The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
It could only happen to tottenham. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
It could only happen to tottenham. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
It could only happen to tottenham. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
It could only happen to tottenham. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
It could only happen to tottenham. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
It could only happen to tottenham. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
It could only happen to tottenham. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
It could only happen to tottenham. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
It could only happen to tottenham. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

It could only happen to tottenham. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

It could only happen to tottenham.

It could only happen to tottenham. Empty It could only happen to tottenham.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 19:41

Just a personal view as i havent been on the forum much lately.
    Well, here we all were, happily chugging along in 3rd place a few weeks back, even talking of a title challenge, then capello jumps the england ship and the knock on affect was immediate, with harrys englands aspirations known to all and sundry.
    But dont think i am blaming the england situation for the latest glitch in form, but no doubt harrys mind has been turned, and he isnt giving the spurs job total concentration.
    The goon game was pivotal, why when we were two up didnt he match the five in midfield wenger had out there ? no harry wasnt with it that day and paid the price.
    Since then the bad run has gone on, although i have always said that harrys team do have glitches, and then they pick up again and maybe it will come at the right time to retain 3rd place.
    I also wonder why the centre back situation, which has been worrying for years now with injury prone players constantly coming and going from that important position, hasnt been addressed, particularly the loan signing of young caulker, wasnt that absolutely the wrong decision with king and gallas in and out, ledley looking a bit slow now and gallas aging, kaboul cant do it all on his own, now dawson is out for god knows how long.
    This is not a slag off harry thread, its just a set of circumstances that could only happen to tottenham, and at a very important stage of a promising season.
    I do expect the bad run to end soon, i think the team will pick up again, and we might just limp into the top 4, but i reckon it will now go to the last match of the season...shame about the disruption though.

It could only happen to tottenham. Empty Re: It could only happen to tottenham.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17 2012, 00:59

i think galas should be told to leave at the end of the season. who would of thought he would play less games then woodgate.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Mar 17 2012, 01:14

Loughtonlegend wrote:i think galas should be told to leave at the end of the season. who would of thought he would play less games then woodgate.

woodgate?

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17 2012, 01:30

ye hes ended up playing loads of games for stoke this season and we kept galas and hes hardly played
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Mar 17 2012, 09:39

Well thought out & informative post Lew . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17 2012, 17:16

vis wrote:Well thought out & informative post Lew . . . . .

Many thanks vis.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Mar 18 2012, 02:14

Good post Lew. In all honesty I think Ledley should have been replaced before this season started and had we brought in a top class central defender at the start of the campaign perhaps we would not be looking over our shoulders at the Arsenal and Chelsea, as you said Ledley does look slow now, and why keep a player that cannot train week in week out. Can you imagine United or City keeping Ledley on their books if he played for either of them. I must say that I am not a big fan of Dawson, never have been, a bit to panicky and erratic imo. We need a solid central defender with a cool head, another Mike England.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 04 2024, 01:54