The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
avb on modric and bale EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
avb on modric and bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
avb on modric and bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
avb on modric and bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
avb on modric and bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
avb on modric and bale EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
avb on modric and bale EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
avb on modric and bale EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
avb on modric and bale EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

avb on modric and bale Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
shearspur
djfitzo
seebee1944
ArnieArdiles
8 posters

avb on modric and bale

avb on modric and bale Empty avb on modric and bale

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01 2012, 01:40

Andre Villas-Boas warns Luka Modric on Gareth Bale speculation

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has told Luka Modric to concentrate on playing for Real Madrid rather than speculating about Gareth Bale's future.

The former Spurs midfielder has advised 23-year-old winger Bale to follow him to the Spanish champions.

"I think he should focus more on his club than ours," said Villas-Boas.

"Obviously Modric is aware of Gareth's performances because of his love for Tottenham, but it is completely impossible [for Bale to leave]."

The Wales international has been in sensational form this season, scoring six goals in 13 Premier League appearances, and has been pivotal to the success of a Spurs side that sits one place outside the Champions League qualifying spots.

His talents were on show again in Wednesday night's 2-1 win against Liverpool as he set up fellow wide-man Aaron Lennon for the opener following a pacy burst down the left, before deceiving goalkeeper Pepe Reina with a swerving free-kick to get on the scoresheet himself.
    Play media

Villas-Boas praises 'amazing' Bale

Bale signed a new four-year contract in June, but speculation about his future continues following Spurs's failure to qualify for the Champions League this season.

Modric said Bale should join Real to fulfil his Champions League aspirations but Villas-Boas insisted: "The club has to protect our assets.

"We have to qualify for the Champions League, as Luka says, and for that to happen, we need the players that can make a difference.

"In the end we are not looking to sell. We are first looking to our objectives towards this season and that is the most important thing."

Villas-Boas also highlighted the effect that increased competition for places at other clubs can have on playing opportunities.

Modric, who was guaranteed a starting spot while with Spurs, has seen himself rotated with Germany international Mesut Ozil in the playmaker role at the Bernabeu since joining for approximately £30m in August.

He said: "Regarding Luka, he has high expectations and I think Real Madrid have high expectations for him too. I think with the player that he is, he will turn it around and will manage to get into the team a little bit more."

avb on modric and bale Empty Re: avb on modric and bale

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01 2012, 01:40

its refreashing to see a manager stick up for our players
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Dec 01 2012, 01:52

Yep , well done AVB...

STFU Luka you silly Real Madrid reserve.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat Dec 01 2012, 02:14

Well said AVB, Modric is no longer part of Spurs and should keep out of our affairs. Did cross my mind that with a new baby Gareth might not want to go anywhere.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Dec 01 2012, 03:07

Needs someone to talk to on the bench whilst Di Maria or Ronaldo are playing right wing!!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Dec 01 2012, 03:15

djfitzo wrote:Needs someone to talk to on the bench whilst Di Maria or Ronaldo are playing right wing!!

or left wing even!!

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Dec 01 2012, 06:55

poor old modric, never learn do they. big fish in small pond now the small fish. berbatov syndrome.love it. horrible little cnut, keep your nose out.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Dec 01 2012, 08:20

talking of Berbatoss, I can't believe some on here wanted him back, I remember the big pre season friendly when we tried out our new brown kit and i was in the crowd and everyone was practically begging him to stay, then he kinda went on strike, he can take a run and jump.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Dec 01 2012, 08:37

I would have had him back . . . mad . . . Proven goalscorer . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01 2012, 10:18

i would have him back in a heartbeat. the guy is pure class. he would suit us. hes a team player brings other players into the game and when hes not scoring you know hes on the pitch unlike defoe.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Dec 01 2012, 16:22

Loughtonlegend wrote:i would have him back in a heartbeat. the guy is pure class. he would suit us. hes a team player brings other players into the game and when hes not scoring you know hes on the pitch unlike defoe.

Yes he is class, but he still does what his always did, throw his arms up in the air when things don't go his way, can't believe you would have him back after what he did, may as well bring scumbag back too.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Dec 02 2012, 02:35

Dave, I would have him back, at least he did not go to the Arsenal. Gutted he treated us the way he did, but I feel he could have done us a big service short term, a season or two. And I think you would have been quite pleased mate if we had took him and he started banging in the goals, which is something we seem to be lacking. God help us if Bale did go, it does not bare thinking about. There is no doubt about it, he is the heart of the team imo. Would you rather have Berbatov scoring, or Dempsey who is struggling to score, although I pray Dempsey turns it round and starts finding the back of the net.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 02 2012, 07:50

I wouldn't have him back. He royally f*cked us over with old Red Nose. Bollox to him. Played well today though but I don't forgive and forget.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:10

yeah he had an ok game as a midfielder, thought he was a striker though. lol

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:23

did you not see hes link up play and bring other players into the game. okay defoe scored today but he does nothing else. imagine how many more points we would have if we didnt have him for the first dozen of games
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:30

Billy Nick once said of Jimmy Greaves."He did nothing today but score those 4 goals"

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:32

defoe is no Jimmy Greaves or clive allen or gary lineker. hes not a natrual goalscorer. hes hardly ever on the end of crosses. hes not a poacher.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:38

LOL, and yet he somehow manages to score goals. funny that.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:39

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/top-goalscorers.html
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:42

hows he gonna get on the end of crosses, hes 5 foot nothing with probrably 2, 6 foot plus gorrilas out jumping him. i dont expect him to get on the end of crosses do you. his game is speed and on the ground, defenders are terrified of him playing off their shoulders and to me hes working harder than ever this season getting back when needed. give him some credit .

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:51

baz its true. hes never scored 20 prem goals in a season ever.
    2 seasons ago he started the season off well then second half of the season he stopped.
    same last season.
    hes 30 and never really proved himself as top class striker. he cant hold the ball up hes like the kid at school who you hate playing with because hes so greedy.

is he like ian wright gary lineker hernandaz at man u or van nistory was. why has he never scored at man u or arsneal..

go check the stats

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:52

did defoe really only score 4 goals the season before last in over 20 games
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:58

Lought? I don't really care what he has or hasn't done before. It's the here and now. Yesterday is for yesterdays men.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02 2012, 09:09

hes scoring and thats all that matters for now and ade needs to earn hes place back and not just walk back into the team.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Dec 02 2012, 09:12

agree baz, also its nice to have a player who is happy to be playing at our club and isnt afraid to say so, instead of all the big i am ones we have had in the past who have used us as a stepping stone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05 2024, 16:05