The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Modric Breaking News. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Modric Breaking News. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Modric Breaking News. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Modric Breaking News. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Modric Breaking News. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Modric Breaking News. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Modric Breaking News. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Modric Breaking News. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Modric Breaking News. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Modric Breaking News. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
DJSR
BazSpur
6 posters

Modric Breaking News.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Modric Breaking News. Empty Modric Breaking News.

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 07 2011, 06:12

Sky sports News.......... Daniel levy: Luka modric understands he will not be sold!!

Full story to follow.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Modric Breaking News. Empty Re: Modric Breaking News.

Post by DJSR Thu Jul 07 2011, 06:51

Lets hope so, just saw it on SSN, modric at London airport, i just need more confirmation.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 07 2011, 06:58

Hmmmm I agree DJ. Someone on facebook reckons Levy is being very clever. He didn't elaborate so not sure what the poster meant. Apparently Levy held a 40 minute meeting with Modric and that was levy's statement at the end of the meeting. I am sure we will know soon enough.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Jul 07 2011, 08:10

Levy leaving WHL, told reporter that Luka Modric would not be sold. Reporter 'so Luka is happy to stay at WHL?' Levy ' yes and as soon as he get back with his team mate he will be more than happy. Reporter 'What if Chelsea come in with a bigger offer?' Levy ' makes no difference its not about the money we are not selling our best players!!! THATS PROOF ENOUGH FOR ME MEN!

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 08:25

Tottenham will swoop for Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole if Luka Modric quits for Chelsea.
    Full story: Talksport

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

If you tried to sell this type of male bovine excretia to a soap opera they'd kick your sorry butt out the door . . . .

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 08:35

From the BBC website . . . . . .

By Phil McNulty
    Chief football writer

Tottenham's Luka Modric has been told by his chairman Daniel Levy that he is not up for sale.

The 25-year-old recently hinted he would welcome a move to Chelsea, who have had a £22m bid for him rejected.

Asked after his meeting with Modric what would happen if the Blues increased their bid, Levy told Sky Sports News: "It would make no difference.

"This is not about money, we're not selling our best players."

Before Modric flew to London for the talks, Croatian journalists asked him about Chelsea's interest.

"Anything is possible," he replied
    But after their meeting Levy said: "Everything was fine, we had a very good conversation and - as I said previously - Luka Modric will not be sold.

"It's the end of it. As I said a few weeks ago, there's no further discussion on it. He was on holiday, we've now had the conversation and he understands our position. I'm sure once he's back with his team-mates everything will be fine."

While Chelsea and Manchester United retain their interest in him, Spurs' hard-line stance means the onus is now on Modric to either formally ask for a transfer or stay at White Hart Lane.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has supported Levy's insistence that Modric would not be sold, describing Chelsea's bid as "farcical".

Levy was infuriated that Chelsea's offer became public, saying prior to Wednesday's talks: "I wish to make it absolutely clear, as I have said previously, that none of our key players will be sold this summer.

"We are building a team for the future to consistently play at the highest level and retaining quality players is crucial to that.

"In respect of Luka Modric, we are not prepared to sell, at any price, to Chelsea or any other club. We made our stance on this issue abundantly clear in writing to Chelsea. They chose to ignore it and then subsequently made the offer public."

Modric, who joined Spurs from Dinamo Zabreb in 2008, signed a six-year contract in May 2010 and there have been suggestions that an improved deal could be on the table in an attempt to persuade him to stay at White Hart Lane.

LUKA MODRIC - STORY SO FAR
    In four years as a Dinamo Zagreb regular Modric is a key figure in three league titles and two Croatian Cup wins.
    • Makes his international debut in 2006 and goes on to become a key figure in the Croatian side, impressing in the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign which saw Croatia twice beat England.
    • Joins Tottenham in April 2008 for £16.6m.
    • Misses four months of 2009/10 season with broken leg but returns to help Spurs qualify for the Champions League.
    • Wins Spurs player of the year the following season, during which he signs a new six-year contract.
    • In an interview with Croatian newspaper Jutarnji List in June, Modric says: "A transfer is possible."
    • Chelsea reportedly bid £22m for him. While Spurs manager Harry Redknapp dismisses the offer as "ridiculous" Modric admits he would like to move to Stamford Bridge.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 07 2011, 08:43

That sounds like an old story Vis. They were quoting stories from 2 weeks ago on News Now one day this week.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 07 2011, 08:46

I meant the one before your last post lol.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jul 07 2011, 10:06

Whats this luka understands he won't be sold lol
    Great now ion can say " i told you so " lol!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jul 07 2011, 16:53

silly Told you so. silly

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

You weren't wrong Lobo, this is great fun!
    lol!
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Jul 07 2011, 17:15

From Levys body language when asked does Luka want to say u can tell he still wants to go i think he said your staying whether u rot in the reserves or not im the boss your not little luka do as your told young man lol something tells me this isnt over yet crystalball. Just hope now flabby goes to Barca Nasri goes to Man Utd and Wilshire goes to jail LOL
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Jul 07 2011, 17:18

Just hope now flabby goes to Barca Nasri goes to Man Utd and Wilshire goes to jail LOL

lmao . Nice 1 Mark, set me up for the day that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 17:40