The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Doom and Gloom merchants. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Doom and Gloom merchants. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Doom and Gloom merchants. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Doom and Gloom merchants. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Doom and Gloom merchants. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Doom and Gloom merchants. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Doom and Gloom merchants. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Doom and Gloom merchants. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Doom and Gloom merchants. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Doom and Gloom merchants. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
Boltjean
ArnieArdiles
LOBO
BazSpur
shearspur
9 posters

Doom and Gloom merchants.

Doom and Gloom merchants. Empty No need to panic.............

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 20:56

yet ! harry has always kept things close to his chest when dealing in the transfer market, you wont get new players by telling everyone who you are after.
    I still think a few new faces will come in, whether its players posters on here want is another matter because anyone of any ability are being eyed by other clubs , liverpool for one are rebuilding.
    Harry didnt do too bad with gallas last season, i hate to think what we would have done without him due to king and woodgate being injured, and bassong just not good enough.
    I think its time to trust harry, (cough)(cough) and see what occurs over the next few weeks.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Doom and Gloom merchants. Empty Re: Doom and Gloom merchants.

Post by shearspur Wed Jul 20 2011, 21:55

theres nothing we can do but "trust harry" is there. we all saw what was needed last jan though but it didnt happen, and i believe we would have got 4th, it was there for the takin imo. nothing we say on here will influence levy or harry so its all up to them, but it does make you anxious seeing all our rivals rebuilding / strengthening while we seem to be clock watching. we will see, not panicking just yet lew.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 20 2011, 22:10

Doom and Gloom merchants. Empty Doom and Gloom merchants.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21 2011, 02:02

You know i am really amazed at the doom and gloom because we arent signing anyone at the moment.
    What short memories some of us have on here at the moment because our league form suffered in the light of a great first tilt at the cl.
    Well we aint got cl this coming season, just the europa, which as i understand is going to be used to play a lot of fringe players.........so doesnt this mean the main men just have the prem to concentrate on.?
    There will no doubt be a few new faces coming in, but personally i dont expect that to happen until early august or even nearer the new season kicking off.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jul 21 2011, 02:14

Lol Baz Repped , i thought exactly the same thing when i saw the thread :P
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Jul 21 2011, 02:16

Im really amazed as to how many threads you start on the same subject matter lol

I mean, what you have said here couldnt you have said it in reply to Shearspur on your 'Dont Panic' thread after all he did take the time to respond to you there ?....

scratch
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jul 21 2011, 02:18

were all doomed :P
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 21 2011, 03:45

Lol, cheers Lobs.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 21 2011, 03:47

Haha, you beat me to it this time Lobs. Repped.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21 2011, 03:55

No need to panic just yet as the transfer window hasn't closed. Yes we have a strong squad but we certainly need fresh fire-power upfront and cover in defence. We also need to get any players in to start acclimatising and gelling in with the rest of squad. I'm also not sure how we stand with the anoucement of the 25 squad members at the start of the season. How many weeks away now ? The deadwood from the squad also needs to be trimmed. What is concerning me is that the players coming in so far seem to be cheap options. Fridel at 40 on a free when we could have had Shay Given (just as good, possibly better) at 35 on a 5 year contract taking him to the same age as Friedel is now, for £5M. An unknown, untested African youngster for £1M when we could have had Connor Wickham - who has played at the level below the PL in the Championship and scored goals - for £8M. 2 players who, in my humble opinion, would have added more to next season then the 2 we have and who would be in Sarf Afrika with the squad right now . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21 2011, 04:21

[quote="ArnieArdiles"]Im really amazed as to how many threads you start on the same subject matter lol

I mean, what you have said here couldnt you have said it in reply to Shearspur on your 'Dont Panic' thread after all he did take the time to respond to you there ?....

scratch [/quote

Certainly arnie, you are right, but it also does apply to those posters claiming the same thing that we arent buying anyone and the new season is four weeks off yet, take a look at the various threads on the transfer front, and i have hardly posted much in weeks and only now out of boredom.
    Apologies anyway. ! Smile and i do get your point.
    Oh just to mention i am glad that the dont panic thread started off a few laughs, i did have corporal jones in mind when i wrote it.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Jul 21 2011, 04:49

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ArnieArdiles wrote:Im really amazed as to how many threads you start on the same subject matter lol

scratch [/quote

Certainly arnie, you are right, but it also does apply to those posters claiming the same thing that we arent buying anyone and the new season is four weeks off yet, take a look at the various threads on the transfer front, and i have hardly posted much in weeks and only now out of boredom.
    Apologies anyway. ! Smile and i do get your point.
    Oh just to mention i am glad that the dont panic thread started off a few laughs, i did have corporal jones in mind when i wrote it.

Its okay Lew I dont mean to come across as picky cos I'm sure we've done this before lol

It's just sometimes I get confused with what is said , by whom in what thread and what Ive said in what thread too ...Sometimes does my head in eyes

Yes' you're right, multiple threads on the transfer and other subjects too....

Take the Luka transfer saga for instance ...Almost four new threads daily on the subject when it was at it's height and no doubt there will be more if and when the saga kicks off again .....

I actually skipped on debating Modric to Chavs on here as I just found it so much easier debating it on other forums, where if I were not able to get time on the comp for a day or so , I could quite easily pick it up again because they had just the one thread ....Any new threads opened up on the same subject were soon pounced on by the mods and locked ...

Continuous threads for me, makes for far better debate but then that's probably just me on here, because as you say, others here are also doing it too...

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Jul 21 2011, 04:53

Not easy to find anything to write about is it Lew. I know I am not going to spell this right Lew, but how is your tinitus, is that right?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21 2011, 08:28

Boltjean wrote: Not easy to find anything to write about is it Lew. I know I am not going to spell this right Lew, but how is your tinitus, is that right?

Thanks for asking len ! i have been to hell and back, sleep has been badly affected, and been off work for weeks now.
    Sometimes in the night when its at its worse (quiet of night) i feel like i am going insane, hopefully now i am learning to live with it but its so hard, each day is a battle, but seasoned sufferers tell me thats the norm for someone new to it.
    I have had all sorts of advice, that it could go within six months, been to accupuncture (useless) going for an mri scan next month, and then to see if the hearing is down in the right ear, a hearing aid might be fitted which may alleviate the tinnitus.
    Have talked to people that have had it for years, some say you get used to it, one chap has it so bad at times he has to take a very addictive drug to help get him through it when it flares up, i wont mention the drugs name but his doctor doesnt like him being prescribed it by ent, its as addictive as heroin with the same horrible withdrawal effects, hence he only uses it when he has to.
    I have a sound machine for when the house is very quiet, thats when it affects you the most and the brain magnifies the ringing, the sound machine plays natural sounds like rainfall, leaves blowing in the breeze, waves on a beach....etc etc, the wife says even on a lovely sunny day we have the machine playing rainfall, its funny but true.
    I am told it will settle down, so i live in hope.
    Thanks for asking len. all the best for a good season.
    Lew
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jul 21 2011, 20:37

Well those 'In the Know' over on Spurs Community are stating that there will be some big movement this weekend. The steady money is on Vucinic joining us, as the stars seem to be aligning there with Roma bringing in Bojan (allegedly). There is high confidence that we can do a deal on Adabadhairday too. This one will probably be a late window signing but I'd have that all day long as I don't think he'll take long to intergrate with us at all.
    The other possibility is Damiao. With Jo going over there, and Tevez a possibility, Inter need the money badly. When/if we get him, and how much for, remains to be seen, but I reckon they could well have given DL the Hump and lose out on transfer money rather than make extra.
    I reckon he'll be a January advent unless they get desperate for the money.

It also appears that the expectation of a 'left field' spectacular signing is on the cards. Lots of names being bandied around but nothing concrete. I've always had a good feeling about this window and still do. The young'uns we've brought in show we're still looking to the future and our sustainability, whilst DL hasn't panicked into splashing stupid money on average players. In this respect Dave is correct insofar as Liverpool are concerned, they have bought one single quality player in Suarez, everyone else they've paid massively over the top on. Look at it this way, we get Vucinic for 17 million then we've paid half Carrolls price for twice the player. Vucinic is effectively Berbatov with pace. We get him and I'll be well chuffed believe me.

We're going well because we're going sensibly. We anchor our first major signing (Vucinic) and the pressure is off giving the team more time to land another name. Rossi is far from done as it appears that Juve can't offer what he wants. An outside chance I'll concede but who saw VDV? He'll never win the title with Villareal ......... Ever ....... and Juve are way down the pecking order in Serie A. With the right strikers, THFC really do have a realistic chance at the title. If we can see it then he'll be able to too, especially as DL will be selling that to him in any talks, you can take that as Gospel.
    Then there's Aguero. Closet Spurs fan like his Father in Law (Maradona) and wants to play in the EPL. Yes, this is even more unlikely than Rossi but he may not want to go to Citeh, particularly if Tevez has been chirping in his ear.

And Falcao is still not out of the picture either.

My personal opinion? Vucinic in with Adabad. Citeh will want to offload him and, if Real don't take him, his next choice is us, his own words too.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 21 2011, 21:24

Could Ade's wages be a problem though ion? DL will never pay 175000 per week and will Ade take a pay cut?
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Jul 21 2011, 21:34

If we get him on loan it appears the deal would be to pay half his wage.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 21 2011, 21:39

So at the end of the loan period he would ether go back to City or be sold by them? We need a striker who is going to stay. On the flip side if he turns out to be rubbish or starts upsetting players we can give him back lol.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Jul 21 2011, 21:45

Cunning plan eh.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jul 21 2011, 22:31

BazSpur wrote:Could Ade's wages be a problem though ion? DL will never pay 175000 per week and will Ade take a pay cut?

I don't think so Baz. I believe he's already stated that he'd accept a lesser wage and, if we can get him on loan, the wage is subsidised. Citeh might not like paying him 100K a week to play for us, but if no one else comes in for him it's better than paying him 175K a week to sit at Home hey?

I think this is a no brainer. Adabad comes to Spurs, sees the unity in the squad, has fun scoring goals, REALLY wants to stay so he drops his wage demands and we agree a fee with Citeh 'cos they have too many players. Of course we'd have to negotiate first refusal and they might try to scupper us by asking stupid money, but that's a problem for another day.

Right now, get him on board and scoring goals.

Incidentally, Mata is now up for sale and Robben has been mentioned as a possibility.

Left field signings ne-c'est-pas?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 21 2011, 22:58

ne-c'est-pas had to google that to see what it meant lol. Yes mate..................... it is.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22 2011, 00:28

Guys, I've had a go at merging threads here to see if it works. 2 very similar topics (this one & the Don't Panic thread- both by Lew) so to keep the intrest going & try to save people jumping from one to another thought I would see how it works. All feed back will be greatfully recieved. Thanx peeps flowers . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 22 2011, 00:41

Well, it worked Vis lol.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Jul 22 2011, 08:34

ionman34 wrote:
    Well those 'In the Know' over on Spurs Community are stating that there will be some big movement this weekend. The steady money is on Vucinic joining us, as the stars seem to be aligning there with Roma bringing in Bojan (allegedly). There is high confidence that we can do a deal on Adabadhairday too. This one will probably be a late window signing but I'd have that all day long as I don't think he'll take long to intergrate with us at all.
    The other possibility is Damiao. With Jo going over there, and Tevez a possibility, Inter need the money badly. When/if we get him, and how much for, remains to be seen, but I reckon they could well have given DL the Hump and lose out on transfer money rather than make extra.
    I reckon he'll be a January advent unless they get desperate for the money.

It also appears that the expectation of a 'left field' spectacular signing is on the cards. Lots of names being bandied around but nothing concrete. I've always had a good feeling about this window and still do. The young'uns we've brought in show we're still looking to the future and our sustainability, whilst DL hasn't panicked into splashing stupid money on average players. In this respect Dave is correct insofar as Liverpool are concerned, they have bought one single quality player in Suarez, everyone else they've paid massively over the top on. Look at it this way, we get Vucinic for 17 million then we've paid half Carrolls price for twice the player. Vucinic is effectively Berbatov with pace. We get him and I'll be well chuffed believe me.

We're going well because we're going sensibly. We anchor our first major signing (Vucinic) and the pressure is off giving the team more time to land another name. Rossi is far from done as it appears that Juve can't offer what he wants. An outside chance I'll concede but who saw VDV? He'll never win the title with Villareal ......... Ever ....... and Juve are way down the pecking order in Serie A. With the right strikers, THFC really do have a realistic chance at the title. If we can see it then he'll be able to too, especially as DL will be selling that to him in any talks, you can take that as Gospel.
    Then there's Aguero. Closet Spurs fan like his Father in Law (Maradona) and wants to play in the EPL. Yes, this is even more unlikely than Rossi but he may not want to go to Citeh, particularly if Tevez has been chirping in his ear.

And Falcao is still not out of the picture either.

My personal opinion? Vucinic in with Adabad. Citeh will want to offload him and, if Real don't take him, his next choice is us, his own words too.

You know Ion I read every day all the players other clubs are signing and we don't and I get very fed up.I hear of the players we are interested in but nothing happens. We go on tour and we are playing Keane and Bentley and we get beat. I think we are not only not buying but we can't seem to be able to sell either.

Then I read your post and you know what, I feel like everything is going to be all right it really cheered me up.
    probably 80% wont' happen but it reads OK to me.

Mikey M
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jul 23 2011, 15:17

VisionarySound wrote:Guys, I've had a go at merging threads here to see if it works. 2 very similar topics (this one & the Don't Panic thread- both by Lew) so to keep the intrest going & try to save people jumping from one to another thought I would see how it works. All feed back will be greatfully recieved. Thanx peeps flowers . . . . .

Well done Vis ...Impressive work , worthy of the rep!

Ha Ha Lew you've been Merked, I mean Merged
    bom

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:46