The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role

Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role Empty Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06 2011, 02:04

Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart admits he was disappointed that Harry Redknapp decided to play him out of position on the right wing during his club's 2-1 victory over Arsenal.

Van der Vaart has usually been deployed in central positions, either behind a lone striker or as part of a two-man midfield, and the Holland international believes those are the roles that allow him to display his skills.

However, Redknapp opted to switch him to the wider areas at White Hart Lane on Sunday and, although he scored Tottenham's opening goal, Van der Vaart has risked Redknapp's wrath by revealing he was frustrated to have to do so much defensive work.

"I have definitely had a series of irritations. You want to play in the position where you do best," he told The Sun.

"But if I have to chase after an attacking full-back every time, I can't play my own game to my best ability.

"Sunday was not the first time I have played out wide and I was given the freedom to move infield. But you could see from the goal I scored that my strength lies in the centre of midfield.

"It proves that I am more dangerous when I am close to the goal than when I play out on the wing. I do what the manager asks me to but I hope this won't be a regular occurrence."

Van der Vaart was also unhappy that Redknapp decided to substitute him in the 63rd minute and bring on Sandro to reinforce the midfield.

Redknapp regularly takes Van der Vaart off because there is a weakness in the player's hamstrings, a remark the 28-year-old wishes the manager had kept to himself.

"In my opinion he made a mistake in making his comments about my most recent injury," Van der Vaart said.

"He took me off because he did not want to take any risks with me. I can understand that but I am convinced I could have played for 90 minutes.

"I was amazed to be taken off. I felt I'd played a great game. I scored and also three times put team-mates in one-on-ones with Arsenal's keeper.

Van der Vaart has also criticised Arsenal for taking their defeat badly, following suggestions that his goal should not have stood and that he should have received a second yellow card for celebrating with the crowd.

"They are bad losers. No, it was not handball - I took the ball on my chest," he said.

"And have you seen how close the crowd is to our pitch? Where else should I run?

http://sports.yahoo.com

Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role Empty Re: Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06 2011, 02:47

he should just get on with it, apart from hes goal he was the worst player on the pitch
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role Empty Re: Van der Vaart angry at Redknapp for right wing role

Post by anicoll5 Thu Oct 06 2011, 03:19

A set of silly comments that you would not expect an intelligent and experienced pro like RdV to make - his agent whispering in his ear perhaps ?
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Oct 06 2011, 04:55

Take that with a pinch of salt.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Oct 06 2011, 05:50

Not being funny but no player is bigger than the team. I agree with Lought VDV should just knuckle down and get on with it.As for Sandro coming on? We looked much better when he came on.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Oct 06 2011, 05:53

Proof that vdv has written in to his contract that he must be first choice when fit as the rumors go , hence the sarky comments when left out of the Europa match ,either that or its a misrepresentation of an interview he did in dutch that has been lost in translation ..
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Oct 06 2011, 06:05

that isexactly what it was lobs. i heard a dutch reporter on hawksbe and jacobs show on talksport today at work and he said it is complete nonsence. he spoke to vdv on tues after the match and vdv was telling him how happy he was at spurs and how in 3 derbys v a*se he has scored 4 times so why wouldnt he be happy, hes no prob with harry at all just a bit suprised he was on the right but unhappy ? no way he is enjoying every min at spurs. slow news day so some hack has twisted a dutch interview to make it into a story it isnt.happy player news is not good for our tabloids im afraid.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06 2011, 08:24

Right wing, left back. Centre forward, centre half. Play for the badge . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07 2011, 00:43

Following the comments of Rafael van der Vaart this week, Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has told the Dutchman to concentrate on his football.

Van der Vaart had been frustrated at being played on the right-hand-side of midfield against Arsenal, rather than in a more central role, and reiterated his disappointment at being substituted early again.

But Redknapp, talking in The Sun, admits there is an issue with playing the former Real Madrid man on the right: "Rafa can't run back and chase the full-back. Against the better teams it is a problem. Rafa's best position is in the middle, playing just behind the front man. The only problem is that Jermain Defoe plays there too and Jermain is playing very, very well at the moment.

"So, I guess I have got a decision to make, haven't I? I suppose it's now between Rafa and Jermain over who plays in the team. Rafa is a terrific footballer. He has great skill. But if you're in the team and asked to do a job, really, you should just do it."

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 07 2011, 02:56

So there is a problem between Arry and VDV then? I agree with Arry VDV should just get on with the business in hand.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07 2011, 03:42

theres no problem just play 442. drop vdv or tell him to stay up front

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02 2024, 13:16