The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
So whats wrong chaps? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
So whats wrong chaps? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
So whats wrong chaps? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
So whats wrong chaps? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
So whats wrong chaps? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
So whats wrong chaps? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
So whats wrong chaps? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
So whats wrong chaps? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
So whats wrong chaps? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

So whats wrong chaps? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

So whats wrong chaps?

So whats wrong chaps? Empty So whats wrong chaps?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 21:29

Is it injuries ? are we missing gallas? is it the modric saga ? are we missing sandro?
    I didnt watch the game but i understand man city were good.
    Is it a simple case of being a typical harry glitch before the season picks up ?
    I posted yesterday that i reckon we will panic buy, already cahill is being mentioned to shore up the defence, but i dont agree with boltons valuation of him.
    My man utd mate reckons its all to do with chelsea turning modrics head, could be i suppose but i dont want to turn this into a modric post because as brave as dawson is, and as promising as kaboul is i just dont think they are good enough.
    Is palacios fit to play ? because he does get stuck into the midfield and surely in the absence of sandro we need a physical presence out there?

So whats wrong chaps? Empty Re: So whats wrong chaps?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 23:11

Man City where very good Lew and there was a noticable gulf in class. The build up play and how the goals where taken showed that very clearly. If you look at our form this year it isn't awful but could be better. We are still fielding the majority of players who obtained 4th & 5th spot. Maybe these players have become stale and the squad needs a shake up & makeover ? In some ways Lought is correct when he questions VDV and his inclusion in the side. We obtained 4th by playing 4-4-2 but these guys are pro's and should be able to adapt to different styles & tactics. So maybe it's down to the manager ? Has Redknapp taken us as far as he can ? does it require a new set of ideas ? But it was Redknapp & his management that acheived 4th & 5th place. The Modric saga cannot have helped. I blame Modric & his agent. They must have made it aware that he was intrested in a move. Not so long ago he was commited to the club and made public statements expressing that. I also blame Redknapp & Levy fot that. Redknapp should not have continued giving conflicting soundbites to the press. One moment it's we want him stay the next I can understand why he wants to leaave. I blame Levy for that as well. He should have reigned Redknapp in and told him to follow the club stance or said the club will follow Redknapps stance & wishes. And that I think is where the problem lies.Levy & Redknapp. Levy & Redknapp do not trust eachother. Possibly don't like eachother & maybe have seen the breakdown of their professional relationship and that would affect things. Redknapp possibly dosen't feel wanted or needed or trusted & Levy feels he cannot invest in Redknapps wishes as he dosen't trust Redknapp or feel he is the man to take the club forward . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Aug 29 2011, 23:18

Problem was like Lee Dickson pointed out on motd last night we didn't use our wide men enough to get behind the back four , and when we did we created chances , time and time again we just reverted to long balls to crouch ... up until the first goal we were holding our own .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 29 2011, 23:32

Rumour is rife all over the net from ITK's that Levy and Redknapp do not see eye to eye. How much truth is in that we probably won't know.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Aug 29 2011, 23:51

BazSpur wrote:Rumour is rife all over the net from ITK's that Levy and Redknapp do not see eye to eye. How much truth is in that we probably won't know.

I believe it, arry loves the meeja to much , and complains when fans ring in to a radio show, its a joke to be honest , the way he sounds out is own chairmen in interviews all the time,never known any manager in football to be so vocal and so opinionated about is own club especially over transfers constantly challenging levy, i just wish he would keep his mouth shut for change
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Aug 30 2011, 00:31

Dawson and Kaboul arnt good enough against the best if we had Gallas and King there yesterday we would not of conceded the amount we did and Dawson is no captain. When Gallas was captain last season we didnt lose Arry is right we need leaders how long will it be before Parker is made captain. Cahill will be a good signing but i do prefer Samba who is a beast.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 01:58

thats the problem when crouch plays they are told to hit him early. .

dawson is a good old fashiond defender. hes no king or woodgate,

another problem is we played man c with no defensive cover, how can you play lennon bale kranker modric vdv in the middle, wheres yhr guy who can tackle, why cant wp play before hes sold,
    livermoor should of started with modric

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:23