The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Great faith in human nature! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Great faith in human nature! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Great faith in human nature! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Great faith in human nature! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Great faith in human nature! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Great faith in human nature! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Great faith in human nature! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Great faith in human nature! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Great faith in human nature! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Great faith in human nature! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Great faith in human nature!

Great faith in human nature! Empty Great faith in human nature!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20 2010, 19:28

So joe cole has gone to liverpool ! and of course its not for the money............ Great faith in human nature! Sleep Great faith in human nature! Sleep Great faith in human nature! Sleep

The point of writing this lads and lasses is that when we first won that 4th place a few on here said that we can now attract better players because we have qualified for the cl, ? yeah i thought ! thats right ! believe that and you will believe anything, if we can give the greedy bast*rds £100,000 per week they will come ! if not and with tottenhams wage structure then we still have to look out for bargains where we can find them and continue with the policy of buying potential youth talent.

I didnt want joe cole and have posted that many times but it would have restored a little of my lost faith in human nature had the little sh*t decided to team up again with his old boss, and perhaps decided to play in the cl at a cost in lower wage terms............................but no he didnt, he went to a has been club for the money and the europa league.

Many will say they dont blame him for getting the better money deal at liverpool, and thats fine but i hope the same people dont come out with the theory that now we are in the cl we will attract better players...........it helps but at the end of the day its the money.............."give me the money man and i will play for you "

BAZ ! could this be the post of the year so far ? Great faith in human nature! Lol

Last edited by lewspurs on Tue Jul 20 2010, 20:22; edited 1 time in total
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Great faith in human nature! Empty Re: Great faith in human nature!

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 20 2010, 20:19

Great faith in human nature! Lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Jul 20 2010, 22:39

Lew , you cant argue with the fact that CL football has helped us hold onto the likes of Gareth Bale and Luka Modric ?

Maybe the first thing we're learning about the champs league, is that the top players apart from the wages of course, view a club at the CL qualifying rounds stage a whole lot different to one that has ear marked its place in the group stages ?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 02:52

ArnieArdiles wrote:Lew , you cant argue with the fact that CL football has helped us hold onto the likes of Gareth Bale and Luka Modric ?
    Arnie ! i think both bale and modric would have stayed anyway, imo neither are the finished article yet, they are very very good but bale has to improve his defending and modric his passing.

Maybe the first thing we're learning about the champs league, is that the top players apart from the wages of course, view a club at the CL qualifying rounds stage a whole lot different to one that has ear marked its place in the group stages ?

FFS arnie please dont create another catch 22 situation, we couldnt get in the cl before because the players werent good enough, we couldnt attract better players because we werent in the cl................and now we dont attract the best players because we are in the qualifiers, lol ! whats next if we get through the qualifier ? the top players wont come because of harrys tax problems , lol.

Its money mate pure and simple, thats why cole went to liverpool and thats why man city are buying up anyone thats any good, why go to city when all they are in is the europa ? perhaps you can explain that to me as you have explained why we arent attracting the top notchers ?

I tell you arnie players are getting greedier and greedier, they couldnt give a sh*t for the fans or the clubs they rip off with their agents fees and outlandish wage demands..............
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 21 2010, 03:55

lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:Lew , you cant argue with the fact that CL football has helped us hold onto the likes of Gareth Bale and Luka Modric ?

Arnie ! i think both bale and modric would have stayed anyway,

I'm not so sure about that ... I feel both have extended their contracts due to the fact that our proggression as a team, ALSO includes a tilt at the Champs League.. Look at the clubs that were sniffing around them ...Bale - AC Milan , Modric - Man Utd ... Had we finished say 6th - 8th I could see both players refusing to extend a contract and our feeder years being extended yet again with the whole atmosphere at the club being one of negativity .. I would suggest you dont down play our 4th position because of our refusal to sign Joe Cole on his terms... There is better value out there even for that kind of money and Harry along with Levy will find it ...

imo neither are the finished article yet,

I agree , both Modric and Bale have their best years ahead of them ...

they are very very good but bale has to improve his defending and modric his passing.

Agree about Bale's defending but differ with you on Modders passing which I feel is although not top notch, pretty good ..For Luka, I feel more shooting practice on the training ground is needed ...

FFS arnie please dont create another catch 22 situation, we couldnt get in the cl before because the players werent good enough, we couldnt attract better players because we werent in the cl................and now we dont attract the best players because we are in the qualifiers, lol ! whats next if we get through the qualifier ? the top players wont come because of harrys tax problems , lol.

Lol .... did I mention the team's kit ? Im sure if we'd retained that yellow streak in our shirt then that Brazilian whats his name ,,, Fabiano would've sighned Great faith in human nature! Icon_smile

Ive included the word , 'maybe' in the paragraph and added a question mark at the end of it for a reason ... I wrote in another thread ( someone keeps opening up to many threads on the same subject so dont ask me which one lol ) that we're not a CL team until we do it on a regular basis so perhaps we're not the attraction we like to think we're just yet... I feel things will be viewed a little different by a host of top players and their agents once the CL Qualifiers are sorted out .

Its money mate pure and simple, thats why cole went to liverpool and thats why man city are buying up anyone thats any good, why go to city when all they are in is the europa ? perhaps you can explain that to me as you have explained why we arent attracting the top notchers ?

Liverpool is Joe Coles boyhood club ? lol
    Nah ...Rumour has it Joe likes the money, needs the money ( apparently likes the gee gees and lost loads on em ) Has an ego and was hurt he wernt getting John Terry wages wants similar .. His family hate Spurs and Arsenal , numourous reasons I guess but I suppose its as you say its all about money ...Im sure if Man City had offered him a deal worth a few million more he'd now be at Eastlands ...We're better off with him , better options out there , look at it as a narrow escape for the club you love ..

I tell you arnie players are getting greedier and greedier, they couldnt give a sh*t for the fans or the clubs they rip off with their agents fees and outlandish wage demands..............

Our love for the game is being exploited like never before and sometimes I feel we the fans are to blame .....

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 09:12

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Arnie ! i think both bale and modric would have stayed anyway,

I'm not so sure about that ... I feel both have extended their contracts due to the fact that our proggression as a team, ALSO includes a tilt at the Champs League.. Look at the clubs that were sniffing around them ...Bale - AC Milan , Modric - Man Utd ... Had we finished say 6th - 8th I could see both players refusing to extend a contract and our feeder years being extended yet again with the whole atmosphere at the club being one of negativity .. I would suggest you dont down play our 4th position because of our refusal to sign Joe Cole on his terms... There is better value out there even for that kind of money and Harry along with Levy will find it ...

imo neither are the finished article yet,

I agree , both Modric and Bale have their best years ahead of them ...

they are very very good but bale has to improve his defending and modric his passing.

Agree about Bale's defending but differ with you on Modders passing which I feel is although not top notch, pretty good ..For Luka, I feel more shooting practice on the training ground is needed ...

Lol .... did I mention the team's kit ? Im sure if we'd retained that yellow streak in our shirt then that Brazilian whats his name ,,, Fabiano would've sighned Great faith in human nature! Icon_smile

Ive included the word , 'maybe' in the paragraph and added a question mark at the end of it for a reason ... I wrote in another thread ( someone keeps opening up to many threads on the same subject so dont ask me which one lol ) that we're not a CL team until we do it on a regular basis so perhaps we're not the attraction we like to think we're just yet... I feel things will be viewed a little different by a host of top players and their agents once the CL Qualifiers are sorted out .

Liverpool is Joe Coles boyhood club ? lol
    Nah ...Rumour has it Joe likes the money, needs the money ( apparently likes the gee gees and lost loads on em ) Has an ego and was hurt he wernt getting John Terry wages wants similar .. His family hate Spurs and Arsenal , numourous reasons I guess but I suppose its as you say its all about money ...Im sure if Man City had offered him a deal worth a few million more he'd now be at Eastlands ...We're better off with him , better options out there , look at it as a narrow escape for the club you love ..

Our love for the game is being exploited like never before and sometimes I feel we the fans are to blame .....

Arnie ..........somewhere along the line i must have given people the impression that i was disappointed at not signing joe cole, truth is i didnt want him, i personally dont want other players at spurs upset because they are getting £60,000 per week and cole on £100,000 would have been ingredients for unhappiness at whl.

I was just pointing out how players are hypocrits, they say things like " it wasnt about money " yeah right of course it wasnt, or " i am moving there to win things " yeah but they should add " the monies good too "

As i said we wont attract any better player at spurs because of the cl, but the ability to pay is different, then players will join as they are at city.

We have to carry on taking chances with unproved talent like we did berbatov and modric, and buy youth potential like bale and lennon and thud..............mind you the smaller clubs are quoting silly sums like ipswich,s connor wickham at 10 million, and thats over the top when you think they could turn out to be like bostock or leigh mills.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Jul 22 2010, 03:35

lewspurs wrote:[

Arnie ..........somewhere along the line i must have given people the impression that i was disappointed at not signing joe cole, truth is i didnt want him, i personally dont want other players at spurs upset because they are getting £60,000 per week and cole on £100,000 would have been ingredients for unhappiness at whl.

I was just pointing out how players are hypocrits, they say things like " it wasnt about money " yeah right of course it wasnt, or " i am moving there to win things " yeah but they should add " the monies good too "

As i said we wont attract any better player at spurs because of the cl, but the ability to pay is different, then players will join as they are at city.

We have to carry on taking chances with unproved talent like we did berbatov and modric, and buy youth potential like bale and lennon and thud..............mind you the smaller clubs are quoting silly sums like ipswich,s connor wickham at 10 million, and thats over the top when you think they could turn out to be like bostock or leigh mills.

Lew you said it in the title of this thread , human nature ..... We have to accept it for what is ..... The football world is not saturated with Benoit Assou Ekkotos who will gladly admit it's all about the money ...

And can you see it at a players first press conference at his new club , rather than the usual waffle of,
    I signed because of the history of the club ,
    the chance to work with the manager ,
    the fans etc ....

Instead he comes out with,
    I had difficulty getting in the team at my previous club,
    the training was punishing ,
    the manager there was a no nonsense character..
    And of course the money was near half what it is here .

It aint gonna happen ...

Post by Guest Fri Jul 23 2010, 02:29

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:[

Lew you said it in the title of this thread , human nature ..... We have to accept it for what is ..... The football world is not saturated with Benoit Assou Ekkotos who will gladly admit it's all about the money ...

And can you see it at a players first press conference at his new club , rather than the usual waffle of,
    I signed because of the history of the club ,
    the chance to work with the manager ,
    the fans etc ....

Instead he comes out with,
    I had difficulty getting in the team at my previous club,
    the training was punishing ,
    the manager there was a no nonsense character..
    And of course the money was near half what it is here .

It aint gonna happen ...

I would have a (little bit more respect for them ) if they did.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:53