The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
expectations ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
expectations ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
expectations ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
expectations ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
expectations ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
expectations ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
expectations ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
expectations ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
expectations ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

expectations ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
ionman34
vis
anicoll5
Boltjean
shearspur
9 posters

expectations ?

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

expectations ? Empty expectations ?

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 09 2012, 07:17

well were 3 games in and awaiting to see how our new signings are going to fit in, will they be up to our expectations or flop as many of our signigs in the past seem to have done and then were left with them on our books unable to move them on, or farming them out on loan deals. bently, pienaar, gio, etc.what i wondered was what are most of you guys expecting for this season and where you think is an acceptable position to finish ? 7th 8th or lower and back to no european football, would you accept that first season or do you feel 5th 6th is minimum required to get us in europa again? do some of you think/expect top 4? . just curious to see what your all expecting this season. me, top 6 is minimum with the squad and additions avb has got at his disposal.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

expectations ? Empty Re: expectations ?

Post by Boltjean Sun Sep 09 2012, 07:51

Shear, I would love to see us in the top four but do not think we will finish that high as I think AVB and the new players will need time to settle in. We have had a bit of a bad start but I feel that when we register our first win, and I think we will get that at Reading, then I can see us climbing the table. A sixth place finish for me, but then again, when I think of the teams that are certain to finish above us, City, United and Chelsea, 4th could be our destiny as I do not think the Arsenal are better than us so who else does that leave who might clinch 4th, Newcastle perhaps?. Far to early to say. What we do need is stability in the club, people to get of AVBs back, even today there are reports of unrest in the club between players and AVB, and that also Redknapp could be recalled to the club if results do not improve in the next few weeks. How the hell can any manager do his job with all this hanging over him, disgusting imo.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09 2012, 08:02

i dont think it matters where we finnish aslong as we can see the team take shape and hes ideas come across.

im sure if we are doing well then avb will get the 2 big players he wants in january.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 09 2012, 08:12

lought you gotta be kidding me, it dont matter where we finish?.so if were 15th 16th you think thats acceptable? cmon fella where is your ambition, you cant let all the good work done over the previous years evaporate and start again. the foundations are there already its just a rebuilding job surely?. i dont want this to get into a harry v avb match thats done and dusted and i have my own opinions on that but its gone and weve moved on. so imo we should be there or thereabouts in the top 6 or its a failure .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 09 2012, 08:12

I wonder if Levy agrees with you Lought ?

It doesnt matter where you finish ????

alien Very Happy drunken lmao
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 09 2012, 08:16

whats your opinion nic ? where do you think we will finish. honest opinion , not P*ss take. just interested in an outside view?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 09 2012, 08:28

On present form 6-8 and if AVB can get a proper grip on the team and the players - I could not rule out a better finish but so far the football has been poor and you look poorly organised
    There might be a project but I have no idea what it is

If he can't get a string of decent tresults and either limps on past Xmas perhaps 8-10 - equally if Levy sacks him the new manager has a difficult job with not as good a crop of players as Arry inherited

vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 09 2012, 08:32

Nice new shirt Shear. Rep for that my main man . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 09 2012, 08:36

May I take this opportunity to remind anyone posting or viewing the Forum that trolling

(The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly P*ssing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it p*sses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
    Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid)

is not welcome.

Thanx . . . . .

flowers
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 09 2012, 08:41

I am much obliged Vis

Do you have any views on where your football club is Lukey to finish - in line with Shears original question ?

For the avoidance of doubt if you want to bar me from
    the site please feel free to do so

I have no doubt we would both survive
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 09 2012, 08:46

thanks vis,arrived today , got it from spurs this time after last years 3 month wait, from that tribal site thingy, more expensive but hey someones gotta pay ades wages, hope hes grateful
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 09 2012, 08:58

whats your view on finish position this season vis, are you ok with dropping out of european footie if hes rebuilding or shouldnt it happen with our squad. where do you think well end up?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09 2012, 09:20

i just think what we did the last 2 seasons was not all that. i felt we was marginly just better then chelsea and newcastle.

we was awfull aganst the other big teams.

if we can finnish in to 6 and also go and give the big teams away from home a proper game not just go park the bus wich is what harry did.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09 2012, 09:22

i also want to see that if a player plays well then he stays in the team. if say ade has 3/4 bad games then hes back on the bench.

i know everyone has bad games but if a player goes 4 or 5 games then someone else needs to come in.

not just pick the same 11 every game
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 09 2012, 09:29

we must watch different spurs lought! i dont remember parking the bus at the emirates or at the etihaad we had a bloody good go mate, and but for ballotellis cheating antics and still being on the pitch we would have won that one.i totally agree with you about swapping players if their having a bad time, spot on mate lets hope he does, they all need to know they not guaranteed a start. i want to see naughton get a fair go, hes been more than fair to spurs signing a new deal.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 09 2012, 09:36

I thought you had a very fair bash at the Bridge at the end of last season Shears - you had a go at Citeh - won for the first time in 20 years in Islington - park the bus my bell end

Don't pay any attention though

I am trying to lure you in

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09 2012, 09:37

your shirt looks nice. still not sure wich one i perfer.

i def not keen on the white one plus i have last years cup kit i still love.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09 2012, 09:39

i thought we sat back aganst man city then had to come out and play when we went behind.

man u away well last time we scored up there jenas scored a beckham free kick unless you count super pav in the fa cup lol

vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 09 2012, 09:53

LOL Shear I tried pointing out to Lought last season that pirate shirts won't keep the players in the comfort they are used to . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 09 2012, 09:55

anicoll5 wrote:I am much obliged Vis

Do you have any views on where your football club is Lukey to finish - in line with Shears original question ?

For the avoidance of doubt if you want to bar me from
    the site please feel free to do so

I have no doubt we would both survive

Nic my post was not directed at any individual poster, more a general reminder to all posters. However, if the cap fits?
    I'm just a humble mod so there-fore do not have the ability to bar anyone . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 09 2012, 09:58

shearspur wrote:whats your view on finish position this season vis, are you ok with dropping out of european footie if hes rebuilding or shouldnt it happen with our squad. where do you think well end up?

Top 6, domestic cup glory (probably the Capital One Cup, which qualifies for Europa) and a fair showing in the Europa League . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:05

ah , but do you consider it failure if we dont do either?
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:14

No I don't Shear. What did we actually win/achieve with Redknapp? One time qualification for the C/L and not a lot else . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:17

Coo that's lucky

Obviously the comments about Trolling

Much obliged

I knew you were that much more sensitive
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:20

Good to see all this is kicking off Yet again - yawn

" what did you achieve/win with Arry" ?

Better results and league position for the past 20 years ish ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:04