The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Redknapp set to leave? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Redknapp set to leave? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Redknapp set to leave? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Redknapp set to leave? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Redknapp set to leave? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Redknapp set to leave? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Redknapp set to leave? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Redknapp set to leave? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Redknapp set to leave? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Redknapp set to leave? - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
shearspur
anicoll5
Boltjean
LOBO
peader50
BazSpur
10 posters

Redknapp set to leave?

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Redknapp set to leave? - Page 2 Empty Re: Redknapp set to leave?

Post by totalytot Tue Jun 12 2012, 01:02

I agree Baz, Levy would not let this roll on to the last minute if he didn't have someone in mind as he knows how it would unsettle the team. Who knows it could be Martinez as he turned down the Villa job and Liverpool so maybe Levy had already spoken to him before Hodgson got the England Job.
    Those that can't understand supporters wantng Redknapp out after he got us 4th, well it's because he lost a 13 point lead to the Gooners and 3rd place when we had the easiest run in we will ever have, Thats why.

It showed me that he has not got the club at heart at all and is just looking out for himself and if it f*cks us up then tough.
    80% of managers are mercearies just like the players they have to manage but most are fairly obvious about it and you can see through it from the start. Redknapp however is a liar and changes his story as it suits him so for me the sooner he goes the better.

Mikey M
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Jun 12 2012, 02:38

totalytot wrote:
    I agree Baz, Levy would not let this roll on to the last minute if he didn't have someone in mind as he knows how it would unsettle the team. Who knows it could be Martinez as he turned down the Villa job and Liverpool so maybe Levy had already spoken to him before Hodgson got the England Job.
    Those that can't understand supporters wantng Redknapp out after he got us 4th, well it's because he lost a 13 point lead to the Gooners and 3rd place when we had the easiest run in we will ever have, Thats why.

It showed me that he has not got the club at heart at all and is just looking out for himself and if it f*cks us up then tough.
    80% of managers are mercearies just like the players they have to manage but most are fairly obvious about it and you can see through it from the start. Redknapp however is a liar and changes his story as it suits him so for me the sooner he goes the better.

Mikey M

spot on mate.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12 2012, 02:56

DJSR wrote:
    totalytot wrote:

Mikey M

spot on mate.

So all of a sudden levy wont let this roll on and martinez is the new messiah ? lol, martinez has only ever been a survival expert, so here we go again on the new hope trail, and with a bloke who,s team got trounced 9-1 not so long ago by !!!! yes ! spurs.
    Yeah well guess he is a prospect ? but who will he buy knowing his past history ? probably a £1.5 mill prospect from hull? lol....well guess that would suit our daniel.

Not quite sure why a man who has taken us further than any other manager since the prem began is so badly wanted out by so many.?

Great subject though ! guess thats what the forum is all about and reality might set in a bit later.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 12 2012, 04:16

Not quite sure why a man who has taken us further than any other manager
    since the prem began is so badly wanted out by so many.?

I think Mikey answered that already Lew.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Jun 12 2012, 04:20

Arry did the unforgivable - he gave you " hope"

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12 2012, 05:06

Any answer is an opinion on here baz, it isnt set in stone.
    I am giving my opinion why i think there is no one else out there that will do what harry has done for spurs over the last 3 years, and my opinion is that people are too quick to concentrate on the negatives, but ignore the positives.

By the way nic, he gave us more than hope, we actually did well in an elite group, that is usually confined to you goons, chelsea, and man utd.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Jun 12 2012, 05:19

I meant going into February so many points ahead of AFC Lew

If he had been a point or two ahead - or even a point or two behind AFC - at that stage of the season and ended up 4th he would be deluged in praise
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Tue Jun 12 2012, 05:22

Well i hope this thing is sorted soon either way cos it is going to put names off coming here not knowing whats going on and with rafa and modric making noises no sign of vertonghen ade not being signed things are not looking good violin
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 12 2012, 06:02

Any answer is an opinion on here baz, it isnt set in stone.

I don't think I said anything to the contrary did I Lew? We all have our opinions as you so rightly say. The opinions of the want Arry to go brigade have just as much right to be aired as those of the other persuasion. It's what forums are all about. All I was saying was the arguments as to why we ended up in a position of chucking a 13 point lead away should be debated on here and anywhere else. We may not agree on the reasons but it should still be debated.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jun 12 2012, 08:36

anicoll5 wrote:Arry did the unforgivable - he gave you " hope"

I guess Nic that's something Mr Wenger has not given you gooners for a few years.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12 2012, 09:11

anicoll5 wrote:I meant going into February so many points ahead of AFC Lew

If he had been a point or two ahead - or even a point or two behind AFC - at that stage of the season and ended up 4th he would be deluged in praise

Yes nic, it was a bad glitch, but it did seem to coincide with what was going on with the england job.

I dont think the capitulation to you goons helped either, i said to my other half after that match that the result would affect confidence, but the strange thing was that results picked up again once hodgson got the england job.

I suppose we will always wonder what that final third of the season glitch in results was all about? but its all history now.
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Tue Jun 12 2012, 09:38

I HONESTLY THINK HARRY WAS SO BLOODY SMUG WHEN CAPELLO RESIGNED HIS REACTION AT THE NEWCASTLE MATCH TAKING THE PLAUDITS FROM THE FANS "WE WANT YOU TO STAY" THEY SANG AND HIS STRANGE REACTION TO EVERY GOAL WAS UNUSUAL I'VE NEVER SEEN HR CELEBRATE A SPURS GOAL (ALL 5 ACTUALLY) LIKE THAT IN MY LIFE VERY STRANGE WATCH IT AGAIN ITS AS IF HE SCORED THEM HIMSELF EVEN COMING BACK FROM 0-2 TO WIN 3-2 AGAINST THE GOONS HE NEVER SHOWED THAT EMOTION I THINK IN HIS MIND HE THOUGHT HE HAD THE ENG JOB AND WAS SO HAPPY AND WITH THE CROWDS REACTION HE FELT TOP OF THE WORLD AND I'M GOING TO GET THE CALL ANYDAY AND BUGGER YOU ALL MAYBE I'M GOING OVER THE TOP BUT ITS HOW I FELT ABOUT IT

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12 2012, 09:46

ye the wigan 9 1. was it not 1 0 at half time
    they collapesed 2nd half
    it happens
    we did aganst the goons
    but the following season wigan beat us and got revenge at white hart lane
    he also should of beat chealsea this season and beat arsenal and liverpool

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12 2012, 20:20

What i want to get across here regarding getting rid of harry is that its a perfectly natural reaction to what happened last season to want to give someone else a shot, with a new man in charge it gives new hope, a fresh start etc etc.....however as far as i can see getting rid of harry and appointing a new bloke would be a shot in the dark, and a chance of going backwards, and then we would all be moaning that harry shouldnt have gone.
    We have made progress over the last few years, and under harry, what i would like to see are the problems addressed on the playing field, the correct signings made, not more midfielders or any other area where we are strong already, get a proven goal scorer in, and someone to help kaboul in the cb positions, gallas is now too old even though he had a great first season for us, and dawson is just too injury prone.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Jun 12 2012, 20:31

what i would like to see, is Harry trying to win over some of the fans who have gone against him due to recent results and interviews, say some positive things for once or stop talking to the bloody press all the time, then we can feel a bit more confident that he wont do a runner if things go badly wrong. Yes he has improved the team, but losing that 3rd spot and a 13 point lead has over shadowed all that he has achieved aswell being linked with the england job which he didnt get!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jun 12 2012, 21:40

Problem is Rain or shine, snow or sleet we have always been there for our club haven't we. Or in many cases for all of us in Asia, sacrificed sleep to wake up at 3.30am to watch our beloved team play a game like the 0-0 draw against Liverpool last season.

Now how can we ever forgive ourselves if we had missed a cracking 4-0 away win against the mighty Liverpool at Anfield as we believed that they were there for the taking that morning??? We are still Spurs after the 5-3, 5-2 humiliations against MU. We are still Spurs when we lost 4-3 against MC in the FAC after leading 3-0. And of course we are still Spurs after the 5-2 debacle against the scum. I could go on and on coz there IS a long list but you get the drift.

Even after the worse days of our lives, yes we will still be Spurs, Harry, long after you are gone, even after we slide into relegation, even after we lose to the Scum again and again and again. We will still be Spurs. What I'm trying to say folks is we have tasted humiliation, shame and have been the laughing stock of mates, colleagues, family many times like those and YET we are still Spurs. And Harry, you will NEVER understand the love we have for our club. The affection we have for our club and the unreciprocated love we receive from our club most of the time.

In return Harry, you belittle us, you deride us of our strong belief last season that we can achieve something great for once in our lifetime and you humiliate us by shooting yourself embarrassingly in the foot so many times. And yet we are still Spurs. I have been Spurs since I was 8 years old. We have read postings from guys who have been Spurs way, way much earlier than most of us and this is what we all have seen. We have seen the great times come and go. We have seen great players come and go. We have seen great Managers come and go.

What you won't see Harry, are Spurs fans come and go. We will always be Spurs no matter what is being said about us, no matter what results go against us and no matter how much shame and humiliation are hurled at us. And you Harry for that matter can go for all we care, resign or get sacked it doesn't matter. Because you are paid to do a job. And because you treat your job at Spurs as just a job, we don't need you anymore.

No matter what you have achieved for us for the past 3 years, we thank you for the job done! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Coz now we need someone who will wear his heart on his sleeves for us. Who will share the same hope, dreams and beliefs as us even when we ARE overachieving. Who will stand by us fans no matter how bad we feel about a game we should have won and who will not be afraid to admit his mistakes when things go wrong and will have the courage to take a chance, take a risk during a game when all seems lost. But unfortunately, Harry, you still don't get it.

If you had shown us those qualities we would have gone to hell and back with you! If you had tried and failed we would have saluted you regardless and respected you as a man first, and a great manager second. Sadly you will never succeed here at Spurs because you never understood the meaning of leading a team like Spurs. You never ever Dared to..

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Jun 12 2012, 23:52

That is so true thanks for posting Lobs. We are the club, without us they wouldn't exist. I've supported them for nearly 60 years been to Margate on a freezing cold January day for a cup tie and got stranded and slept on the beach but we won. I've seen the greatest English club side ever seen, us win the league twice (although in fairness barely recall the first) seen us relegated but I'm still there, hopefully for a few more years. So don't tell me we've over achieved, the league doesn't lie.
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Wed Jun 13 2012, 01:08

great post lobo
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jun 13 2012, 01:59

And are you Spurssince73 ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 13 2012, 02:09

And are you Spurssince73 ?

No, Nic but I am Spurs since 68. So, pray tell us Nic what reference does that question have on our current team?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jun 13 2012, 02:29

Asking if Lobby was the original author of the piece also operating under the name of Spurssince73 Baz

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7512506

I do not want to get into an accusation of almost marital infidelity on the part of Arry - What God has joined together let no man put asunder
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jun 13 2012, 02:36

I enjoyed this response to Lobby's piece;

"self indulged drivell I'm afraid. let me just recap ........ levy got rid of jol after two 5th places finishes and everybody is up in arms. Harry gets 4th, 5th, 4th and levy doesnt get rid of harry, everybody is up in arms. Unless every spurs fan is a dribbling, unrelaistic lunatic, i simply dont get it.
    jimmy-yid"

silly

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jun 13 2012, 02:47

Yes I am a member of spurs vital football , and no I didn't write that, but I still deserve my rep for initiative .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jun 13 2012, 02:49

LOBO wrote:Yes I am a member of spurs vital football , and no I didn't write that, but I still deserve my rep for initiative .

Well consider yourself repped cheers
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Jun 13 2012, 03:41

the clue it werent lobs was his line of "us in asia who sacrifised sleep to rise at 3.30 am to watch matches". last time i looked hes got faversham kent as his location, slightly eastern i suppose lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 00:06