Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 17:07

ionman34 wrote:
    We can exclusively reveal that interest from Tottenham Hotspur has 'turned the head' of World player of the Year Lionel Messi.

It was believed that Messi, who has been with the Catalan giants from his early teens, was content to remain for the remainder of his career. Indeed, speculation about his future was not even on the horizon until this point.

Sources at Barcelona have revealed that Harry Redknapp rang Pep Guardiola, who is a personal friend of the North London club's manager, to discuss some young prospects and jokingly asked how much it wold cost to 'take Messi off his hands'. Guardiola was then heard to mention this to Messi during a lull in training where Messi was heard to reply, very seriously, 'Really?'

It turns out that Messi, like his father before him, is a huge Spurs fan following the tenure of Ardiles and Villa, players that Messi's father worshipped. Further to this, the Messi family felt that Spurs were a deeply honourable club following their treatment of both players during the war with Argentina.

Messi, it is believed, is seriously considering a move to Spurs as it would 'be the proudest moment of my Father's life to see me play for the club he loves above all others outside of Argentina.'

It is also believed that he would be prepared to drop his wage demands in order to play for the North London Giants.

Sources close to the star have revealed that he has stated that Barca's asking price may be a stumbling block, but that Spurs and Barca may be able to work a deal where the star returns to the Catalans at a return reduction.

Negotiations are believed to be at an early stage but are underway nonetheless.

Got this from my Nephew who lives and works in Barcelona. Even my Dad, who lives near Valencia, has heard this on the grapevine. Apparently it's the biggest rumour flying around Spain at the moment.

Told you I had a good feeling about this window.

Dont know about a good feeling ion, more like feeling the arms of the men in white coats slipping a straitjacket on you.

Good joke post ion. Smile
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest Empty Re: Messi Head Turned by Spurs Interest

Post by cstmrsking Sat Jun 11 2011, 20:39

lol. Very Well Written.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:46

Why would we want Messi when we have Crouchinio . . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:25

Because he's better.

And besides, Messi wants us, not the other way around.

I'm sure we'll be able to fit him in somewhere.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12 2011, 03:49

lol ion what was you drinking last night lol.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 12 2011, 06:26

I think you'll find ion is speaking tongue in cheek Lought lol.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12 2011, 08:41

ohhh rite loll damm

messi and jenas in the middle lol. poor jenas would get all the stick if we didnt win ...
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jun 12 2011, 12:29

Why all the disbelief guys? Is it because you haven't seen a corroborative report in the 'meeja?'

Are you catching my drift now? I'm illustrating a point here, if the self same story came out in the Mail or The Sun et al, we'd still have the mild guffaws but we'd also have the 'there's no smoke without fire' merchants and everyone else would secretly be hoping that it was true, despite the fact that it is a clear fabrication.

The only difference between a red top report and my one is that they sell their bullsh*t officially.

The funny thing here is that, despite everything that I've written here, I'll still have replies stating that there has to be some truth in the reports on Modric, all this despite the fact that the quotations used in these 'reports' are weeks old, taken out of context and have been recycled constantly.

To date, the only official reports showing concrete bids, wrt Spurs, are the offers that WE have put in for Strikers.

The point I'm trying to illustrate here is not that I have a vivid imagination, but that the 'meeja' do and that their reports should be treated in the same manner as mine was.

Laughed off.

Because the Chairman and Manager have both PUBLICLY declared that NONE OF OUR STARS WILL BE SOLD.

Just how much more reassurance do you chaps need?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 12 2011, 21:36

I get your point ion but we just love discussing all the latest stories going around. I think we know most of them don't have any substance but it's something to chat about in the long hot Summer months. It's like we always say isn't it. Until it is on the official website don't believe a word of it. We are however, spurs supporters and we like to scan the papers for every bit of doom and gloom going lol. What will be will be and I agree mate 99% of it is probably Bollox but there might be that one time when it is true.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12 2011, 22:07

I knew you were making a point about transfer rubbish ion, you should have waited a little longer after your modric posts and a few might have fallen for it. jocolor
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Jun 12 2011, 23:45

Oh you mean its not true Shocked

Was a fun read all the same and we all know deep down that even if in the most unlikely event Messi signed for Spurs this summer stupid Stupid 2 stupid 3 bob silly
    Harry will take one look at his short legs and bench him for it or even loan him out and then come out with one of his quotes,,,"Im trying to get in proven premeirship quality but I suppose we will just have to get on with what we got"
    tongue 2
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jun 12 2011, 23:51

BazSpur wrote:I get your point ion but we just love discussing all the latest stories going around. I think we know most of them don't have any substance but it's something to chat about in the long hot Summer months. It's like we always say isn't it. Until it is on the official website don't believe a word of it. We are however, spurs supporters and we like to scan the papers for every bit of doom and gloom going lol. What will be will be and I agree mate 99% of it is probably Bollox but there might be that one time when it is true.

There might be the one time that it is true Baz, but every report that is detrimental to Spurs is swallowed whole every time. Almost constantly we see posts on here about 'meeja' bullsh*t, swiftly followed by a rant about how this player is a mercenary cnut and that manager should be saying this, or our Chairman should be blah, blah, blah ad infinitum ..............

Then our Chairman makes exactly the statements that we demand, our manager says exactly what we want to hear and the player states that he is content with us.

But they're all liars!

I'm sorry mate but you're wrong. There is no 'discussion', rather a scream fest denouncing our club without the slightest provocation. It's a lynch mob mentality, mob justice where you're guilty until proven innocent.

And even being proven innocent only results in begrudging acceptance. But the damage is already done and the mob is just waiting for the slightest reason to turn on player/manager/Chairman for self justification, whether it be the next bullsh*t soundbite the hacks print, or the next drop in form the player or team has.

Mate, I fully understand the emotion that the Beautiful game engenders, FFS I've lived my entire life with it, but that doesn't mean I throw all logic aside because of it. I'm on here regularly discussing just about everything and anything and I like to think I discuss it all with logic to back my arguments and assertions.

If I can do it then why not everyone else? I'm not special, I'm not intellectually superior to anyone on here but I put my points across with logic that few refute.

Why then is the logic ignored whenever the next installment of rag cack comes to print?

Am I the only one on here that understands that all the press is doing is playing on the fears of the mob? It feels like it at times.

My little piece was to provoke a reaction that got people THINKING about the emotional attachment they have to a story, whether it be real or imagined.

And be honest with me mate, didn't it cross your mind, even for a fleeting moment, that there might be a grain of truth in it? Because you want it to be so?

The same is true for the Modric stories, they are believed because we FEAR it may be so. Dissect the stories and you'll see the inconsistencies, the rehashed quotes and how they are taken out of context to provoke fear and longing.

Imagine if my piece made its way into a rag in Spain. Mostly it would be laughed off but the vocal minority would be out there screaming Blue murder that their prized asset was looking for a move.

All from a bullsh*t story made up in a 5 minute giggle.

That is f*cked up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:37