The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
get rid of pav now EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
get rid of pav now EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
get rid of pav now EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
get rid of pav now EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
get rid of pav now EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
get rid of pav now EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
get rid of pav now EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
get rid of pav now EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
get rid of pav now EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

get rid of pav now Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
MarkA249
Boycey
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
shearspur
9 posters

get rid of pav now

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

get rid of pav now Empty get rid of pav now

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 27 2011, 08:48

now weve got adeybayour, lets hope they can move pav on. in my opinion he has never cut it at spurs just being a bit part player who has never shown any real desire to play for us. yeah hes scored some very good goals but not consistently,when hes given his playing time he just drifts in and out the game to much for me. if crouch goes then fair enough ,hes done ok and imo more for us than pav. and defoe i would like to keep to partner adebayour. see ya pav you have had to many chances and just not done it, it wasnt long ago you were wanting a move anyway but no one wanted you so nows your chance, come on qpr come and get him please.

get rid of pav now Empty Re: get rid of pav now

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 08:59

LOL yea get rid of the only who whos scored goals in the last 2 seasons. the guy7 whos never had a run of games like defoe and the beanpole.

you guys have short memories,

its crouch that misses so many chances
    its crouch that cant head
    its crouch that cant shoot
    its crouch who makes us play like wimbledon,,
    its crouch who fcuked us aganst real madrid after 15 minutes
    then crouch who scored an own goal aganst man c to end our top 4th

yes crouch scored to seal us top 4 but he and defoe missed so many chances that game. the goal hit hes head

our big wins under harry chelsea 2 1 pav started
    spurs 2 scum 1 pav started
    spurs 3 scum 2 pav started.

pav scored more goals then defoe last seaon
    more then crouch
    the season before when pav came back from jan he managed to outscore them 2 again

yes hes crap lol pav never had a run of games crouch has had or defoe,
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 27 2011, 09:06

hes not interested,good sometimes but not enough. defoe is a natural scorer who had a bad season once.crouch done many a time what he had to do ,but pav , the occasional spectacular goal is not enough. i dont know what you see in him to be honest.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Aug 27 2011, 09:14

Well said Shear, what iv been sayin for a long time now, Pav just aint intrested and too inconsistant. Lought you go on about Pav not getting a run but he got about 12/13 games a the end of last season and done................. zero!! Sorry mate but he is joining ya pal Adel out the door!

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 09:17

defoe is not a natural goalscoer,
    linker ian wright owen darren bent they are

defoe in front of goal tends to just hit it hard,

crouch is rubbish

pav is lazy but that game on thursday he had no service,

them wingers didnt put 1 cross in the box

i would keep defoe as he would make a good inpact sub,
    crouch is the one who should go
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Aug 27 2011, 09:23

Darren 'f*cking' Bent, had his time Lought, he could not cut it, didnt know how to play upfront with another striker (in your preferred 4-4-2 formation) and has gone on to prove that at Sunderland when they got in Welbeck and Gyan he went right off the boil even the Sunderland fans were starting to loose patients with him, same at Villa now he plays as the lone striker. How you can even put him in the same bracket as Ian Wright, Michael Owen and the great Gary Lineker is beyond me!!
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 27 2011, 09:24

crouch prob will go , but i tell you what hes done more for spurs in his time than pav ever has, some of his goals have been so important and got us places we wouldnt have been, left to pav to do for us,

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 09:29

shear your lack of recent spurs games is scary
    2010 jan crouch defoe stop scoring, pav scored aganst leeds then went on a hot streak and ended up top striker,

that man c game defoe and crouch missed so many chances its unreal

then fa cup semi v portsmouth crouch and defoe had 120 mns to score and couldnt,

as for darren bent he p*sses all over defoe and crouch

he dont get the service they do but scores everywhere,
    and when he was with us he scored away at the scum, away at chelsea 2 goals at old trafford,

when has defoe ever done that in all time hes been with us.

did you see defoe agansty man u, he looked lost
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Aug 27 2011, 09:35

So to be a superstar in your eyes all you have to do is score away at a*se, Chelsea and United PMSL........ NICE 1 MATE!!
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Aug 27 2011, 09:35

Defoe once scored 5 in 1 game...............

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 09:45

yep then didnt score again. lol
    darrent bent since scored aganst the scum for sunderland. in fact i kno of at least 3 goals he got for them aganst the goons

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 27 2011, 11:26

Well, it's all about opinions isn't it. I don't think Defoe is a prolific scorer but wouldn't get rid of him. Crouch can go IMO although I am sure some would disagree, they have the right. Pav I used to think was OK but as many have said, he just doesn't seem to want to be there now and a little while ago he couldn't wait to get away it was just thyat no one wanted him. Hopefully Adebayor will do the business for us and others will follow his example.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27 2011, 12:22

yes baz see now your beiing honest.
    if crouch had played in that team on thursday you know he wouldnt of done any better

and we agree that defoe aint prolific but he is more of a threat from the bench then crouch.

any decent bids should be acceped for pav and crouch but crouch should be first to go because he offers nuffin as a forward player,

why play long ball to him when he cant hold the ball up
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Sat Aug 27 2011, 16:45

I dont understand why people get on Pav's back...he really hasnt been given a decent run in the side at all. Last year he played in 29 of the premier league games and scored 9 while crouch played in 34 and scored 4. Pav all time spurs record is 101 games and 37 goals while Crouch is 92 games and 24 goals.
    To me if Pav was given more of a run week in and week out i think we would see the Pav that everyone wants. My mate is a Liverpool supporter and he says that Pav is our best striker and doesnt know why he isnt playing week in and week out. Defoe is becoming too greedy in my eyes.....
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sat Aug 27 2011, 18:12

Did u see the game the other night Boycey if he wanted a chance to prove he should start that was it shockingly poor no service all good strikers feed on scraps the cross came in balloned well over bar another shot nearly hit corner flag. Your mate who is the Scouse fan will be taking the P*ss thats like saying Liverpools best striker is Ngog.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Aug 27 2011, 19:34

Boycey wrote:I dont understand why people get on Pav's back...he really hasnt been given a decent run in the side at all. Last year he played in 29 of the premier league games and scored 9 while crouch played in 34 and scored 4. Pav all time spurs record is 101 games and 37 goals while Crouch is 92 games and 24 goals.
    To me if Pav was given more of a run week in and week out i think we would see the Pav that everyone wants. My mate is a Liverpool supporter and he says that Pav is our best striker and doesnt know why he isnt playing week in and week out. Defoe is becoming too greedy in my eyes.....

We play 38 games in a league season, Pav played in 29 of them and you say he hasn't been given a decent run in the side at all?

Am I missing something here?

As for your mate, being a Liverpool fan doesn't make him an instant Football officionado, they have as many clueless fans as anyone else, moreso, in fact, if they honestly believe that they have gotten value for money in the purchases Dalglish and Comolli have made.

For what it's worth, as I've been saying since the middle of last season, none of our current strikers are good enough. We have 4 days left in the window to replace maybe one more of them. On current form it is Pavlyuchenko all day long, he's been garbage. But eventually I would hope they'll all be replaced, before the start of next season preferably.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 00:43

but unlike defoe and crouch pav never had 10 games on the trot, he has 2 games then dropped.

people going on how bad pav was the other night well wouldnt you lose heart playin with them kids who had no idea.
    crouch looks far worse when hes played but people have really short memories.

i agree with you ion that i think all of them can be replaced. i just want crouch to go first
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Aug 28 2011, 01:02

how disrespectful is that,why would pav lose heart playing "with those kids" who had no idea. from what i saw they had plenty of idea, and if he did think that, (which i dont think he did , just your opinion of them more likely) he should remember he was a kid once and maybe one or two of those kids will go on to be a lot better than he is. he should have taken the initiatve and given them some encouragement more like.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 01:12

towsend had no idea of a final ball and fredicson was just pathetic. everytime he tried 2 go round that player and not once did he get the better of hearts reserve left back
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Aug 28 2011, 01:22

Maybe that's because they are kids Lought. They need to learn. So not content with slagging most of the first team, you are now turning your attention to the kids that played against Hearts. See QPR are losing again.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Aug 28 2011, 01:25

come on lought it was practically their first run out for spurs in a fairly competative game even though 5 nil up. hearts were not turning up to be made mugs of after that first leg so was prob made harder for our lads. just think your being a bit harsh on our youth coming through.i wasnt expecting a lionel messi display from any of them and i doubt if pav was either. they did admirably i thought. give em a chance

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 01:29

baz how old are these kids. 16 17 18 19. they should know how to beat a player

towsend was meant to have been left back,

hearts kids aswell. not there first 11.

whats qpr got to do with anything. you moan when people go off thread but you do it just as much.

did we beat wigan away last season.
    dont think we did and we def didnt beat everton away.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 01:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:baz how old are these kids. 16 17 18 19. they should know how to beat a player

towsend was meant to have been left back,

hearts kids aswell. not there first 11.

whats qpr got to do with anything. you moan when people go off thread but you do it just as much.

did we beat wigan away last season.
    dont think we did and we def didnt beat everton away.

Lought ! loads of threads go off the original subject, the censor will be onto you son ! lol! flower
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Aug 28 2011, 01:36

Well, to be honest Lought me mentioning your second team QPR has got as much to do with this thread as you slagging off the kids that played against Hearts i.e nothing. The thread is actually about Pav not the kids.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 01:41

BazSpur wrote:Well, to be honest Lought me mentioning your second team QPR has got as much to do with this thread as you slagging off the kids that played against Hearts i.e nothing. The thread is actually about Pav not the kids.

Baz ! thats the nature of human discussion, you can start off talking about god, and end up shopping at sainsbury, or the wifes latest see through knickers lol!
    Personally i think it would be incredible to talk pav through many posts, he has had his chances and he is all over the place on the pitch...........he isnt premiership class imo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 02 2024, 16:03