The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
pav not well - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
pav not well - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
pav not well - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
pav not well - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
pav not well - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
pav not well - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
pav not well - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
pav not well - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
pav not well - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

pav not well - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
shearspur
LOBO
MarkA249
7 posters

pav not well

djfitzo
    International
    International

pav not well - Page 2 Empty Re: pav not well

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 10 2011, 20:16

Loughtonlegend wrote:adel can hack it, he was man of the match in most or qpr early games in the prem. then aganst us him and swp didnt do much with the latter being worse but then half time warnock takes adel off and goes 442. swp then has a good game but why didnt he start 442. they played 442 at man c aswell and played well

since adel not taken free kicks and barton takes them all yet not scored one of them.

and as for pav at least he can score aganst the man u liverpool and chelsea. has defoe ever scored at arsneal or man u yet played aganst them so many times.

Sorry Lought, his a legend in his own lunchtime, we had the same old rubbish about how this club and that club were after him, how he was going to Paris St Germain and now his getting subbed at QPR for no other reason that he is not a prem player. He, like Pav has no work ethic and looks like his been down at Mrs.Miggins pie shop.

Now take Kyle Walker, got loaned to QPR and was excellant in the fizzy pop, but unlike Adel, NO and I mean NO prem club came in for him, so its not just Harry that didnt rate him, yet Villa took Walker and the rest is history, your are either a prem player or not and he aint.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 10 2011, 22:30

He, like Pav has no work ethic and looks like his been down at Mrs.Miggins pie shop. pav not well - Page 2 348204

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11 2011, 03:48

what a load of crap
    walker got in the team because charlie got injuried or he would be bench warming

so i guess you rekon gio rubbish aswell. have u even seen the clips of adel. even ion can see hes got the talent.

baz you need to be your own person and not just side with people because you have to cos ur scared they will stop posting again.

the facebook banter page is full of fickle idiots.

theres a few decent posters on here

anyway what did you think of pavs free kick the other week
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Nov 11 2011, 04:06

Loughtonlegend wrote:what a load of crap
    walker got in the team because charlie got injuried or he would be bench warming

so i guess you rekon gio rubbish aswell. have u even seen the clips of adel. even ion can see hes got the talent.

baz you need to be your own person and not just side with people because you have to cos ur scared they will stop posting again.

Sorry Lought, Charlie wasnt injured at the beginning of the season, Walker played on merit.

Gio has the ability and so has Taraabt, unfortunately they dont have the mental capability to match it.

I have watched loads of Adel doing his stuff in the fizzy pop, but rarely in the prem where his been found out.

Gio was great against a poor team like Shamrock and was atrocious against Rubin and got subbed.

Yes Pavs free kick was fantastic, but his overall play is poor, contrast to Defoe who's been dropped
    for VDV and evertime he comes on gives his all, unlike Pav.

Baz is old and ugly enough to make his own decisions and certainly didnt e-mail me to beg me to start
    posting again.

Like you say, everyone is entitled to their opinions, just mine and many others are different to yours.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 11 2011, 04:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:what a load of crap

I am my own person Lought and to be quite honest it's a f*cking insult to me to try and paint me as someone who follows the crowd. So I'll thank you to keep your personal thoughts about me to yourself. You don't even know me. As for facebook if you feel like that about the people on there then don't go on there. I agree with most on here about your constant putting down of Spurs and the players. To be honest while I am on a rant you bring f*ck all to this forum all you do is come on here and whinge whine and moan about Spurs with hardly anything positive to say. You even wanted QPR to beat us because of you blind love for Tarrabt. Give it a rest, it's boring, in fact you are boring, very boring.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11 2011, 06:40

Lought, come on now young man, you dont have to have a go at baz as he has his own opinions, he doesnt go with the flow as you are saying, this forum is much better than coys or facebook to talk spurs on.
    I cant see the point on going on about adel, pav or gio, to tell the honest truth, you love em and must keep hope that harry plays them at some stage to prove a point.
    To tell the honest truth to want spurs to lose to prove a point is pretty bad for a spurs fan, i guess had adel scored against spurs you would have been over the moon.
    Cant you see that we have moved on from players like that, just take a look at the side, pav and gio and adel had he stayed would only ever had been bench warming fringe players for us, they arent good enough.
    You wanted crouch gone, palacios, jenas and now others arent good enough for you.
    Think about a spurs side with gio , pav and adel as regulars, we would be mid table, who would you drop for them?
    If your posts about them isnt a wind up then i fear for your sanity.
    Look at the team lought.
    friedel, walker,ekotto, king ,kaboul,bale,modric,parker,lennon,vdv, ade or defoe.

Ade is playing well and made the pass to defoe against fulham,pav would have spun round and smashed it into the side netting, as for gio, really cant see who you would drop for him.

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Fri Nov 11 2011, 06:48

Agree Baz is no sheep but he is from Wales isnt he ? lol! but Adel is P*ss poor how many times has he been subbed at half time as for Gio and Pav they both want to go in Jan so why bother trying anyway. You can tell Spurs fans r going off Pav how often do u here super super pav tune at White Hart Lane these days not heard it for ages

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11 2011, 06:49

lew my sanity lol from the guy that has so many tantrums

i belive in what i post.

we been lucky for ages. vdv is a big problem like he was the second half of last season when we couldnt win a game

if vdv dont score then he dont bring nuffin else to the team
    hes greedy and is not much of a team player
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 11 2011, 06:53

MarkA249 wrote:Agree Baz is no sheep but he is from Wales isnt he ? lol! but Adel is P*ss poor how many times has he been subbed at half time as for Gio and Pav they both want to go in Jan so why bother trying anyway. You can tell Spurs fans r going off Pav how often do u here super super pav tune at White Hart Lane these days not heard it for ages

Haha Mark, no mate I live in Wales I'm not from Wales fella. Enfield boy born and bred mate.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11 2011, 06:56

baz i dont go on the facebook banter page much as i dont take it serious. like jim said you have to get through loads of post to find anything decent

and as for i dont bring nuffing to the forum thats nice that is.

i put up links when i do watch the games at home. i post loads of good stuff aswel as conterversal post that get people posting.

but like you know the good stuff gets blanked. you wrote some good stuff on here that gets ignored aswell.

i been posting since 2005 on here and before then on aolboards

ask yourself how come since burgs has been banned how many spurs posters have stopped posting on here

people like a good debate and a good arguement.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Fri Nov 11 2011, 07:08

Lought u r 1 in a million u do take loads of sh*t but u still keep coming back u fight your corner about your players which we understand but then u slag players off who r better than the ones u stick up for lol! u do make a good debate but sometimes u go over the top u championed Pav saying his goals got us into the champions league but u slag off Dawson who was in defence for all that season

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11 2011, 07:15

i like dawson. i just think hes overated and is not that great defender but he makes up for that because he plays with a smile.

the only spurs player i hated has now gone. and guess what hes not scoring for stoke either

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11 2011, 12:28

Loughtonlegend wrote:lew my sanity lol from the guy that has so many tantrums

i belive in what i post.

we been lucky for ages. vdv is a big problem like he was the second half of last season when we couldnt win a game

Sure do lought but not lately ! i now sidestep potential arguments and give them a wide berth, what i did in the summer looked really bad and i dont feel good about it still, but this isnt about me is it ?
    Funny enough i agree with some of your material, but thats only because i too can be critical of some spurs players performances.
    The thing is that vdv is scoring and as long as he continues to do that then he deserves his place in the team, you know what ? i would trust him with every penalty, some of the missed pens over the seasons have been appalling.
    I cant see why you continue to go on about those players you mention, i have watched gio when he has played and its justified from harry that he doesnt play him, or pav, he just doesnt like to get in there where it matters and wont pass, he is so desperate to get on the score sheet himself that he forgets the bigger picture, the simple pass to allow someone else to score for spurs.
    I put players like andros townsend and carroll way ahead of gio and pav, even though we are talking different positions here.
    I am pleased with the team, i think we can take maximum points from the man utd and chelsea home games, we have already taken the points from liverpool and arsenal, and can only see man city being the hardest away game we still have to play, chelsea and liverpool , arsenl away are distinct possible draws or possible wins, a few years ago we would have lost all of them, we should have really hung on for the win at newc but we lost king early in that game, i have no confidence in bassing, never have and never will, i wished we had gone in for hangeland of fulham a couple of seasons back, rather than bassong from a dreadful newcastle side.
    Why then would you want gio and pav in the side, i really cant see for what reason other than stats with pav and some faith in gio who i feel isnt even doing much in the europa league games, if he was setting the world alight in those games then i would be the first to agree.
    You arent keen on daws, neither am i but he does get in where it matters, he is a brave last ditch defender at times, however when getting the ball out of defence he seems to plonk it straight back to the opposition and we are back under the cosh again.
    As i said i cant see who you would want to drop for gio and pav, those two have to prove they are first team material, pav scored a screamer of a free kick, granted, great goal, gio needs to put in performances to make harry sit up and take notice, so far from the europa league games its townsend and carroll that are taking all the plaudits.

pav not well - Page 2 Empty Extra ,Extra, read all about it, pav in hospital having an x,ray.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11 2011, 12:35

........they wanted to see if he,s got any work inside him. lol!
    I know its going to be merged at some point but i thought it funny anyway.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Nov 11 2011, 19:48

Lought, I agree with that, but as he had scored in every game for 5 matches, he had to play, his the most clinical finisher we have. But he didnt score against Fulham and we still won.

I got sick to death of the games we outplay teams and got nothing, we deserve some luck, but most is better defending.

You dont give players a chance sometimes, one bad game and they have to be moved on.

I for one am very happy with the current Spurs team or would you rather we had one player like Van Persie to rely on, cos thats Arsenal have. Have both them and Chelski been unlucky? or is it that we just defend better than we used to?

Healthy debate is good, but keep going on about certain players is not, your very big on facts and the facts are this.

Taraabt has been found wanting in the prem and its not down to Joey Barton

Pav is a good player, but not top drawer and will hide when the going gets tough

Gio plays well against crap teams and again was found wanting against better teams (Rubin)

I too have been here a while and on aol and i dont know one other poster that turns on a player than
    you do.

In my time on the boards, players that deserve our support ie Bale, Lennon, Defoe get compared to other players and often step up to the plate and not because someone else got injured.

No one denies that you do post useful stuff like links etc and some interesting facts, but you do moan most posts.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 05:13

djfitzo wrote:we been lucky for ages. vdv is a big problem like he was the second half of last season when we couldnt win a game

Lought, I agree with that, but as he had scored in every game for 5 matches, he had to play, his the most clinical finisher we have. But he didnt score against Fulham and we still won.

I got sick to death of the games we outplay teams and got nothing, we deserve some luck, but most is better defending.

You dont give players a chance sometimes, one bad game and they have to be moved on.

I for one am very happy with the current Spurs team or would you rather we had one player like Van Persie to rely on, cos thats Arsenal have. Have both them and Chelski been unlucky? or is it that we just defend better than we used to?

Healthy debate is good, but keep going on about certain players is not, your very big on facts and the facts are this.

Taraabt has been found wanting in the prem and its not down to Joey Barton

Pav is a good player, but not top drawer and will hide when the going gets tough

Gio plays well against crap teams and again was found wanting against better teams (Rubin)

I too have been here a while and on aol and i dont know one other poster that turns on a player than
    you do.

In my time on the boards, players that deserve our support ie Bale, Lennon, Defoe get compared to other players and often step up to the plate and not because someone else got injured.

No one denies that you do post useful stuff like links etc and some interesting facts, but you do moan most posts.

thanks for the sensible reply dj. back to vdv he stopped scoring from jan last season but was not dropped. thats my point the guy can do no wrong as he will never be dropped. we have the best sqaud we ever had so we should use it. players like ade and parker work hard but we have defoe and sandro.

as for taarabt he has the talent he just looks so unfit. theres so many averge players in this league with less talent then him. i just cant belive hes not allowed to take free kicks anymore given the goals hes scored from free kicks.

gio i agree with. hes never done it in a spurs shirt. maybe its the positon harry plays him .

pav is a good player. arguebly the best finniser at the club.
    is good enough to start and give ade a much needed rest. freashin ade up if u like lol
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sat Nov 12 2011, 05:16

Pav best finisher now your been silly lought everybody knows Defoe is all the pundits think that too they cant all be wrong

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 05:33

defoe is an inpact player. when hes in front of goal he tends to just smash it. natural goalscorers dont hardly ever smash the ball in.

allan hansen said the same thing.

how many times do we see defoe one on one and miss becase he just hits it hard.
    berbatov top goalscorer last season and hardly played . hes somone that can fiinish

compare the chances darren bent and defoe have and compare the goals. darren wins every time
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Nov 12 2011, 18:28

thanks for the sensible reply dj. back to vdv he stopped scoring from jan last season but was not dropped. thats my point the guy can do no wrong as he will never be dropped. we have the best sqaud we ever had so we should use it. players like ade and parker work hard but we have defoe and sandro.

You're never happy Lought. Both Ade and Parker are in form but you want to drop them. You bang on about VDV's form of last season when it is totally irrelevant. You never have praise for ONE SINGLE PLAYER unless they are on the bench then come out with every sigle excuse in the book for them when they get a chance and are garbage.

Now you're saying we should use Defoe when you can't stand him.

You really don't know what you're talking about do you. You contradict yourself so much it's laughable.

as for taarabt he has the talent he just looks so unfit. theres so many averge players in this league with less talent then him. i just cant belive hes not allowed to take free kicks anymore given the goals hes scored from free kicks.

There we go with the excuses. Why is he unfit? He had a preseason and has featured every game so he should be completely match fit. The fact of the matter is that he is lazy, selfish and has been found out. He believes your type of hype and isn't prepared to do what it takes to be successful in the Prem.
    He's been so poor that you now clutch at the 'he should be taking free kicks' guff. If he was the 'superstar' you make him out to be then Barton wouldn't get a look in. But the truth of the matter is that Barton does because he is currently better than Taarabt, and Barton never got a sniff at Spurs.

gio i agree with. hes never done it in a spurs shirt. maybe its the positon harry plays him .

Aitch has given him runs in every midfield position and he really hasn't done it. Nothing to do with Harry, Gio just doesn't have it for our league I'm sorry to say.

pav is a good player. arguebly the best finniser at the club.

Be serious, Friedel is a better finisher than Pav! I've lost count of the shots he's had where the linesman was in more danger than the keeper! It just so happens that he manages to catch the odd one sweetly. He's lazy, lacks intelligence and has zero mental, or physical, strength.
    He is not a good player at all.

is good enough to start and give ade a much needed rest. freashin ade up if u like lol

He's not even good enough for the bench and better than 95% of Spurs fans agree with that. An injured Ade provides more than a fit Pav. The sooner he is gone the sooner we can move on with players who WANT to play for us.[/quote]

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 19:53

Well i think that sort of sums up what some of us are trying to tell lought. study
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Nov 12 2011, 21:14

He's not even good enough for the bench and better than 95% of Spurs fans agree with that.

Some people just love swimming against the tide though ion.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sat Nov 12 2011, 21:42

Loughtonlegend wrote:defoe is an inpact player. when hes in front of goal he tends to just smash it. natural goalscorers dont hardly ever smash the ball in.

allan hansen said the same thing.

how many times do we see defoe one on one and miss becase he just hits it hard.
    berbatov top goalscorer last season and hardly played . hes somone that can fiinish

compare the chances darren bent and defoe have and compare the goals. darren wins every time

Darren Bent plays for mid table teams and will get goals for them Defoe banged them in for Pompey when he went there. As for Berba i think if i was playing up front for Man Utd with the chances they create i would be top scorer lol!. And u say Defoe blasts the ball have u seen Pav shooting Defoes goals against Wolves last season no blast 5 against Wigan no Blast Defoe is clinical. Its funny with Defoe we got top 4 but with Darren Bent we struggled DB is not good enough 4 top 6 sides simple as

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13 2011, 01:43

yes wolves last season. i belive he only scored in 2 other league games that season.

pav so bad hes been our top scorer for the past 2 seasons and thats not starting as many games as the others

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13 2011, 06:45

pav just posted on facebook

Well played Nosey Parker! But I am not playing for few weeks now.

hes shoulder not right and he had to pull out of russia friendly yesterday
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Nov 13 2011, 07:40

Loughtonlegend wrote:pav just posted on facebook

hes shoulder not right and he had to pull out of russia friendly yesterday
    YEAH, hes having the operation to have the chip removed from it monday. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30 2024, 13:50