The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
So far my take EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
So far my take EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
So far my take EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
So far my take EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
So far my take EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
So far my take EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
So far my take EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
So far my take EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
So far my take EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

So far my take Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
seebee1944
vis
BazSpur
ArnieArdiles
MarkA249
djfitzo
10 posters

So far my take

djfitzo
    International
    International

So far my take Empty So far my take

Post by djfitzo Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:42

Firstly no matter who is playing the passing and losing of possession has been poor, nothing to do with tactics or AVB.
    Ade has had no per season and is not fit.
    Clearly we are not offensive enough playing Livermore and Sandro, two defensive midfielders.
    It's a hard balancing act keeping established players happy and losing two key players that was always leaving, no matter who was going to be in charge.
    I've been away a couple of weeks, so have only seen extended highlights of th Norwich game, but according to reports didn't play that badly in the first two games.
    What I saw yesterday was a mixture of players trying to gel and playing a new system and trying too hard to impress the new gaffer.
    Verts looks a class act, but I would play him with Caulker, Bale seems to play where he wants and I think him and Walker need to earn their places and I would go with the following against Reading.

Brad
    Naughton. Caulker. Verts. Benny
    Sandro
    Lennon sigs. Dembele. Dempsey
    Ade

All I know is it's not as bad as some are making out on here

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

So far my take Empty Re: So far my take

Post by MarkA249 Mon Sep 03 2012, 03:03

if Avb goes with two defensive mid at home he is going to do it away

Brad
    Walker
    Vert
    Caulker
    BAE
    Parker
    Sandro
    Bale
    Dembele
    Lennon
    Ade

Parker back after break
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 03 2012, 03:04

I think yesterday were a very poor performance , one that reeked of fear . There were no Ade/Pav/Crouch smiles out there, no leadership out on the pitch and the WHL crowd were awful so perhaps our first win this season will come at an away ground, hopefully at Reading .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 03:07

i think he played jake and sandro in the middle because he didnt want to just throw the new guys straight in

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 03 2012, 03:11

Think you're right Lought. Someone has got to step forward and be a leader.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 03 2012, 03:55

DJF, I would change Adadabdabdab- - - -Your for Defoe in your line-up. I just think that now he has his deal and is feeling satisfied with him-self it's time to shoot a rocket up his jacksie and wake him up with nothing but the bench until he shows some desire. I like the idea of trying some changes in a back 4 that seems to be "over entrenched".

Arnie I didn't see the game or the highlights yet but I can imagine the fear was present due to the ridiculous pressure that has been heaped upon AVB to succeed with immediate effect . . . . .
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Sep 03 2012, 05:12

Adding to that I think AVB is under pressure from the press vultures not to succeed so that they can all gloat for their mate Harry.

Arnie's right about the crowd yesterday, ok we didn't play well but for people to boo, especially at half time was just plain stupid. We had a near fight in the Paxton Road end when somebody got told to stop booing we're not even losing, and he took exception on the basis that he paid his money and was entitled to boo. Well if you feel like that go watch down the pub and let people who want to support their team come. Christ the players get no encouragement from pratts like the boo boys
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 03 2012, 05:22

I never, ever booed Spurs in all the many years I went to the Lane and I have seen them play some shite over the years. I stood and watched them get relegated in 77 and never booed and nor did anyone else. I think it's disgusting and is definitely not a help to anyone. I know some will say well, I pay my money and that gives me the right.......and that may be right but think what it does to the players and manager. Do people honestly think they would be relishing coming back onto the pitch when they have been booed. I know I wouldn't. It's terrible and shows a distinct lack of decorum IMO.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 08:01

some guy on another forum says hes been a ticket holder for over 50 years and never ever booed at a game untill yesterday.

is he for real. dont he remember how bad we was under hoddle towards the end. or clemence and livermoor joint managers in the 90s. or david pleat the last time he was with us.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 03 2012, 08:04

Gross ?????

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 08:20

yep things aint as bad as them days. or when we had the ginger pele who used to either play up front when we was short or at defence.

or the days when calderwood used to get an early booking and you new it was just a matter of time before he got hes secoud yellow
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Sep 03 2012, 08:45

Was there booing in the last few games of the Ramos regime ?

Some fans probably a bit disgruntled because a decent manager, Jol, had been sacked by Levy and replaced by a bloke who didn't have a clue

The one thing about history is that it never repeats itself, it only seems to

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 03 2012, 08:54

@ Nic Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 09:00

and yet ramos has still won more then jol and harry put togeather.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Sep 03 2012, 09:15

Well then Lought you must be baffled why Levy sacked the poor Spaniard
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 03 2012, 09:19

We have got to give avb at least one season, as for the boo boys , they should gtfo out whl and never come back
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:20

Or go and support the goons. I hear they like booing and fighting each other re-Blackburn at the Emerates last season. I hear black bin bags are also going cheap at he moment.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:30

one of my favorites from a sky comentator during the game at the Emerates

you can hear a pin drop Very Happy

made a change to hear the fans today sing we lover wenger. not heard that for a while
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Sep 04 2012, 10:26

Some superb points on here,,,,,,,,,,,,,but the up-shot is we're a club that's changing direction at the moment,,,,,,(didn't want to say in transition, because that is like the Gooners & they've bveen in that for 8 trophyless season lol)
    AVB have got his players in late & lets face it that's down to Levy squezzing every penny he can out of it.
    But come on Vertonghen, Sigurdsson, Dembele, Dempsey, Adebayor & Lloris,,,,,,,great business,,,,,,,,,,just give the manager a chance to drill them in his tactics & we're away.
    As has all ready been said ,,,,, AVB is behind the 8 ball because to fans & press alike he's repleced Golden Harry,,,,,,,,,But there is naff all we can do about that,,,,,,,,,but we can support AVB load & proud,,,,,,

For me Reading has to be,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Friedel
    Walker Dawson Vertonghen Assou-Ekotto
    Parker
    Lennon Dempsey Dembele Bale
    Adebayor,,,,

Sub's

Lloris Naughton Caulker Sandro Livermore Sigurdsson Defoe
    But it won't be Gallas will be in there,,,,,,,,for sure.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 04 2012, 20:50

I don't imagine AVB would be attracting a word of criticism if Spuds had picked up the points they expected at home against the Baggies and Norwich. The notion that it is a conspiracy of Arryistas is a bit off the mark.

As far as I can see the two managers who are being tipped for the chop are Rodgers and AVB, both of whose clubs results have been poor.

No one is questioning for Michael Laudrup's position or Steve Clarke's are they ?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 20:55

Is it October yet?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Sep 04 2012, 21:50

anicoll5 wrote:I don't imagine AVB would be attracting a word of criticism if Spuds had picked up the points they expected at home against the Baggies and Norwich. The notion that it is a conspiracy of Arryistas is a bit off the mark.

As far as I can see the two managers who are being tipped for the chop are Rodgers and AVB, both of whose clubs results have been poor.

No one is questioning for Michael Laudrup's position or Steve Clarke's are they ?

Or Arsene Wengers, you only have 3 points more than us and havent won a trophy in 8 seasons and couldnt score in your first two games, baffling really.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 04 2012, 21:55

Quite right Dave - no one discussing Wenger 's position at all

That is the effect of winning the game comfortably at Anfield - clearly a defeat against LFC would have left us mired in the same trough as yourself.

Or as Lought would say luckily and on the back of Howard Webb's perverse decisions

Results are king
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 22:04

There would have been a small piece about Arsenal should they have lost. But at the moment all attention is focussed on us because the press have it in for AVB because he took the place of their mouth piece Arry. It's clear for all to see. Talk about vitriol pouring down. It's a f*cking disgrace. No other manager in the Prem is being put under scrutiny like AVB is. What a f*cking shower.And all after 3 f*cking games too. Can you tell I am p*ssed off?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Sep 04 2012, 22:05

They are and so early in the season.

What I dont understand with the Meejas facination with Spurs, perennial underacheivers, is why after so many years of Arsenals challenging whoever was likely to win the prem is why after so many barren years mr Wengers name is not plastered all over the red tops?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:50