The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Arsenal game and facebookers. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Arsenal game and facebookers. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Arsenal game and facebookers. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Arsenal game and facebookers. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Arsenal game and facebookers. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Arsenal game and facebookers. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Arsenal game and facebookers. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Arsenal game and facebookers. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Arsenal game and facebookers. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Arsenal game and facebookers. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
Boltjean
LOBO
BazSpur
7 posters

Arsenal game and facebookers.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Arsenal game and facebookers. Empty Arsenal game and facebookers.

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 28 2011, 23:40

Facebook is awash with predictions for Sunday's fixture against the goons. I can't believe some of the scorelines being suggested by the Yids. 4-0 Spurs and 5-0 I even saw a 6-0. Most reckon we will bury them. I for one don't think it will be that easy. It never is when we play them. We have the squad to beat them there is no doubt of that but lets get real. they aren't going to lay down and die. It's a north London Derby and form usually goes out of the window. My heart says we should trounce them but my head is saying it'll be the odd goal either way. I'm going 2-1 Spurs.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Arsenal game and facebookers. Empty Re: Arsenal game and facebookers.

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 29 2011, 00:06

Your right Baz the form book does go out the window where these two are concerned , but i think if we get at them from the off and take our chances it could be all over by half time, I'm going to stick my neck out here and say 4-1
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 29 2011, 00:40

Hope you're right Lobs. I would love it but I think it will be tighter than that.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29 2011, 02:55

BazSpur wrote:Facebook is awash with predictions for Sunday's fixture against the goons. I can't believe some of the scorelines being suggested by the Yids. 4-0 Spurs and 5-0 I even saw a 6-0. Most reckon we will bury them. I for one don't think it will be that easy. It never is when we play them. We have the squad to beat them there is no doubt of that but lets get real. they aren't going to lay down and die. It's a north London Derby and form usually goes out of the window. My heart says we should trounce them but my head is saying it'll be the odd goal either way. I'm going 2-1 Spurs.

Hello baz ! heres a rare one for you ! not starting to post again but i had to on this one, yeah i make them right for a couple of reasons.
    They have lorded it for so long over tottenham, this is going to be harrys greatest moment as a spurs manager, forget the cl campaign, this is pay back for all the hurt, and ade is going to play a big part ! because he can.
    I see a big score coming up and no f*cking mercy, in one word the goons are sh*t.
    They deserve it big time, winning the title at whl, yeah what goes around comes around.
    This will be embarassing for them, and it will hurt.
    What i dont understand is that posters on here dont realise what a great team we have , its the best we have had since chivers, mullery, perryman and co.
    Dont be forboding baz............this could be a5ena1 all over again, and no excuses this time about reserves.

Off now until i feel really passionate about something.
    nom de plume......
    Mr plums.......aka........lew.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Sep 29 2011, 05:04

Em, I hope I am wrong Lobo and Lew but I think you are both dreaming, 4-1, I am with Baz on this one. I totaly agree with you Lew, this is one of the best squads we have had for a number of years now but, no matter how badly either side is playing, they seem to give their all when it comes to this derby. Take Van Persie out of their side and I think they are average, he is the type of player that can change a game and he is the one we have to mark out of the game, do that and perhaps as Baz said 2-1 to us and we would continue our climb into the top four, but should they beat us I think it will kick start their season. Me, I am going for the draw but pray I am wrong. Oh how I hate these games with the Arsenal, ok if we win, but if we loose I feel sick, strange but I can handle a defeat by any club not that I want us to loose any game, but this game I just hate loosing to them. A game where the cat better keep out of the way me thinks.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29 2011, 05:37

Boltjean wrote:Em, I hope I am wrong Lobo and Lew but I think you are both dreaming, 4-1, I am with Baz on this one. I totaly agree with you Lew, this is one of the best squads we have had for a number of years now but, no matter how badly either side is playing, they seem to give their all when it comes to this derby. Take Van Persie out of their side and I think they are average, he is the type of player that can change a game and he is the one we have to mark out of the game, do that and perhaps as Baz said 2-1 to us and we would continue our climb into the top four, but should they beat us I think it will kick start their season. Me, I am going for the draw but pray I am wrong. Oh how I hate these games with the Arsenal, ok if we win, but if we loose I feel sick, strange but I can handle a defeat by any club not that I want us to loose any game, but this game I just hate loosing to them. A game where the cat better keep out of the way me thinks.

I know its a game we would normally be ok with a draw len ! and i totally understand why you and baz are sitting on the fence ! to lose at man utd 8-2 is rubbish form though! even we didnt capitulate until we ran out of steam up there.
    I dont think many on this forum realise how good spurs really are, it is a great team under harry, and hopefully sandro and parker will add so much bite to the midfield that the goons wont know what has hit them, and thats where they are lacking, they have the old soft centre that we were accused of years back.
    Lets just enjoy the reserve game tomorrow and then sit back for the real game at the weekend.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Sep 29 2011, 05:54

Our performance v City was not much better Lew, and being at home made it worse.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29 2011, 06:04

Boltjean wrote:Our performance v City was not much better Lew, and being at home made it worse.

Moved on from there len, man city wouldnt do us 1-5 now, they caught us cold and dzeko had a blinder.
    Ok ! lets just see what happens. Shocked
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 29 2011, 07:41

Lew? I'd love you to be right mate I really would. As I say I am going for a 2-1 to us as I think we have the capability to beat them. I would be surprised if we racked up a big score against them, happy but surprised. I do realise we have a good team Lew but do the team realise that? We'll see and I will be the first to say you were right if we notch up a great score against them.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 29 2011, 07:54

Boltjean wrote:Our performance v City was not much better Lew, and being at home made it worse.

Leave it out len, we didn't have adebayor nor Parker in the team and Modric's head wasn't right he asked to be left out , if we played them tomorrow i think it would be a different story now

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29 2011, 11:12

but we only struggled to beat wigan. secound half with a man extra we was awfull. its how a game goes on the day.

we have a great chance in given them a good hidin . but we have to be more ruthless in front of goal.

that last 30 minutes aganst liverpool was bad. man u would have scored more,
    they didnt stop at 5 2 up
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Sep 29 2011, 17:11

Soooo looking forward to this game, I really think we can do'em. King at the back with Van Persie in his pocket. Bale down the left destroying that little Brazillian mush they just signed, in actual fact he probably get sent off 3 in 3 games on Bale, Parker and Modric in the middle given young Ramsey a footballing lesson in the middle of the park, he'll be having nightmares on Saturday night about them 2 and has a chance not to turn up at the Lane. Then up top Ade and Defoe... Koscienly wont know whats hit him, they'll leave him dizzy for a fornight.

Happy days boys here come the SPURS!!!!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 29 2011, 17:56

If we beat a*se on Sunday which i think we will, it will be the first time under Redknapp we have managed to win 4 prem games in a row which we haven't done for a few years now
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Sep 29 2011, 22:19

Talked to a few Goons about this game and what I'm generally getting from them is, them getting in their excuses already ...

We're the favorites cos they've no longer got Fabregas and Nasri .....

Unbelievable or what ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 29 2011, 22:33

There have been many times in the past when we had players out through injury and couldn't put forward a decent squad to play them. Didn't bother them though did it? If we beat them I will be all over their facebook pages like a f*cking rash lol.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Sep 29 2011, 22:42

Baz I remember going into games against them with the Ginger Pele wearing our white shirt ..... lol.....

We're actually favorites for the first time in many a year and it'll be interesting to see how the two teams react to that fact....I can see a red shirted sending off...lol

We so need to win this ...
    bounce
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Sep 30 2011, 02:25

Quietly confident
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Sep 30 2011, 04:47

Quietly confident?, you sure go into your post in depth Nic, gave me a headache reading all that.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Oct 01 2011, 07:34

Apologies Len In the car at the time waiting to get past a smash - and all of a sudden .....
    Interesting game on Sunday -Spuds certainly have to fancy the three points having a decent run of form and at home, while AFC not settled and had some poor results

But we both know the game will have a lot more to do with the side that reacts best to the pressure, that works together and takes what I suspect will be very few chances

Cool heads required - and I think our heads will be cooler than yours Wink

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 08:22

Cool heads Nic ? How many red cards so far this season drunken ? This is going to be an open game. Both attacks have pace & both defences are susceptable to pace. A game won in midfield me thinks . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Oct 01 2011, 10:21

A game won in midfield me thinks . . . . .

Parker, modric anyone?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 11:37

baz thats so true about us having loads of players out in the games we lost to them

that 3 0 the last time they beat us we had no defoe lennon or king

for the first time in ages we are favorites. now its upto the team to go out there and prove it
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Oct 02 2011, 00:18

I wonder who will get the red card for chopping down Bale. Then again will the Arsenal players try to intimidate Ade and get him sent off. I do hope the players keep a cool head, mind you they will need to with the forecast saying it will be another hot day, I can see a few players loosing it and as long as it's not our's I don't mind.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02 2011, 02:00

Boltjean wrote:I wonder who will get the red card for chopping down Bale. Then again will the Arsenal players try to intimidate Ade and get him sent off. I do hope the players keep a cool head, mind you they will need to with the forecast saying it will be another hot day, I can see a few players loosing it and as long as it's not our's I don't mind.

I actually think its going to be a thrilling game len ! probably a classic, a*se will attack and leave themselves open, thats the way they play and they have an awful defence without vermalen.
    The role of king will be pivotal, and he will bring out the best in kaboul .
    We are all saying ade will score? maybe he will ? maybe he wont ? i think rather that the a*se will concentrate on ade and bale will take advantage, along with modric getting on the score sheet.
    Still think its goals all the way for spurs in this one.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Oct 02 2011, 08:06

difference now is they have a very good keeper imo,he commands that defence of theirs and gives them more confidence than they had with the other two before.saying that i still think we have enough to beat them but i do think scezney will play a big part for them and cant see us putting many past him. hope he has a nightmare though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02 2024, 13:24