The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
vis
ArnieArdiles
6 posters

We Only Sing When We're Winning

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 Empty Re: We Only Sing When We're Winning

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 26 2012, 23:22

They banned the drummer.

It's been all seater for years and the atmosphere was still good, incredible at some games.

9 times out of 10 it was led by the drummer on the Shelf, now he's gone there's no lead. Something about drums stirs the blood but now there's nothing.

The club has sterilised the atmosphere, you want it back? Petition the club. Demand the drums, demand that the fans be allowed to bring the tribal nature back. Don't show the video of European atmosphere on here, send it to the suits and let them know that it is the atmosphere that keeps the fans returning over and over.

Don't bemoan the death of atmosphere, demand it back.
    vis
    vis

We Only Sing When We're Winning - Page 2 Empty Re: We Only Sing When We're Winning

Post by vis Sat Oct 27 2012, 06:17

Leave the petition up to you then Ion . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Oct 27 2012, 13:29

vis wrote:Leave the petition up to you then Ion . . . .

Great idea Vis, really gonna make waves from Australia.

Now were I in England then yes I'd petition.

The long and the short of it is that if the lack of atmosphere bothers you then do something about it rather than moan and wait for/expect someone else to do it.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Oct 27 2012, 23:11

ionman34 wrote:
    vis wrote:Leave the petition up to you then Ion . . . .

Great idea Vis, really gonna make waves from Australia.

Now were I in England then yes I'd petition.

The long and the short of it is that if the lack of atmosphere bothers you then do something about it rather than moan and wait for/expect someone else to do it.

I have already said that I think The Lane is still one of the more atmospheric grounds in the Prem Ion. But like all modern grounds there are moments of hushed stagnancy. As said it is possibly to do with some of the people attending games and also the mind-set of supporters who fear the soft underbelly appearing at any given moment. Whether a standing area would alleviate this I don't know but it would take a change in the whole strategy of 21st Century English football to make this happen . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Oct 28 2012, 23:54

Ion Ion Ion oi oi oi .. The banned drummer is a good shout ( see what I did there ? Smile )

As for petitioning the club, Levy and petitions don't really mix , in fact, Levy still feels the pain of the fan mobilisation and organised resistance to his proposed dream move to Strattford .

There are however Spurs fans talking to Levy and the Spurs board, about how the atmosphere can be improved upon at WHL.

I've provided a link in the previous post, #6 regarding this, Fighting Cock 1882.

This thread is not really a moan, okay maybe just a little and it's neither an outlet to vent any spleen. The downhill atmosphere is just something people I know who go to games have commented on and it's not just at Spurs, it's now endemic to the modern game in England . It's also noticeable on tv for us armchairs and so I thought I'd share with the others on here and get their opinions on the matter.

Here's another link that you and some others on here may find useful if they want to get active or whatever.

http://www.mehstg.com/supportclubs.htm
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Oct 31 2012, 11:04

ArnieArdiles wrote:Ion Ion Ion oi oi oi .. The banned drummer is a good shout ( see what I did there ? Smile )

As for petitioning the club, Levy and petitions don't really mix , in fact, Levy still feels the pain of the fan mobilisation and organised resistance to his proposed dream move to Strattford .

There are however Spurs fans talking to Levy and the Spurs board, about how the atmosphere can be improved upon at WHL.

I've provided a link in the previous post, #6 regarding this, Fighting Cock 1882.

This thread is not really a moan, okay maybe just a little and it's neither an outlet to vent any spleen. The downhill atmosphere is just something people I know who go to games have commented on and it's not just at Spurs, it's now endemic to the modern game in England . It's also noticeable on tv for us armchairs and so I thought I'd share with the others on here and get their opinions on the matter.

Here's another link that you and some others on here may find useful if they want to get active or whatever.

http://www.mehstg.com/supportclubs.htm

Mate, I totally understand the concern and I've noticed it on the box too. The atmosphere was laways the real draw for me, it was a real source of pride to know that we had amongst the most vocal fans in the country. Many players and opposition fans have commented in the past that WHL was one of their favourite places to visit because the atmosphere was superb. I can remember games against the goons and Utd where I was hoarse before half time with the singing, Hell, I was hoarse before kick off at the FA Cup semi at OT against the goons. It was the humour as well that really set us apart I think. Some of the songs just plain had you laughing your a*se off at times.

As I said, the club is mostly culpable for the drop in atmosphere but it's the fans and team who suffer for it as a result so the fans as a body need to do something about it now before it's too late.

Good to see that some are talking to the club about it, but their discourse needs to be made apparent to all other fans so that it can be backed to let the club see that ALL of the fans want this, far more leverage.

It's OUR club, it's US that keep it going with our support and our devotion. If they are running it as a business then they must realise it is an entertainment business that involves more than just the entertainment on the pitch. It is interactive so the club need to ensure that the interaction is not lost.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 01 2012, 04:05

Quite agree ion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content