The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Pav EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Pav EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Pav EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Pav EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Pav EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Pav EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Pav EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Pav EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Pav EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Pav Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Pav

djfitzo
    International
    International

Pav Empty Pav

Post by djfitzo Wed Dec 07 2011, 03:35

Whats your opinion on this, especially you Lought.

Is Pav deal done?

Reports in the media are suggesting that Tottenham may have already agreed to allow Roman Pavlyuchenko join Lokomotiv Moscow in January.

It is claimed that a near £8m deal is already in place and the player has agreed terms to return to Russia once the transfer window officially opens on new year`s day, which also suggests that Spurs have plans in place for an early purchase of their own, as you can`t really see them being happy to play the second half of the season with just Adebayor, Defoe and the injury prone Rafael Van der Vaart as their only three striking options, or missing out on a last minute deal, leaving themselves vulnerable to injuries, as none of the emerging players looks ready to step up for anything more than a cameo appearance.

Of course it seems that Pav isn`t part of Harry`s plans, and for that I am grateful, based on his apathy shown for the vast majority of his time in England, but a mix of poor form and untimely injuries have affected any chance of playing a bigger part on the clubs season, as he is yet to start a Prem game and has only really shown glimpses of form in the Europa cup and perhaps even then we have to question his motivation, unless it is in front of a Russian media.

If a deal is done, I`m wondering if we have already seen the last appearance of Pav in Spurs shirt, as I`m sure that the club won`t want to risk him picking up another injury that could scupper the chance of getting another unwanted player out of the club, so close to a possible departure. The interesting call will be over whether he plays in next week`s Europa league game against Shamrock Rovers or whether he picks up another mysterious pull or strain a day or two before the game...

Pav Empty Re: Pav

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 04:15

i cant see levy accpeting 7mill.

i get the feeling hes off but that would just leave us with ade and defoe and vdv whos injury prone.

i also heard he dont want to leave london as hes familey are settled.

i think bassong should go. also charlie and gio should be gone
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Dec 07 2011, 04:36

Loughtonlegend wrote:i cant see levy accpeting 7mill.

i get the feeling hes off but that would just leave us with ade and defoe and vdv whos injury prone.

i also heard he dont want to leave london as hes familey are settled.

i think bassong should go. also charlie and gio should be gone

Like it says Lought, maybe we already got someone lined up.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 05:27

From what i understand its really hard to get completed payments from east european countries, and levy aint anyones fool and i am glad he is in charge of our club.
    Pav will be sold to someone who pays up front.
    He is fcking useless and the sooner he goes the better.
    Now that should get the forum moving again instead of listening to tune mixes.

Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 06:19

how is he useless. he stopped england in euro 08
    hes our top striker in the past 2 seasons

hes scored some amazin goals yet hes never had a run in the team as other players

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 06:27

Loughtonlegend wrote:how is he useless. he stopped england in euro 08
    hes our top striker in the past 2 seasons

hes scored some amazin goals yet hes never had a run in the team as other players

Had enough chances and i really trust harrys judgement rather than yours lought.
    He,s a useless ruskie who tweets and farts online.
    Pass this on to him and maybe when he gets another chance he might take it with a bit of effort.
    One goal from a free kick doesnt make him super pav, hoddle scored loads from free kicks, when pav reaches hods figures then maybe i might agree with you.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 07:45

whos compared him to hoddle. if anything hoddle overrated. we was useless in the league when he was with us only getting 3rd in 87. would he get into this team. no course he wouldnt because hes lazy

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Dec 07 2011, 08:13

whos compared him to hoddle. if anything hoddle overrated. we was useless in the league when he was with us only getting 3rd in 87. would he get into this team. no course he wouldnt because hes lazy

Pav 348204Pav 348204 Pav 348204 Pav 348204 Pav 348204 Now I know you know nothing about football. Obviously didn't see Hoddle play then.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 08:22

take ur spurs googles of baz. would hoddle get in our team today.
    hoddle has vison and is one of the best passers but what did we win with him. 2 fa cups wich we struggled even then aganst qpr and man c.

did he play in the uefa cup final.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 08:39

yep i love being right. glen hoddle won 2 fa cups one needing a replay and the other we beat qpr 1 0 which he scored a pen w hich was a very boring game lol

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 08:41

Loughtonlegend wrote:take ur spurs googles of baz. would hoddle get in our team today.
    hoddle has vison and is one of the best passers but what did we win with him. 2 fa cups wich we struggled even then aganst qpr and man c.

did he play in the uefa cup final.
    Funny enough lought, we would not have had the replay with city but for hoddles free kick, and he was part and parcel of the team that came back up in 1977, and proved he could do it in the old first division.
    Remember that the fa cup in those days was a great way to end the season, it was a major event and has been demeaned by the money factor ruling todays game.
    Hoddle could place the ball on a one inch square, yes he would be good in the tottenham of today, both lennon and bale would benefit from his crosses to start on those mazy runs.
    Give up on pav lought, he gives you as much credibility as backing adel to the hilt.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 08:48

pav got spurs player of the month twice for spurs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Pavlyuchenko

not bad stats.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 08:51

oh so hoddle got us up from the fizzy pop league which im guessing back in them days was well weak.

are you talkin about that woeffull free kick that was going wide until huchtinson diverted it in the goal lol

hoddle and huddlestone theres not much diffenrce but most of u dont rate the hudd

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 08:54

LOL how many times did Glenda win it Lought ? I don't see how Pav can be compared to Hoodle. Journeyman striker & midfielder of the highest quality, 2 completely different posistions & 2 completely different players . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 07 2011, 08:59

Hoddle not get in the current Spuds side ?

You are a card Lought
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:05

The reality of course is that the "top" players in most clubs today would not have lasted five minutes in the 70s and 80s cos, trust me, they would have been kicked to death, and squealing and diving were years away - Pav ? Wotawanker

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:05

im saying that you lot turn things around. one minutue the fizzy pop league is crap because adel wins player of the season and gets qpr up almost single handed. yet hoddle does it and its some acheivment.

im saying hoddle is a luxery player. would you drop parker or modric for him. THERS no way hoddle would keep up with players today

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:07

you have loads of w*nkers in your team nic.

first henry who left. then nasri wouldnt sign a new contract. now rvp wont sign but can you blame them when your own manager wont sign lol
    i heard your defence was rubbish tonight
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:22

The difference Lought between Thierry Henry, Robin van Persie and yes - even Samir Nasri - is that the the English Premier League they have all proved themselves

And then we have your occasionally performing Russian

Now I appreciate you are a keen Spuds fan but comparing Roman Pavlyuchenko and Thierry Henry is abot like comparing Glenn Hoddle and Sandra

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:28

all im sayin is considring pav never had a run of games like crouch vdv defoe have had hes stats are decent.

plus i remember how bad vdv crouch and defoe was the second half of last season yet still got tons of games.

as henry he went to barce and became a bench warmer.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:34

Well who knows Lought - maybe Guardiola will be in for Pav if he has a spare slot on the Barca bench

( my a*se) clown

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:38

you wish lol he has that spot lined up for rvp lol
    no other reason why he wont sign the contract. free agent next season Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:40

Lought I am certainly not belittling Trabbants talents in the lower leagues. Hasn't done it the top flight yet tho' ! Hoodle did.
    But as this is about Pavy let me give my thoughts on him & him alone. Recently he has had a string of ailments such as asthma, training ground knee &, I hear, a very nasty nosebleed that lasted for at least a minute. Joking aside he looks disintrested & his "injury spell" this season looks to me like a player who wants to leave. Yes he has scored some goals for us but he has never really set the club alight has he ? OK he has had such a few chances to string some games together but that has been down to him as much as anything. He has had the unquestioned support of the fans & his team mates but has never really looked a team player. It just hasn't worked for him at Spurs, Rebrov & others as well eh ? That is a shame as we, the fans, hope every new signing will be the greatest ever. But it ain't like that and that is something that has to accepted and move on to the next "great hope" . . .. .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:52

Well if it a toss up between RvP and Pavlyuchenko Lought my advice to the Russian would be to not waste too much time on Spanish lessons

Let's face it - he has not done it, he never has in the PL -best thing he could is go back to a Russian club and play a bit of regular football

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 10:04

and this is the only season rvp not been injuird. it was the same with roskiy. he was always injurid then hes contract was nearly up and he got games.

anyway pav a 100 times better then chamack lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02 2024, 13:20