The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
get rid of pav now - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
get rid of pav now - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
get rid of pav now - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
get rid of pav now - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
get rid of pav now - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
get rid of pav now - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
get rid of pav now - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
get rid of pav now - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
get rid of pav now - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

get rid of pav now - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
MarkA249
Boycey
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
shearspur
9 posters

get rid of pav now

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

get rid of pav now - Page 2 Empty Re: get rid of pav now

Post by seebee1944 Sun Aug 28 2011, 01:42

While talking about QPR, Barton and Taarabt, how long before that blows up.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 01:54

seebee1944 wrote:

While talking about QPR, Barton and Taarabt, how long before that blows up.

Kick off time and they all disappear cb. lol! football mad this lot! lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Aug 28 2011, 02:18

You guys are to clever ...You set me off in a Pav discussion , in the Hearts match thread then you all skip over to here to continue your debate .....lol

Im not typing it all out again instead I will do a touch of spamming if Vis dont mind with a copy and paste job Very Happy

Pav's performance against Hearts is indefensible , in fact it were embarrassing, he's meant to be an international striker of a nation with a decent level of football..

He were playing alongside a young debutant Kane and not once did I see him try to bring the youngster into the game but preffering to try some outlandish shots .... Did he talk to Kane during the game with his limited english , did he look in Kane's direction , did he even care who his strike partner was?

Ive seen it in games with Defoe too ...Defoe has always been greedy we know that ... Maybe playing at the same club with Defoe these last few years, the greedy side to Pav's game has come to the fore ..In the past although he's performances could never be described as out of this world..On many occasions plenty of misscontrolled touches and wayward passes but never so many shots aimed at the corner flag and neither could we say his performances were selfish driven ..

Perhaps its the pressure of not being the number one striker like how he was at his russian clubs..Perhaps getting picked to play a second leg alongside the youngsters whilst the manager's favoured number one striker Defoe was getting rested on the bench, just confirmed to him that the only way he would regain his place was to score a hatfull of goals ...

...Bale, VDV, PAV, Defoe, Kranjcar , all these players have been trying some outlandish shots in the past two games alone... ..Whether its under management instructions, Im not sure. I just think we have some proper wanky attitudes at the club, the team ethos is not always there...Recall the Anderson ManUre goal against us, where Wellbeck backheels it to his team mate rather than attempt to carve out a chance for a shoot himself ....Can you see our lot doing that , Defoe , Pav, Bale ?

Oh well, we've now got the team player that is Ade upfront , the kind of character that understands the team ethos...
    It's all gonna be alright now

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 03:28

I actually think ade will be ok arnie, he will get us 20 goals this season .
    But i reckon you are right in what you say, but there again it isnt pavs job to bring on youngsters, doesnt he have a job getting a goal himself ? lol!
    Useless comes to mind...............
    FFs move pav on, i would stick with ade and defoe, i reckon they will clock up some goals but defoe has to work in tandem with him...........kane on the bench, but obika is a better option imo.
    I liked crouch for his defensive work, we will def concede more goals without him, but thats life.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Aug 28 2011, 03:32

I think as you say Lew , Pav will be third in the pecking order behind Ade and JD .... Think Crouch is gone and we may see one of the young forwards on the bench from time to time ....
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Aug 28 2011, 03:46

Do u ever stop and wonder why Pav gets dropped after about 3 games cause hes not consistent enough thts why even Arry has said it he can be unplayable but then ever so crap as if he has been on smirnoff all night if Crouch goes which it looks like he will be doing then Pav will get this season too late for another striker to come in

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 04:01

yea because crouch and defoe go on long scoring streaks lol

you want strikers to play to get confidence up,
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Aug 28 2011, 04:10

Its beacause Crouch and Defoe are more team players how many assists did Pav get to Crouch last season but they was all crap goalscoring wise last season

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 04:29

no thats a myth. vdv got about 4 assits from the beanpole early season then it stopped.

defoe team player be serious.

i see suarz of liverpool is doing so well, same of charlie adams.
    oh well we got a loan and 2 oldies lol
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Sun Aug 28 2011, 05:00

ionman34 wrote:
    Boycey wrote:I dont understand why people get on Pav's back...he really hasnt been given a decent run in the side at all. Last year he played in 29 of the premier league games and scored 9 while crouch played in 34 and scored 4. Pav all time spurs record is 101 games and 37 goals while Crouch is 92 games and 24 goals.
    To me if Pav was given more of a run week in and week out i think we would see the Pav that everyone wants. My mate is a Liverpool supporter and he says that Pav is our best striker and doesnt know why he isnt playing week in and week out. Defoe is becoming too greedy in my eyes.....

We play 38 games in a league season, Pav played in 29 of them and you say he hasn't been given a decent run in the side at all?

Am I missing something here?

As for your mate, being a Liverpool fan doesn't make him an instant Football officionado, they have as many clueless fans as anyone else, moreso, in fact, if they honestly believe that they have gotten value for money in the purchases Dalglish and Comolli have made.

For what it's worth, as I've been saying since the middle of last season, none of our current strikers are good enough. We have 4 days left in the window to replace maybe one more of them. On current form it is Pavlyuchenko all day long, he's been garbage. But eventually I would hope they'll all be replaced, before the start of next season preferably.

Pav didnt play in 29 of the league games that was all games in the season, And i am sure he didnt start most of those games and i am even more sure that is was less than Crouch started. Dont you think a decent run in the side is more than 2 or 3 games to start...try and get confidence in front of goal. Surely that is what a striker thrives on? And if you keep getting dropped you arent going to get that in just 2 or 3 games.

As for my mate it doesnt make him a Officionado but it is another fans opinion from another team...you say pav has been garbage and yes as i can say he hasnt been that good but surely he needs games to get his eye in for goal...

But i hope that if any was to go Crouch would be 1st....

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 05:07

Follow the link and you can get all Pavs stats . . . .

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/38213/roman-pavlyuchenko?cc=5739

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 05:19

Although he scored in every round of the League Cup, except for the 2009 final which Spurs lost on penalties to Manchester United, in the league it was a different story and the Russian found himself as fourth choice striker for the following season. He had to wait for his chance under manager Harry Redknapp but as the 2009-10 season drew to a close he hit a hot-streak to help Spurs finish in the top four of the Premier League, scoring 14 goals in 15 starts

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 05:20

he was also top striker last season.

i bet defoe stats aint better. and crouch i think hes got sumthing like 12 in 72games now that is woefull

and yet pav never had a long rung like the other two have had
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Aug 28 2011, 05:46

Weaknesses: Was criticised for a lacklustre attitude by Russia
    manager Guus Hiddink and is more an instinctive finisher than a clinical
    one.

Nothing has changed there then.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 06:16

goals count. i see torres didnt score again lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Aug 28 2011, 07:16

I'm not bothered about Torres. He don't play for Spurs.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 10:52

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 18:18

Divvy lil chav was as good at getting the words right as her old man is at scoring from inside the 6 yard box . . . . lmao . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 00:12

and yet still manages to outscore crouch defoe and torres combind

did you know torres has got about 4 goals in 27 games

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 00:53

LOL Lought discussion of Torres belongs in other football news section snog . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 02:35

VisionarySound wrote:Divvy lil chav was as good at getting the words right as her old man is at scoring from inside the 6 yard box . . . . lmao . . . .

Not nice vis, just a little kid mate, harsh words .
    Take it out on pav not the kid.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Sep 01 2011, 06:05

Plain and simple. It's a strikers job to score goals, goals win games and whether you have a preference towards Crouch, Defoe or Pav the fact is Pav scored more goals for us last season than Crouch or Defoe, and I can not see how anyone can argue with that fact. Right, he is not a Gazza, Chivers or Klinsman etc but if a striker scores more goals than his fellow strikers that in my book is as good a reason as any to keep him at the club. In all honesty I can not see why there are some of you that want Pav out, and I am amazed that you want to keep strikers who are not doing their job in order to sacrifice one who is. I think Pav deserves another season to prove that he has far more to offer than perhaps he has done in the past, I would also keep Defoe, but Crouch?, I honestly believe he is the worst striker we have ever had at this club, that is unless someone has other ideas as to the worst striker they have ever seen play for Spurs.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Sep 01 2011, 20:24

,ian moores, sergei rebrov, gregor rasiak.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Sep 01 2011, 20:34

oh yeah, helder postiga, and mido was worse as well imo.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Sep 01 2011, 21:06

Going back even further Len you must remember Laurie Brown. One of Bill Nicks few mistakes, paid £60,000 for a defender who he tried to convert into a striker. Played 62 games scored 3 goals. What made it worse was that we got him from the Gooners.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:30