The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham"

Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" Empty Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham"

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18 2011, 18:34

by Ryan Rosenblatt on Jul 17, 2011 10:30 PM BST in Real Actual News.

Lost in the Luka Modric drama is the rest of the Tottenham team and specifically what the team is going to do with its stable of strikers. Pretty much everyone agrees that Spurs need a new, top-notch striker who is capable of playing along up top, but to get that striker funds need to be raised with a couple sales. One of those sales will have to be a striker to make room for whoever comes in and Roman Pavlyuchenko has been the popular candidate to be shipped out.

Selling Pavlyuchenko makes sense. He has a decent reputation internationally so he can be sold anywhere in Europe, not just England. He can bring back a decent fee and he's not on the greatest of terms with Harry Redknapp. He's also been a bit of a curious character with Spurs, maybe asking for a move on a few occasions and never seeming intensely engaged in a match. That makes his agent Oleg Artemov's most recent statement unexpected.

"We haven't talked about Roman's future with Tottenham yet," Artemov told Sovetskiy Sport. "The team is in South Africa at the moment and then we'll negotiate about his contract extension. We don't care about any other offers because Roman wants to stay in London, his heart belongs to Tottenham."

I believe that Pav's future has not been talked about. I can guarantee you that the team is in South Africa and that he would like to discuss a contract extension. I even believe he wants to stay in London, but his heart belongs to Tottenham? Really, Pav? I think so, and that's perfectly fine. I'm not an idealist that believes every player has to bleed for the badge. Pav (and more accurately your agent), you don't need to pretend that he would die for the club. Just work hard and maybe sprint every once in a while. Thanks

http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" Empty Re: Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham"

Post by shearspur Mon Jul 18 2011, 20:39

bet utd chelsea and city are gutted to hear that. not

Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham" Empty Re: Roman Pavlyuchenko's "Heart Lies With Tottenham"

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 03:46

ye well 50 mill torres is doing well for the chavs.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Jul 19 2011, 04:17

torres looked unfit last season. I know who i would rather have out the two of them, bet he gets more than pav this season

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 04:35

with chelsea midefield yea right lol

pav been our top scorer for the past 2 season and half and has scored come amazing goals.

torres has been unfit for ages now yet has played loads of games.
    pav spends most hes time on the bench and stil scores
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Jul 19 2011, 05:46

This does not make sense to me. Ryan Rosenblatt states that selling Pav makes sense as he has a decent reputation internationally so he can be sold anywhere in Europe, not just England and he can bring back a decent fee. What does make sense to me is this is the kind of player we should be keeping, decent reputation internationally, can be sold anywhere in Europe, it seems to me Rosenblatt think's very highly of Pav so why talk about getting rid of him and then us keeping a player who does not have a great reputation internationally, and would find it hard to find a club in Europe and England unless they were the likes of Swansea, Fulham or Wolves. Yes I am talking about Crouch here and in all honesty I would be gutted should Pav go and we are stuck with Crouch. This does not mean that I think Pav is one of the greatest forwards we have had, but compared to Crouch he is a much better player, and yes, there is room for improvement where as with Crouch I honestly do not think he has much more to offer, he gives his all when he plays, no doubt about it, but I just do not think his all is good enough to warrant us keeping him. But he will still be here while Harry is here because Harry likes him and that is far more important to Harry than keeping a player that does show some sign's of quality.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12 2024, 10:56