The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Not good enough for me EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Not good enough for me EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Not good enough for me EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Not good enough for me EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Not good enough for me EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Not good enough for me EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Not good enough for me EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Not good enough for me EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Not good enough for me EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Not good enough for me Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
Maximus
Boltjean
6 posters

Not good enough for me

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Not good enough for me Empty Not good enough for me

Post by Boltjean Sat Mar 31 2012, 05:20

I do not know if any of you have read this, but there is talk of Levy running the rule over Brendan Rodgers, the Swansea manager as Harrys replacement if he leaves. Rodgers has played this down by saying that while Harry is still in charge he does not want to talk about becomeing our manager. There is no doubt that Rodgers has done a first class job at Swansea but I would have thought that we would be going all out to get a top manager should Harry leave and I do not think Rodgers fits the bill, not yet anyway, in time perhaps, he is still young and imo needs a few more seasons with Swansea before takeing on a top club. He reminds me a bit of Keith Burkinshaw, quite and gets on with the job.
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Not good enough for me Empty Re: Not good enough for me

Post by Maximus Sat Mar 31 2012, 05:30

i would like to think that we had just a tad more ambition....!!!?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Mar 31 2012, 05:58

Interesting to see Rodgers as a new name mentioned in relation to a PL job

Usually the short list never gets much beyond Moyes - and Jose of course if you are Lought

Be good to see a few young British/Euro managers making a bid for the bigger jobs such as Rodgers, Lambert and Martinez
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Mar 31 2012, 09:12

does make me laugh when we hear levy maybe "running the rule" over brendan rodgers, who has just signed a new deal with swansea. were we not raging last year when anyone mentioned modric was any good, it was a sign of tapping him up and de stabilising our season.lets have a bit of decency and try and get someone who is actually available at the present time or it makes us look a bit pot/ kettle type club, eh danny.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 02 2012, 04:26

I agree with Shear about pot/kettle issues. But I will make an observation here.
    Len this is the 2nd time this season I have watched Swansea for 90 minutes. I have also seen highlights and read many reports. They pass the ball well & stick to that style of play. Kinda like Spurs ? They are also a very honest side which will always win points with me. They are not quite as expansive as Spurs or as pacy. This isn't a criticism of Swansea but that maybe to do with the squad they have ?
    My one issue would be is that of is Rogers a big enough character (charisma, reputation, personality etc?) to come to The Lane and imprint his style & beliefs onto our squad ? If he is then we could well have a new Keith Burkinshaw, should the Redknapp for Ing-Ger-Land situation come to pass and should Levy take a chance on him . . . . . ..

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02 2012, 05:10

great point vis. swansea have been great
    but i doubt big players would look up to him

we need someone strong to come in and not be scared to drop players when they off form
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 02 2012, 05:31

Seems to me if you have the qualities to be a top manager you make players respect you - if necessary by grabbing them by the balls and squeezing til their eyes water - a knack Jose has
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 02 2012, 05:49

Very impressed with Brendan Rodgers. Could he do it at Spurs though? That is the big question and no matter what Arry says about players not caring who the manager is the truth is they do. Rodgers maybe a tad too early to take a big club like Spurs. I really do admire the way Swansea are playing though.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Apr 02 2012, 08:44

they had a good season so far but many newly promoted teams have done that in the past and crumbled in their 2nd season. its much to early to be coveting brendan rogers for spurs yet. lets see what they do next season , they looked pretty ordinary today to be honest in my opinion. only stretched brad once if i remember, he had a pretty easy day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:52