The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Redknapp set to leave? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Redknapp set to leave? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Redknapp set to leave? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Redknapp set to leave? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Redknapp set to leave? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Redknapp set to leave? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Redknapp set to leave? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Redknapp set to leave? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Redknapp set to leave? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Redknapp set to leave? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
shearspur
anicoll5
Boltjean
LOBO
peader50
BazSpur
10 posters

Redknapp set to leave?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Redknapp set to leave? Empty Redknapp set to leave?

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 11 2012, 01:14

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is set to leave the club, as
    contract negotiations between him and Spurs Chairman Daniel Levy are
    going nowhere fast, reports the Daily Mail.
    Redknapp has only one year left on his contract and wants a longer
    contract from the Spurs management, whereas Levy is in favour of a
    shorter contract (probably just a 1 year extension).

Redknapp has come out publicly and said that he would like the
    negotiations to conclude soon, as a protracted discussion would create
    unnecessary flutter in the players’ ranks, but is getting increasingly
    uncomfortable as negotiations remain inconclusive. All of this is
    against the backdrop of the relationship between Levy and Redknapp,
    where both individuals feels wronged by the other.

Redknapp is upset that Levy quoted a huge fee of 10 million pounds to
    the FA for Redknapp’s services, while Levy isn’t happy about how Harry
    virtually went missing in Spurs matches when there was speculation
    linking him with the England job.

Should Redknapp bow out of White Hart Lane, it is expected that
    players like Gareth Bale and Rafael Van der Vaart shall follow suit, as
    they have publicly come out and said that Redknapp should remain at
    Spurs.

Redknapp has said before that the job at Spurs would be his last
    managerial position, but fresh rumours link him to Middle-East club Al
    Jazira, owned by Manchester City owner Sheik Mansour.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Redknapp set to leave? Empty Re: Redknapp set to leave?

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 11 2012, 01:18

Redknapp has come out publicly and said that he would like the
    negotiations to conclude soon, as a protracted discussion would create
    unnecessary flutter in the players’ ranks,

Is that a contradiction on his previous statements? After all Arry, the players don't care who the manager is, remember? Even Robbie Savage agreed with you lol.

Should Redknapp bow out of White Hart Lane, it is expected that
    players like Gareth Bale and Rafael Van der Vaart shall follow suit, as
    they have publicly come out and said that Redknapp should remain at
    Spurs.

And I rest my case.
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Mon Jun 11 2012, 01:54

AGAIN HE HIS DOING HIS CONTRACT TALKS ON THE MEDIA
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jun 11 2012, 02:15

No Redknapp has to go , we simply can't keep using the same old excuse that hes got us forth twice in the past three years, its far deeper than that.

The fact is he is at times a total embarrassment to the club , he talks out of term, he is constantly challenging levy in public , he criticized the fans on talksport , calling them idiots for phoning to a radio show , yet the Irony was he was on a radio show and doing the same .

He also contradict's himself . but the most worrying aspect of all, he seems oblivious to the fact
    he's losing the fans support in numbers, the pros don't outweigh the cons , football aside , he has become a bit of a media showmen who opinion knows know boundaries .

Get shot of him , and get in someone who at least can say the right things in public.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Jun 11 2012, 02:30

And who can read and write and who's dog does not have a Bank account in it's name.
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Mon Jun 11 2012, 02:35

lol! len
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jun 11 2012, 03:39

Have a rep Len
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jun 11 2012, 05:38

and then we start all over again with ???? who might not keep us in the top 4-5, and we all start bemoaning the fact hes taking us backwards and players leave and new ones just dont want to join a mid table club with no european football. hmmmm, no thanks were in quite a good place at the moment and i would like it to continue. ignore all his comments after all they dont affect us really do they. right off to pub , speak later.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jun 11 2012, 06:44

LOL we keep covering this subject. Mr Redknapp is starting to sound desperate yet . . . . .
    Harry Redknapp could be close to leaving Tottenham for a lucrative job in the Middle East as his contract talks rumble on.

Full story: Mail on Sunday
    Yet he now says HE WOULD HAVE TAKEN the
    Ing-Ger-Land job & a lucarative offer awaits in the middle east.
    Please Messers Levy & Redknapp sort this sh*t out . . . .

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jun 11 2012, 07:17

As far as I ever recall Arry made or perfectly clear if he was offered the England job he would take it - and that was expected to be post Euros

As for Arry " begging" do wake up

He is 65 - very rich - would have taken A pay cut to manage England anyway

He's off lads - he just needs to line Levy's a*se up over the pocket

Last edited by anicoll5 on Mon Jun 11 2012, 07:21; edited 1 time in total
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jun 11 2012, 07:19

I have to say Levy also seems to be winding himself up into taking one of those exceptionally bizarre decisions of which his glittering reign is studded

Plus ca change
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jun 11 2012, 07:26

Nic when did Redknapp ever say he would take the Ing-Ger-Land if offered soon after Cappello resigned? I certainly don't recall ever seeing that statement from him. All I saw was him & the meeja swapping tounge & sweet lil ole Redknapp playing the coy pr*ck teaser . . . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jun 11 2012, 07:29

Seems like Redknapp has become the new Modric. Shame Redknapp don't realise he dosen't hold the mojo over Spurs & Levy like Spurs & Levy held the mojo over Modric . . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 11 2012, 07:43

vis wrote:Nic when did Redknapp ever say he would take the Ing-Ger-Land if offered soon after Cappello resigned? I certainly don't recall ever seeing that statement from him. All I saw was him & the meeja swapping tounge & sweet lil ole Redknapp playing the coy pr*ck teaser . . . . . . . .

That's because he didn't Vis. redknapp never said he'd take the England job. What he said in not so many words was "Any English manager wouldn love to manage England." not quite the same thing Nic.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 11 2012, 07:46

All I saw was him & the meeja swapping tounge & sweet lil ole Redknapp playing the coy pr*ck teaser . . . . . . . .

Redknapp set to leave? 348204 Got to give you a rep for that Vis lol.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Jun 11 2012, 07:52

Where is Harry off to though?? thats if he is leaving!?!? he's playing mind games! and it isnt doing him any favours!! if Arry is trying to get the sack, he's asking for it, and it wont make him look good! If i was Levy i'd get rid of him asap, i know he's done a good job at Spurs, but this is so unprofessional, time to say goodbye Harry.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11 2012, 08:26

I am with shear on this one, who replaces harry ?
    Also why is this report being taken literally? i thought posters on here knew better than to believe everything the papers write.......as its all sensationalised, and probably rubbish !

Dont know who you chaps want to replace redknapp with really, if the only thing you have against him is what he is reported to say in the papers then its a hollow reason for wanting him out.

I would hope that these reports are wrong, harry did have the england distraction that affected the third part of the season for us, but he has done ok up to now as far as i can see.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jun 11 2012, 08:33

Lew to be honest I don't know who would replace Redknapp (although I like AVB, but not in THAT way lol). Again you are right to question the truth of these articles but we do have to remember Redknapp has involved the agent that Rooney used to screw ManUre deep and there does seem to be a similar pattern developing with alleged Redknapp comments in the Meeja and the kind of comments Rooney was alleged to have made before he got his comfertable "new" deal. As I said it seems Redknapp has become this close seasons Modric . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11 2012, 08:51

Hi Vis, the worry for me if harry does leave, is who will come in ?
    We have been through so many managers that it doesnt bear thinking about, the consequences (i mean ) if we have to start all over again.
    Look at liverpool, the fans got the man they wanted, the liverpool messiah, he wasted millions, now they have to start all over again and hodgson did ok at wba.
    We have seen it all before, graham was sacked and in came the spurs messiah, hoddle, and thats old news now.
    But the thought of someone coming in, dismantling a good side that needs a bit of tinkering here and there , and starting all over again will put the club back years.
    We were damn unlucky that chelsea won the champs league, it could only happen to us, otherwise many of us now might not be asking for someone new to come in, the grass isnt always greener on the other side.
    I am not sure why harry is (if he is) making noises for a new contract so soon when he has a year to go on his old one.
    I cant see levy wanting to replace harry as , its seems harry isnt allowed to spend too much, but still got us high finishes in the league.
    I think the main thing that spurs fans should wish for this summer, is a proven goal scorer, jellavic of everton looks good and i dont know why we dont use pienaar as part of a deal for him.
    I have said so many times that we need central defenders because king was running on fumes with his injuries, and dawson is injury prone now.
    I really believe that if we get those two positions sorted then we can maintain progress, 3rd place would have been progress for me this season but then we had the england thing with harry...........! and i am sure that had some effect on the spurs players, even though its been denied.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Jun 11 2012, 09:03

Lew you speak heepum big sense my friend but we have to face up to the fact that Redknapp seems to be, allegedly I must state, trying to hold Spurs to ransom. If we have to get a new manager (see some of the previous threads to be aware I will continue, for awhile at least, to support Redknapp) then now is the time to do it. Early pre-season. Transfer window, both in & out available and time for the "new man" to work with the players. Like you I wonder about the managerial merry-go-round but I wonder more about a manager who had his head turned by the mandarins at the FA and the meeja love-in and failed (yup sorry that's how I see it) to cement us 3rd place because of that? Maybe Dubai or somewhere simlar is the best place for good ole 'arry these days and the time for for change is ripe at The Lane . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11 2012, 09:19

what if england fail and we dont get out the group will we get all this fa stuff again next season

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11 2012, 09:19

Is it correct that Levy offered Redknapp an improved 3 year contract extension after Cappello's departure and he told Levy he was considering his future and would not commit!!!!
    I heard this from a really knowledgable Spurs fella.

If this is true why is he now bleating in the media about having only a year left and hearing nothing.
    If true what a knob this guy is.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 11 2012, 11:30

Sometimes you have to go back to go forward.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11 2012, 13:55

BazSpur wrote:Sometimes you have to go back to go forward.

How much forward can we go baz,? as far as i can see the prem is all about money, look how much it cost city to pip man utd at the post, and they only did it on goal difference.....look how far those two clubs finished above the goons and us ?
    The only way to be on a par with those two clubs is to be bought by a sugar daddy on an ego trip to own a football club, and with money to chuck around.
    I think we were really the third best team in the prem, and thats as good as it will ever get under daniel levy, but you have to give him credit and says he runs spurs like a business, in that sense the club will always be safe financially.
    At this moment in time i still think harry is the man for the job, i really dont see how we can improve on him, if so ! with who ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 11 2012, 22:05

Well, that is something we will have to face one day soon Lew as Harry's time is nearly up. I can't see him getting another 3 years so that's it. End of really, as he doesn't want to take a 1 year deal. Bye, bye Arry mate. You and I both know Levy is no mug mate. He will already have plans for when the inevitable happens and Arry goes. He would have already spoken to target managers. He leaves nothing to chance. I may be wrong who knows? But all the reports are saying Levy will not give Arry 3 more years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:11