The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
Boltjean
ArnieArdiles
LOBO
BazSpur
shearspur
9 posters

Doom and Gloom merchants.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 Empty Re: Doom and Gloom merchants.

Post by BazSpur Sat Jul 23 2011, 23:00

Haha, the end of duplicate threads.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24 2011, 23:05

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Guys, I've had a go at merging threads here to see if it works. 2 very similar topics (this one & the Don't Panic thread- both by Lew) so to keep the intrest going & try to save people jumping from one to another thought I would see how it works. All feed back will be greatfully recieved. Thanx peeps flowers . . . . .

Well done Vis ...Impressive work , worthy of the rep!

Ha Ha Lew you've been Merked, I mean Merged
    bom

Ok with me ! i hope the same can be done with all the modric threads. Rolling Eyes
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 25 2011, 00:05

I am sure Vis is working on it LewDoom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 933444
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Jul 25 2011, 17:11

I really love reading your posts ion, i really do mate, they fill me with such optimism! I click onto a Thread titled "Doom and Gloom merchants" and i fear the worst...... till i read your post, your like a f*cking modern day William Wallace rallying the troops before we go into battle lol. Oh and the players you mentioned... well fingers crossed, heres to ya pal cheers 2
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Jul 25 2011, 21:57

Thank you Lee.

BUT HOLD ON! THEYERS MORE!!!!

A new ITK has appeared on SC and put the Cat amongst the Pigeons. Vucinic has, allegedly, turned down an offer already and his Chairman is stating he's done so because he wants to 'move abroad'. As he's already in Italy, it seems that it could be Juve he's turned down. I know Utd have been linked but can't see it myself as they have a glut of strikers. So Vucinic appears to still be a goer. I heard that the deal has stalled as Roma want the money up front but we want to pay in installments.

I don't often say this but HURRY THE f*ck UP DANNY!! I really want this bloke in a Spurs shirt.

Further news is that we are trawling around Germany for players. I know Robben has been mentioned but this appears to be a non starter as he's unlikely to take a marginal drop in wages let alone have them sliced in half.

Names we have been linked with are Huntelaar and Farfan. Huntelaar I'm not too sh*t hot on and, TBH, I know little or nothing about Farfan. Forlan has also been mentioned, possibly on a free. By all accounts he's had a great Copa America but he's 32 so I'm suss on this one.

What will make some of you happy is that we do have a warchest, to the tune of around 60 million allegedly, and the noises are that we'll be looking to use it on three signings, two at around the 10-15 mill mark and one marquee at around the 35 million mark.

Additionally, it appears that Hutton will be leaving us. I can't confirm this but apparently he was saying his goodbyes to team mates at the end of the SA tour.

Let me iterate to you guys that everything I'm telling you here is what I've read on the SC site. I'm about as far from 'In the Know' as it gets but thought you'd all appreciate knowing some of the rumours flying around on there and on COYS. A lot of the other posters think very highly of these ITKers as they've proven to be accurate in the past.

And BTW, DL is out of the Country at the moment .........................

Oh, one last thing, my operation has now been rescheduled to August 3rd.

Every time you have a fry up now Baz you'll think of me!

lmao lmao lmao
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 25 2011, 22:49

Haha, had one this morning ion bacon, fried egg and two toast wahed down with a cup of cofffee and wait for it............lashings of The Daily Mirror study.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jul 26 2011, 06:59

I hope Huntelar is a not starter Ion I really think he's one very over rated player. Moves around a lot and within a few games is benched he is worse than what we have already. I also know nothing about Farfan but I would like Mr Levy to get a hurry up for Vucinic. He does seem to be stalling a lot especially as the other teams have their new signings ot there in the friendly's.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26 2011, 08:49

i dont want hunterlar. now he is rubbish
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 Empty Are we panicking too early.

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 26 2011, 20:26

Are we panicking too early?

I've been reading so many comments on this site
    regarding how badly we are positioned ahead of the new season in
    comparison to other clubs....

So I thought I'd do a little look into this and found a slightly different picture appearing. Let`s start with the bad, Man Utd
    have added very quickly Ashley Young, Phil Jones and David De Gea and
    have shifted a few older players. But let`s be honest, are we seeing
    them as one of our main rivals? no.

Liverpool have added
    Henderson, Downing and Charlie Adam plus a back up keeper (Doni).
    However Dalglish has now said their spending is done until they sell
    some of their deadwood. I would say they do look good for next season
    but then again they have just lost 3-0 to Hull.

Man City
    have bought Clichy and seem to be on the road to buying Aguero but he
    is simply a replacement for the soon to be departing Carlos Tevez. You
    ask any City fan which they would rather have and Tevez would come up
    trumps every time. In terms of Sanchez, Pastore, they seem to be losing
    out to other clubs and so far they cannot shift their deadwood like
    Santa Cruz, SWP, Adebayor, Bridge etc... So not that good.

Arsenal
    are having a terrible summer, their best player keeps trying to go to
    Barca, they have a contract rebel on their hands in Nasri and they have
    sold Clichy, so far only Gervinho has been any kind of light in their
    torrid summer to date.

Then we have our best friends Chelski who
    although want our Modders have also not done any business despite all
    the links. They have Essien out for 6 months and still have a Torres who
    can't score for toffee.

As for the rest Everton
    have done nothing except block an Arsenal bid for Jagielka, Villa have
    lost their best two players and have a manager they hate with a passion
    and all the rest don't come near us in quality so don't really count.

All
    this tells me that if the season started tomorrow we would still have a
    strong squad with depth. We also have all our top players still at the
    club, a VDV looking very sharp, a Bale over his injuries and apart from
    Sandro all our other players are getting a full pre season.

So
    my question is although we are frustrated with our lack of actual bids
    for players and our inability to shift those who need to move on, at
    this point are we really any worse off than the rest of our rivals? my
    answer is not really, what`s yours?

Written by duffspur

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7509496#ixzz1TCZsdab4
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 Empty Just as an aside.

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 26 2011, 20:36

To a post I put up earlier "Are we panicking too early" If, I say if we didn't add to the squad this season. Would it really be the end of the World? Even without adding we would still have a squad a lot of teams would die for. Modric, VDV, Bale, Sandro, Ekotto, Dawson etc. 3 season's back we would have been ecstatic to have a team like we have got now. I think even without any additions we could still get 4th again but only if our strikers find some form.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26 2011, 20:40

No panic,, TRUST IN HARRY !!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jul 26 2011, 20:57

I see Nothing wrong with picnicking early

Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 Picnic10
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Jul 26 2011, 22:04

Good post Baz. Reading it, it looks as though United are out there on there own, they seem to get the player's they want all the time. Probably win the title again. As for the other's, City, Arsenal and Chelsea, they may not have done much in bringing in new faces to date, but imo still have good squads, they all finished above us last season and I can see no reason why they could not do so again. Perhaps if Modric was happy to stay and gave his all for the cause and we had a prolific, excuse my spelling, striker, I might say we could finish above the Arsenal, but for the moment I think 5th is all we can hope for. But who knows, perhaps in our wildest dreams, Harry is about to bring in a couple of players that may make all the difference and enable us to have a real go at knocking a couple of those clubs of their perch. I remember when Bill Nicholson went after players, it was all hush hush, the fan's did not know, the papers did not know, and all of a sudden we had the likes of Blanchflower, White, and Bill Brown etc signing for the club.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jul 26 2011, 22:34

BazSpur wrote:To a post I put up earlier "Are we panicking too early" If, I say if we didn't add to the squad this season. Would it really be the end of the World? Even without adding we would still have a squad a lot of teams would die for. Modric, VDV, Bale, Sandro, Ekotto, Dawson etc. 3 season's back we would have been ecstatic to have a team like we have got now. I think even without any additions we could still get 4th again but only if our strikers find some form.

IMHO we ARE panicking too early, but I am also of the opinion that if we don't get in at least one shiny new top class forward then we will have trouble. I've been saying for a while now that not one of our current strikers is a 'lead the line' striker, they're all support strikers and not good enough to consistently get the goals we require. Also, I don't think any of them really has the kind of guile/intelligence needed to bring the midfield into play in the final third.

But none of this is news, I've been saying it for a while now.

The bigger picture though, is that a lack of new striking talent will see Modric moving on, followed closely by Bale, VDV and all of the other ambitious talent we have. If there's one thing that Utd and Chelski have taught us, it is that you never rest on your laurels.

Now I don't necessarily believe that the signing has to be 'stupid' millions to do the required job. It stands to reason though, that the striker would need to be expensive as that is the nature of the game with striking talent. If DL pulls another one out of the hat, a la Berbatov/Modric, then I'd be even more over the moon as it will show just how astute we are in the market. But these type of signings are a surprise because of their rarity, and I don't believe we have the time or the luxury to gamble on a relative unknown being a success. Yes a big name signing could also be a gamble, but a proven 'lead the line' goalscorer would be less of a gamble, IMO, with our service.

Having said all that, I am still extremely confident that we will have at least one new striker at The Lane before the window closes.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 27 2011, 02:32

Lol .. we're doing it again and Baz its you this time ...tut ... mad

Now then , which one shall I reply to..... dib, dib, ....

The Panic thread or the Just an aside to the Panic thread ....mmmm

Well Ion is writing about the panic, the fact that we the fans are panicking, but its not on the panic thread but rather on the just an aside thread ....

Wheres Vis with his threadmerger implement? eyes

Okay I will perservere , for me it's like this ....

The Daniel Levy & Harry Redknapp working relationship is not what many of us believe it to be .....

Harry is on wages he's never been on before in football and his buys , primarily the strikers, I believe have dissappointed Levy..... Harry persuaded Levy to go against his instincts when buying, Crouch and then also buying back Keane .... Harry & Levy did not buy another striker last summer when it was clearly the right thing to do, because Harry said that along with Defoe ( another Harry buy ) they would get us the 4th spot again , at one point he even stated we could win the premeirship...

Levy has seen this as a Harry failure, but Harry has shifted the blame on Levy stating on numerous occasions , most notably after a failure to beat a struggling team, that if THFC dont spend big like the Man Citys and the Chavs, we will always be behind them ...

Ive said it before, this season for the pair of them is a wait and see season and nothing much will change ....Harry if the Inland Revenue dont come down on him will see out this coming season and hopefully get a respectable 5th, 6th or 7th final league position and then be appointed as the next England manager.

Levy no longer trusts Harry with new player purchases and whilst having the funds, will just not release them to a manager that wants to give a friend of the Redknapp family ( Scott Parker ) and a relative too ( Joe Cole ) , a nice little retirement home at WHL that will cost the club in excess of 45 million pounds over the next few years and with little return on any future transfers ....Would any of you in Levy's position, honestly trust Harry with the funds?

Levy knows of Harry's England aspirations but he cannot or dare sack the manager that gave us our first ever Champs League experience so we're getting into a procrastination season .

Heres a couple of blog writings to further illustrate my point ....

1).
    How Redknapp’s ambition could derail Spurs
    by John Toner on July 23, 2011

Quite recently, over one or seven pints, a very salient point was made by my father who is also a Tottenham fan and it’s one that a large proportion of Spurs supporters have been doing a good job of ignoring (I include myself in that group for the record).

I’ve had to paraphrase as the old man is a bit more definitive/sweary in his opinions, but it goes a little something like this – provided Spurs achieve a respectable league finish, say 7th or above, Harry Redknapp looks very likely to be the next England manager after Euro 2012.

Harry has made no secret that he would jump at the chance to take charge of the national team, a right and admirable conviction as an Englishman, but I feel this represents two major problems for the football club that Daniel Levy must address.

Firstly, How can a manager who in all likelihood will be taking charge of England when Fabio Capello’s contract runs out at the end of Polkraine 2012 be 100% committed to season 2011/12? A prospective England manager needs to be on good terms with all the managers in the Premier League in order to avoid club/country rows. Spurs and Harry Redknapp going out all guns blazing at the Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup this coming season would be bound to ruffle more than a few feathers along the way, which wouldn’t exactly be conducive to a good working relationship were he to take the England job.

Admittedly Harry is very adept at getting on with most managers, but surely a quiet season would be a safer bet. Why go all out for Spurs this season expending a lot of energy and enduring heart attack inducing levels of stress when he could coast along and still get his dream job?

Secondly, it is impossible for him to be fully committed to the future development of Tottenham Hotspur. As the tournament gets closer throughout next season so the debate about who should be Cappello’s successor will rage ever louder. As the din of that debate grows, Redknapp’s name will surely be heard louder than most as long as Spurs aren’t bottom of the league at Christmas. Given that we know he will take the job if it is offered to him, all thoughts of future planning for the club will quickly disappear from his priorities.

I am not for one moment suggesting we replace Redknapp. However Daniel Levy must, if he already hasn’t, discuss these issues with Redknapp and obtain some assurances on how he would seek to balance his ambitions with the ambitions of Tottenham Hotspur. Otherwise the club is in danger one of its most important seasons in recent years becoming disrupted and hindered by the distracting ambitions of the manager.

2).
    Double standards may hinder Crouch sale
    by Matthew Harris on July 26, 2011

If you believe what you read in the newspapers – which is admittedly a dangerous thing to do – then it seems that Spurs seem to want the best of all worlds when it comes to the transfer market.

Recently, Harry dismissed all reports of an imminent bid for Scott Parker when he underlined that Spurs would not bid for a 30 year old with no resale value. These were his words:

“If you take into account the fee of around £8 million, signing-on fees and wages, you’re talking about a £30 million deal,” Redknapp said. “There is no way the club would sanction a deal for a 30-year-old who would have no resale value at the end of his contract.”

This week the rumour mills have been full of stories linking Peter Crouch with a move to either Stoke, Newcastle or QPR and today those stories have gathered even more momentum with suggestions that Spurs are finally happy to let him leave.

The stumbling block however seems to be a £9m fee for a 30 year old player who wants a four year contract. Not too much resale value there either.

Needless to say this could all be paper talk, but this form of double standards could only result in Peter Crouch staying at the club for next season.[/
    b]

[b]
    Well I could be wrong and I hope I am . But as I've already said, I think this season is a wait and see season . A get it out the way with no great cost season... Levy and the THFC board are already planning for the 2012-13 season, with a new man in charge of the team who will then be given the funds ...
    So no panic from me but merely acceptance of the situation..COYS

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 02:39

Are we panicing too early & Just as an aside threads have been merged into this thread guys a s they deal with the subject started in Lews original thread and starting post in it. Thanx flowers . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 27 2011, 02:43

VisionarySound wrote:Are we panicing too early & Just as an aside threads have been merged into this thread guys a s they deal with the subject started in Lews original thread and starting post in it. Thanx flowers . . . . .

lol! Vis ....ffs man you near gave me a coranary ...was thinking all that effort, where the fcuk has it gone ! lmao
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 27 2011, 03:27

Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 348204 Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 348204 Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 348204 Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 348204 Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 348204 Lovin Vis's merging powers. Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 839792
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 27 2011, 03:45

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Are we panicing too early & Just as an aside threads have been merged into this thread guys a s they deal with the subject started in Lews original thread and starting post in it. Thanx Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 318170 . . . . .

lol! Vis ....ffs man you near gave me a coranary ...was thinking all that effort, where the fcuk has it gone ! Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 348204

Hahahahahahahaha PMSL. Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 24840 Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 268750
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 27 2011, 03:49

BazSpur wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Are we panicing too early & Just as an aside threads have been merged into this thread guys a s they deal with the subject started in Lews original thread and starting post in it. Thanx Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 318170 . . . . .

lol! Vis ....ffs man you near gave me a coranary ...was thinking all that effort, where the fcuk has it gone ! Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 348204

Hahahahahahahaha PMSL. Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 24840 Doom and Gloom merchants. - Page 2 268750

Both this mornings threads gone Baz ...I shat myself lol

Can we chat in the chat box ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 27 2011, 03:57

I posted somewere elso this board that I thought things were not right at the top glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 27 2011, 04:01

Am in Chat Arnie.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 27 2011, 04:35

BazSpur wrote:Am in Chat Arnie.

Thought you gone missing Baz ...heres that video I mentioned lol

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 03:43

Still no transfers happening. :lol!;

Woe , woe and more woe ! lol!

Window closes sept 1st, and its panic panic panic mr mainwaring sir. lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:57

Okay ...I've already stated on this thread why I dont think anything major is going to happen but I may as well play the game too .....

Okay my ITK source tells me Suspect , Levy is currently on his holiday in Spain !

Its like this .... Levy is out there with a wad of cash .....What's this we've heard it all before ? Cynics aint we? lol

It's true he's out there again and
    he's got his sight on some of the best La Liga strikers and this time, he aint coming home without a deal being struck!...

One or maybe even two of these perhaps ?

1). Llorente ... Bilbao ...
    Would cost about £25 million ...Will we go that far for a one in three striker Im not so sure but at 6ft 5 , with decent pace and plenty of power could be done if Crouchy is moved on...

2). Negrado ... Sevilla
    This one I like, a left footer with a nearly a goal in every two games strike rate... He has baulk but speed to go with it ...Will cost about £20m but Gio Dos Santos could be used in a part exchange deal...I'm sure would do well in the premeirship...

3). Osvaldo ... Espanyol
    Not sure about this argintinean/italian but has had a good season just gone scoring 13 in 24 appearances but £20m asking price, not so sure ..Prior to the season just gone he was in the Serie A but didnt do to much with a goal every 4-5 games ratio Price may be a little steep for our Daniel.

4). Rossi ... Villareal
    Daniel and Harry want this guy but its an expensive deal .. Technicaly the best of the bunch and a near one in two game scoring rate in La Liga ...If we were to get him he would be the ideal replacement for Defoe ....

5) . Benzema, Kaka or Higuian ... Real Madrid
    Possible Loan deals?

So Levy is going to get Negrado & Rossi for £50 million and be selling on Crouch and Defoe for £15 = net spend £35

So no more doom and gloom = no more doom and gloom merchants ...Sorted !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:40