The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Pav - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Pav - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Pav - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Pav - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Pav - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Pav - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Pav - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Pav - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Pav - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Pav - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Pav

Pav - Page 2 Empty Re: Pav

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 10:05

vis its good to here a sensible reply from you unlike people like lew and baz sayin hes sh*t.
    as for taarabt i think its to do with him not being fit. warnock said he dont train with the club but the good news is he came in over a week ago and has been training since and even came in on hes day off. if he buckles down and works hard then he can make it. he has the abilty
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Dec 07 2011, 11:00

Loughtonlegend wrote:take ur spurs googles of baz. would hoddle get in our team today.
    hoddle has vison and is one of the best passers but what did we win with him. 2 fa cups wich we struggled even then aganst qpr and man c.

did he play in the uefa cup final.

Hoddle would walk into this team and any other team in the World. He was one of the top 4 midfielders of his generation alongside the likes of Platini and Maradona. I had the privilege of watching him play on a regular basis. Lazy at times he may have been, but he had more influence on a game than any player in the current Premiership, his quality was that outstanding.

Your choice Lought, you either know f*ck all about quality Footballers or you're a goon on a wind up.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 11:21

so bobby robson new f k all. he hardly picked hoddle for england.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 11:21

anyway hes a poor man hagi. now hagi was the real deal
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Dec 07 2011, 13:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:anyway hes a poor man hagi. now hagi was the real deal

I'm a bit out of touch with things in the UK at the moment, is it 'let a fuckwit play on your computer day' over there at the moment?

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 23:58

Tottenham are believed to have offered Roman Pavlyuchenko to Marseille in a player-plus-cash deal for fellow striker Loic Remy, 24.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Tottenham-transfer-gossip-Loic-Remy-Marseille-striker-targeted-in-swap-for-Roman-Pavlyuchenko-article839976.html

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 02:53

so why did robson or any manager hardly pick hoddle.

i thought it was because the called him a luxery player.

never tracked back. never tackled lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 08 2011, 03:34

Nor did Greaves Lought but Ramsay still picked him for England and Greaves refused to track back, He said it wasn't his job. Wasn't it you who said on here a little while back that players like Pav and Greaves shouldn't have to track back?

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 03:50

bang on baz. thats my point.
    i think hoddle is one of the best spurs players i have ever seen but would u drop modric or parker for him.

why should greaves run around the pitch when hes best job is in the box.

lf we had greaves or lineker or kilnsmann in this team instead of what we got we would walk the league
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Dec 08 2011, 04:07

If you had Messi in the team you might have a chance Lought - mind you so might Wigan

Cant see Klinsmann Lineker or Greaves would make that much difference - they never did when they did play for you

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 06:26

Loughtonlegend wrote:bang on baz. thats my point.
    i think hoddle is one of the best spurs players i have ever seen but would u drop modric or parker for him.

lf we had greaves or lineker or kilnsmann in this team instead of what we got we would walk the league

So mr loughty ! hoddle has gone to robson england failure, to one of the greatest players you have ever seen.ha ha.
    All i can say lought is that hoddle was playing when i did the tube trip from essex to north london and it was mainly to see this martin chivers discovered talent spraying the ball about, long hair, shirt outside shorts, covered in mud in the winter months, curling in corners, in fact i think i remember him curling a corner into the net, might have been an old div two game, but he did it and you dont see that happen too often.
    His crosses were immaculate, spot on, would he replace modric or parker ? these are two hard working players in their own right, and very different to hoddle, he always sported the number 4 shirt and i remember little spurs kiddies with the number 4 on their shirts in those days.
    What hoddle did apart from split defences with his crosses, was score goals, i dont see modric or parker with his goal scoring talents, someone might want to check hoddles goals for spurs.
    Having said that i dont want to start an argument about parker or modric, i think both are spurs greats and are in a great spurs team, its a different era and you have to take every player on his own merits, comparisons arent appropriate really.
    Two talents that we have now are in a different mould to hoddle and in years to come many will do comparisons with whoever are the stars then, bale, lennon, walker and ekotto, thats a great backbone for any team and the best is to come.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 08 2011, 06:33

478 Appearances 12 as Sub 110 Goals.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 08 2011, 06:39

Loughtonlegend wrote:bang on baz. thats my point.

whos compared him to hoddle. if anything hoddle overrated. we was
    useless in the league when he was with us only getting 3rd in 87. would
    he get into this team. no course he wouldnt because hes lazy

Hmmmmmm Contradiction in terms? lol!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 08:51

makes lampard look like ronaoldo lol
    so you didnt anser the question. who would you drop to accomapny hoddle into the team
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Dec 08 2011, 09:07

I'd drop Modric - disloyal mercenary little girle cnut

If I was the Spuds manager obviously
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 08 2011, 11:17

Hypothetical question but maybe room for all three. Push Modric further forward or left mid, Hoddle alongside Parker.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2011, 06:48

.......and i think baz has got that right, always a place for hod in any spurs team.
    oh and maybe a new or old thread, the first two players you would choose for the best spurs team ever, well heres my three, lol hod, chiv, gin,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02 2024, 13:14