The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Emergence EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Emergence EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Emergence EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Emergence EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Emergence EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Emergence EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Emergence EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Emergence EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Emergence EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Emergence Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Emergence

Emergence Empty Emergence

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 23:29

Are we lucky enough to be witnessing the emergence of a truely great Spurs team ? The signs are there. A lot depends on the Redknapp situaton and thats a bridge that may have to be crossed in the not too distant future but this is more about players.
    There are vast riches on offer at other clubs and as much as it irks me I cannot really blame players chasing them. As Disco Benny has said, it's just a job.
    Saying that though players must covert & enjoy playing for a team that plays the game in the right way, that has every chance of future being sucessfull & seems to have a magnificent team spirit & comradeship about it?
    There will have to be additions at some stage. I am trying to look to next season & beyond. There is a good mix of experience & youth and the loan deals being done seem to be giving the youngsters some valuable experience.
    For what there worth here's some opinions, of mine, on where we may need to tinker slightly.
    Friedel. Superb 'keeper but how long can we look to him for. Awhile longer I would imagine. As a thought I like the lad Kruhl at the Barcodes, shipped 5 yesterday but looks good.
    Ledley. Won't last for ever but Kaboul looks his natural succesor and Caulker could be the man.
    Lennon. I just feel he will move on at some stage. Dunno why but I do.
    I also think the striker posistion needs a look. Saha is not a long term solution and I can see Citeh trying to mug us over Adabayour.
    All told though the future looks very promising. There is still a bit of deadwood about. Not a criticism of good players but the likes of Gallas may have to be moved on if they are offering very little to the squad in general with constant injuries etc.
    But very promising indeed that a new dynasty could be being moulded as we watch . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Emergence Empty Re: Emergence

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Feb 13 2012, 00:13

If some of our youngsters make the step-up, that would be good but I see a busy summer for us whoever is the manager next season...
    I said similar in Lought's 25man squad thread.

https://tottenham-hotspur.forumotion.com/t6901-25man

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 19:52