The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What a great signing. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What a great signing. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What a great signing. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What a great signing. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What a great signing. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What a great signing. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What a great signing. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What a great signing. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What a great signing. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What a great signing. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
LOBO
BazSpur
6 posters

What a great signing.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

What a great signing. Empty What a great signing.

Post by BazSpur Thu Oct 06 2011, 19:42

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

What a great signing. Empty Re: What a great signing.

Post by LOBO Thu Oct 06 2011, 23:43

Best 5 million ever spent !
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 07 2011, 03:08

Great vision and awareness, he has a tireless engine, can tackle, his passes are sublime, he is calm and doesn't panic, doesn't score many goals but hey that's ok it's not his job and in the absence of Ledders he should be Captain. He is a polished proffessional. One of the old school. Has is shirt tucked in and he has a 60s hair cut. Like many have said he is the mid-field player we have been nmissing. The last piece of the jigsaw. Great signing. He reminds me of Stevie Perryman. He was very much like Parker.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07 2011, 03:53

BazSpur wrote:Great vision and awareness, he has a tireless engine, can tackle, his passes are sublime, he is calm and doesn't panic, doesn't score many goals but hey that's ok it's not his job and in the absence of Ledders he should be Captain. He is a polished proffessional. One of the old school. Has is shirt tucked in and he has a 60s hair cut. Like many have said he is the mid-field player we have been nmissing. The last piece of the jigsaw. Great signing. He reminds me of Stevie Perryman. He was very much like Parker.

Have to agree with the perryman likeness baz ! only shame is we got him so late in his career.
    He was the one outstanding player at charlton when curbishley was there and then the same at west ham last season...........they would have been down long before the season ended if they hadnt had parker.
    My man utd mate was laughing when he heard what we got for crouch and palacios , and what we paid for parker, he said we got big money for 2 sh*t players and picked up an outstanding one in parker for peanuts.
    Typical levy he reckons ! our daniel is getting a reputation for being a hard headed businessman ! lol!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07 2011, 06:02

well he had chances to join us before but turned us down.

having said that hes been one of our best players since hes joined and hes miles an inprovment on jenas and zokoro.

did you kno sandro only 6months older then jake livermoor

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07 2011, 06:29

Loughtonlegend wrote:well he had chances to join us before but turned us down.

having said that hes been one of our best players since hes joined and hes miles an inprovment on jenas and zokoro.

Have to agree lought, jenas just gave the ball away so much, and i never really thought much of zokora, but i werent a fan of carrick either who he was meant to replace.
    Parker works so hard and that must help the others put a shift in too.

Yes sandro is very young and thats what makes him such a good prospect, he too works hard in midfield .
    I want to see sandro and parker together in the spurs team, that gives the midfield so much bite.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Oct 07 2011, 06:41

I remember all the boo boys giving sandro stick at the start , I could see the talent was there and all need was a bit of time, now look at him or them come to that lol

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07 2011, 07:56

ye would be good seeing sandro and parker togeather. would be great in away games

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07 2011, 19:04

Loughtonlegend wrote:ye would be good seeing sandro and parker togeather. would be great in away games

Lought ! you reckon this is the best team we can put out.....as follows.

Friedel, walker,king,kaboul,ekotto,parker,sandro,modric,lennon,bale,adebayor.
    Who would you drop out of that lot and for who ? i was thinking that maybe lennon (through injury and lack of game fitness) but he wont come back to what he used to be without games.
    I couldnt fit defoe or vdv in there but defoe is doing well at the moment.

When you look at it we have a very strong squad of quality players and its hard to not include certain other players.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 07 2011, 22:18

Mr Plums. wrote:

Have to agree lought, jenas just gave the ball away so much, and i never really thought much of zokora, but i werent a fan of carrick either who he was meant to replace.Parker works so hard and that must help the others put a shift in too.

Yes sandro is very young and thats what makes him such a good prospect, he too works hard in midfield .
    I want to see sandro and parker together in the spurs team, that gives the midfield so much bite.

The underlined bit is actually incorrect. Check out the pass completion stats for Jenas against our other midfielders, including Modric, you'll find that Jenas is right up at the top of the tree. Short pass completion being 83%, long pass completion being 84%. Absolutely sh*t hot stats that are on a par with Modric who averages at 85%.

I could never understand this outright hatred that Spurs fans have for a player who has been one of our most consistent performers over the last 5 years or so. He has never received the recognition he deserves, especially as he was integral in our rise from relegation fodder to CL contenders. Not only that, he contributed largely to us getting to the CL in the first place.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 00:18

ionman34 wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:

Have to agree lought, jenas just gave the ball away so much, and i never really thought much of zokora, but i werent a fan of carrick either who he was meant to replace.Parker works so hard and that must help the others put a shift in too.

The underlined bit is actually incorrect. Check out the pass completion stats for Jenas against our other midfielders, including Modric, you'll find that Jenas is right up at the top of the tree. Short pass completion being 83%, long pass completion being 84%. Absolutely sh*t hot stats that are on a par with Modric who averages at 85%.

I could never understand this outright hatred that Spurs fans have for a player who has been one of our most consistent performers over the last 5 years or so. He has never received the recognition he deserves, especially as he was integral in our rise from relegation fodder to CL contenders. Not only that, he contributed largely to us getting to the CL in the first place.

Hello Ion, nice to see you posting again.
    Well i have to bow to your superior knowledge on jenas,s passing stats, up there with modrics is pretty impressive, he has been pretty well dogged with injury for a while,and i see he is on villa,s injury list already.
    I can only go by what i saw in the televised games, i had espn for a few years and they had several live spurs games on, and the only other time of watching spurs was a few scant highlights on match of the day, so i am not saying the stats are wrong, i just wasnt impressed thats all.
    Hatred is a strong word, i dont hate any spurs player, maybe that connotation fits the bill for campbell and berbatov but certainly not jenas, he has been a good servant and scored some great goals and usually they were long range efforts, its just that i suppose we all have our favourites and jenas just wasnt one of mine.

There are players i wouldnt want to go and others i wouldnt cry over if they were sold, jenas for me falls in the latter category, i think the players harry got rid of this summer was spot on, but i dont hate them, and i
    wish jenas luck at villa if the move gets to be permanent, and good luck to the others at their new respective clubs.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 02:09

i dont hate jenas and think hes a decent sqaud player but i feel livermoor parker and sandro are all better

and lew its hard to drop defoe as hes working hard.

as for lennon he should be on the bench untill he gets hes fitness up. as for vdv he wouldnt be in my starting 11

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 03:16

Loughtonlegend wrote:i dont hate jenas and think hes a decent sqaud player but i feel livermoor parker and sandro are all better

and lew its hard to drop defoe as hes working hard.

as for lennon he should be on the bench untill he gets hes fitness up. as for vdv he wouldnt be in my starting 11

Agree with what you say lought, this is the mellow mr plums you are talking to ! lol!
    Vdv too, but he would be on the bench as an alternative.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Oct 08 2011, 05:47

I remember all the boo boys giving sandro stick at the start , I could see the talent was there and all need was a bit of time, now look at him or them come to that lol[/quote]
    I DONT REMEMBER THAT AT ALL LOBS, I WENT TO QUITE A FEW AND I NEVER HEARD A MURMER ABOUT SANDRO, YOU SURE IT WAS HIM THEY WAS ON AT ? Shocked
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Oct 08 2011, 08:01

Outstanding contribution from Scottie tonight - thank f*ck the Montengrans rested three of their first choice side - typical England star
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Oct 08 2011, 08:06

rooneys dads pleased, he had a wedge on wayne sent off. their still at it lol

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 08:24

england are a joke. fabio should go. how many defensive players did we have out there tonight.

even before rooney got sent off we was gettin outplayed .

barry is a donkey how is he gettin so many caps.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Oct 08 2011, 08:36

fabio goes , hary follows , were left in sh*t, carefull what you wish for.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 08:37

jose will be here.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Oct 08 2011, 08:40

f*cking shambles in Montenegro - 10 minutes good football and goal, then a second soft goal against the run of play - and then the lOcals ran the game and were unlucky not to take all the points
    No doubt the meeja and Lought will pin the blame on Fabio
    Truth is the clowns on the field were - to a man to be honest - second best to the mighty Montenegrans

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 08:54

but he picks the same shite, how fk is barry stil playing. why bring lumpard on.
    joe hart just a poser . walcot is just awfull and should only be used as an impact sub.
    we ended the game with 8 defensiv players and still couldnt keep out the mighty Montenegro

we will get smashed in the euros again. same story lumpard terry barry get there 100 attempt to win a major tournment with england. and dowining hes rubbish and im glad we didnt get cahill hes worse then dawson

lets hope rooney gets a 5 game ban because he might learn then
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 08 2011, 09:14

Didn't even know we were playing tonight , 2-2 job done qualified what is there to talk about :P
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Oct 08 2011, 09:14

leave it out lought," worse than dawson" why you slateing him. dawsons ok at spurs ffs and hes done ok for england when played.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 08 2011, 19:45

shearspur wrote:

I remember all the boo boys giving sandro stick at the start , I could see the talent was there and all need was a bit of time, now look at him or them come to that lol
    I DONT REMEMBER THAT AT ALL LOBS, I WENT TO QUITE A FEW AND I NEVER HEARD A MURMER ABOUT SANDRO, YOU SURE IT WAS HIM THEY WAS ON AT ? Shocked [/quote]

I mean on the chats & Forums , quite a few questioned why on earth we had bought him , he was getting quite a bit of stick from what i can remember.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Oct 08 2011, 19:59

Any chance we can get this thead back on topic lads?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 23:06