The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
MarkA249
DJSR
6 posters

Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0:

Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: Empty Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0:

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17 2011, 03:22

Lebese's last-gasp strike sinks Spurs

Tottenham's pre-season tour of South Africa started with defeat as George Lebese scored a stoppage-time winner for Kaizer Chiefs at the Peter Mokaba Stadium in Polokwane.
    Both sides had their share of chances, with the hosts dominating the first half and Spurs getting back into the match after several changes at the break, but a stalemate was on the cards until the last-gasp winner.

Chance to shine: David Bentley was given a rare run-out
    Spurs had an early scare when Tom Huddlestone went down injured in the first minute, but the midfielder was fit to continue after treatment.
    Siphiwe Tshabalala twice went close for Chiefs in the opening 15 minutes, while Lehlohonolo Majoro could have opened the scoring on two occasions as Tottenham were placed under heavy pressure before the break.
    Harry Redknapp made seven changes for the second period and two of the reinforcements, Gareth Bale and Peter Crouch almost combined to put their side ahead, the England striker only denied by a superb save.

Early scare: Tom Huddlestone recovered after treatment
    Bale had his chances of his own to put Spurs on the scoreboard, twice missing from tight angles before a 90th-minute volley drew another smart stop.
    That left Lebese to steal the limelight moments later when he finished off a quick counter to secure the win.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2015448/Kaizer-Chiefs-1-Tottenham-0--Lebeses-gasp-strike-sinks-Spurs.html#ixzz1SHnFaUEN
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0: Empty Re: Kaizer Chiefs 1 Tottenham 0:

Post by DJSR Sun Jul 17 2011, 03:28

i watched the game, most boring game i've ever seen, nearly fell asleep, we created Zilch chances, and once again the strikeforce failed just like last season. Time to get rid of the deadwood and bring in some fresh new players before the new season starts !
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Jul 17 2011, 04:58

Watched it too dull as ditchwater i know its first game but come on Pav though he was still on a beach with Loughts cock- tail in his hand good save from keeper from Crouch header Bale tried when he came on but a lot of deadwood
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Jul 17 2011, 06:41

i am already resigned to another mediocre season ahead. until enic and joe lewis start treating spurs as a big club we will never progress. i genuinely believe now that they are happy with the way its going with a healthy turnover buisness. shareholder profits ok, why upset the applecart with a few risks on big player signings.its just a good buisness to them and it wont change for them to inject us to the next level. they can say all they like about not selling our best players but even if they stay this season do you think it will be any different next season while all our best players see the top four winning it all and getting stronger of course they will want to move, they dont support spurs its just a job. i will be there till i cant go anymore but just cant see any light at end of tunnel.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Sun Jul 17 2011, 06:54

Scary, how poor we were, 4 years ago we walked through this tournament and had a crap season. Pav looked like a greedy pub team player. not a good performance on the park. lets hope it's a wake up call as it is the first game of the pre season.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Jul 17 2011, 10:08

I think we have to take in to account no manager was present , modric wasn't even on the bench, this is a no nothing tour we could do without to be honest, i wouldn't read to much into the result.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17 2011, 17:50

kaiser cheifs who are they i thut they were a pop band lol

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18 2011, 06:30

pav greedy lol did you not seel bale, he was worse.
    crouch didnt even touch the ball..

but you lot are forgettin this is our 1st pre season game so why so negative. the goons drew 1 1 with sum uknown team.

what worrys me again is harry in the paper talking about all the big singings. yet we made none
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 18 2011, 06:54

I really don't think you can read too much into a friendly TBH. I remember a few seasons ago we had a great pre-season and won almost every game and beat some good teams. Spurs supporters said it looked promising for a great season. When the season proper started we were sh*t.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18 2011, 09:29

exactley baz. we won every game that pre season then 6 points from 12 games and its bye bye ramos
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jul 18 2011, 09:36

BazSpur wrote:I really don't think you can read too much into a friendly TBH. I remember a few seasons ago we had a great pre-season and won almost every game and beat some good teams. Spurs supporters said it looked promising for a great season. When the season proper started we were sh*t.

Preseason results really don't mean nothing .

I remember a couple seasons go i saw UTD getting thumped in a preseason game in the states and they came back and went on to win the league, its just to get to fitness levels up...

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18 2011, 17:54

Loughtonlegend wrote:pav greedy lol did you not seel bale, he was worse.
    crouch didnt even touch the ball..

but you lot are forgettin this is our 1st pre season game so why so negative. the goons drew 1 1 with sum uknown team.

what worrys me again is harry in the paper talking about all the big singings. yet we made none
    i predict a riot lought lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 00:52