The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
expectations ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
expectations ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
expectations ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
expectations ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
expectations ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
expectations ? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
expectations ? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
expectations ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
expectations ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

expectations ? - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
ionman34
vis
anicoll5
Boltjean
shearspur
9 posters

expectations ?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

expectations ? - Page 2 Empty Re: expectations ?

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:23

How about the first time since Torttkmgham had qualified to compete in the CL /Champions League since 1961 ?

What an a*se Arry was - totally agree
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:25

anicoll5 wrote:Coo that's lucky

Obviously the comments about Trolling

Much obliged

I knew you were that much more sensitive

Nic you really should stop your children from accessing your accounts. Especially now that school is back in session . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:26

anicoll5 wrote:How about the first time since Torttkmgham had qualified to compete in the CL /Champions League since 1961 ?

What an a*se Arry was - totally agree

Thank fek we finally agree on something . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:30

If I found my children wasting their time here I can assure them ................

vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:31

You can assure them what Nic? How odd . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:39

i thought david pleat got us 3rd in 87. its a shame english clubs where banned from playing in europe in the late 80s
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:42

i know what your saying vis, but qualifying for the champs lge is quite an achievement in itself nowadays. the kudos for actually being in it for one and the atraction for bringing better players in for two. just cos we qualified under harry i was under no illusions we would win it , but bloody hell what a thrill just playing in it. its a shame the old uefa cup is so diminished but i still go to those games and enjoy but i know where i would rather be.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:48

Shear I do agree. 4th is the holy grail for most clubs. The C/L was a wonderful experience. But for the West London robbers, eh, things may have been different? I still feel though that it was time for Redknapp to go. His lack of respect & class towards OUR club was, to me, unforgivable. There will be a period of transition while new management practices are bought in. It's the same with any industry. One thing the Who did get wrong was "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" . . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:49

They would proceed to the family salt mine

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09 2012, 10:51

i do find it odd that when we got in the champions league we then hardly went on to spend any money to make sure we stayed in the top 4
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 09 2012, 12:47

Just a little reminder for those of you speculating on degrees of success for a manager in his first season.

Bill Nicholsons first season saw us languishing in 18th place at the end of the season.

2 years later we won the double and the following year gave the team widely regarded as the best in the World at the time (Benfica) the hardest game they'd ever played (not my words, Eusebio's)

It is not for the manager to meet the fans expectations, it is for the manager to build the team to be the best it can be. In AVB's case his brief is that much larger, he has been tasked with turning us into a World Class club from the ground upwards and this takes time.

Seperate your expectations from your 'bragging rights' desire and he may just have a fighting chance.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Sep 09 2012, 18:38

Amen to that Ion
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Sep 09 2012, 18:53

anicoll5 wrote:If I found my children wasting their time here I can assure them ................

Just a thought, if you wouldn't let your children on here and judging from your age they are probably at least in thir teens, why do you visit this forum?

Nic, you can debate football with the best of them, but lately you have been petty and to single Lought out and demeaning his knowledge in the crude way that you did was out of order.

We expect banter from you, especially when Spurs are not doing so well, but when your team are nowhere near on the level they used to be and we have a little jibe and put forward facts, don't disappear or get all arsey about it.

I certainly don't want you banned, put you have been pushing it lately.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 09 2012, 20:57

Well if Lought is offended and feels it is personal I apologise to him - as he spent most of last season calling for the head of the AntiChrist Redknapp and got his way I felt he was due for a little light rib tickling as were all the other Arry Out fans on here

I appreciate it is a raw subject so I will say no more and leave it Spurs fans to discuss and reflect upon

As for Arsenal Dave please feel free to launch your torpedoes or on any other footballing matter

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Sep 09 2012, 21:12

anicoll5 wrote:Well if Lought is offended and feels it is personal I apologise to him - as he spent most of last season calling for the head of the AntiChrist Redknapp and got his way I felt he was due for a little light rib tickling as were all the other Arry Out fans on here

I appreciate it is a raw subject so I will say no more and leave it Spurs fans to discuss and reflect upon

As for Arsenal Dave please feel free to launch your torpedoes or on any other footballing matter

I and many others do Nic, but you just won't accept it and get all precious, what's good for the goose mate.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 09 2012, 22:39

All "precious" - as in "f*ck off you Gooner scumbag" lol

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Sep 09 2012, 23:54

anicoll5 wrote:All "precious" - as in "f*ck off you Gooner scumbag" lol

Come on Nic that was after weeks and weeks of your wind ups, tolerance levels are different for each bods.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 10 2012, 00:41

anicoll5 wrote:I am much obliged Vis

Do you have any views on where your football club is Lukey to finish - in line with Shears original question ?

For the avoidance of doubt if you want to bar me from
    the site please feel free to do so

Twisted Evil

I have no doubt we would both survive

Where would you go, what other Spurs site would take your shite ? ..Glory Glory , The Fighting Cockeral ...I'd think you'd really have to change your writing style , you wouldnt last a day on most other Spurs football forums or any other teams forums for that matter
    lmao

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 10 2012, 00:44

anicoll5 wrote:All "precious" - as in "f*ck off you Gooner scumbag" lol

Good man, it was a joke ,,,,good that you took it that way!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 10 2012, 01:14

You have to take in all the management changes , the fact that 3 of our most influential and best players have all gone and the new players will have to be given time to bed in .

I've always said its best to aim high and to aim high with a points tally rather than position in the league . I think point totals are a better target to focus on.

Last season we finished with 69 points and the season before, on 62 points so anything over 60 points is what I'm after.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 10 2012, 01:42

For the avoidance of doubt if you want to bar me from
    the site please feel free to do so

I have no doubt we would both survive

I have no doubt either Nic. Look, no one is looking to ban you but it is felt that you overstep the mark on here and seem to forget you are on a Spurs forum. And I can quite see how Spurs fans on here would get annoyed with the continued use of the word Spud. It doesn't bother me particularly but it clearly bothers some. I think the feeling is you are taking the P*ss and I think there is some truth in that. When I was going on Lizzies board I would never have trolled on there. She wouldn't have put up with it.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Sep 10 2012, 01:43

Oi Dave - it was a joke - not an outburst following of weeks of relentless needling of Arnie by me.

Fair enough

As for other Spuds boards I very much doubt any of them would even let me on - no fans of any other clubs are on almost all the AFC boards I contribute to, other than Lizie's - the moment they appear - ZAP- they are gone - God it is boring sometimes - same topics, much head nodding, same scraps of non information scrutinised and twisted to extract some meaning, same jokes

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 10 2012, 01:54

As for other Spuds boards I very much doubt any of them would even let me on

Nope, so think yourself lucky then innit.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 10 2012, 02:30

As for other Spuds boards I very much doubt any of them would even let me on

If you like I can give you many links to Spurs forums loggin in new name pages. Im sure you'd be accepted.

Can introduce yourself once on, with an opening post,

"Hello Spuddies , I'm a Gooner here to debate football with you Spuds"

and you can go on from there .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 10 2012, 02:55

Haha, I can imagine the reaction.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:36