The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
so whos 2faced - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
so whos 2faced - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
so whos 2faced - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
so whos 2faced - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
so whos 2faced - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
so whos 2faced - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
so whos 2faced - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
so whos 2faced - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
so whos 2faced - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

so whos 2faced - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
vis
BazSpur
djfitzo
MarkA249
8 posters

so whos 2faced

vis
    vis

so whos 2faced - Page 2 Empty Re: so whos 2faced

Post by vis Tue Apr 10 2012, 06:14

I personally think that the FA, Redknapp & Spurs all know what the season's end outcome is already. 'arry for Ing-Ger-Land. Trouble is that it don't matter who or where you work for rumours & gossip circulate and facts get out. Mind you though the way Redknapp has handled this slump won't have done much for his standing & credentials as a manager of international renown. Just my feelings but I do truely believe there is a conspiracy of silence & subterfuge about the club which has harmed us since Cappellos resignation . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10 2012, 07:00

anicoll5 wrote:Looks like corn on the cob to me Lew but you got me to look twice

I love the "finest bunch of Spuds players in memory" line

Really ? Seems to me since people started spouting that crap - and presumably a number of your players started to believe the nonsense - your season has gone to hell

Stand corrected nic.
    It is the finest bunch of players we have had at whl for years, thats why you were so many points behind us at one stage.
    Its the misuse and utter tactical non awareness that has ruined the season.
    Heres a few of harrys blunders.
    1) Playing king when he is so obviously not the player he was.
    2) Loaning caulker out when he should have gone straight into kings place.
    3)Bale should be on the left all the time, thats where he is so effective, not drifting into the centre undoing what modric does.
    4)The loss of lennon has unbalanced the team, walker should have been moved up to right wing, and someone else put at right back.
    5)Rose isnt used anymore than a sub, i could name a few who dont work as hard as rose.
    The list goes on nic, as i said i was a harry fan, he has done wonders for the team, but its just collapsed since all the england crap.
    ....and that 5-2 against your lot was disgusting, when whinger put 5 in midfield what did harry do ? nothing.
    Dont tell me this isnt a good spurs team, it is and you know it, the manager has lost the plot.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Apr 10 2012, 08:01

lew, that is the best post i have read on here for ages mate. i agree 100% withevery one of your 5 points there. repped from me, spot on.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 10 2012, 08:04

True Nic it was known about in the Summer but as Vis has alluded to, we were OK until Capello decided to do the off. Since then our form has dived. Coincidence? maybe, but it makes you think does it not? And the RedTops and not so Red Tops have wasted no time in stirring it up with rumour after rumour. And once again as Vis has alluded, no statement from Arry or the club saying he isn't going to take the England job. Silence and subterfuge indeed.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Apr 10 2012, 08:18

Personally I thought you were a fair few points in front of us Lew cos we were crap mate - worst start in 15-20 years

If you chose to interpret that asSpuds having their best side in living memory that is up to you

As I pointed out to you - yes you Lew - when you were spouting on about the "balance of power" in October that life is a bit more complicated than that

Do get a bloody grip though, I may think that Spuds have a decent but unremarkable squad, you are however still in with a decent should at 3rd or 4th - cFC have a heavy run in, For Toon this is virgin territory
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Apr 10 2012, 08:20

we can blame everyone and their dog baz, it dont change a thing. 12 points clear, its time players and manager stood up to their responsibilitys to our club and its supporters without who their nothing.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10 2012, 08:33

1 win in 8
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Apr 10 2012, 08:38

touch more salt in my wound lought , didnt quite kill me lol

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10 2012, 08:56

okay i got a stat that might cheer you up

chelsea the only team not to beat another london team

they got the scum next.
    come on chelsea
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Apr 10 2012, 08:58

are we the scum then ? were next lol
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Apr 10 2012, 09:01

PMSL. Oh no Lought you have inadvertently done it again. D'Oh . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10 2012, 09:08

lol i meant league games

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Apr 10 2012, 09:10

Getting very complicated - we beat the Chavs
    Chavs and toon draw
    Scousers beat CFC
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Apr 10 2012, 09:11

i know lol.gotta have some fun today. you survived your curry then vis?
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Apr 10 2012, 09:13

Indeed I did Shear thanx. Dunno if to blame the curry or the footie for the indegestion tho' lol . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Apr 10 2012, 09:19

thats the footie no doubt about that , i got it as well, and im not blaming my southern comfort.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Apr 10 2012, 09:23

LOL mate. Days of deep joy indeed eh . . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Apr 10 2012, 09:27

Deep joy ?

Don't write cheques yer body can't cash Shocked

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10 2012, 09:36

newcastle let in 1 goal in 5 games with there main center backs out

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10 2012, 09:37

proper banter tonight lads. 2 yids and a gooner
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Apr 10 2012, 09:50

Quality not quantity L

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10 2012, 15:55

anicoll5 wrote:Personally I thought you were a fair few points in front of us Lew cos we were crap mate - worst start in 15-20 years

If you chose to interpret that asSpuds having their best side in living memory that is up to you

As I pointed out to you - yes you Lew - when you were spouting on about the "balance of power" in October that life is a bit more complicated than that

Do get a bloody grip though, I may think that Spuds have a decent but unremarkable squad, you are however still in with a decent should at 3rd or 4th - cFC have a heavy run in, For Toon this is virgin territory

I dont think i said it was the best team we have ever had at spurs, i said it was one of the best we have had in years.
    I have got a grip nic, a grip of the situation that things have gone wrong ever since capello quit, and the rumours rife that harry was bound for england.

I will say that when capello quit i feared the season would be disrupted, i wasnt posting on here at that time but that was how i felt, and results have gone wrong since.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Apr 10 2012, 17:26

Mr Plums. wrote:
    anicoll5 wrote:Looks like corn on the cob to me Lew but you got me to look twice

I love the "finest bunch of Spuds players in memory" line

Really ? Seems to me since people started spouting that crap - and presumably a number of your players started to believe the nonsense - your season has gone to hell

Stand corrected nic.
    It is the finest bunch of players we have had at whl for years, thats why you were so many points behind us at one stage.
    Its the misuse and utter tactical non awareness that has ruined the season.
    Heres a few of harrys blunders.
    1) Playing king when he is so obviously not the player he was.
    2) Loaning caulker out when he should have gone straight into kings place.
    3)Bale should be on the left all the time, thats where he is so effective, not drifting into the centre undoing what modric does.
    4)The loss of lennon has unbalanced the team, walker should have been moved up to right wing, and someone else put at right back.
    5)Rose isnt used anymore than a sub, i could name a few who dont work as hard as rose.
    The list goes on nic, as i said i was a harry fan, he has done wonders for the team, but its just collapsed since all the england crap.
    ....and that 5-2 against your lot was disgusting, when whinger put 5 in midfield what did harry do ? nothing.
    Dont tell me this isnt a good spurs team, it is and you know it, the manager has lost the plot.

Lew the only point I would disagree with, is like Walker, Caulker needed a seaon playing for a prem team and was not ready to go straight from lower league loans nto the first team. But it is abuntantly clear that poor old Ledley is not the answer, but for what its worth heres my view.

1. From has dipped since Capello walked , but these are pro players earning a lot of money and have to take responsibility.
    2. Throwing money at it is not the answer, just ask Citeh.
    3. Lought says we should have a scouting system like Newcastle, why because they took a chancewith Ba and Cisse, wernt they both in the team that we thrashed 5-0 at ours? Cisse will get found out and will probably not have the impact sooner rather than later, why did his club want rid so easily? Lought says we should have bought in January and i'm still waiting for him to give me names of players better then what we had and were available and their club would have let them go at such a crucial time of the season.
    4. Believe it ot not our little bit of lady luck that we had for best part of the season has deserted us and gone to the teams surrounding us. Chelski's two offside goals against Wigan, Arsenals lucky break to beat Newcastle 2-1, whilst we are hitting the woodwork, having penalty and offide decisions go against us.
    5. Harry is tactically not as good as some other managers, why play Modders twice in two days instead of Kranj, why not give Rise a run out at home to Norwich?
    Is his mind on other things.

Finally not with standing all the above, Nic is right, 4th and possiblity 3rd is still up to us. Maybe some of the players are thinking about next weeks semi final and i'm sure whoever plays will be up for that, Chelski have Barca on the Wednesday and we wont have a better chance, beat them and we can then concentrate on the reaminig games, we have a better run in then Chelski and Newcastle and about the same as Arseanal barring the Chelski at home fixture.
    Where we are is a million miles away from what I have witnessed in my years of supporting Spurs.
    So chin up lads, Chelski will not win the CL, so fourth for CL is safe, what is possible for us is to win the fa cup and qualify for CL, then next season with Dawson,Hudd and Caulker back and with the above in our pocket and the managerial situation put to bed, we can start going after players that will be available.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 10 2012, 22:40

Repped Dave.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11 2012, 01:38

so caulker not good enough to play games for us but plays in a swansea team that play attacking football

its down to harry
    he let corluka go out on loan. he could of given walker a much needed rest
    bassong was decent when he had a run in the team
    bentley could of been on the right when lennon was out.
    kranker played in our 2 best home wins of the season.

theres loads of players we could of got in the summer or in jan but again our scouts have been poor
    unlike newcastles

and you say cisse been found out. why say that
    people said newcastle would crumble back at xmas after losing steven taylor and cadabye. plus lost 2 players to african nations

what about vdv. real didnt want him neither did man u.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content