The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  Empty Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.

Post by BazSpur Wed Oct 19 2011, 17:23

http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/10/blogs/surely-this-signals-the-end-of-this-tottenham-man%e2%80%99s-career

Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  Empty Re: Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20 2011, 05:04

I guess by that baz you mean the failure to sign cahill, or another cb ?
    Well it might cost us 4th, simply because as the article says the team is more sound in defence with king playing.
    I never rated bassong and was slated for my comments when we first signed him, and now others on here are saying the same thing, but he could get better with a run of games and a bit of confidence building, his problem is that he gets brushed aside too easily and has to learn to dig in .
    Dont know how long we have to wait for gallas to return, its really farcical that we cant get a totally fit squad of players, there is always someone crocked who is key to the team.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.  Empty Re: Short sightedness could cost us top 4 again.

Post by BazSpur Thu Oct 20 2011, 06:03

Exactly Lew. We need to address the centre back situation and yes you're right I believe we should have bought Cahill no matter what Bolton were asking. We were desperate Lew. You only had to look at Arry's face when he came out of the Lodge on transfer deadline day to tell the reporter at the gate that we hadn't got Cahill. He was devastated. Why? Because he knew with the age of Gallas and with Woodgate gone and Ledders always injured we would be in big trouble and so it has proved. We missed a golden opportunity to shore up our beleagered centre back position with Cahill. How long have we had problems in that area? Now with King out, Gallas out and Dawson out we have big, big problems. This is not the time to be blooding in players although we have no choice. Bassong has to play. Lets hope he learns quickly otheerwise our top 4 spot is gone.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Oct 20 2011, 09:19

Mr Plums. wrote:
    I never rated bassong , his problem is that he gets brushed aside too easily and has to learn to dig in .

Yea agree with that, also his decision making is questionable at times when all he needs to do is knock the ball out of play 'or row z it .

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Oct 20 2011, 17:06

Corluka is another option at centre half and a fit Huddlestone can play there too, he has done quite well there in the past when ask to play centre half
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Oct 20 2011, 17:07

Obviously not long term solutions but just 2 other options to call upon when in a jam!
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Oct 20 2011, 17:09

Could Caulker come in next season and do a job for us at centre half? Hows the lad progressing on his loan spell??

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21 2011, 00:41

He (caulker) shouldnt be on loan when we have this problem lee ! how did i know this was going to happen ? lol, but cahill isnt the answer imho.
    Corluka should be played at cb and not bassong, harry wanted bassong sold in the summer and we still have him at spurs, and we concede goals with the bloke, but being in a squad with king and gallas should have brought his game on a bit
    If we can get gallas back then maybe not to much damage will be done !
    I dont like to slate any spurs player, but i didnt like the signing of bassong when it happened.
    Would like to see the bloke prove me wrong though , if he can get his act together, he has to go out there and defend like king, who is a great role model for any cb.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 21 2011, 01:57

No return date for Gallas Lew. Why do you say Cahill isn't the answer he was highly rated last season? Weren't people saying the same about Scott Parker even though he got player of the year? People were saying Gallas would not be the answer and until his injury he was briliant ditto Woodgate.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Oct 21 2011, 08:44

Guys ...Caulker has been returned to us by Swansea with I think, an ankle injury and is out for 2 months I last heard....
    Bentley too, got injured whilst at the Spams ...
    Our players injury curse is not confined to just when they play for us it seems.
    Crying or Very sad

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21 2011, 23:58

BazSpur wrote:No return date for Gallas Lew. Why do you say Cahill isn't the answer he was highly rated last season? Weren't people saying the same about Scott Parker even though he got player of the year? People were saying Gallas would not be the answer and until his injury he was briliant ditto Woodgate.

Hi Baz ! sorry i wasnt being rude by not answering this the other day, i left myself signed in after going offline.
    Regarding cahill, from what i have seen he is an (ok) cb, imo he hasnt the defensive qualites we need at spurs and at £17 mill bolton were having a laugh, they were conceding goals for fun a couple of weeks back with cahill playing, although to be fair to them they have a long injury list that is probably affecting their early season form.
    I always wanted parker, him and a fully fit sandro are a formidable midfield force, protecting the back four but getting the midfield going by breaking up and starting moves.
    Gallas i have always said would be good for spurs, shame he is injured. Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 19:46