The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants

Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants Empty Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12 2012, 13:39

Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants

by Dan Coombs

Tottenham Hotspur's boss is becoming the latest victim of the England manager's curse- his world is already falling apart.

If you think back to mid-February, there was a short period where Harry Redknapp could do no wrong.

Adored and courted by the media and the FA once cleared of his tax-trial, and Fabio Capello resigned, now he is fast becoming the man that nobody wants.

After successive defeats to ars*nal, Manchester United and Everton, we ran a poll on HITC Sport asking Spurs fans if they wanted Redknapp as manager next season.

Even back then, almost 60 per cent of supporters responded that they did not want to see Redknapp in charge at Spurs next season.

After their home defeat to Norwich on Monday left them clinging onto fourth, level on points with Newcastle, that number will only have increased, in fact, at White Hart Lane, Redknapp has very few backers right now.

His persistence with out of form Ledley King is one key charge against him, as is his lack of quality buys in January, but his biggest crime is his admission that he does not know the best formation to play.

He has been experimenting with a 4-4-2, abandoning the 4-5-1 which was so successful early in the season.

The 4-4-2 served Spurs so well against Newcastle in February, right after the England links began, leading to a 5-0 win which Tottenham have been unable to replicate since to any degree.

Right now his world is a mess. We ran an article yesterday examining the race for fourth, now Newcastle are now level and Chelsea just two points behind.

For Tottenham, their fans don't care what happens to Redknapp- his Spurs legacy will ride on what happens over the final five games this season. Even an FA Cup win would not cover up the immense disappointment felt if Spurs miss out on Champions League football.

Redknapp will be the scapegoat if Tottenham miss out, and the England job seen as the catalyst for their fall-away in form.

It is no coincidence that Spurs collapse has followed the intense pressure heaved on them by the FA's refusal to rule Redknapp out of the England job, and the manager's refusal to distance himself from it.

The problem for Redknapp is, if his Spurs side collapse, and he ends the season as a failure, will England fans want him?

He would got to Euro 2012 under more scrutiny than ever.

With a lack of preparation, five months of losing and overseeing his team's capitulation behind him, it is a complete recipe for disaster.

If Tottenham fans do not want him in charge of their team, why should we as a country want him in charge of our national side?

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants Empty Re: Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants

Post by ionman34 Thu Apr 12 2012, 17:56

Typical knee jerk bullsh*t.

Oh how I detest the 'meeja' and their constant proclivity to build up an individual just so they can gleefully rip his life to shreds. Even worse are the sheep who, rather than exercise the muscle between their ears, lap up the bullsh*t like it's a 4 course meal.

Totally sickening.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants Empty Re: Harry Redknapp - The manager that suddenly nobody wants

Post by djfitzo Thu Apr 12 2012, 18:49

Why dont you ever troll through the Meeja and find anything positive about our club?
    I seem to remember you posting that Jol was not good enough for us.
    Playing devils advocate and let say Mourinho took a chance on us and Levy didnt give him the funds he wanted and he didnt do any better then Harry, would you come on here and apologise?
    Would you also apologise if tso bought Adel back and he just played the same as he is now, very rarely good?
    Its no wonder people stop posting on here when they open up most threads to find negativity, even when we won.
    Try posting something constructive for a change Lought, recently Harry did what you said and changed things at half time, played Defoe and Saha from the start and Livermore and guess what, we lost to Norwich, but of course that was Harrys fault and not yours, even though you was crying out for him to do it.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12 2012, 23:14

i do post positve stuff but it gets ignored.
    i noticed baz post positve post but that gets blanked aswell

and please stop saying people stop posting because of me.
    if they really dont want to post because of one poster then that shows how sad they are. plus theres lots of people on here who dont mind me.
    theres an ignore button but people dont seem to want to use it.

as for adel i rekon hes been better then bale in the last month.

spurs 442 i got that wrong. but it took harry until 71mins to change things.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Apr 13 2012, 01:04

Right now his world is a mess

LOL yes I bet arry the " multi millionaire " is really bothered haha Why i bet he's counting the days as we speak

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13 2012, 01:44

i see chelsea dont need a team talk
    harry done that for them today in the sun
    he said chelsea dont need to worry they still get an extra days rest
    they will be fine lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 19:49