The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
AVB KEEP FAITH! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
AVB KEEP FAITH! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
AVB KEEP FAITH! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
AVB KEEP FAITH! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
AVB KEEP FAITH! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
AVB KEEP FAITH! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
AVB KEEP FAITH! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
AVB KEEP FAITH! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
AVB KEEP FAITH! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

AVB KEEP FAITH! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
shearspur
Boltjean
SuneJim
7 posters

AVB KEEP FAITH!

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

AVB KEEP FAITH! Empty AVB KEEP FAITH!

Post by SuneJim Sun Aug 26 2012, 05:40

A 90th minute equalisler,,,,,,,,,what a familiar end,,,,,,,,,,,out play a team for the whole 90 minutes & still no 3 points,,,,,,,,,,,,gutted.
    But that is football,,,,,,,,,,,,we have a new manager,,,,,,,,with new idea's & we have to allow him time to implement them.
    Plus you have to give a new manager the chance to bring in his own playing staff,,,,,,,which hasn't happened yet,,,,,,,,,Transfer deadline day on friday & then see where we go,,,,,,,,,,
    We have the making's of a bloody good squad & a young manager with good idea's we just have to show some faith for once.
    Come on you SPURS!
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

AVB KEEP FAITH! Empty Re: AVB KEEP FAITH!

Post by Boltjean Sun Aug 26 2012, 06:30

Spot on Jim. Sad that Shear reported in his post that there was some booing at the end of the game, there's always those supporters that expect everything to happen overnight. With the backing of Levy and the supporters I honestly believe that AVB will bring the glory days back to Spurs and as you so rightly say, it's just a case of keeping faith in him and the squad.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26 2012, 07:21

same. theres some idiots on facebook saying sack avb lol

the poor guy needs time to bring hes own ideas and players he wants.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26 2012, 07:53

Have to agree that its a little early for fans to be booing avb, or for threads to be titled "keep the faith" lol.
    I think also that it doesnt help the situation transfer wise when players like dawson wont move on to make money available for other players.
    I read a small article in the mail that avb is doing what he did at chelsea, clearing out established players.
    Well dawson is getting quite injury prone, most of last season out, and then injured the season before, he is established but at 28 , and with his injury record i can see where avb is coming from.
    Not sure you blokes on here should expect much this season, i certainly dont, definately no higher than 8th, but obviously i would like to see better.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26 2012, 08:10

i really hope we dont force him out. levy needs to back him.

the guy has passion. wants to win. but not much he can do when he has averge players on the bench like jenas.

its a breath of freash air having him on the touchline given instructions going mad when something goes aganst us. or looking so happy when we score.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Aug 26 2012, 08:17

after seeing todays game ive been brought back down to earth lol, this is going to take time.siggy looked very good for the mins he was given, jan was good and steady apart for one early mistake, any better than dawson ? time will tell. ades first touch is terrible which we knew anyway. it was a frustrating day cos we all expected 3 points and got 1. before the game avb was introduced to the crowd and got a fantastic reception, then the 3 signings were brought out and got great applause, i think we put today down to a blip but at home to norwich next week nothing but 3 points and a convincing win will do. time in this game now is not a given when there on the salarys there on, results are everything.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Aug 26 2012, 09:13

You can't win matches if you don't score goals. We always out play teams, well a lot of the time anyway but we just don't score enough. What does that tell you, that's right WE NEED A BLOODY STRIKER. Simples.

Swansea have scored 8 goals in 2 games and Fulham have 7.
    We are better than them aren't we?

Mikey M
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Aug 26 2012, 09:21

ades hunger for the game to me aint there, theres no frustration when he misses or has a crap first touch , just a laugh or stupid grin. ffs is that all it means to him. wheres the passion , at least defoe still has some.he knows he be playing every week now , get harry kane on there for some of the time , he will be hungry.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Aug 26 2012, 18:53

OK so now modric is sold, but didnt we all know that would happen, so we got 5 days to find a world class midfeilder, well done THFC that really is clever , I don't blame AVB, anyone can see hes been told to get rid of the dead wood before we actually buy someone to replace modders, Mountinho must be a priority now , and friedel sorry but yesterday hes started to look his age .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Aug 26 2012, 23:28

Anything less than three points and a good performance next week against Nawridge at WHL and there will be a lot of pressure on AVB.

I see Defoe earned the Spuds MoM in paper this morning, your midfield got a right panning. Might be sensible to shelve the plans to ship Jermain just for the mo.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27 2012, 01:43

shows what the papers know. defoe man of the match are they having a laugh.

has he heard of the word hold the ball up or bring others into the game instead of having about 5 weak potshots.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Aug 27 2012, 04:38

AVB is capable of leading the club onto greater things. Give him that chance, Mr Levy & shareholders included, and in a couple of years we may just see something worth waiting for . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Aug 27 2012, 06:14

vis wrote:AVB is capable of leading the club onto greater things. Give him that chance, Mr Levy & shareholders included, and in a couple of years we may just see something worth waiting for . . . . .

I would like to know what you and a few others here have seen Vis that makes you think AVB "will lead us on to great things"

Very few wanted Moyes but he has started briliantly with a bunch of, average to good players. Ok it's early days but AVB's choices in MF are hardly creative. Livermore and Sandro.

It is early days but a lot of teams have come out flying and I am waiting for him to get it right.

I want him to succeed even though I didn't want him in the first place because we can't go through another manager so soon.But I want to see something that shows me he is better than most managers in the Prem and can win things for us.

Next week should be a good test as Norwich have started badly and we are at home.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Aug 27 2012, 07:49

What I see Mikey is a young manager with a plan. Some of our build up play yesterday was sumptuous. I wonder how many Everton fans can use that word? We all have to remember that AVB's hands are hog-tied right now with regards to players. OK Sandro & Livermore may have seemed a bit much but name me another team that played on Saturday that had the pace & skill of Defoe, Bale & Lennon as their front 3? Swings & roundabouts Mikey. As Spurs fans we DEMAND a certain style of play that Moyes could never deliver yet AVB seems to be working towards. Time alone will tell but I reckon this manager is one that's worth keeping faith with. My opinion I know but it's an opinion that hasn't come lightly to me . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Aug 27 2012, 09:03

hes in now, and of course has to be given a chance. what else can we do. he was introduced to the crowd before the game yesterday and was given a pretty good reception to be fair.at the end as i said there was some booing , but that was sheer frustration letting a lead slip in the last minute. i dont condone it, but accept it, as i felt utterly frustrated as well because we made such hard work of it to get the lead in the first place. but to see those players coming round to clap our supporters and hearing boos, what message does that send out to the new signings, they looked shocked.hopefully the modric saga will be put to bed and we can get some one in soon, but blame the board for letting this get to the stage where were 2 games in and avb hasnt got his team he wants to work with. thud going on loan mystifys me though when we keep jenas ???
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Aug 27 2012, 09:18

vis wrote:What I see Mikey is a young manager with a plan. Some of our build up play yesterday was sumptuous. I wonder how many Everton fans can use that word? We all have to remember that AVB's hands are hog-tied right now with regards to players. OK Sandro & Livermore may have seemed a bit much but name me another team that played on Saturday that had the pace & skill of Defoe, Bale & Lennon as their front 3? Swings & roundabouts Mikey. As Spurs fans we DEMAND a certain style of play that Moyes could never deliver yet AVB seems to be working towards. Time alone will tell but I reckon this manager is one that's worth keeping faith with. My opinion I know but it's an opinion that hasn't come lightly to me . . . . .

We played "some of the best football seen in the premiership" quoted by TV and radio pundits last season so it's nothing new but we faded in the end but we did still finish 4th. This season I'm not sure we will.
    I believe the first 3 places are nailed on with Chelsea, City and Utd. Fourth place this season is the most open it has ever been with probably as many as 8 teams going for it, so we can't afford to fall behind early on.

I hope the feeling that there will be 2 or 3 top signings by Friday are true because I certainly think we need them. But you never know with Mr Levy.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27 2012, 09:58

that was the pundits ass licking us last season.
    all that rubbish that we always played attacking football was a myth.

harry changed things when we played the top 4 thats why we never beat any of the top4 apart from the goons at home.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Aug 27 2012, 10:15

it wasnt a myth, we did play fast flowing attacking football and i loved it. we fell apart last 3rd of the season and harry bottled it and changed and played safe.why you think pundits would be a*se licking ????why, for what ?? it was because we were one of the most exciting teams to watch. cmon lought be fair , i know you hated harry but he brought us exciting times at the lane that i hadnt seen for years , but it just failed and petered out. credit where credts due mate for harry.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27 2012, 10:31

but what happend the season before last. we went on an awfull run then aswell.

why is it every other team can score aganst man u but we never do. its because harry played up 1 front.

we had a good part in the middle of the season thats it.

im going to compare our league results of the past 2 season and you will see its not all rosey.

now everyone caught up. did u see how good liverpool looked today. swansea are lookign good because they all play as a team. look at our team, bale wants to do it all himself and thinks hes ronaldo. defoe wants to shoot all the time. ade dont care, hell boy wont move. go watch the last goal he had 3 attempts to grab the ball. he was rotted on hes line.

ektto gets no help because bale always wanders.

i said before that losing modric would not be good because he opens teams up and does more in games then bale.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Aug 27 2012, 10:39

what about our champions league run? did you enjoy that. we were fantastic . i didnt see liverpool today but i caught some of the swansea game in the ground on tv yesterday, they did look good like we did 2 seasons ago. i admit yesterday we were pretty toothless but whats the answer?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27 2012, 10:52

our champions league was fun but look where inter or now. i do think maybe levy is the problem.

i mean since we got 4th we hardly spent any money

now all these teams are spending and catching up to us again. we need to get rid of jenas bentley cudichini even defoe if he dont want to be on the bench
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Aug 27 2012, 21:39

You are going to compare you league results with last two seasons Lought ?
    Well last season you beat the Baggies at home and drew with Toon at SJP

That utterly useless Arry had four points from the fixtures rather than one

Any slip up against Nawridge - a banana skin for Arry last year I recall - and AVB will be headline news going into the international break

I expect Levy is out in his shed this morning checking his axe is handy
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Aug 27 2012, 23:09

PMSL 2 games into a new season and people are saying the 3rd game is a "pressure" situation. Only in the Premier League eh . . . stupid 3 . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Aug 27 2012, 23:20

But for his Stamford Bridge experience I think AVB would have enjoyed a longer honeymoon Vis but the sharks sniff blood from a long distance - and there is some in the water

If things go well next Saturday however he can enjoy a breather while the circus moves on elsewhere
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Aug 27 2012, 23:42

Makes me chuckle Nic. This instant pressure cooker. How long do you think Ole Red Nose would have lasted at ManUre if he had of started in this era? OK football is a results driven industry but not everyone can have instant gratification. Sometimes you have to be patient . . . ..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02 2024, 14:07