The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker

BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 01:15

Loughtonlegend wrote:yes lew people mention adel on here and i reply yet its me that gets moaned at for mention him lol

ion or another play to spend hes later years in the treatment room picking up wages for nuffing lol

spurs the best retirment place lol

and yes adel slagged spurs off after not gettin chances yet havin to watch lots of dire forwards who couldnt hit a barn door,

i wonder if he was up front instead of defoe and crouch we would of beaten teams like blacpool wigan stoke west ham ect. im sure we would have had more points on the board.

Lought, dont ever stop what you post son, i dont have any problems at all, you want the best for the club you love....nothing wrong with that.
    Every discussion board needs an alternative view, and thats what you give.
    Years back a mate of mine (alan) and myself used to slag off a few spurs players as crap, alan used the term (just good at running nothing else) while i just said "he,s crap "
    i happen to think that in many ways you are right, also that adebayor will wonder what he,s doing at apurs after a few games.
    This is going to be a long hard season lought, it started with trouble and whatever anyone says, modric wants to move on, and i dont think we will see the same modric, in fact many will be blaming him for many a spurs bad result....levy will out him in the end.........and good riddance ala berbatov style.
    I like the youngsters to have a chance, thats the future for spurs until a new stadium is built to acommadate the potential spurs fan base of 60,000, until then it will be a case of find a star and sell a star on to bigger clubs than ourselves.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham In Talks To Sign Scott Parker

Post by MarkA249 Sun Aug 28 2011, 03:40

I do love what lought post too makes me laugh too he sticks to his guns dont agree with him like he doesnt agree with me but thats what the board is about lol!

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 03:47

MarkA249 wrote:I do love what lought post too makes me laugh too he sticks to his guns dont agree with him like he doesnt agree with me but thats what the board is about lol!

i wouldnt swap lought for anyone, tells it the way he feels it.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 23:19

Tottenham poised to sign Scott Parker from West Ham

Tottenham Hotspur are poised to complete the signing of England midfielder Scott Parker from West Ham.

The 30-year-old was not included in the Hammers squad for their 4-1 win over Nottingham Forest on Sunday afternoon.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce said before the game that the former Newcastle man was not "mentally right to play".

But following the win, he confirmed: "We will miss a player of Parker's quality, and we want him with us if the negotiation doesn't go through."

He added: "Whether the deal is achievable yet, I'm not sure, I've had lots of conversations with the chairman."

"If he does actually leave, I need to replace him immediately. I don't expect any other player to leave before Wednesday," Allardyce added.

"I'm more interested in strengthening the squad, we need numbers. We need to add a few more players. The 17 I've got are very good but we need a few more."

Tottenham are expected to include a loan deal for one of their youngsters in the package.

Parker, who joined West Ham from Newcastle for £7m in 2007, was named Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year last season despite the club finishing bottom of the Premier League.

SCOTT PARKER CAREER STATS 1997-2004 - Charlton - appearances 128, goals 9
    2000 - Norwich (loan) - appearances 6, goals 1
    2004-2005 - Chelsea - appearances 15, goals 1
    2005-2007 - Newcastle - appearances 55, goals 4
    2007-Present - West Ham - appearances 113, goals 10
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 29 2011, 23:26

I'd rather have Cahill.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 01:27

BazSpur wrote:I'd rather have Cahill.

Cant see levy doing that baz, overpriced i reckon at £17 mill but who knows ?

We need gallas and king back.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:16

Gallas & King are rarely going to be fit at the same time. Time to move on from the "dream team" and accept what we have/don't have at at CB . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:28

VisionarySound wrote:Gallas & King are rarely going to be fit at the same time. Time to move on from the "dream team" and accept what we have/don't have at at CB . . . .

Thats the main problem vis, stuck with daws and kaboul.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:33

lewspurs wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Gallas & King are rarely going to be fit at the same time. Time to move on from the "dream team" and accept what we have/don't have at at CB . . . .

Thats the main problem vis, stuck with daws and kaboul.

The makings of a fine C/B partnership, if people would give them time . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:40

nope dawson to clumsey he has no brain. hes no captain

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:54

Well I'm going to disagree with you guys here. Daws is our Captain, if you have another suggestion then post it up . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 05:09

when fit galas should be captian.,

brad if hes in goal should be
    kaboul is more of a leader then dawson

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 05:34

Lought you started a thread saying, basically, how sh*t Friedel is ? WTF kind of a wind up are you on my friend ? Sorry mate but after that all your posts have lost credibility with me . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 05:58

oh no im all upset lol
    if brad is in goal he should be captain, dont mean i rate him. thats if galas or king is out

credibility with you over that, i would of thought it would of been the oppisite
    everything i said of late has been bang on

vdv muck up our team shape. harry wont make big decisons, lennon has no final
    crouch is abysmiall, defoe never scores at big grounds,

we get smashed aganst man c because harry sets us up with no defensive midfielder and yet harry blames everyone but not modric, surley harry should be given modric the hairdryer treatment. harry wants to be everyones mate,

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 06:04

Yup Lought, and you started a thread saying how shoite Fridel is. I agreed actually. Yet you would make him Captain even when you don't have faith in him ? What does that mean ? You don't rate Daws and you don't rate the new boy Friedel, who you have started a disparaging thread about, yet still you would promote Friedel to Captain ? LOL mate you really beggar belief . . . . .

P.S What has this got to do with Scott Parker ? lmao

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 06:15

omg everythread people end up talking about other players. even you yourself mention cahill, why its not a cahill thread,

i dont think brad is that good but if he must go in goal then at least hes vocal and talks to the defenders.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 06:36

Lought when did I mention the \C/ player ? Keep up me ole flower and the wind up ain't working . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 06:52

opps sorry that was baz
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Aug 30 2011, 08:55

Loughtonlegend wrote:found this. i agree with all of it apart from the bits about adebayor who i think will be a hit at spurs like galas

you do realise he only wants to move to us so he has a chance at getting in the England squad for the Euro's right? Scott Parker is the same Scott Parker that rejected a move to us for "ambition" when he went to Chelsea, and then rejected us again when he went to Newcastle for the "ambition" and then rejected us again when he went to West Ham for the "ambition".

Replace the word ambition with the word money and you'll start to realise Parker is just as much a Mercenary as Adebayor. Parker is a cock, and in all the years I've seen him play I have never been impressed with him in the slightest. If Parker and Joe Cole are all we have to look forward to, don't expect to see us in the CL next season. Plus we'll be stuck with them like we are Jenas and Crouch.

...................................................................................................................
    I think you just play devils advocate Lought just to stir things up as because you can't really believe half the things you say.

The majority of the national newspapers voted Parker player of the year not just "news of the world and sunday sport" He was brilliant for West Ham last season and before you say yes they went down but he is only one man.
    I said to you on here last week if you only wanted players that loved Spurs you wouldn't have a team and that applies to virtually every club. They're all mercenaries and in it for what they get but as long as they play their best for our club....unlike Pav "what am I doing here" Chenko then that's all that matters.

Parker is just what we need, tough,skill full,scores goals and gees the rest of the team up.

If he comes and I'm not sure he will, because Levy doesn't want to pay the wages you will see the difference in our MF as he will get them at it.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 00:09