The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL Empty OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22 2011, 11:11

Where: Coca-Cola Stadium, Johannesburg

When: Saturday 13:00 GMT (I think)

Tottenham Hotspur have come in to the final in blazing form, with one General Custer-esque defeat covered in glory and one mouthwatering draw, where they scored an equal amount of goals as the opposition.

When asked about the prospect of winning the vodacom challenge you could see the desire in the employees of the club's eyes

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL PA-11220662

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL Dr20080902FM001

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL 4eaf92f90dd425a5ae8160e478db78a5_412x367
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL Empty Re: OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jul 23 2011, 15:22

Question: ....What have the Paraguay national football team and Tottenham Hotspur FC got in common ?

Answer: ... Both are contesting finals this weekend and both have not won a game in their respective tournaments!

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL Empty Re: OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - ORLANDO PIRATES - VODACOM FINAL

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23 2011, 23:43

Gomes; Walker, Bassong, Khumalo, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Modric, Huddlestone, Pienaar; Van der Vaart, Crouch.

subs: Cudicini, Hutton, Kaboul, Bale, Kranjcar, Palacios, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

dont forget this kicks off at 2 then shown on epsn at 4 30 hopefully there be some links for the live game

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23 2011, 23:57

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=122920&part=sports

its on magged flash tv

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24 2011, 00:45

1 0 vdv free kick from same place as hes last goal.
    crouch been woefull
    hudd lacking match fitness
    modric been inviisble man

ekotto been blinding
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 24 2011, 00:55

Walker had a good game as well.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24 2011, 01:22

yep he did

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24 2011, 05:24

Did we win ?????
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 24 2011, 05:32

3-0 Vis. VDV two great free kicks and Defoe.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24 2011, 05:34

The mighty Yids are on the march . . . . . . .

COYS
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 24 2011, 05:36

Yids, Yids, Yids.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Jul 24 2011, 06:32

Reading Lought's comment about Modric being the invisable man, is this how he means to carry on if he does not get his move, because if he does start sulking every time he plays he will not do himself any favours, his value will drop and he can say goodbye to a move to Chelsea because we know his true value and what he can achieve and Levy will not let him go for peanuts.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 24 2011, 06:50

Give him a spell on the bench. He'll soon play then.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24 2011, 08:18

he was a lot better secound half

to be fair huddlestone and wp looked worse. hudd is stil off the pace and wp seems like he wants to wrestle the other players lol

ekotto is looking good so is that new young center back.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 24 2011, 14:18

Everyone see's a game in their own way and it's quite interesting how Modric's performances are viewed since the saga has been underway. Loughts view is that Modric was invisible in the first half but improved during the second. On other sites you have posters waxing lyrical about how he looked a class apart throughout the game. Over on SC they're saying that Modric, wwhilst not absolutely outstanding, went through the game in control and just stood out as the quality player that he is.

At the moment guys, I think we're in danger of looking for the slightest lapse from him just so that anger can be vented at the boy. There's no doubt that he has wanted to leave us for Chelski, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that he could change his mind after a bit more thought and a good start to our season. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how they learn from them that counts.

I honestly believe that the vast majority of what we believe about Modders has been generated by the 'meeja', and they've done it to create this feeling of angst towards Modric just to give him a further reason to want to move. It's no secret on here that I hate the 'meeja' with a passion. They are consistent lying scumbags who prey on Human nature to make money. I also believe that the days of 'Free Press' are long gone. These scum are owned by the highest bidder or 'wealthy friend' of the owners/editors and used to spread whatever propoganda these power hungry tosspots wish.

The Nazi's used the press in much the same way in the 30's and 40's, History has shown that. Anyone who believes I'm being melodramatic about this need only do some research on the Nazi propoganda techniques using the 'meeja'.

Feel free to post your 'Oh my God I never realised that' comments once you do.

Take note of Aitch's comments about the boy, they're there for a reason. 'It's not in his nature', 'He's a consumate Professional', 'He's the nicest boy you could meet and is no trouble whatsoever.' Did we hear this from Aitch when players like Taarabt were kicking up? No, because they WERE kicking up.

We can forgive a man being tempted, OK he has expressed a desire to move on but this has come after consultation with people he loves and trusts, who have no affiliation with THFC. We can forgive ill thought out comments to the 'meeja' and can even disregard the majority of them to an extent because we know that the vast majority have only been ATTRIBUTED to him, not proven as direct quotes. We can also surnise that even direct quotes can be reconstructed and taken out of context to produce a desired result. We also know that the 'meeja' can print outright lies, provide they are not libelous or defamatory, and not face any legal action whatsoever.
    This is the root cause of my disgust and hatred of the 'meeja'. Hatred is such a strong word but, in this case, it is totally apt. I HATE the 'meeja' and everything they now stand for. The sleeze, lies, sensationalism, the disregard of peoples basic Human right to privacy, the disregard of the truth and of the consequences their lies and deceit have on the lives of those affected, i.e. everybody and anybody who reads their filth.

I no longer read National newspapers, or follow television news agencies unless they're reporting on newsworthy events that render lies and propoganda meaningless.

I urge ANYONE with any self respect to follow the same practice. I find it helps me to promote my own analysis and come to my own conclusions, not to let some scumbag hack do my thinking for me. This is the reason why I end up in so many arguments on here, I've spent years on these boards attempting to encourage openmindedness, to encourage people to see the other side of the argument. I don't claim to be right all the time, never have, and have always welcomed my own reeducation on any point I was wrong on.

I apologise if I appear to be sermonising on here but I can see how this situation will develop, and it's all by the design of these dishonest cnuts in the Press, and the rich cnuts who 'own' them. I may not have the wealth and the power, but I have the ability to see what they're up to and if my posts can in any way unravel their designs, then I feel it's a victory for those of us who's lives are enriched by our love and support of the clubs we follow.

f*ck 'em off guys, and encourage anyone you know to do the same. When their sales take a nosedive, and they find out that it's the lies that are causing it, they'll soon enough change their tune. Propoganda only works if people are willing to believe it.

Sorry this turned into an anti 'meeja' rant guys but I think you know where I'm coming from.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 06:09